Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Nov 18, 2016 6:29 AM

Jun 2016
finished, and just did a rewatch on the entire sora arc (10-12) . 10/10 for episode 10-12, sadly the unnecessary arcs made me rate this 7/10

Sora is now officially my waifu. there I said it
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

Dec 3, 2016 1:41 PM
Dec 2016
Ok so I honestly signed up just to post this theory I have, i won't go too in depth so it's understandable and I'm not rambling, but since I haven't seen any other theory's out there like it I had to...ok so to be completely blunt in my opinion I feel like this entire story is symbolic of a young mans suffering psyche and his attempts to cope with what he perceives as sinful behavior, of course I literally just finished watching the show on a binge run so I could be off but that's besides the point, looking at the story chronologically we can see the prot. falls for his sister and over time gives into his desires only to force his feelings into someone else as he feels loving sora is simply not an option, this in turn leads him to be in all honesty used like some sort of sex toy by the girl whom he had tried to push his feelings onto in order for her to relieve herself of grief, needless to say this would traumatize most anyone especially a child who repressed his feelings for his sister forcing them into someone else and when showing them kindness and attempting to look out for them he in turn is forced into a sexual affair only to have the girl run off without saying anything else...this in turn led him to see love as nothing more than an expression of emotions through sexual interaction and possibly by finding solutions to ones ordeals, which is precisely what we see on full display throughout the series, a young man aiding young women in their life struggles only to establish sexual Intimacy as a reward for his efforts solidifying his emotions...but in reality what I feel is happening is every other "arc" is simply his attempts forcing his feelings for his sister into others by coming up with grande fantasies to feed his twisted and broken view of love that was shaped by his repression and the eventual "assault" he experienced as a result of his efforts...chronologically I think every story is actually his fleeting thoughts as he's drowning in the lake, let me explain...each story ends with fin. cut to black either right after, during, or while reminiscing over having intercourse with his partner for that "arc" before moving onto the next, this is him visualizing alternate realities and paths he wished he had explored and in a sense reliving his life while continuing to push away his feelings for sora till the very end, each arc is actually just him hallucinating the other realities he had considered as "correct" or "right" and displaying his minds attempts to force out his true feelings for sora in exchange for another more "appropriate" outcome, by showing him solving these young women's issues and divulging in his reward or ultimately what he had come to define as love up to that point, starting off with a caregiver representing him seeing his sister as a child to look after, and sympathizing with her struggles ultimately ending in a reflection on their night together before cutting to black as he accepts that's not the reality he wants or even desires, then it moves onto a childhood friend and memories begin to resurface showing the side of him that sees sora as a friend over anything else, as a sister not to take care of but to play with per se and ultimately this "arc" ends with him solving her issues of not being accepted by her family, in this case their own family not accepting their love and having to repress and shun his feelings seeing sora as nothing more than a friend or playmate, this time the story ends in a lighter tone as he lays down expressing his love for her before once more realizing this isn't the fate he truly wants and cutting to black, after this things get very interesting as the final "arc" shows nao and reveals the truth as all of his repressed memories come back and he understands why he behaves the way he does, showing us in part more of the real story and beginning to accept the truth, it shows him finnaly confronting his issues, and seeing why he can't love anyone else, this time instead of engaging with a personification of a friend, or someone to care for, he begins to descend into his troubled psyche accepting his pay isn't all roses and sunshine realizing that he can't just run to someone else and expect everything to be alright as even other women are human and will ultimately use and hurt him, in this arc we focus on sora most of all, as in all the others he realized his relationships would hurt her but he finnaly understands and accepts not only would she be upset or jealous it would traumatize her and possibly tear her away and him from her as well, in this arc he relates to nao not as by shared interest, or as a friend but ultimately as a way to redeem himself and fix the past, as a way to heal old wounds, and ultimately he moves on from random girls accepting the one he loves is right in front of him and has always been there for him, in this "arc" as an old friend but truly as sora...once more all of this culminates in him trying to imagine sora being happy and accepting it, but even so at least in my opinion it all seems staged as if even he can't accept this is a likely outcome, this "arc" ends in him trying one final time in fixing his relationship with nao that he is still troubled over and instead of reminiscing over sex, or being in a loving situation right after he is headfirst In the middle of the act, looking down from above seeing the entire town, (I know this is probably way too deep but in my opinion the festival represents society and his final attempt to appease it by engaging with nao in his best effort as pushing away his feelings for sora as he did when he was younger, ultimately a final display to try and prove to himself he doesn't need sora, he has in this "arc" been accepted by everyone, been saved and redeemed by nao both physically in the form of cpr and figuratively by once more being accepted by the town and society in whole, his friends not only accept but push him into this cafe, and hell even soras happy, everything will be ok he's fixed his problems and ultimately this is the best possible outcome right?) yet in end the story ends there, he doesn't get to move on or start a new life, in fact it cuts off in the middle as he realizes this simply isn't an option no matter how hard he tries and for the last time, cut to black screen and tada fin....this final "arc" reveals the truth to him, we know this because it's the only arc where his pat realizations from the other all manifest and develope in an explanation as he accepts why he did the things he did and that this is truly who he is, no bullshit in the end this is finnaly what he wants and the truth of he is both the good and bad, in this ending we see how things actually went, despite his efforts he couldn't make things work with nao just like last time and when he tried to engage in sexual activity with her, what he had deluded himself into believing defined loving someone he was rejected by the same girl who had made him believe such a concept in the first place, in this reality we finnaly see the depth of the mosquitos and why in every other reality they play a role, as they are ultimately what hurts his sister, the one thing he truly cares about, and blaming himself for her fate (if only he had been with someone else, if only he had tried harder everything would be ok it would all be alright, sora would be safe, and he would wind up with the girl he forced himself to love) in fact the only two "arcs" where we see someone's life in danger are the last two symbolizing in my opinion either his acceptance of death, or realizing that life Isn't the fairy tail he wanted it to be and having to accept he was the only person who could protect sora, and in turn the world was a cruel place that would tear away what we loved, perhaps *gasp* maybe society wasn't right, maybe reality was where he needed to live and stop caring about what others thought or his ideal world, I digress as I said I wouldn't rattle on too much, but in this reality we also see some inconsistencies perhaps symbolic of the fact that not everything makes sense in the world and we just have to accept what were given, this ending is also the most mature as we see he's not by any means a perfect person in fact unlike the other arcs we hear him say he's loved sora for a long time whereas with the others he had to force himself to love them by coming up with grande fantasies about solving all of their issues or in naos case redeeming her past, but with sora, he just had to be there for her and take care of her like he always did, in this arc we see him the happiest and truly accepting his fate, sex isn't some end goal to fantasize over and define the relationship by, but instead a way to express love, and bring people closer together...in this arc we see humanities darker sides, jealousy, respite, guilt, pain, betrayal and more of course, it's the only arc where we see other characters sad at the end, he's unable to make everyone happy but he's ok with that, in this arc he hurts people and everything doesn't end up ok like a fairy tale, in this arc he almost drowns as well, however instead of focusing on