Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 2, 2011 11:26 AM
Sep 2009
Wow Accelerator was freaking awesome in this episode. Jesus, when he yelled "Kihara", I felt shivers course throughout my body...it was that fucking scary.

Vento got knocked the fuck out by Touma (no surprise there).
Apr 5, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
Standard speech for a villain with a tragic past. Luckily there was enough action as well. Accelerator really is some sort of demon. He just kept going and going.

Wonder what they'll cover in the last two episodes.

Apr 7, 2011 7:04 PM

Mar 2011
Accelerator powered up even more? I guess he's not a level 6 (if its even possible) as that would imply an esper with the powers of a god (science equivalent of a saint?) but hot damn!

Oh man, where is this going?
Apr 15, 2011 1:39 PM
Mar 2010
Accelertor rules!!! I taught that he reveles his true form after losing his power. an unstopable monster!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I ador his craizy and powerfull part! (I basicly love two kinds of characters: the smart one, and the "enjoy been crazy" one)
Apr 19, 2011 4:23 AM

Feb 2011
mmhhh such a great argument out there about science over bible

lol when accelerator mumbled something while index was singing i thought he was singing along with her xD
Aug 9, 2011 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
When Touma was running towards Vento, i was like ...here it comes... here it comes...
Accelerator is awesome like always but too bad the series is ending soon :(.
Feb 16, 2012 5:34 AM

Jan 2012
wow another fight with lots of conversation...

touma vs vento: vento with her amazing magic and touma with his amazing speech LOL

accelerator vs kihara: wtf with accel turned into zombie-like haha. but that black wings are surprising. so he threw kihara into the stars? wow LOL

misaka got called by index while fighting hound dogs... why misaka not blast them off with her electric power? it will be most effective because it's raining right?

overall, not bad... but that means the battle is over and the remaining 2 episodes will just be more conversation? looks like i will get more headache LOL
Feb 17, 2012 11:08 PM

Jul 2010
accel was broken like 2 times after getting beaten, he was literally turning into a monster. but damn the black wings on him is good, maybe toma can get white wings?? lol

Mar 5, 2012 12:30 AM

Sep 2011
Way to talk with your fists, Touma.

Touma: -1

I mean, seriously. He talks about how he's going to save the girl who's brother died, but how is punching her in the face and knocking her out going to help? All that does is give her a headache and more of a reason to kill you once she wakes up.. Does he have to punch EVERYTHING in the face?
Apr 27, 2012 10:44 PM

Mar 2012
Looks like Kihara's blasting off again!!!
Jun 8, 2012 3:53 PM

Nov 2010
I know I'm probably the 100th person who pointed this out, but I am really flabbergasted that Touma didn't pull out Vento's tongue piercings. In fact, he would probably win if he pulled any of her piercings out.
Jun 9, 2012 1:59 PM

Jul 2011
hah and Touma said he couldn't take a punch
Jun 26, 2012 11:47 PM
Apr 2012
edmond321 said:

I mean, seriously. He talks about how he's going to save the girl who's brother died, but how is punching her in the face and knocking her out going to help? All that does is give her a headache and more of a reason to kill you once she wakes up.. Does he have to punch EVERYTHING in the face?

But, that's how Touma solves all of his problems.
Touma is just an uninteresting character with a game-breaking power.
Jul 29, 2012 12:10 PM

Aug 2008
Syn_Drive said:
edmond321 said:

But, that's how Touma solves all of his problems.
Touma is just an uninteresting character with a game-breaking power.

Maybe you two aren't paying attention, Vento was getting INJURED by using her magic so Touma had to stop her or she would kill herself.

Seriously, alot of the people complaining don't even pay attention

RocknRollOtaku said:
I know I'm probably the 100th person who pointed this out, but I am really flabbergasted that Touma didn't pull out Vento's tongue piercings. In fact, he would probably win if he pulled any of her piercings out.

