Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 7, 2011 10:32 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was all pretty wild. Tomonori being used like that to have this crazy ass monster happen was insane and not cool of whoever did this. At least we get to see Hellscythe’s scythe in action hitting that King of the Night as follows,

it is now confirmed that Hellscythe’s powers may indeed be attracting megalos. In the end Hellscythe’s leaving them again provokes another search. Come back Hellscythe! Damn it! Like Sera said, “This is not a final goodbye.” More later, discuss monster and drama in this episode. IMO drama is nice.

About Dai-Sensei, the most vital information IMO about her is that she is from “The Magical Academy of the name Matelis” and of course her powers are further explored a little. I am also surprised by how much potential she meant when she does acknowledge Ayumu being a powerful magician. That surely at the very least means he has immense potentials to develop according to her. Dai-sensei’s appearance at first gave off in this episode a beautiful faced blush that she makes at the compliment of KoN's (abbreviation now used for King of the Night) towards being known in the underworld as being powerful. What is confirmed further of her powers is that she can transport anything of a small object caliber and that she uses light as the elemental as the spoiler suggest
among other elements just like she used it for her teleportation. Another thing confirmed here is that Tomonori is a sister of a friend that Dai-sensei knew a while back. That would mean 2 assumptions from me: a)Dai-sensei has contact with the vampire-ninja clan. b)Magical Academy may be responsible in creating that race with their advanced magic. Regardless there is Dai-sensei involvement with the vampire ninja clan.

About King of the Night, he is a freaking bad ass enough to get officially now a spot in my hall of fame. I almost like him as much Accelerator except him being a bad guy now a little less. Of course I doubt he will live out after the shit he has done to Kyoko. From the start that evil face with one eye just showing in shadowy form is nice! His mention here of the Hellscythe not forgiving him of killing a 7th Abyss makes me wonder if it has to do with Kerberos or something much more in the past. I like how he is portrayed in red like background while telling of Hellscythe wanting him to disappear but he did not. KoN has the power to snap fingers and blow anything it targets such as the ferry wheel as seen in the spoiler
that is insane as I have seen other animes where characters have that power and it’s a pain in the ass to get rid of them. Furthermore he can summon lighting from anywhere as when he shocked Ayumu, that is also is a pain since it can strike from anywhere. You got to admit that KoN smile does remind me a little of Accelerator’s one, anyone else as of last episode of Index they have seen? While having evil eyes that the KoN has while he mentions “Harbinger of Death” whom Hellscythe is recognized as bringing death by, he truly proves his evil appearance. What’s interesting is that as Dai-sensei uses light for teleportation he uses darkness, which goes back to his evil elemental. I hate him on the basis that he made Hellscythe suffer gravely and her friends. Truly a bad ass that is evil.

About Hellscythe, she was rather emotional and got some things about her that are interesting. For one she was brought in the beginning to a top position overseeing the place where was playing with her plushy, which suggests complete isolation for the meeting. It obvious her anger expression showed very well her hate towards KoN. She looked so cool with a first look at her scythe in the spoiler
Another very interesting thing to remark is that her scythe is also her notepad and pen as observed in the spoiler
Thus suggesting why she had unlimited ink and sheets for her notepad.
When I meant I hated KoN making Hellscythe suffer I meant
this part where she is suffering badly. Damn you KoN for making her emotions waver. As a result that wavering caused a megalo of the appearance of one of her plushy to appear. In the end it gives me great sadness to see Hellscythe as it shows in the spoiler
and that would be wavering goodbye with tears where she was in the beginning. It’s not right to blame herself for something she was born with and is out of control. Moreover it was KoN's fault to disrupting it in the first causing irregularities in her magic. Ayumu’s kindness along with the funny attics of Sera/Haruna is what made her best enjoy her cursed life. So, fuck you KoN for doing all this shit to her, because of you she left again! Argh!