how his death would hurt sora and a fantasy about being saved by nao only to laugh it off with some comic relief he almost dies and is too weak to even stand up with sora crying over him, instead of laughing it off he asks if he's alive...in this arc we see him actually doing research on his own time and are shown a world outside of the relationship as he realizes he can't just sit by and let the world decide what happens next he actually has to stand up for what he wants, in this world we see him doubt his feelings unlike any of the others he falters and he realizes he can't just leave sora behind, he can't pretend he doesn't love her, in fact she means everything to him and more...so In the end we see the true ending, he realizes he's not perfect by any means and accepts who he is, what he truly wants, and ultimately has to fight for his life and desires, because in the end sora ran away (a truth we can see both in nao and soras "arcs" as he finnaly begins to accept reality and doesn't live in a dream anymore living his own life instead of imagining what is should be) and he has to find her, others may try and help him but he accepts that in the end it isn't about other people as it is and always has been an issue of him and sora from the very beginning, he chases sora to the lake after we see what really happened and his descent into a darker place where I believe he began to come up with these what if scenarios trying to deny the world around him and pushing away the one moment in his life where was truly happy and able to be himself with sora...he chases after her to the lake and they both drown, he is reborn both physically being saved by Nora and spiritually by accepting who he is, and not running away from the truth anymore, after all this time no matter how hard he tried to lie to himself he has to accept he loves sora and he doesn't care what others think...this time the story ends with fin. But instead of cutting to a black scene and starting anew he accepts this reality and there is an open sky, he's free, and himself....this is of course likely all wrong I just finished the series but I can't help but think of these kind of things, as for some other issues no they didn't die, the bunny of course in my opinion is just there to represent that not everything makes sense, or it symbolizes then moving on and instead of having to hold onto her mother, or essentially family, she will instead look to the man she loves for support, who this time won't leave her but instead be by her side...all of you sora haters out there are quite irritating, sora is human, does that mean she doesn't deserve to be judged hell no, but we see a young woman clinging to one person who she loves but won't have her for reasons she can't accept, force himself onto someone else only to be used as some sort of sexual object as she runs away, then this person becomes detached and removed seeing love not for himself but simply as an objective he is duty bound to reach, their parents die and she has to move to some small town where she doesn't feel comfortable especially living next door to the girl who literally forced herself onto the man sora loves, has to watch him run off with other girls imagining all the outcomes and listen to him talk about them left and right...she is stuck watching the person she loves hurting inside forcing himself away from her and onto others terrified hell hurt himself or leave her, has to watch him get together with the girl she hates for using him in her mind and tearing him away from her...sora has every damn right to be furious and pissed with nao and the world, as far as my theory goes her jealous acts in the first two and third "arcs" are actually just him realizing he chose the one girl who hurt sora the most and that no matter how hard he tried to deny it he knew sora loved him at this point and couldn't accept that she would be ok with it (because he was shocked to find out sora loved him and was incredibly bothered by the fact (and aroused of course) which leads me to believe that since in every arc we see sora watching and being alone jealous of his affairs it must be after he found that out most likely as he was drowning duh), sora is a young girl and very protective of her brother, even he accepts in naos "arc" that the simple idea of him dying (drowning wink wink, that certainly doesn't have any foreshadowing or depth to it wink wink) would traumatize her and lead her to depend on him more and more...we see him realize that sora had to find hope in others (2nd "arc" girl after he had already accepted she wasn't a valid partner for him we only then get to see that her and sora were friends, if that isn't proof of the idea that he's slowly beginning to make realizations of the world around him as the "arcs" progress then I dunno what is ) who admittedly despite their best efforts will ultimately fail her (Popsicle)...people use the fact that sora didn't care what the others thought to call her selfish and to those I simply applaud very slowly and compliment how Ignorant that idea is, if you are in love with a woman or man I suppose and find out that society won't accept you for some pathetic reason such as their 7 years older than you or perhaps too tall, or hell even something as stupid as you have the same hair color (just illustrating how stupid incest taboo is especially in the eyes of this girl and if you disagree with me and think you can't love someone because of something as stupid as being born by the same mother than I doubt you've ever loved someone before and don't realize how ignorant that sounds, or simply lack any self awareness, empathy or sympathy) are you selfish just for wanting to be together with them and trying all the same? She is completely entitled in my mind to go above and beyond as she did, she has every right to be furious that people would tell her who she can and cannot love or even worse say that despite the fact they both love one another can't be together for taboo reasons, on top of that she has also had to see the man she loved broken and torn apart forcing himself into a psychologist corner all because of his feelings by such pathetic ideals and has had to sit back and watch as he ran off with other people being terrified that he would leave her for someone else and she would lose him...I digress I've said way too much and this is very long but that's the basics of my opinions and sentiments on this show, I'd give it a solid 10/10 based on my analysis of the show and its content
Dec 3, 2016 2:37 PM
Dec 2016
Also just a side note the main reason why I truly came to accept this theory as being either implied or outright instituted and not just me overthinking things was the depth of the sora "arc" compared to the others, we see in every other sex scene from all the other arcs it seems to be some sort of exaggeration to be formal, in every sex scene other than soras he takes control and is dominant or it happens in the spur of the moment as if rehearsed and reacted, almost as if it's his fantasies where things work out without a hitch, yet in soras first scene especially we get to see that it's sort of clumsy and awkward while also being a lot more intimate and realistic, especially when he asks how it should work, and both of them saying one another's names, also the way they express their "I love yous" is unique to the two of them as though they truly mean it and regardless to say from personal experience it came out more realistic for me as it wasn't a staged "I love you" and conceding to the fact once more as though rehearsed or inacted instead it came across as though they were simply trying to express their feelings through words yet unable to truly show its depth other than through actions something that when In a relationship becomes clear quite quickly...sex is complained about a lot in this forum and honestly I can see why at first glance I felt the same way but after the first arc when I began to develope my little hypothesis I realized sex in this show is very symbolic just like in real life as expression of love and to me it seemed like it was a show of the repressed feelings felt being displayed onto others from Harus desires for sora, and although it took me a few episodes in to get completely used to it after I did it made much more sense and actually really helped flesh out the series and aided a lot in my analysis on a scale I don't wanna even touch on because it would literally take me a few hours to just go over a thorough analysis of the first episode over text, plus it would demonstrate just how nerdy if not completely over analytical I am when it comes to symbolism ranging from metaphors to illusions from cultural subscripts or perhaps just show off how much of my life has been devoted to psycho analysis and profiling xD...all comments aside I really wanna hear other people's take on my review I think I'm gonna rematch the series later today and make sure I didn't miss anything or just wasn't aware of certain scenes depth, so feel free to tell me if anyone noticed anything pertaining to my ideas obviously both pro and against if I'm going to be completely unbiased, or even simple questions are warmly appreciated since I know I did a shitty job of explaining my thought process and I'm quite sure my previous message was ill formed and looked like something a child would write on its simplicity and generalization
Jan 1, 2017 3:00 AM
Apr 2015
EMChamp said:
SurferDude said:

