Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 28, 2010 4:42 AM

Jul 2009
Didn't like how it ended at all <.<
~by baba <3
Dec 28, 2010 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
Just wait till the Justice diary user turned God from the 4th world comes to sets thing right again.

Till then, the ending could have been worse...much worse.
Dec 28, 2010 5:39 AM
Jul 2008
Ending is way to forced... but nevertheless a happy one with Yukiteru and Yuuno being able to be together and be the gods.
Dec 28, 2010 5:41 AM

Jan 2010
truly WTF moment after all

well anyways i liked it overall besides the ending

and yeah Akise was badass
and so does Minene =D
Dec 28, 2010 5:51 AM
Aug 2009
The last couple of pages were forced and they completely ruined the ending for me. It should've ended with Yukki as God and Yuno in the third world being happy.
Dec 28, 2010 6:28 AM

Mar 2008
While the series has definitely gone weird near the end, the overall ending was fine. Personally was thinking near the end that I was going to be frustrated with the ending if it just ended with Yukki floating around as God. No matter what can't call it a pure happy ending since the whole second world just got obliterated along with the characters we knew. Still the main couple ends up happy which is good in a weird way.

It's been some ride from the first few chapters till now. I'd still say 8/10.
Dec 28, 2010 6:49 AM
Jun 2010
Pretty cool Mangá , it was a pretty cool story of Sad Love , and Happy Love :D
Dec 28, 2010 6:56 AM

Nov 2010
...Honestly what the hell is this? I'm surprised so many people here are complimenting the ending.

Imho, this ending SUCKED. Oh hey, Yuno from the 3rd world was given the 1st's memories... Then the two lived happily ever after.

Are you freaking kidding me? How is that romantic or touching in anyway? I'm sorry, but the 3rd Yuno isn't the same as the 1st Yuno. In technical terms they are, but the two are different beings. It's like my dog dying and my parents buying me a dog that looks exactly the same and acts the same way and me being content with that. It isn't the same.

Not to mention it feels like to be 3rd Yuno just got cheated. It just feels like to me that giving her 1st's memories is basically destroying3rd's existence and replacing it.

And apparently everyone that died are either revived or Yuki just created clones of them. The first destroys the whole conflict of the manga, the latter is the same as replacing 1st Yuno with 3rd Yuno.

Ending: 1/5
Series: 7/10
Dec 28, 2010 8:09 AM

May 2008
I liked the ending....as they said it could be worse! Much worse...but I don't know what to say at the end...

Amazing manga, has generated much talk (at least for me)...final vague but still a good Manga!
I-KeiiDec 28, 2010 8:35 AM
Dec 28, 2010 9:16 AM

Oct 2010
Not exactly a bad ending, but could be better. After marathoning the series today I can safely say that from chapter 52 onwards the whole alternate universes plot kinda screwed up the plot. Still, it was a great series.

8/10
Dec 28, 2010 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
screwed endings are screwed
o_O
Dec 28, 2010 10:22 AM
Dec 2010
Should've ended at the part where Yuno said, "something important". A happy ending doesn't fit this manga. -_-

Also, I feel sad for 1st world Yuno dying even if all her memories were transferred to 3rd world Yuno. :(

Overall, great manga. ^_^
Dec 28, 2010 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
the ending was alright i guess, it could of been better but it could of been worse also.
Dec 28, 2010 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
Zalxoras said:
Not exactly a bad ending, but could be better. After marathoning the series today I can safely say that from chapter 52 onwards the whole alternate universes plot kinda screwed up the plot. Still, it was a great series.