About Ayumu Aikawa, impressed on both fronts of GAR mode and courage in saving Tomonori as well as comedy/magical powers. Loved his affirmative attitude towards Sera’s announcement of her mission to kill Hellscythe. Shows he opposes that quite clearly and on top of that challenge Sera with his affirmative attitude of her individuality as opposed to her clan belonging and upholding the honor of the mission due to her pride. Ayumu started really to get in shit as the ferris wheel was rolling towards him, got love how his face looked like after being crushed by ferris wheel while Sera makes a remark how it looks always crushed. Despite doing nothing to that megalo plushy, I did like seeing him punch at 400% or even higher that megalo along with a Uzi technique of punching. Of course due to that nasty monster of the name Masticore whom you can find all about here although it does not resemble anything like the monster.

Ayumu’s struggle was kind of a repetition of what he did towards Kyoko but none the less it worked as he advances to save Tomonori, that beam blast through his leg not once but a few times must have hurt like a bitch! Ouch dare I say. Nonetheless he advance through the barrier, with a nice gar face, hugged Tomonori (what amazing drama that was) and ultimately transmitting his emotions stopped the self destruct of the Masticore as it shows in the spoiler
whom I am sure that being a amazing magicians as a first of being able to make use of one’s emotions to powerfully change things. No doubt that’s exactly what Ayumu did to stop the masticore, damn ;) I am proud of Ayumu about that. Too bad the moment got a little ruined with Ayumu getting punched by Tomonori for not calling her properly. I loved how he patted her on the head for a first time last I remember in the spoiler
In the end it was quite a heart sobbing wrenching scene seeing
Ayumu crying as everyone’s wishes changed and he realized that his was to nullify them. Damn drama. Rest in the spoiler
About preview, not sure about the “No, that will explode” but I can’t wait to find out. This is finally getting more amazing!
Yumekichi11Mar 8, 2011 7:01 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 7, 2011 10:54 AM

Nov 2007
oh man things got real with the enemy appearing before Yuu and wanting his wish granted. sad with Yuu leaving, I'm sure Ayumu and the rest will find a way to go after her. Yuki seems to have quite a bit of power herself, what was that though? at least Ayumu was able to stop it before anyone got hurt.... well besides him.

Dai-sensei seems like maybe the strongest though....

I really love the current cast though, and this should definitely get a second season later!
KimuraMar 8, 2011 9:46 AM
Mar 7, 2011 11:16 AM

Dec 2010
Well it's pretty obvious MAL is lagging hardcore..so my post probably isn't the first.

I just wanna just type some things up that caught my attention from the beginning to the end of the episode:

Damn, I never thought Sera would showed some emotion... for a second.

That fucking dude just snapped his fingers and a ferris wheel broke loose. He also sent lightning down just by snapping his fingers...woah. I laughed at Sera's face joke towards Ayumu when the ferris wheel hit him.

That doll looks like Baby Beelzebub. It's hilarious how it was patting Haruna's head.

WTF?? Yuki just summoned that dude? What the hell is going on? So she has some crazy ass self destruction machine built into her? Kind of weird...even more so because it's like everyone shrugged it off without asking questions or getting answers.

What a touching moment when Ayumu realizes that Yuu left...having only his wish coming true. Obviously, Haruna comes in to save the day with her mighty kick to bring back his spirits so he can bring her back!

Can't wait to see the next episode.
KimuraMar 8, 2011 9:49 AM

Mar 7, 2011 12:46 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
such a sad episode
new villain guy looks suspiciously like an older ayumu...
poor yu
Mar 7, 2011 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
Heart felt episode, good stuff.
Mar 7, 2011 4:51 PM

Jun 2010
Awwww sad episode. haven't seen one in a while. Tomonori was protected by Aiyumu and Yuu left.

I think that mysterious character is the other zombie Yuu had, but turned evil.

Mar 7, 2011 7:11 PM

Jul 2008
I don't think the older ayumu turned evil, he look more desesperate than evil at least.

He was said to have killed someone, one of the seven something (probably similar to shinigami) that appear in the op (at the end of the op) and these seven being look like the true evils ones.
I could well see a case where these seven being are the real baddy and the older looking Ayumu killed one to save Yuu but she didn't see it this way because they were 'important' entity.
I beleive that his wish is either for Yuu to be with him again or to give him death since a zombie is suposely an immortal being.