The whole "death theory" is complete bullshit. Is it REALLY so difficult to accept the fact that IT'S A DIFFERENT RABBIT in the train ? Maybe Haru bought it for Sora as a present to replace the one she tore apart.

I mean SERIOUSLY, what's more likely, a new rabbit or some conspiracy between Akira and Kazuha to hide the twins' death ? Why would they do that ? For what purpose ?
As for how Kazuha got a message from Haru - maybe he got her number before leaving the village. Hell, maybe he got EVERYONE's numbers. Do they have to show every little detail ? Use your brains, people.
Furthermore, none of the characters in the epilogue acted as if their friends had just died. Some might seem upset, but that's surely because of the whole twincest thing that they can't accept.
Also, Sora CAN swim. Just because it wasn't shown in the anime doesn't mean that she can't.
Bottom line: THEY'RE ALIVE.

-It is explicitly stated on the "Yosuga no Sora" wiki page under their character bios that both Haru and Sora do not know how to swim. In fact, earlier in Nao's arc, Haruka almost drowns/dies in the beach scene.

-As for why Kazuha would fake the text message, here is one possibility: Since Nao and Kozue told Haru that they were against their relationship, it may be possible that Kazuha wanted to protect them from believing that they had caused their deaths.

-I think the significance of the rabbit is explained well here:
Krandal said:

The problem with just buying a new rabbit is that it was a memento from her mother (if I remember correctly). Another rabbit that looked the same would hold no sentimental value...

To add to that, Sora's rabbit was nearly burned in Nao's arc. Sora was distraught to the point that Nao rushed into the burning hut, risking her life to save the rabbit. I think this highlights just how important to Sora that rabbit was. I find it hard to believe she could simply replace a memento like that with another.
good explanarion
Jan 1, 2017 3:02 AM
Apr 2015
did haru n sora died in the VN、
Feb 1, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2012
Kainemvhzc said:
did haru n sora died in the VN、

Nope they didn't, story on the VN is pretty much the same, just more detailed.
Feb 12, 2017 1:04 PM
Jun 2016
How did Sora have her rabbit on the train? Wasn't it left torn up in her room?
Feb 16, 2017 9:34 PM

Feb 2014
I feel so much for Nao...

And, it ended a little inconclusive. I mean, we don't know what will happen to all the characters from now on.

PS: And here on this page we have the most huge comment of the animelist's story?
TechOtakuFeb 16, 2017 9:43 PM
Mar 6, 2017 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
I would've really liked to see an arc with the class rep girl, or at least more screen time and involvement with her in the story. Would of made it all the more of an impact when she found Haru and Sora doing it, seeing as we would have a lot more reason to feel for class rep character. Even without this, still amazing.
Mar 30, 2017 5:30 PM

May 2016
DAMN at the first glance I thought they were dead but after I saw the ending I said nah they are not dead, and when I came to the forums and reading the comments am confused af, I will give the possibility of 80% that they are dead, first because that kinda relationship isn't accepted in any where, second the rabbit was torn up and she was holding it in the last scene, third they fall in the depth of the lake and both of them were unconscious.

Well that is my theory.
May 17, 2017 6:27 AM

Nov 2013
Wow...

At first when they were falling into the lake I thought Haru was going to let her drown while he swam back up.. I was about to yell at my computer screen. Although now that I think about it, maybe that would have been a more impactful ending.

It's still a bit confusing as to how they survived that... And how Sora had her teddy bear on the train.

And It was weird seeing all the psychological aspects of their relationship, but at the same time it made it feel more real. This anime was a mindfuck for sure. I'm not even sure what to rate it at this point.

I think I'm gonna have to watch Kiss x Sis after this so I don't feel weird every time I watch incest in the future.

Despite everything I think Sora and Haru were meant for each other and their sex scenes were amazing. Great anime.
May 23, 2017 4:56 PM
Jan 2017
Blarey said:

It's still a bit confusing as to how they survived that... And how Sora had her teddy bear on the train.

Anime was a bit different than Visual Novel. Sora actually can swim and she saved Haru because he unconsciously said to her "help me". As to the teddy bear - in VN she didn't destroy it, I guess in the anime it's mean to be a metaphor of some sort.
Jul 27, 2017 2:58 AM

Jul 2012
First off, the soundtrack for this was amazing!

This series was quite thought-provoking on the incest subject. Each of the characters had a very real view on it, and in the end, you can't stop yourself from falling in love with someone.

As for the ending, I'm sure that they wanted us to interpret it ourselves. I'm on the fence on which theory to believe, but as long as they're both happy where they are, I think that's all that matters :)
Sep 12, 2017 2:37 PM
Sep 2017
Addressing the swimming part, I think it was episode 7 where Nao(?) taught Haruka how to swim. As for the text, the text that was being discussed by the friends at the end brought up some artisan in another country they were presumably both going to go stay with.

As for the ending, I loved it :P , I am glad it worked out for them at least this far. I am sure if the story were to continue they would have more troubles but would (hopefully) overcome.

Aversa said:
This was really a crap ending and also by far the worst arc.
Just at the part where it almost looked like a bad ending they had to make a good ending out of it.
How the hell did they get out of that water if neither of them can't swim?
What would there uncle and aunt way about there relationship, i doubt they would approve of it.
This arc would have been better with a bad ending incest relationships don't work out and will always fail in the end.
And my opinion of Sora went down again and i already thought it hit rock bottom.

About the Anime itself.
It started of pretty good.
I enjoyed both Kuseha and Akira arc and Noa arc was pretty decent.
Sora arc however was bad they purely used the incest to draw in they audience for that arc and didn't really bother with making a good story out of it.
Then again i didn't expect much from Sora arc to start with.
A other thing i am disappointed about is that there wasn't a Kozue arc, as i was really looking forward to that one.
The Motoka story's at the ending of each episode where pretty fun to watch i really likes those.
Sep 12, 2017 2:40 PM
Sep 2017
After the lake scene when they are both laying on the stairs there is a trail of water leading to where they were laying. So I guess Haruku learning to swim in one of the previous episodes was enough for him to save them both.

Raizel said:
DAMN at the first glance I thought they were dead but after I saw the ending I said nah they are not dead, and when I came to the forums and reading the comments am confused af, I will give the possibility of 80% that they are dead, first because that kinda relationship isn't accepted in any where, second the rabbit was torn up and she was holding it in the last scene, third they fall in the depth of the lake and both of them were unconscious.

Well that is my theory.
Sep 29, 2017 8:26 PM

Aug 2015
What a fucking waste of time. This anime was garbage in almost every aspect for me. Good sex scenes and fanservice tho. And for that I give it a 2/10.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Oct 3, 2017 12:31 PM

Aug 2017
This anime was definitely a guilty pleasure one, I quite liked the story and I liked how different each of the story paths became and how they kind of tied together later in the stories. You can tell the Sora arc was the "true ending" as it's probably the most detailed. The show does a really good job at taking the taboo concept of incest and actually make you sympathise for the characters, it's clear that their relationship isn't a standard sibling relationship which is why the two of them are able to accept their feelings for each other.

My personal favourite arc had to be Akira's one, I really liked her character through the anime and I felt her and Haruka had a really good connection in her arc. However I kind of feel the Sora relationship would have been an outcome of any of the other arcs anyway, the fever scene would still probably end up happening leading them to admit their feelings. Maybe Haruka would reject her because he is already dating another girl but Sora's feelings probably wouldn't change or go away.
Oct 9, 2017 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
I'm playing through the Sora route of the VN, and Sora clearly can swim.

https://i.imgur.com/RxCNSUm.png

Early in the route, she even pulls Haruka out of the school pool after Ryouhei pushes him in. She was the only one that knew Haru couldn't swim and she saves him by herself.
Jan 17, 2018 1:59 PM
Sep 2017
Joyce_Steele said:

what you think so? I hope not but either way they would be together
Jan 18, 2018 1:06 AM
Nov 2017
That was a crazy ride. Sora turned from bitch to best girl, Nao was eh but stacked, and Haru put down some impressive pipe.
Jan 24, 2018 3:57 AM

Aug 2016
I finally finished it up since I put on hold since its airing back then. I agree with post above. What a hell of ride.

So this is a VN-style branching story with different ending. Tbh I love this kind of storytelling style. I can get every girl to get her story development and (happy) end. (Though I know they can't be alwas happy end, but put each girl as main character in each unique route is THE BEST, second to harem end.) Reminds me of Amagami and Seiren.