8/10

QFT
Dec 28, 2010 1:09 PM

May 2009
i have mixed feelings with this ending. I for one, was expecting something more... EPIC? yeah, something along the line. But on the other hand, IM SUCH A SUCKER FOR HAPPY ENDINGS. So when i finished reading i just plain loved it, Yuno and Yuki finally back together (even if they arent THE Yuno and Yuki each other want) and seeing Minene with her flying babies was priceless, and i couldnt help but be glad with an ending like that.

yeah, i like happy endings, sue me...
Dec 28, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2010
I lost the plot in the last few chapters, but I'm happy with the ending. Why? Because it's a happy ending and I prefer happy endings over sad ones. Even if it's lulwatrandom. It also fits well with the manga, the plot certainly went all over the place throughout it's run before coming to a conclusion. 5/5

It was definitely an interesting and good read, though in all honesty Yuno was my most important reason to read it, really liked her character. 8/10 as it has many flaws, but was worth every minute of it.
Mogami-kunDec 28, 2010 2:46 PM
Dec 28, 2010 2:43 PM

Dec 2007
Fuck it all, the ending was epic, awesome and satisfying.

10/10!

Hoping to see an anime adaptation in the future and Yuno voiced by Nakahara Mai.
Dec 28, 2010 2:48 PM

Jan 2010
As a whole, the series I think deserves a 7/10 (could go to an 8, but I'll rest @ 7),
The ending however was pretty shitty compared to the series as a whole, I felt as if the manga was going down on a bit of a shit slope just before the ending.
Meh, it wasn't THAT bad though, just felt it could of been better tbh.
Oh well.
Dec 28, 2010 2:58 PM

Oct 2007
and here i was thinking the "happy end" was just an alternate ending... lol. just seemed a little silly so that's what I'm gonna beleive it is.
Dec 28, 2010 3:46 PM

Aug 2008
5/10 for me... i think they focused way to much on the characters at the end instead of the story itself

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Dec 28, 2010 4:08 PM

Feb 2010
HAPPY END

◕ε◕
Dec 28, 2010 6:16 PM

Jun 2009
What the hell was that?... Maybe I'm the only one who actually liked last chapters (I just love Time Travel and Alternate Universes), I even think about previous chapter as the best in all manga, but that... That just.. just... WHAT WAS THAT?!??!??!?!? What with this ending? What did they smoke to make it??.. I can't describe that ending...

But... did it ruined atmosphere of all story? Of course not... It's so good that last chapter have only 36 pages and no more. It's kind of depressing, but very good... I liked it... Everything after 36th page is a fake, it have to be...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Dec 28, 2010 6:51 PM

May 2008
I liked the troll ending.
Yuno looks out of the coffee shop to see Yuki with the other girl and his family, credits start to roll... then BAM! the space time continuum is smashed with a hammer! Everything is good and happy.
Not bad.
8/10
Dec 29, 2010 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
This was probably the best way to end the series. And it was hilarious to see Yuno breaking the space time continuum with a hammer.

Overall a 9 out of 10. Sure it sorta lost steam after the mayor was killed, but it was one hell of a read. And Yuno ranks as one of my favorite manga characters of all time.

I'm going to have some mild withdrawal symptoms due to it ending. What am I gonna read every month now?
Dec 29, 2010 6:26 AM

Nov 2007
The Manga lost indeed a lot of steam at the end but it was still worth reading it. And let's not forget that troll ending. I was seriously disappointed to see that they're going to end it with such a bittersweet bad end but then suddenly: Yuno!

Really a nice read. I'm going to miss this Manga.
8/10
Dec 29, 2010 8:18 AM

Dec 2007
didn't like it.
except for minene and her flying babies.
Dec 29, 2010 8:34 AM

Nov 2010
Didn't liked the ending and I agree with those, who think that the manga lost a of of steam at the end.

Well but overall 8/10 since I read it in one go.
Dec 29, 2010 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
When I started reading this, I guess 25 chapters were released. It was my favorite manga back then. But then, somewhere, the plot started going all crazy and confusing and it also started losing points in my eyes. Like Yuno's personality chancing all the time and Yukki becoming pretty cracked up and whaa ~

But the ending was quite cute. It could have been much better but I guess I'm satisfied with this since I was expecting a lot worse. So this gets 9/10 from me :--)

Anyway, I'm gonna miss this serie. Maybe someday I'll re-read it and undestand everything what I missed now.

