Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 9, 2011 6:16 PM

Nov 2010
thefig24 said:
Wow, ouch, nice to see we can all be mature here. I'm just throwing out my opinion on the series, you can agree or disagree all you want. No need to make things personal.

Oops! Sorry sorry! I didn't mean to sound so rude really..DX.. Maybe because I saw a lot of people here who thinks that this episode is a waste of time while I'm on the opposite side. But I do agree that we are all entitled with our own opinions.

thefig24 said:

but if they wanted to improve their work, they would have asked for their peer's opinions, right? It isn't even about asking which work is best. It is the simple concept of saying "Hey, can you give me a fresh pair of eyes". It is like you said, it isn't the action of a perfect person, it is the action of an artist. They should have welcomed the feedback.

I think the primary reason why they can't give any feedback to each other's works is that they have totally different views. Well their mangas are in different genres though. You know like Aoki, she only likes fantasy-like-stories. She wouldn't want to discuss Fukuda's delinquent story since she doesn't like it. It does makes sense that way. Well it's just what I think xD
Mar 11, 2011 9:08 AM
Oct 2009
As far as i'm concerned, i didn't think that episode was useless at all, but i'm getting pretty sick of saikô attitude never being satisfied
Mar 11, 2011 9:09 AM
Oct 2009
As far as i'm concerned, i didn't think that episode was useless at all, but i'm getting pretty sick of saikô attitude never being satisfied
Mar 12, 2011 2:14 AM

Jan 2009
It's kinda sad how the most interesting things in this episode were Eiji's reactions to the names.
And what's sadder, is that I don't have anything more to say about this episode.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 12, 2011 6:46 AM

Oct 2009
Eiji's faces + Fukuda . LOL ! I couldn't stop laughing.

Mashiro really likes to re do his work. Sigh. making it slow paced.

Mar 15, 2011 7:09 PM

Jun 2009
Good stuff, can't wait to see who wins!

...even if I already know from the manga XD
Mar 18, 2011 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
idk..nothing happens in this series.. llol
Mar 21, 2011 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
Haters are gonna be haters always... But one thing is certain dear... To write you need the skills to do so, if not you'll fail to even read your own stuff! You need techniques and traits to hook up your readers.... SO... You need to know how to write, if not you'll likely fail bad

Either way I found this episode to be kinda meaningless in the sense of developing the characters, the "main" ones but expanding their views, but definitely was a useful episode for setting up what's to come next episode.... The battle for the Golden Cup will be harsh for sure... I'm really happy Hattori is confident of Ashirogi, and Niizuma being that honest about the mangas overall... Maybe the raid wasn't successful but it left the editors a good impression of their passion and need and want to win the contest... and maybe the review session was fruitless besides Eiji's opinion but comparing and deducing what your manga be missing is helpful.. And this pushed them to redo some stuff... which is not bad but isn't as good as it could be... the truth is that when it comes to art and writing it's really hard to be happy with your creation... You'll always find flaws here and there and want to correct them... I guess they need to be patient... Well... Let's just see how this turns out... I wanna see Koogy lose!

Oh Nakai Nakai.... No wonder why you're so hated... Stupid lovestruck man.... OLD MAN... dude... please... get a grip of yourself and work on your own... depending on other is not good for you >> <<... But I did crack up with orgasmed face when Aoki put on her glasses. Eiji's reactions were awesome... Loved his reactions for TRAP... so... Seems like he loved it... Me bets that the loser here is Hideout Door

Oh and Miho's performance... Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... she looks really good doing the dance and singing... Plus she's giving out her best and kinda enjoying it... I like it... GO Miho... Make your dream come true! You're doing pretty well... And don't worry... your man won't disappoint ya!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2011 1:21 PM
Jul 2009
Am I the only one who actually really enjoyed this episode? xD
There were quite a few moments where I laughed out loud, and even though there wasn't a lot of progression with the plot... I just enjoyed it a lot. It made me realise just how much I'm loving this anime, I really like the characters.
Mar 25, 2011 12:20 AM

Aug 2008
Well, it looked like that peer review ended up being a complete waste of time, but I think it may actually have helped Ashirogi Muto. At the very least, I think Mashiro has the right idea. He can't relax knowing that he's not good enough to win. Even if he may be tied for first.
Apr 8, 2011 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
Eiji is so hilarious as usual. :)
Apr 15, 2011 3:25 PM
Mar 2010
New Name???? however it seems others will remake name, too.....
I expected this episode was better, but it wasn't bed, first half is hilarous, second half is good, but not excellent.... it remains only three episodes....

next to 23rd ep
May 11, 2012 12:37 AM

Sep 2011
I actually like the song Azuki is singing... maybe I should clean my ears because I heard nothing wrong with it.
Aug 17, 2012 1:30 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, it was enjoyable even though nothing really happened.
They're rewriting the name... I think they might fail with the second name but I guess not.
I'll think that at the end of this season they'll have first place on that cup.
OriginANIME said:
I actually like the song Azuki is singing... maybe I should clean my ears because I heard nothing wrong with it.