I like every route since it kinda resolve some problem in its story. The least favorite route is Sora's, but still, I can't bring myself to hate it.
I can't agree with incest idea. But as an imaginative fictional story, it's beautiful. Forbidden love blooming while reality against it.

Also actually there's Motoka (the maid) route in VN but I didn't played it. I thought Motoka's short animation at the end of each episode didn't make sense, but there's a story of it.

The music is nice, the artwork is beautiful.

I also somewhat want the prez route. But again, I'm satisfied with this series.

-ventisca-Jan 24, 2018 4:00 AM
Jan 30, 2018 7:18 PM
Jun 2017
Great Finale or shall i say STRONG FINALE!!! Amidst all the negatives that they will hear regarding that type of relationship they have, they still choose each other... !!!
Mar 20, 2018 9:55 AM

Sep 2016
here is my take on this show:
the first 9 episodes are pretty bad harem shlock with visual novel routes as the arcs, obviously with time resets inbetween. the first and last episode of that stretch where pretty ok and akira best girl.
it was still boring af tho, the characters where all bland and im always one for hating a visual novel structure in an anime. its just the wrong medium to present such a structure in. works fine in an interactive video game, but not in an anime.
3/10 for the first 9 episodes.
now the last 3 episodes ramp up the drama quite a bit and the themes get way more interesting. the topic of incest gets illuminated from different angles.
so considering that the finale of the show is quite a bit stronger than the rest of it (and the specials are quite charming aswell), im gonna give the show overall a 6/10.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Apr 11, 2018 1:12 AM

Sep 2017
Good episode, better than the others. I like how Sora didn't mind that the president found out and went back straight into fucking. Also her being naked at the breakfast table.

I hate that Haru slapped her. After all, he is being such a tsundere and denying his own feelings.

I think that the routes before were shit. This is the one true route. But I think that the point of showing all the other routes before this one is to show that in all previous routes, Haru does the job of saving the girls and it doesn't feel real. The Migiwa arc and the Akira arc had the girls having sex with him just because he did them a favor, but never do they do him a favor. Nao having sex with Haru is just shoehorned and the worst part and he just had pity sex with her, just because she felt sad for raping him over the summer break(which she should). This arc showed what was wrong with their relationship and deconstructed them. It also showed how true was the love Sora and Haru had for each other.

6/10. I would have put it higher if the Nao and the Akira arcs were out.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 23, 2018 11:42 AM
Feb 2018
Sora didn't give a damn what anyone thought about the incest (even before it all happened) which did affect Haru since he was aware of the effect it was having before being caught and immediately afterwards too. He was right to call Sora out for her selfish ignorance (the slap was a little harsh) as she didn't see how it was affecting him as well. I know they've been separated before, the parents dying and that incident in her childhood not to mention her dependence on Haru but have some insight to the world around you since I'm amazed Haru was able to think straight at all trying to fix/get out of the relationship with all that stress, fear etc

The suicide attempt did have multiple points behind it plus there were Haru's thoughts being told as well.

All in all it's a happy(?) ending and apparently the canonical one? It was good to hear the friends view of their taboo relationship with both negative & neutral outlooks. I do wonder how they were able to get flights & train journeys with no money to a new place where they can love each other in peace (Heard there was an expansion to the VN where they somehow got married and are expecting a kid. That canon too?)

Can't say I fully enjoyed this series (Incest and all) but if there is anything I can say about Sora it is that she is pretty cute
Oct 23, 2018 9:03 PM
Apr 2018
What a ride. Every arc but Sora's was boring, I only watched those because they are part of the series. Kazu best one though.

As for this, they got a happy ending which is amazing. I was expecting a bit more ecchi but I guess that's why the previous ep was made.

I don't know what else to say: I waited so long for Sora's route and, in the end, it was marvelous.
Nov 9, 2018 7:26 AM
Oct 2018
Would have been way better with more episodes dedicated to sora x haru. I think nao had way to much screen time as well
Still 5/5 but too much nao
Nov 25, 2018 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Do people unironically think they died? I don't see it. Reading the thread all the points to support that have been debunked. Seems to me even from a neutral standpoint that they're alive.

As for the show itself: it could've been so much better. It could've been a masterpiece if they had focused only on Sora. Not saying the other girls should be ignored, but the way they structured this was very poor in my opinion.

The last 3 episodes were absolutely amazing. First episode was very good too. Can't really care about the rest.

Solid 8 just cuz the last 3 episodes were that good.
Jan 23, 2019 1:12 AM
Sep 2018
Does anyone else agree with me that Haru and Sora 100% drowned at the end?

Here's some evidence I've gathered.
1) The stuffed rabbit was seen still ripped up in Sora's bedroom, when their friends visited their house after they supposedly left. Then when you see them on the train in the end, the rabbit is in one piece and with Sora. A rabbit that she keeps as a memento from her mother doesn't seem to be something so easily and quickly replaced

2) The text message the Kazuha got, you can see there wasn't an email address on it, even though she was reading an email. Yes, in Japan it's easier to text through email than sms. why? you may ask. It might just be easier to cope with loss of two friends, if they all just believe they moved away. They said it themselves, Sora and Haru were the glue that kept their circle together. It would have been devastating to suddenly lose people like that. Also when she's reading the text, she looks away in the typical anime trope fashion, signaling to the audience that she's lying.

3) Sora and Haru don't know how to swim. Even if Sora knew how to swim in the VN, it's evident she couldn't in the anime. She started drowning the second she got into the deep end. There also wasn't any scenes in the show that indicated she could swim and Haru told Nao he needed swimming lessons.

4) Sora was the first one to pass out, but was also the first one to be awake after they got back on dry land. pretty much blatantly shows she passed onto the afterlife first

5) Even if Sora even did know how to swim, how exactly would a character frequently described as weak and frail, be able to carry her larger brother out of the water and up some steps when he's fully unconscious? Especially with the fact that when they both started sinking, Sora was powerless to keep them afloat

6) Throughout the season, Haru says that they don't have much money since their parent's died. How are they going to pay for 2 airplane tickets and multiple train rides to get to where they're going. Not to mention they're moving to completely new city.

7) when Haru ask's if they're dead, Sora doesn't answer...instead she makes a sad look
Jan 30, 2019 12:30 PM

Mar 2017
Pretty good episode, but I wish we got to see more of their budding relationship... also Haruka just slapping poor Sora was rough. I am probably the only one who thinks so, but I think a tragic ending where they actually drown together would have been quite poetic and beautiful, too. If it lead up to that a little bit better of course. I legitimately teared up when they were in the lake together...

I really, really liked this anime! It's far from being perfect, but I prefer this more "raw" approach to romance, it somehow feels more authentic than the usual stories. Though the plot itself was quite dumb at times, I have to admit.

7/10 for now, I might adjust it to a 6/10 later... but then again, maybe not. And a 7/10 is really high for me.
Apr 9, 2019 5:39 AM

May 2010
The house is facing east for scenery purpose. They went to the house in the morning search for Haru and Sora because they didn't came back last night but both of them is very likely still around the lake...fapping.

Came back from the lake, they packed (+plushie) and leave the house for Murica. Then...Train scene > Murica > Text. The end.