Anyway the developing was weird and even tough many thing felt very forced at the very least it is making sense.
Mar 7, 2011 7:16 PM
Jan 2011
damn you "whatever the hell your name is evil zombie guy" !! not only is does he seem really strong with just snapping fingers and lighting strikes out of nowhere but he's threatening Eu as well, that's the worst!

Ayumu better bring Eu BACK home and kick the shit out of that guy!
if not he really is a piece of shit

c'mon ZOMBIE vs. ZOMBIE!
Mar 7, 2011 7:32 PM

Jan 2010
Random, incoherent crap.
Mar 7, 2011 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
NEVA NEVA NATTO!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 7, 2011 8:12 PM

Oct 2009
I think 12 episodes is too little for this series as in the light novel they are way past King of the night, hoping for a second series (all I know)

I have no idea what the fire monster thingy is but it looked cool.

This was totally the depressive episode with Yuu than Yuki and the fire monster than Yuu again...geez, there is so much difference between the second half of this series and the first half. All in all, prolly my favorite episode as I've been watching it at least 10 times today.

Oh yeah, Awesome bass groove when fighting the doll thingy
Mar 7, 2011 8:12 PM
May 2010
This anime gets so bad when it tries to be serious. This episode was a rushed clusterfuck of melodrama, I can't believe they tried to cram all of that in there.

I mean seriously- could anyone take the second Vampire Ninja's self-destruct scene even remotely seriously? If you can you deserve a medal.
Mar 7, 2011 8:27 PM

Feb 2011
I love how Yuki just punched him right after that whole ordeal. Hellscythe's scythe looked freaking awesome. They better get her back or I'll throw a fit. : )
Mar 7, 2011 8:41 PM

Sep 2008
Where is my imagined Eu voice?

Dropped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2011 8:59 PM

Mar 2010
NOOOO Eu don't go. Running away isn't the answer.

Wasn't as good as the past episodes. Felt too rushed and imposed on me. The ending mended it a bit but not as good. but solid IMO.
My Blog: Due2Life

Mar 7, 2011 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
Finally got the thread to work, damn lags.

Even though this had some lolplot and forced drama, man i liked it. That's some phenomenon of a deen anime, really. Moar Yuki please.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 7, 2011 9:33 PM

Sep 2009
The fire monster thing was very rushed and unexplained, but I guess it served as a distraction for the others while the real story was going on. I kind of liked the story with Yuu, just wish it had a bit more.
Mar 7, 2011 9:41 PM

Oct 2007
I feel this episode was trying too hard to be funny while maintaining serious plot. They could have replaced the whole "friends suffering" with something more realistic.

A giant plushy doll on top of Haruna does not make me feel sorry for her.
No one should.
Not even Yuu.
If it was a manga everyone should be "..."-ing at that scene.

Dai-sensei appearing randomly and blasting the plushy doll off Haruna, cool. It falls on Yuki and after some shit she's going to explode.
The only way I could tell it was supposed to be a serious scene was by the music.

Ok now Yuu.
Only good part about the episode. They didn't try to butter it up with comedy.
Mar 7, 2011 9:58 PM

Oct 2010
No more "Oniichan"? :(
Mar 7, 2011 10:19 PM
Mar 2010
That was way too rushed. Could have made this into two episodes at least...
I would've have been pissed if Yuki died like that, but the resolution was a bit anti-climatic.
Anyway, I enjoyed this episode though. I think I'm starting to like Yuki the most.
Mar 7, 2011 10:47 PM

Nov 2010
I cant tell if this is completely ridiculous or the work of a genius.
Mar 7, 2011 10:59 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty dramatic this week, but I think that it worked better, almost got teary-eyed
Amazing battle scenes, getting everyone and even Dai-sensei in on it
Love & Piece

Mar 7, 2011 11:43 PM

Dec 2009
BloodReign71 said:
getting everyone and even Dai-sensei in on it

yeah except for one thing.... Still no Kyoko :( I wish she would appear again and not under the control of that asshole >_<
Mar 8, 2011 12:39 AM
Feb 2011
This was a WTF episode.
What was that iron man coming out of the little ninja?
Mar 8, 2011 12:45 AM

Jan 2009
This was a dramatic episode, but everything just seems all jumbled. I'm liking how it's progressing though.
Mar 8, 2011 12:49 AM

Jun 2009
I am more devastated that there is no new seiyuu for Eu than her disappearance in this episode.