Dec 29, 2010 9:24 PM
May 2009
i think the ending was good. This manga killed off every character at least once (even yukki) then in a third world they fix everything so that everyone got what they wanted. 3rd world yukki finds non yandere love. 3rd yuno makes up with her parents and lives a normal life and everyone is happy.

Meanwhile second yukki gets his yandere yuno back and they make a new world. Happy end.

I really think it was great because those last few chapters really built up the relationship between yuki and yuno.
Dec 30, 2010 3:36 AM

Apr 2008
It was a pretty good ending for me .. at the very least its acceptable

Dec 30, 2010 1:41 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
ReaperEXE said:
Rinso said:
Oh, a "deus ex machina" ending.
Indeed. I think I would have preferred a troll ending, or even an ambiguous restart of the Future Diary Game so that there's an infinite loop.

I would have preferred they just left it at the "original" ending and not done the after-credit business.

Still give it a 7/10 (which is a good score for me). I'll miss not reading this, even if the last half-dozen chapters have been kinda WTF.
Dec 30, 2010 4:45 PM

Oct 2010
lolwat
Happy End? In my Mirai Nikki? Bullshit.

Yuki never gave a fuck about Yuno. What is this shit?

Still 8/10 because I never really liked Mirai Nikki anyway. It was always a poor man's Death Note.

I'll miss my monthly dose of Yuno though. ;_;
Dec 30, 2010 8:14 PM

Apr 2009
moogo-ONEESAMAAA said:
lolwat

This is all I have to say about that...
ReaperEXEDec 30, 2010 8:17 PM
Dec 31, 2010 1:16 AM

Oct 2010
Good ending, not the greatest, but good. Glad to see it end on a happy note. Except I do love my unhappy endings sometimes. I just only really felt bad for Akise. I know he technically was created but I still believe he can feel things for himself and it was just sad to see him get a bad ending. He was actually like the only one that got a fucked up ending. And he was my favorite too. . .
Dec 31, 2010 3:31 AM

Jun 2009
Dairy said:
YUNO SMASHED
THE WALL OF
SPACE-TIME WITH
A HAMMER!
Should have just ended it there.

Going to read Hoshi no Samidare now...

Rinso said:
ubergeneral said:
I really think it was great because those last few chapters really built up the relationship between yuki and yuno.
ReaperEXE said:
moogo-ONEESAMAAA said:
lolwat

This is all I have to say about that...
deus sex machina?
DrHouseDec 31, 2010 3:48 AM
Dec 31, 2010 12:08 PM

Feb 2009
The ending just didn't feel right with me, I wish it had ended in a more mysterious way. That was what this manga was about mystery, betrayal, that's what kept me glued. Happy ending doesn't fit at all after all that we've seen.

8/10
Jan 1, 2011 5:30 AM

Feb 2007
I want a slice of life anime about Minene, Nishajima, and their flying babies RIGHT NOW.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that the last chapter continued to make me go, "what is this I don't even" every few pages.

Mirai Nikki gets away with the deus ex machina ending, if only because I was annoyed at Yuki for doing nothing for 10000 years. Seemed like a reset back to how he was at the start. But I guess after 10000 years of no Yuno, no parents, no friends (even if he did recreate the world I assume he couldn't create any of the people he knew), he's suffered long enough.

Have to agree with the majority, the manga lost steam at the end. I said it before, the content was good, the execution was poor. 7/10
Jan 1, 2011 7:51 AM

Dec 2007
(-_-)

^
Is all I have to say about this ending. How can anyone actually be satisfied with this?
Jan 1, 2011 7:49 PM

Jul 2009
Oh my what an ending...7/10
Jan 1, 2011 10:56 PM

May 2009
Chapter 1-50 get's 9/10, while 51-59 gets 6/10. So overall...8/10 ;P
Jan 2, 2011 9:38 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Haha, a good one, definitely a deus ex ending lol.