It's ok I guess, Kaze Koi still superior even it's open ended.
May 11, 2019 3:16 PM
May 2019
The search for Sora constantly kept me on the edge of my seat up to the very end of the lake scene.
It was so satisfying to see them survive and move far away overseas, leaving everything behind them just so they could be together. What I really liked about this was its bitter-sweet sensation. They do find their happiness, at the cost though of abandoning their friends, who seem rather sad about them leaving. The discussion between Nao and Kozue about whether it's only love that is all that matters was also a nice touch, not to mention a fitting way to conclude the arc, leaving the viewer to question what is right or wrong. While I do love episode 11, this is the one that really delivered the most feels and left quite the mark on me. Definitely worth a 5/5.
May 12, 2019 7:13 AM
May 2019
TechnicalMonkey said:
OmegaDenmad said:

But Kazuha was the only one (besides the twins) that had a cellphone; if you remember, Nao only talks through local phone. No characters besides Sora used internet either so mails are out.

Okay, but it still doesn't change that Kazuha and Akira with help of their father can cover-up a controversey like an incestuous lover's suicide by being the only one that can receive that message.

The problem with this is that, even if we assume the twins to be dead, Akira, the most probable person to find the bodies, didn't actually find anything, since she was the one who genuinely asked Kazuha whether there were 'other messages since that one', meaning she would have been entirely oblivious to the twins' fate, completely believing Kazuha's text, whether it was false or not. Also, the email being false doesn't really prove that they died, since Kazuha herself had no way of knowing about the twincest ordeal or whether they'd died or just run away. I think that after surviving, Haru and Sora 'ran away' without really saying goodbye to anyone. They probably let Nao know they were safe, so that she would at least stop searching for them. After all, it's unlikely that a simple text would be enough to relieve Nao of all people, and confirm that the twins were safe, especially since it would have had to be 'sent' minimum after 3 days since their 'disappearance'. Haruka would have informed her in person, which explains why a) by the time Ryohei explained Kazuha's text to her, she had already stopped searching for the twins and was attending school normally, knowing they were safe; and b) she was talking to Kozue about Haru and Sora as if she knew they were alive, explaining that for Haru "the battle had just begun". At that point, since the twins had decided to leave everything behind them, including their friends, just to be together, they wouldn't have tried to contact them or keep in touch (I don't think they could either way, sine their cellphones were fried by the lake's water). Sometimes it's easier just to leave silently than to bid farewell. Kazuha, being the kind person she is, and the only one with a cellphone, would have forged that fake email just to reassure everyone that the twins had arrived safely at their destination, even if it was a lie (kind of), since she had no way of truly knowing.
Jun 17, 2019 5:38 PM
Jun 2019
Man! Too many feelings! My heart is about to BLOW, AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!
Okay, back to being (briefly) serious. Them being dead is definitely more impactful for the arc as a whole, given the theme it deals with; however, them being alive means they get live out their whole life together and face all the challenges society throws at them. It's certainly more difficult than if they went to Alabama heaven and lived their afterlives happily ever after; them being alive feels more satisfying, in other words, and gives me the chance to search for possible fanfictions about how their story progresses (which I'll do, eventually). Either interpretation is perfect...is what I would say if I was still in doubt regarding their fate (which I was until recently) and didn't believe them to be 100% alive, which I now do, courtesy of one of you posters here on MAL (won't say the name though, I'm a runner, not a fighter).
Nov 2, 2019 5:24 PM

Oct 2019
This! This! This!
This is what I've been looking for, without even knowing I was looking for it in the first place!
Koi Kaze may have given me the psychological side of the 'incest', but this arc is what really delivered the feels. At times I completely forgot they were related, thinking 'oh they look so cute as a couple!' or 'I hope they get to be happy together!' No awkwardness or reminder that they were twins. That's how well it was developed! 10/10...for the last arc only. The other ones, excluding Akira's (my favourite arc) to a certain extent, somewhat drag down the show as whole. 7/10 overall.
I know I should technically award Koi Kaze as the winner, due to its higher mark compared to the other shows, but I did say the best incestuous show would win (kinda). That honour, if you can even call it that, goes to the Sora arc. So my review will be on Yosuga no Sora as a whole.
Dec 11, 2019 4:14 PM
Nov 2019
The death theory is cool and all, but since no one who worked on the anime came out and outright addressed it, or said they're dead, it's simply that: a theory. Canonically, them surviving and leaving the village is the ending, like in the other adaptations. The wikis and summaries of the last episode confirm this (for whatever that's worth). But that's the simple and boring answer. It's much more fun to prove that they are alive through logic, analysis and evidence, as others have done. This will only be a massive breakdown, possible through the efforts of those who came before me in analysing the scenes. I simply performed the task of verifying the truthfulness of their analysis, by watching what they had pointed out. Everything they said regarding certain 'details', so to say, was in fact what I verified to be true. When saying something I believe or came up with myself, I'll clarify with the words 'personal take'. I'll be addressing everything through 'points', in a random order. Thus it begins.

The email: a few people believe it's false, given Kazuha's reaction in averting her gaze from Akira. Averting your eyes from someone in anime isn't a trope sorely used to indicate a person is lying. Saturos-001 pointed out the mere action is used in anime to give drama to a scene, in this case emphasising Kazuha's sadness in not having received any other texts. Personal take: I think it isn't just sadness, but also the fact she couldn't bear to stand Akira's look, wether it was because she was lying, or because she couldn't face the disappointment in Akira's eyes, knowing she couldn't give her the good news that the twins had sent her another text, rather than cutting all ties with them. End of the personal take.
As for the email itself, it isn't lacking a from field, as some pointed out. The field is visible in the upper left, as it says 'FROM HARUKA KASUGANO'  with his name written in Japanese. It also has a number on it: just like Haruka's two emails previously received in episode 12 were number 154 and 155, this one is number 114. Of course, it being a real email does not necessarily mean it was from Haruka, as she could have had it sent by someone pretending to be Haruka, meaning it was 'false' regardless. This wouldn't be possible to prove though. Lekkain even pointed out that her faking the email doesn't necessarily mean the twins are dead. Sounds ridiculous, but I'll explain why he thinks this afterwards. Personal take: the problem I always had with the email being a fake, is regarding one particular detail that Saturos-001  pointed out too: why say "we went to live with an artisan who had connections with our parents", when Kazuha simply could have said "Our relatives took us in"; why an artisan of all people? It just so happens that said artisan was also mentioned in the manga, and in the VN too, where the email is definitely from Haruka. Quite the coincidence, if you ask me. End of the personal take.

The conspiracy theory. It goes as follows: assuming the twins did die, Akira would've found the bodies, since she is the Shrine's caretaker, and possibly the only one who ever goes to the lake. After having found them, she would have deceived everyone for their own good, with Kazuha's help, through the fake email. This theory falls apart on its own. Kudos to Lekkain for his keen thinking: as he stated, Akira was the one who asked Kazuha whether there were 'other messages since that one'. Which means she genuinely believed the text to be true and as a result, the twins to be alive. Which also proves that not only was she not a part of the conspiracy, but never found any bodies in the lake, despite being the first and probably only person who could've found anything in the first place. This means that Kazuha, when presumably faking the email, didn't really know the twins' fate. Which is why the email being a fake doesn't actually prove they died, since no bodies were recovered, and Kazuha would have faked the email just to give closure to the whole situation, in case the twins never showed up again, regardless of wether they were dead or not.