Because she was surely standing around and not jumping around the place
KenjuSep 17, 2012 8:15 PM

Sep 8, 2012 8:10 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
here comes Touma's fist again! Falcon punch!!! ITs a KNOCKOUT!!! and lol zombie Accelerator. Also what's the saint dude doing? HE watches everything, lets everything happen and when it's over, comes to pick up the trash (Vento) looool
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 8, 2013 11:20 AM

Jun 2009
Accelerator is cool and definitely the best part of this series...period. The rest of the episode wasn't as great. I went "oh boy" when Touma started one of his inane speeches again.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 21, 2013 6:19 PM

Apr 2012
Got a good laugh out of Touma getting upset over someone else giving a speech explaining their shoddy reasoning for their actions. I guess he doesn't like it when anyone else starts to copy his character traits.

Anyway, it was nice to see Accelerator kick that guy's ass; however, I do wonder if they will provide an explanation on how he was suddenly able to recover his abilities. It's cool that he did but I hope they don't completely gloss over it.
Feb 2, 2013 5:04 PM

May 2012
Oh boy accelerator! Damn he's really getting super saiyan like in the end :p
Nice song from Index though lets see if that can help her!
The epilogue was rather interesting another new character... I assume even stronger than the ones before!

Stuff is getting rather interesting although most of the information they're giving is a bit on the boring side.
Mar 24, 2013 11:09 PM

Sep 2012
Accelerator = zombie? XD
Jun 6, 2013 11:55 AM

Mar 2013
so many people hate Touma(i also hate him). If that's the case then i bet people will love acqua of the back and his arc if they do animate index III (hehehe)
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Jun 6, 2013 12:01 PM

Mar 2013
So many people hate touma(I also hate him aswell), If that's the case, i bet everybody will love Aqua of the back and his arc if they do make Index III(hehehe)
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Jun 8, 2013 11:36 AM

Aug 2009
-Shiori said:
Accelerator = zombie? XD
Accelerator=
Jun 15, 2013 12:06 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
>antagonist tries to destroy a whole lifestyle because of an amusement park ride or whatever

I'm pretty sure this takes the cake as the dumbest shit pulled out of all the anime I've seen so far.
But then again, the Index series in general seems to be ranking high...in terms of how retarded it is
>Goes into Index prepared to hate it
>changes char development for his own "criticism"
>Thinks Index and Railgun are different

Railgun fan confirmed.
Aug 5, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
Toaru extremely gar no Accelerator? Seems Legit.
Oct 4, 2013 12:47 AM

Jun 2011
This Vento lady has to be one of the dumbest antagonists in this series so far. Amusement park killed my brother? Better go kill everyone connected to science!

Touma spouting his usual good-guy-talk was pretty lame this time around. Accelerator on the other hand was badass as usual.

Forgetfulness said:
I'm pretty sure this takes the cake as the dumbest shit pulled out of all the anime I've seen so far.
But then again, the Index series in general seems to be ranking high...in terms of how retarded it is

Yeah. I usually turn my brain off and just enjoy the show, but this one was just too retarded to ignore.
Oct 4, 2013 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
Dissent said:
This Vento lady has to be one of the dumbest antagonists in this series so far. Amusement park killed my brother? Better go kill everyone connected to science!

Touma spouting his usual good-guy-talk was pretty lame this time around. Accelerator on the other hand was badass as usual.

Forgetfulness said:

Yeah. I usually turn my brain off and just enjoy the show, but this one was just too retarded to ignore.

How about the doctors that sacrificed him to save her?

Going by yours favs,how is staring a war in order to protect your -already safe-sister any less retarded?

And you are basically criticizing Touma for doing what you did in the first line of your post...
Oct 29, 2013 8:54 PM

Jan 2011
Actually Touma learned a new move this episode: He used his elbow to knock Vento in the stomach.

Also, Index singing (and shining) while Accelerator and that Kihara fight was actually quite nice to watch imho. The total disconnect between the both things happening at the same time just a few meters away from each other had something to it.

As usual, Tsuchimikado totally useless. Stiyl didn't even appear, and Kanzaki is probably busy being embarassed over various things.