Battle ending was lame and the story was rushed. I think this would be better with 24 episodes. 12 just won't cut it as some people said.
Mar 8, 2011 1:02 AM

Jan 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

it is now confirmed that Hellscythe's powers may indeed be attracting megalos. In the end Hellscythe's leaving them again provokes another search. Come back Hellscythe! Damn it! Like Sera said, "This is not a final goodbye." More later, discuss monster and drama in this episode. IMO drama is nice.

For what it's worth, it isn't confirmed. It's asserted. By someone who has issues with Yuu and wants her to go away and suffer in darkness, alone.

Zombie Love will prevail. But this episode was bad.
Mar 8, 2011 1:18 AM

Jul 2010
Wut, noone made a thread yet oO Well, the episode was pretty decent. I wonder what that wish is that the other zombie talked about. At this rate its likely that there will be a 2nd season..
Mar 8, 2011 2:31 AM

Jan 2009
8 ep9 posts? Come on. >_>
Forced dorama is forced.
Can't they decide if they're gonna try making it funny or not? Fail comedy + forced dorama isn't that very good.
And add to that some lolplot and you have a terribad combination.
This feels so stupid.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 8, 2011 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
D: Eu left!??! T_T
It sucks about what Ayumu wrote on the tree... :/ D:

There's three episodes left... Hmmm...
Mar 8, 2011 3:20 AM

Nov 2010
This anime seems really confused.

It can't decide whether its a comedy or a serious anime. I prefer it when it's a comedy as I think that's where it really shines
Mar 8, 2011 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was really nice and sad at the same time. Looking forward to next week.
Mar 8, 2011 3:46 AM

Jul 2010
I got a bit lost during this episode, especially when Yuki began that self-destruct sequence. Came out of nowhere. Seems this episode tried to be serious a little too hard. Nonetheless, still a show I look forward to every week.
Mar 8, 2011 5:35 AM

Sep 2009
Iisan-kun said:
This anime gets so bad when it tries to be serious.
Agreed.

fail episode and silly looking megalos made it worse.
Mar 8, 2011 5:53 AM

Jan 2010
i like them when they are like Serious and after 3 minutes they are act like nothing happened , and something stupid happens !
Mar 8, 2011 5:54 AM

Feb 2010
Fire thing appearing out of nowhere was very confusing. Wish that had been explained better. Also gonna agree with the "lolserious" people here. The drama isn't completely terrible, but this show shines so much more when it plays to its strengths, which is comedy intermixed with violence if you ask me.
Mar 8, 2011 6:51 AM

May 2010
Dai-sensei is badass? ;D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Mar 8, 2011 7:06 AM

Oct 2010
Mockman said:
Yumekichi11 said:

it is now confirmed that Hellscythe's powers may indeed be attracting megalos. In the end Hellscythe's leaving them again provokes another search. Come back Hellscythe! Damn it! Like Sera said, "This is not a final goodbye." More later, discuss monster and drama in this episode. IMO drama is nice.
For what it's worth, it isn't confirmed. It's asserted. By someone who has issues with Yuu and wants her to go away and suffer in darkness, alone.
I think it may be confirmed because Haruna and Dai-Sensei also mentioned. We can also assume enough to be certain due to what Hellscythe mentions about her powers working. Power Words may = to animating objects such as the plushy we saw in this episode yet I can agree with you that someone may be setting up Hellscythe to feel that way with their own magic. All this still remains to be checked.
Paiguy said:
Fire thing appearing out of nowhere was very confusing. Wish that had been explained better.
I though it was explained that Dai-Sensei implanted a device into Tomonori that is the ultimate Mahou Shoujo weapon. It is obvious it is activated in various levels with key phrases through Tomonori, what is not explained is why is she not herself during all the process.
Yumekichi11Mar 8, 2011 7:14 AM

Mar 8, 2011 7:26 AM

Feb 2008
Really disappointing episode. This show should stick to the comedy and harem stuff instead of trying to have a serious plot. Mixing them both is just weird.