Their friends' reaction. Part personal take: Rodrigo Obelisco pointed out something very important, which seemingly goes unnoticed by many. In order for the text to be believed, wether it was a fake or not, three days minimum would have had to pass since their 'disappearance', since the email stated 'we arrived at our destination 3 days later'. Yet by the time the email was received, their friends had already stopped searching for them, since they were attending school normally, as if nothing major had happened. This is especially true for Nao Yorihime, who was also attending school like the rest, and seemed rather unfazed when Ryohei communicated the email to her, as if expecting it and knowing the twins were alive. Had they still been missing, she would have certainly had more of a 'reaction' to that message, so to say, given that minimum 3 days would have passed since the last time she saw them, and she was searching for Sora just as intensely as Haruka was. It is also important to notice that Haruka himself had notified their teacher, as was shown in one scene of episode 12, and likely pretty much everyone he came across, about Sora's disappearance. It is likely to assume that Nao had done the same. Yet by the time the text was received, no one, including Nao, was looking for them. And it has to be remembered that the twins were pretty well known in the small community, given their grandparents' reputation. For a search of them to be called off before having received the email, that is, before the 3 days, there are only 2 possibilities: they were either found dead, or alive. Given the fact that their bodies wouldn't have been found, as mentioned above (and I will go later into detail regarding this), this leaves them having been found alive, or rather, them showing up alive, as the only option. After all, it is highly unlikely that a simple text would have been enough to relieve Nao, their neighbour of all people, that the twins were alive, given that she still would've been searching for them before receiving the email, yet she wasn't. After surviving, Haruka would've notified her personally that both he and Sora were fine, which is why no one was searching for them later on, not even Nao herself, since she already knew they were alive. This is particularly evident in her dialogue with Kozue Kuranaga. She states that "for Haru the battle has just begun" and that she "cannot say for sure that Haru is wrong", lines that, apart from strongly implying she knew for a fact they were alive, wouldn't really makes sense if the twins were dead, especially the first one. What is there to fight for if the two are dead? End of the personal take.

There is much more that has to be addressed, but this is quite a bit to think about already. I will continue later.
KemboboAug 25, 2020 2:18 PM
Dec 12, 2019 5:01 PM
Nov 2019
As promised, I will address everything else.

The empty house and the bunny on the train. Everyone will remember their friends circling around the house and the scene where the famous torn bunny shows up. Fans aware of the death theory will also remember that said bunny (or a different one actually, since they couldn't be the same one) is later seen on the train with Sora. Therefore we have two bunnies: one torn, the other one on the train. This is what pretty much started the whole death theory and its strongest bit of 'evidence' (although I think it's more correct to say 'possible death flag'). Without it, there most likely wouldn't be a theory to begin with. Someone came up with the suggestion that their friends circling the house actually happened when the twins were still at the lake, that is, the following morning, not after they had received the text, as one would think. That would make sure the train scene happened after them searching the house, not before, as we are led to believe. I'm sure you already know where this is going. According to this guy, the torn up bunny and the one on the train are one and the same: after having survived, Haruka and Sora would've gone home and packed up, taking the bunny, which Sora would've sewed back together, with them, which is why it's seen intact on the train. Well, mostly intact, since there are sewing marks on it.
Personal take: I really like this theory. Sora was shown to be sewing (or trying to) a few episodes earlier, so her being able to fix the bunny would count as nice character development. Would also explain why their friends waited three days before going to check the twins' house, by having them check it the following morning rather than 3 days later (I say this assuming the twins never showed up after the lake scene). So that's that. With the bunny dilemma solved, the death theory falls apart, correct?! Not really. As much as I checked, I couldn't find the sewing marks on the bunny. Either there aren't any, or Sora is that good at sewing. The main issue though, is when the house search scene would've happened. Given that they went there as a group, they very likely went to the house after having received the message. They would've wanted to check it out, as they did in the VN and manga, after finding out they had left, not before. If they had gone there before the message, that is, when the twins were still 'missing' (assuming they were, according to the death theory), they wouldn't have gone there as a group, since their efforts would have been better spent searching for them split up, not all together. There's also the fact that the house search scene is shown after the email scene. In other words, as much as I like the theory, the two bunnies are indeed different. End of the personal take.
But is the twins being dead really the only interpretation for the bunny? Not really. A new one could have been bought. As Lekkain pointed out, while it's true that the original held sentimental value to Sora, since it reminded her of the mother, Sora was the one who tore it up in the first place, exactly because it reminded her of her mother, emphasising the bond Haru and Sora shared as siblings, which was ultimately the reason Haruka couldn't accept her as a lover, also because he felt it was a disgrace to their deceased parents. The scene where Haruka rejects Sora gives particular attention to this detail, since at one point they are both shown looking at the bunny as if it was a symbol of their problem being together. A new one, given as a gift from Haruka would either represent their new blooming love, or the fact that they had moved beyond such obstacle (the fact that they were siblings) and had accepted it. Haruka was there when Sora received the gift, and most likely knew where to get another one. That, or Sora just found one via the Internet.
Personal take: while it isn't the first thing that comes to mind, this interpretation is just as valid as the death theory. End of the personal take.
Another guy, Saturos-001 says something really curious: first off, there is no hint that the bunny being on the train signifies they are dead. He sees no connection between the two facts. Why does it being on the train mean they are dead? Second, it actually makes less sense if we consider them dead. Even in death, not only is it just a copy of the real torn up one Akira sees and therefore loses its sentimental value (assuming there was any), it's also useless to Sora since there is no need of a memento of the mom, given that she's going to meet her in heaven, where the train is (presumably) taking her. With that said, the only explanation left is that it's either an editor's mistake, or they just put it there to troll us.
Personal take: I agree that the bunny doesn't necessarily have relevance to the fact they died, it's just one of the possible interpretations fans came up with. My mind tends to automatically think it was an editor's mistake, considering that Sora was almost always drawn with it, so it is plausible and not impossible that it could have been a mistake. The scenes weren't really back to back given that in-between there was that segment where Nao spoke to Kozue. Wouldn't be the first time such mistakes happen in anime (Ash's two Pikachus, anyone? Better still, Zoro and his twin? Or did he get lost so many times he ended up behind himself?). However, that feels like the easy way out, and with no way of knowing for certain, I will consider the bunny as intentionally placed, not necessarily with the interpretation that they died though. Could be they put it there to troll us a little: between the 'make me come' sentence and the 'I wanted Haru's curry' line, I wouldn't be surprised. End of the personal take.
Regarding the house, Lekkain pointed out something very interesting which could be crucial. Everyone spots the bunny Akira sees. What hardly anyone notices is what Nao sees: the futon atop which the twins would sleep together. In an earlier scene, which was the last time anyone was seen in the house after Sora disappeared, Haru being the last one to leave, the futon is shown with both its cushions on each of its corners and the blanket is set so that it covers only half the futon. What Nao sees is a bit different. The blanket covers pretty much the whole futon and there is only one cushion, which is more centered. The only possible explanation here is that someone would've slept on said futon, for it to be placed differently. Who other than the twins could've done so, after surviving the lake?
Personal take: keen-eyed Lekkain strikes again. This could be invaluable proof for only one of the following: 1) the twins survived, went home and slept there before receiving the call from the artisan; 2) Goldilocks inhabits the Yosuga no Sora universe. My money's on Goldilocks. And in case you're thinking it could've been an editor's mistake, be reminded that so could have the bunny. Since I decided to consider that as intentional though, it's only fair that I do the same for the futon. And that's the problem: by considering both of them as intentional, the futon basically proves that the twins survived, since they would have slept there, and the bunny can assume one of its many other interpretations (not that they died in other words). If we consider both of them to be mistakes, that's worse, since, while there is no proof they set foot back home, there is no death theory to begin with either, given that the bunny would've been a mistake.
Another thing I wanted to address personally is concerning Akira. She is the one who sees the torn up bunny. It's through her eyes that we see it too. The scene then cuts to a meditative Akira as she walks back to school with her friends, thinking about what she had seen days ago. This would make me think that the bunny wasn't meant so much for us to see and connect it to the one on the train (which is why my mind thinks the bunny on thr train was a mistake), rather it was meant for Akira to see. Otherwise they wouldn't have shown her pensive face afterwards. What she was thinking though is a mystery. That she could've thought the twins were dead just by seeing Sora's thrashed room and bunny is highly unlikely, since we only made that connection ourselves by seeing the bunny on the train, something she would have never been able to do, despite all her foresight. Since no one except Kozue and Nao knew about the twincest ordeal, Akira could've maybe figured it out by that point, through her keen intuition. She could've also simply been wondering what the hell had happened. I think there's a bit more to it though. What she sees isn't just the bunny in that room, but also Sora's torn up uniform and the box that contained Sora's cross, a gift given from Haruka when they were children, during the festival. A uniform which most likely would've never been used again. A box, memento of the festival gift, which never would have been used again. It was at that point that Akira truly knew the twins were never coming back. That message Kazuha got was indeed their last.
They never bothered to tidy up their grandparents's, their family house, because they were never going to return there anyway. The empty house and Sora's room are a good example of this. So is the bunny: it being torn indicates the severed connection between the twins and their mother, therefore of their bond as siblings, since they were now lovers. They were running from everything and everyone (including their own family, since their relatives were coming to get them, another plot hole if we consider then dead) just to be together. The bunny itself being torn might also indicate Sora's status as 'a person that simply lived with Haruka as a doll' being terminated. But that last part was just my own interpretation. Could also that they added the bunny on the train on purpose, just to confuse us a little, make things vaguer. After all, the anime's goal was to promote the Visual Novel, so making the ending a bit more vague, not ambiguous though, would've prompted confused or curious viewers (such as myself) to see what fate truly awaited the twins, by having us check the VN. It definitely worked in my case. End of the personal take.