At least the science and magic side interact with each other now. Even Anti-Skill is more useful than Stiyl and Tsuchimikado, and with Misaka and Kuroko etc. helping out, we hopefully will see less Touma speeches and punches.

I wonder though why Touma never fainted. Uiharu fainted just after seeing that video of Vento and thinking "did they say intruder", but Touma berates her, punches her etc. and keeps going? Unless he negated that magic somehow, which doesn't seem likely from how it was described and how his fist works, that's stupid. But not even Vento herself wondered about that. It's like they conveniently forgot that during the fight, because he would simply faint and Vento would have won..
Oct 30, 2013 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
NwAurion said:
Actually Touma learned a new move this episode: He used his elbow to knock Vento in the stomach.

Also, Index singing (and shining) while Accelerator and that Kihara fight was actually quite nice to watch imho. The total disconnect between the both things happening at the same time just a few meters away from each other had something to it.

As usual, Tsuchimikado totally useless. Stiyl didn't even appear, and Kanzaki is probably busy being embarassed over various things.

At least the science and magic side interact with each other now. Even Anti-Skill is more useful than Stiyl and Tsuchimikado, and with Misaka and Kuroko etc. helping out, we hopefully will see less Touma speeches and punches.

I wonder though why Touma never fainted. Uiharu fainted just after seeing that video of Vento and thinking "did they say intruder", but Touma berates her, punches her etc. and keeps going? Unless he negated that magic somehow, which doesn't seem likely from how it was described and how his fist works, that's stupid. But not even Vento herself wondered about that. It's like they conveniently forgot that during the fight, because he would simply faint and Vento would have won..

So much bullshit.Try paying attention more to the series ok?No I doubt thats something you know.
Mar 11, 2014 8:13 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I wonder if Index's prayer had something to do with Accelerator's black wings at the end. Another Falcon punch by Touma toward a girl. Poor Hyouka, it's creepy seeing her in that state, but on the other hand Vento's past was pretty sad.

Was that Acqua of the Rear earlier in last episode unconscious while Vento and Touma fought?

So for now I've only seen two saints, Kanzaki and Acquas of the Rear. I wonder who the other 18 saints are or if there were others mentioned and that I forgot.

Mar 11, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
SweetKotomi said:
I wonder if Index's prayer had something to do with Accelerator's black wings at the end. Another Falcon punch by Touma toward a girl. Poor Hyouka, it's creepy seeing her in that state, but on the other hand Vento's past was pretty sad.

Was that Acqua of the Rear earlier in last episode unconscious while Vento and Touma fought?

So for now I've only seen two saints, Kanzaki and Acquas of the Rear. I wonder who the other 18 saints are or if there were others mentioned and that I forgot.

No it had nothing to do with the wings.

No.

Very few will be named.
Jun 19, 2014 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
Probably the only arc that lived up to (and this episode specifically surpassed) the impression I got from reading the novels.

[spoiler]I see Accelerator awoke,gotta to be sure to continue reading to see what that's all about.
Jul 1, 2014 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
@ssjokg.. I was thinking the same as Kotomi that Index's prayer had something to to with Accelerators regain of power. But seems not.

Also it seems we met the second saint that looks to be superman itself xD (joking).
Jul 2, 2014 2:43 AM

Aug 2009
ao_no_exo said:
@ssjokg.. I was thinking the same as Kotomi that Index's prayer had something to to with Accelerators regain of power. But seems not.

Also it seems we met the second saint that looks to be superman itself xD (joking).
He is a lot stronger than Kanzaki thats for sure.
Jul 2, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
ao_no_exo said:

Well then he has to be extremely powerful
Considering
Jul 2, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
ao_no_exo said:
ssjokg said:
Considering
Thats something every Saint can do lol.
Aqua(William Orwell) 's time to shine in the anime is far away...
Jul 2, 2014 9:05 AM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
ao_no_exo said:
Considering
Thats something every Saint can do lol.
Aqua(William Orwell) 's time to shine in the anime is far away...
Really? xD I guess Saints are space people too xD. And so we know (until I saw the anime) 6 saints in my theory.
Aug 26, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
What happened to Accelerator ? o.O crpy
Sep 1, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2014
Accelerator with stopped the grenade? Wtf, he awakened, how? The song from Index? Or jst an ass pull? I hope they will explain this soon. Even the scientist guy was confused, how the hell did Accelerator change his personal reality and gain his powers back after getting kicked so much and not getting ghurt at all? He should have lost like a few ribs by now. Whew, what amonster, makes Touma look overpowered lol. Touma took him out in a few punches, but this scientist guy punched him 10 times, kicked him 10 times, and he's still standing using his power... Don't get me wrong, Accelerator is a cool guy, but this makes him too OP.
Sep 1, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2009
The song from Index has nothing to do with it.

"Awakening", which by the way is a term created by the fandom, is when an esper has a revelation important to influence their way of life.
The awakening doesnt change the Personal Reality and it is actually based on it.I dont know what subs you were watching.While awakened Accelerator doesnt need the assistance of the Misak Network since the "wings" do the calculations.

Accelerator actually took his situation seriously and didnt just stay in his room after his defeat by Touma and the injury he received from Amai.
it's only a month but it is enough for a person to get stronger psychically.
He trains even more, even in the use of firearms, after this arc.
Sep 3, 2014 5:16 PM

Jul 2014
wait, so is accelerator an angel? well, whatever he is, he will always remain one of my favorite characters in the series. (rivaled only by misaka mikoto of course)
Sep 4, 2014 4:13 AM

Aug 2009
LusciousLobsters said:
wait, so is accelerator an angel? well, whatever he is, he will always remain one of my favorite characters in the series. (rivaled only by misaka mikoto of course)
Angels in Indexverse are like robots that take orders from a "system"(God) and depending on if they work properly or not they are called demons.

Accelerator just like Kazakiri is an artificial angel that is basically a change in his AIM field.Kanzaki is a different since she is created by concentrated AIM fields of the many espers in Academy City.

tl;dr
"Angel" Accelerator has nothing to do with real angels.
Jan 3, 2015 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my god, sorry, but that was kinda hilarious that Index gave no fuck and started praying while Accelerator was being beaten the crap out of him right behind her xD
At least, he has been able to kill that Kihara dude, I hope.

What did he meant by his power being from an angel? I don't get it, there is a prety clear distinction between espers and magicians, no? You can't be the two...

Touma has been able to put a ToumaPunch right into Vento face. Must say she looked pityful though, coughing blood and shit.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 27, 2016 5:57 AM

Mar 2014
The Malefactor or the Hot-tempered . Savage vs. Tranquil .
Madman's abomination . Sister's Interference of manifestation .
A Scientific mistake not ever to do so , Obstruction of anything .
Happiness in aspects . A life-changing answer .
VERY GREAT episode ~ !!! Winged resolution .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2016 5:57 PM

Mar 2015
Slightly better than the last episode.

Is Touma a Naruto?

I'm curious about the remaining 5 Level 5 espers :3

3.5/5
Mar 29, 2016 2:19 PM

Mar 2015
TBH this arc despite having Misaka and Accelerator, is really weak.

May 8, 2016 11:50 PM
Apr 2015
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
Whoa. A little too over predictable and a little too much action. Not that it's a bad thing, but what the hell just really happened? Accelerator sends Kihara into space somehow, Touma knocks out Vento while her friend appears, and Misaka is still doing pretty much nothing. I'm hoping the next episode is less predictable and more episodic. Looking forward to the next!

It would be nice for people to say "predictable" to actually predict something ahead of the time to prove their predictability prowess, wouldn't it?
Jan 22, 2017 3:30 PM

Dec 2013
Not sure what happened with Accelerator but it was still pretty cool.
Jan 13, 2018 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
While I didn't get anything that happened as usual, Touma once a gain blurted out a bunch of generic bullshit and one-punched his opponent.
Oct 16, 2018 11:13 PM

Dec 2012
That voice crack tho

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

138 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.