Hopefully the rest of the show isn't going to be lolplot or else this will be going down a rating or two.
Mar 8, 2011 7:42 AM

Dec 2009
@ Yumekichi11

Are you sure the evil zombie guy was " the king of the night " ? Was there a prove in this or the last episode ? Maybe I missed something >.>

Episode 9 was really confusing for me, I didn't get the whole thing going on with Tomonori. What has a vampire ninja to do with the Mahou Shoujos ? Meh, really meh.... liked the previous episodes a lot more, I hope the next episode will make up for this.
yuno6.jpg
Mar 8, 2011 8:12 AM
Nov 2010
I don't find this episode weird at all. I thought it flowed nicely and the mixture of comedy, harem, drama and action was really nice.

This ending was sad and there's not much anime that made me feel sad.
Mar 8, 2011 8:14 AM

Nov 2010
This episode was so rushed... But I hope we'll hear Eu's voice even once...
Yuki was awesome :3
Mar 8, 2011 9:06 AM

Oct 2010
Spirit_Sempai said:
@ Yumekichi11
Are you sure the evil zombie guy was " the king of the night " ? Was there a prove in this or the last episode ? Maybe I missed something >.>
The conversation between him and Hellscythe along with the facts that she wanted him to disappear combined with the previous episodes of her mentioning to Ayumu about him adds up to him being the King of the Night himself and Dai-Sensei also was looking for him.
Yumekichi11Mar 8, 2011 9:50 AM

Mar 8, 2011 9:13 AM

Apr 2010
Hellscythe was to docile this episode i bet she could have killed that guy easily if she wanted to, it was also kind of vague why she didn't stop him.
It was obvious that she would leave them when they got to that convenience store her behavior and the way she waved at them suggested enough.
I think she left them like that since Ayumu would try to convince her other wise.

Speaking of him i think he should look at it from other peoples perspectives more.
Since he is still having trouble accepting Sera and Yuki's way of life or at least there behavior to there code.
It's the way they where raised and Ayumu should at least consider that they can't ignore it, currently he is just trying to force his own view upon them which i think is wrong.

Yuki having a weird magical being in her was surprising and from Dai-sensei's reaction she knew about it.
It also seemed like she was the precious thing Ayumu needed to watch for Dai-sensei and not the glasses like Ayumu thought.
Mar 8, 2011 9:42 AM

Feb 2009
Longest 10 second self-destruct sequence ever.
Other than that, very bad episode.
Mar 8, 2011 10:26 AM

Jul 2009
Quite boring episode really, definitely the worst so far...
Feelings really does not work for this show, especially not when you try to mix it with a guy wearing a frilly pink dress^^
Mar 8, 2011 10:31 AM

Jul 2009
Fenrir, they called it. As I recall, Fenrir is a giant wolf from Norse Mythology, not some Magma/Fire Elemental thing that comes out of a girl and has a self-destruct option.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 8, 2011 11:15 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was ridiculous and dramatic at the same time. Now what is it trying to be exactly? A giant freaking chick crushing Haruna and after that Yuki? The whole thing with that monster appearing from within Yuki was all way too sudden as well and not explained in the slightest.

The end was pretty sad though. Eu couldn't take it anymore to watch her friends suffer. They have to get her back soon! T_T

So where is this series going exactly? =S

Mar 8, 2011 11:35 AM

Oct 2010
Lefake said:
No more "Oniichan"? :(

Yea one thing that i like about the show is Ayumu's fantasy .
Mar 8, 2011 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
That was a lot for a single episode but it was still good, although I would have liked an explanation into what exactly came out of Yuki.

I hope that these last few episodes are action packed with drama.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's worst girl? It's Sera, right?

SwimminglyDone - Mar 26, 2016

12 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Apr 1, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 28, 2011

147 by IfIspeak »»
Jan 31, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MorningGlory - Jan 24, 2011

167 by reachghost117 »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 29, 2011

236 by Muow »»
Jan 24, 2023 12:02 PM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 28, 2011

245 by Muow »»
Jan 24, 2023 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.