There is still something left that I need to address, but this is quite enough for now. I'll continue this later. Next up is 'why even if we assume them to be dead, no bodies would have been found'.
Dec 13, 2019 4:19 PM
Nov 2019
Now I shall address why, even if we do assume the twins to be dead, no one would have found their bodies, meaning they would still be missing, their fate never to be known by any of the villagers. Starting with their friends.

Akira Amatsume: it's already been established that she believed the text to be true, therefore the twins to be alive. Logically speaking, this means she wouldn't have found them dead, despite practically living there. This brings up the problem that whoever would have found the bodies would've had to do so sneaking past her and making sure she found nothing about it.

Kozue Kuranaga: she is out of the question. "Do you really think they can be happy together?" is not a question you ask regarding someone who's dead. While she is different than her VN and Manga counterparts in dealing with the twincest ordeal, she no doubt would've been devastated in finding out they were dead, and would've most likely felt responsible for what happened. In the death theory, the whole idea of their friends hiding the twins' death is so that Kozue wouldn't find out and feel guilty. The Kozue we see still thinks the twins are alive and in the wrong by the end of the show. There's also the issue that she wasn't there when Akira's 'lake of Rebirth' speech was given. The whole reason Haruka found Sora was thanks to that speech, as shown in his flashback before heading to the lake. The others who were present were Sora, Nao and Ryohei.

Kazuha Migiwa: partially the same reason as Kozue, she wasn't there during the lake speech and would've never figured out where Sora disappeared to, like Haruka did. And this is very important, since according to the 'death theory', she is aware that the twins are dead, reason why she would've faked the email.

Ryohei Nakazato: his sentence to Akira "Just the two of them, living overseas, huh?" seems to suggest he also would've been unaware. Besides, no offence to him, but it's Ryohei, can you actually imagine him figuring out not only Sora's whereabouts, but also how to hide the bodies from Akira?

Nao Yorihime: she is the more interesting case. She heard the speech and was aware of the twincest ordeal, so she could've connected the dots like Haruka did and headed to the lake from there. She wouldn't have necessarily found them dead though, as the omake ending spoils her saving them from drowning, but we'll get to that later. The problem with Nao finding them is that she would've had to beat Akira to it. Nao's last words to Haruka were 'I'll try other places, like Ryohei's house'. That detour would've delayed her from getting there sooner. Akira on the other hand was alerted to someone's presence the moment Haruka touched her gate. Since it has already been proven that Akira would've been completely unaware of their death, in order for Nao to find any corpses without Akira noticing, she would have had to elude her, find the bodies, hide them so that Akira wouldn't find them, backtrack to Kazuha (since cellphones weren't really a thing in that village, only Kazuha and the twins possessed them), ask for her help in disposing of the corpses and have her fake the message. Does this seem plausible to you? She would've then had to put on an act with Kozue. Would she really be able to say something like "That's why I believe they can be happy together" while smiling, yet knowing they are dead? She would've been the most devastated out of all of them. Knowing Nao's character, kind to a fault, to the point where she'd wish the guy who cheated on her with his sister a happy life, I doubt she would've given Kazuha the burden of tricking her friends either. She more likely would've just kept it hidden from everyone, Kazuha included, and dealt with the matter herself. Again, the only one who could've found them was Akira. She lived there, knew those grounds better than anyone, and if they had been searching for them, the shrine's area would've been hers to patrol. Yet she never found anything.

Any random villager: definitely not. Apart from the 'eluding Akira' problem, if they had found out the twins died, the whole village would've known about. Rumours spread quickly, especially in a small town All of the twins' friends would know of their death, yet none of them did. The only way the death theory can not fall apart completely is, ironically, if no bodies were found in the first place. Meaning Kazuha would've indeed faked the email without actually knowing what had happened to them, as Lekkain had intelligently predicted. A lot of supporters of the death theory mention Kazuha being able to cover up their deaths through her wealth. Problem is, how do you cover up something you don't even know about? How is one text enough to convince everyone, including their neighbour, Nao, that was looking for them, that they are alive and well, especially if said text arrived 3 days after the twins' 'disappearance'? How exactly would their deaths had legally been taken care of if nobody knew of said deaths in the first place? Just more plot holes the death theory fails to address.

I will continue later on.
Dec 14, 2019 6:09 PM
Nov 2019
Almost there, bear with me a little more.