To me, all this alternate universe and time thing made more sense than a bunch of psychos killing each other. The beginning of the Mirai Nikki was quite boring, honestly speaking. It all became good after 30 chapters or so.

Other than the fact that Yuki is quite stupid and Yuno too broken (mentally). The rest of the cast were quite enjoyable. Dunno why some people found it confusing. It was pretty clear. I mean, what do you expect in a series with people who can read into the people and god dying and shit? Anything can happen. The ending seems just as plausible to me as anything else and good joke by the author. (Deus EX Machina Ending!!!)

1-30 = 7/10
31-50 = 8/10
end = 9/10

So end results matter. 9/10.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 3, 2011 2:55 AM

Oct 2009
epic troll ending is epic.It kinda reminded me of wayne's World. Also we should make a meme of the flying babies.
Jan 3, 2011 3:37 AM

Mar 2010
I hated that ending...They should of just left it there before she magically finds a way to smash to his world....Him hating himself every day forever seems much more fitting for this series than the puking rainbow ending.

Jan 3, 2011 8:04 AM

Feb 2010
AmonDevilman said:
epic troll ending is epic.It kinda reminded me of wayne's World. Also we should make a meme of the flying babies.
Na, this is much better.
Jan 3, 2011 5:13 PM

May 2009
...well I'm a sucker for happy endings so I *kind of* liked it.

but there's still something that bothers me: Why wasn't Yuki declared the winner by the 2nd world's Muru immediately? and didn't the mayor say there wasn't a game in the 3rd world, so how can 3rd Yuno be God??!

It would have made more sense for me if the 1st world's Yuno (the one we all love) didn't die since she was already God so she and 2nd Yuki could live happily in 3rd world as Gods!!!
Jan 3, 2011 9:09 PM
May 2009
_Neeka said:
Good ending, not the greatest, but good. Glad to see it end on a happy note. Except I do love my unhappy endings sometimes. I just only really felt bad for Akise. I know he technically was created but I still believe he can feel things for himself and it was just sad to see him get a bad ending. He was actually like the only one that got a fucked up ending. And he was my favorite too. . .

akise did get a good ending. He always existed before deus "made" him. Since deus can't make a soul tomake akise he had to start with something. In the 3rd world he is normal and it's implyed that he's with 6th.

Also notice how Hinata and Mao are looking at each other? Yuri end comfirmed.
Jan 4, 2011 2:55 PM

Sep 2010
it was a weak ending.

Jan 5, 2011 6:03 AM

Jun 2009
herox3 said:
But then they gave the Biscuit Hammer to Yuno...

lol and I thought I was the only one who immediatly thought of Samidare :D

All in all it was an okay manga. It started really good, but it rapidly went downhill and I had to keep rating this down. Now it got a solid 7...
Too bad, there was so much potential. But the last couple of dozen chapters were just so confusing and sometimes downright ridiculous.

Oh well...
Jan 5, 2011 9:41 PM

Mar 2008
I felt so trolled when Yuno broke into the second world. What in the hell, man?!

But I'm satisfied...I guess. I expected it to end depressingly, though.
Jan 8, 2011 4:28 PM

Oct 2009
ReaperEXE said:
Rinso said:
Indeed. I think I would have preferred a troll ending, or even an ambiguous restart of the Future Diary Game so that there's an infinite loop.

Totally of topic, but if you like such an "infinite loop"- ending, go read After School Nightmare. You'll be pleased.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 53 Discussion

Kingwel - Jun 28, 2010

43 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Feb 21, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 24 Discussion

XorMal - Nov 15, 2008

18 by psyche-K »»
Jan 9, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 17, 2008

13 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:13 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 20 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 17, 2008

8 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Aug 18, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 1 Discussion

ckam - Jul 18, 2010

19 by GabeStudy »»
Jun 23, 2023 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.