Me too, I guess it's because I don't speak Japanese so I don't know what is right and what is wrong.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 17, 2012 8:15 PM

Nov 2011
Eiji is too op! sold 2 million for his manga already! And probably more by now!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 17, 2012 10:50 PM
Jul 2018

Miho is so cute. <3
Glad to see Niizuma like that. I wonder who will get first?
HAHA,look at Fukuda when talking to Aoki. XD Got a scary face.
May 25, 2013 12:58 AM

Jan 2013
The dancing animation was awesome.
Dec 10, 2013 2:01 PM

May 2012
Sharing opinions doesn't work that way... well still a pretty decent episode that ending was pretty solid!
Dec 14, 2013 7:53 AM

May 2013
Good luck ashirogi
Jan 17, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
Fukuda was hilarious when he agreeded with Mashiro xD

That Koogy bastard... I hope he finish last!

I just love Aoki confidence. She don't care about other opinion, she trust her own capability. Nizuma was great during that reunion. My guess is that the two names he believed that would be at equality are Takagi one and Aoki one. I think that Fukuda one is maybe too regular.

That awkward dance at the end was funny.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 18, 2014 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
Hmmm, okay episode I guess. Just wanna see Koogy get beat :P
Apr 26, 2014 3:51 PM

Oct 2011
Azuki's as ugly as ever. Wish we got to see more nizuma
Nov 19, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2013
HollowV2 said:
Azuki's as ugly as ever. Wish we got to see more nizuma

The real truth right here. Miho is so fucking stupid and pointless to this series, I wish she wasn't the main motivator for Mashiro because it's so frustrating. She just went along with the other dancers when they were talking about voting for Koogy. Step up and voice your support for your guy you whore.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Mar 26, 2015 7:38 PM

Jun 2009
May 13, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
Kinda disappointed that the argument with the editors didn't go past the popularity point. I mean, from what we can see and hear about Koogy's manga, it doesn't seem very interesting at all. One would have to question if he was selected for the contest just because he's famous and would attract new readers.
Therefore, i awaited an argument about prioritizing money over quality and all, but it didn't come.

Okay episode nonetheless but definitely slower than the previous ones, and the miho part was useless.
HapHazrDMay 13, 2015 11:58 AM
Nov 28, 2016 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
As I suspected would eventually happen, the ED actually caused my ears to bleed at the end of this episode. Man, that dude can NOT sing!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 18, 2016 7:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Miho, how singer, is horrible xD

Is natural, when you create a song/manga/art, always think that your work is the most important, but the trap of Nizuma is incredible, this trap do that you question yourself work!!!
Feb 4, 2017 5:42 AM

Aug 2014
Nakai's obsession with Aogi is priceless lol.
Aug 12, 2017 12:20 AM

Dec 2015
Damn the editorial board! I like their attitude, and I hope KOOGY fucking loses hardcore!
Dec 14, 2017 6:42 AM

Apr 2015
Heh, Fukuda is more intimidating then he realizes.

"If you don't like it, step down as an entry!" Why is KOOGY allowed to be in the Golden Future Cup?! Bastard's turning it into a dick-sucking contest. I hope his manga's trash. I know his manga's trash. I guess from the editorial department's perspective, having a famous person's manga in Jack will definitely cause more copies to sell than usual.

"It's a story about a boy who meets a fairy and tries to become one himself." ...In Jack? It's certainly unique, but does it really fit in there? Eiji making those spergy noises really gave away his thoughts on all their manga before they started giving opinions.

"But keep in mind that I was told to tone it down and redraw it six times." Fukuda is badass. Better than the bitch with the fairy manga who thinks her work is 10/10 and refuses to help anyone else.

How can Eiji be certain what manga is going to get 1st and 3rd without having read KOOGY's manga?

We all know why those guys were at that event in Akihabara...the singing may not be great, but the outfits and sexy dance moves are top-notch.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 7, 2019 2:20 AM

Mar 2015
Miho looking good in her idol outfit!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 30, 2020 6:29 AM

May 2018
Niizuma sure enjoyed all of the names!! I'm guessing Saiko & Shuujin's team were third

Miho too kawaii
Jan 10, 2021 3:18 PM

Jul 2017
I love how awkward Miho was in that performance at Akihabara where she had to basically be an idol to promote the anime she was in. Saori Hayami did a terrific job in sounding so awkward and quiet during her vocal performance in this, kinda funny since she's the complete opposite for me with her actual real songs.

Otherwise a good episode, not much was accomplished when the contestants for the Golden Future Cup went to the Jump editorial office to confront them about Koogy's entry and usage of his massive platform to rig the polls, but in reality, the answer was already staring them in their faces. Just beat them with your own manga, since if your work is excellent, you'll be selected regardless. Remember, quality/opinions also are a factor for these polls/questionnaires. It was nice seeing them meet up with each other and understand each other's names and get a true glimpse of their competitors' works.
Jan 29, 2021 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
“We’re comrades before rivals, after all.”
Damn Fukada. What a line. 😌
Jul 11, 2021 11:22 PM

Jan 2020
I bet Eiji ranked Aoki's name as the 3rd one since he's probably kind of a guy that doesn't like surreal things....
Jul 11, 2021 11:23 PM

Jan 2020
Aoki probably thought the world is all rainbow and sunshine until Nakai does something to her..........
Oct 19, 2022 9:25 PM

Jan 2020
I feel like Aoki completely ruined the point of that, for a lack of a better term, study circle. It was Fukuda's idea after all, and the guys had no problem with working together on Niizuma's manga when it was just them. I really, really don't care for Aoki. I hope she loses to Colorfusical.

I really wish we could've seen them talking about their storyboards and how to improve them. But, otherwise, another good episode.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 10, 2023 10:03 AM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Sep 3, 2023 7:14 PM
Jul 2017
boring soap opera
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.