The train scene. Out of a dark tunnel, into the deep blue sky...a beautiful image of them going to the afterlife, right? Maybe not so much.
Many think this scene is a metaphor of them reaching the afterlife, due to the bunny, the fact that you can only see clouds, and that this mimics the start of the anime too perfectly. Bunny aside, since we've already addressed it, Saturos-001 points out that us seeing only clouds is due to camera angling, nothing more. Wouldn't be the first time it happens in anime. When the shot is taken from above, a roadbed is visible, so the train isn't exactly floating to heaven. He doubts the rail tracks to heaven would even have tunnels. Are there mountains in the afterlife too? Lekkain adds to this the fact they are carrying a brown suitcase with them, something they wouldn't really need in the afterlife, would they? Where would they have gotten it anyway? What would have they been able to put in it if they were dead? Did it just materialize there for no reason? Saturos-001 also wonders where they got the Pochi box. A holy vending machine, perhaps? Personal take: regarding the camera angling issue...Saturos is right, this wouldn't be the first time in anime only clouds are visible. In this anime no less, I might add. A few scenes of its opening come to mind: the first one where Sora is staring out of the Window, all that can be seen are clouds. The real kicker though? That beautiful scene were Haruka is peddling with Sora behind him. What's in the background? Only clouds and the sky! The other example, perhaps more fittingly, concerns the very first scene of the anime. When the train heading to the Okukozome gets out of the tunnel, all you can see around it are clouds and the sky, as if it was drifting through them. Yet I'm pretty sure they weren't dead while heading to the village, wouldn't you agree? And trust me, there are other examples that I'd rather not mention now, we've been here long enough. This would make you think the background consisting of only clouds isn't so much a symbolic choice in the case of the train scene, rather a stylistic one. The final scene of the VN gives quite an important meaning to the sky, as in, no matter how far from each other they may be, Haru and Sora will always be connected by that same sky (hence the title 'Yosuga no Sora' 'Sky of Connection'). The name of the last episode, as Saturos-001 reminds us, is simply a play on their names (Haruka na Sora), like the name of all the other episodes. Perhaps a reference to the sequel fan disk that continued where the VN left off? The 'faraway sky' in this case is that of the country where their parents' acquaintance lives. The same name is also used for the last chapter of the manga, where they also survive. Another thing I'd like to personally add is that in the train scene, both Haru and Sora are casting shadows, in other words their bodies block the light's rays, proof that they still have their bodies and aren't just wondering souls on a train. Curiously, they are also wearing different clothes to those of the lake scene. How would have they changed clothes if they were dead? The clothes are also different to those of the initial train scene at the beginning of the anime. As are the train itself, and the luggage they are carrying. So the final train scene doesn't exactly copy the first one, rather it functions as a BookEnd, as Saturos-001 pointed out. Occasionally used, they are mirroring final scenes of usually the first ones, which highlight important changes. In this case, the twins arrived at Okukozome as siblings, but left it as lovers. Coincidentally, they just happen to be wearing the exact same clothes and carrying the same brown suitcase with which they left the village in the Visual Novel, where they also survive the lake. What are the odds, I wonder?
All in all, a pretty standard-looking train scene, which doesn't present any surreal elements to it.

The fact that they were out of money. I'll address this briefly: while it's true that they could have had help from their relatives, or had enough money to afford a few busses or trains, in both the VN and manga, their parents' acquaintance, the artisan, paid the fees for the trip. The artisan in the anime would have done the same, especially for the plane ticket.

People think that the strongest bit of evidence of them being alive is the text. I strongly disagree however, and what comes next is stronger than anything read so far in proving they are alive. Save the best for last, right? Until next time though.
Dec 15, 2019 5:10 PM
Nov 2019
Time to end this.

The lake scene. This is by far the strongest proof that they are alive. Perhaps the only thing worth calling proof. The moment we see them lying on those stairs defines the twins Haruka and Sora as still being alive. Few possibilities have been given to justify the death theory: that it was either their afterlife, or a dying hallucination, or that they were reborn in another world/reality/you name it. Some, noticing that it couldn't be either of these, since they were proven not to be the case, even tried to call it a recreated reality just to keep the death theory intact. One step at a time though.
How do you prove something is a dying hallucination? More importantly, how do you prove it isn't? Saturos-001 was apparently able to answer the second question. There were certain details in that scene that wouldn't be possible for a hallucination. For starters, Sora wouldn't have been able to notice Haruka's bruise on his left knee, the one he got moments earlier when falling off his bike, or his barely visible belt. Yet both these elements are present on Haruka when the two are confessing their love to one another. It couldn't have been Sora hallucinating. Was it Haruka then? Not even. The steps they were lying on were covered by the forest and could not be seen from were Haruka entered the lake. He wouldn't have been able to hallucinate being on them in the first place. Personal take: there's also another issue that came to my mind and that Saturos-001 addressed too. It being a hallucination would mean one of the twins was a fake, projected by the mind of the other. In other words, the confession wouldn't be worth anything. Coincidentally however, we see both of them on the train together, and we know they solved all the issues between them. Which is, what do you know, the same thing that happened during the lake scene. In other words, the lake scene was a moment shared between the two of them, not exclusive to only one of them, all the more reason why it couldn't be a dying hallucination. End of the personal take.
Then it had to be their afterlife! Easy to prove it wasn't. Lekkain once again studies the scene carefully. Not only are they wearing the same clothes, Haruka also still has that bruise mentioned before. Most importantly though, they are both wet (Haruka even says this to Sora), a reminder that they were in the lake not too long ago. The devs even went the extra mile and drew water drops on their faces. It doesn't get more obvious than that. Oh wait, it actually does... the real proof that they did get out of there though, as if them being wet wasn't enough?
The camera shot taken from above. It shows a trail of water leading from the direction of the lake's surface to where the twins are lying. Once you see it, it's pretty obvious what it is. The water marks of someone being dragged, that someone being Haruka. People still struggle to believe them getting out of the lake was a possibility. As Saturos-001 said however, it isn't important HOW they survived, fact is they DID survive. And the trail of water proves this. As for how, much has been speculated. Maybe Sora saved them both as she did in both the VN and Manga. Nowhere does the anime prove she cannot swim. In fact Lekkain was able to point out that before Haruka dove towards her, she was floating just fine. It's when he started hindering her that they both started sinking. Once he was done wailing, Sora would've been able to save him (add in adrenaline rush in a desperate situation), like she did in both other adaptations. She hadn't passed out, given that her eyes were still half-open. She even tilted her head slightly when looking at Haruka while they were sinking. Personal take: I'd like to add that she was lying on top of Haruka, besides him to his left, a possible hint that she could've been the one to drag him. End of the personal take. Another possibility is that Akira could've saved them. She had been alerted to someone's presence and in episode 1 she was able to lift 4 grocery bags with ease. Many people bet their money on Nao. You don't get to be swimming team captain for nothing. That, and the omake ending spoils it. Putting how they survived aside though, the water trail proves it wasn't their afterlife. For the same reason they couldn't have been reborn. And the recreated reality bit is just as bad as suggesting that Akira was remembering badly and saw a torn bunny where there wasn't one. It's basically grasping at straws. Maybe that was a recreated reality in her mind? As was the whole arc. Personal take: why fool them with a recreated reality? And who would've fooled them? Why go through all the details of trail of water, wet twins...even going as far as adding small droplets of water on their hair and face? This scene is truly definitive proof that they survived the lake. End of personal take.
Fans also noted that Sora never answered Haruka's question on wether they were alive are dead. Saturos-001 proves his cunning as a philosophy teacher once again. Haruka's was never a question to begin with. He did not ask 'Are we alive/dead?'. He stated 'We're alive, right?", as if to reassure her that they were indeed alive. The tone with which he said it, the way he smiled as he said it, the way Sora silently smiled back at him, as if she was happy to have him reassuring her of such a thing. It all leads to the sentence being more of a reassurance than a question. Personal take: I can confirm that in the VN this form of speech (question, right?) was used occasionally, with the answer not necessarily being given, because it was a granted one. Example:  "As long as it's edible, right?" This sentence uttered by Ryohei was never answered, mainly because the answer is in of itself inside Ryohei's presumed question. The lake scene itself is also way too similar to that of the VN. In the VN, they almost drown, are saved, they confess their love, they have sex. In the anime, the scene is almost the exact same, minus the runtime and shorter dialogue due to episode time constraints, and, unlike in the VN, the sex scene isn't explicitly show (I'm glad they cut it out), but is outright hinted to have happened when they are hugging each other half naked (another riminder they still have their bodies). End of the personal take.

As a finale, I'll address the plot holes left by either take on the ending.

Plot holes of them living:
-the bunny
and that's it. No, seriously, just a bunny. And only if we consider it's most popular interpretation, that it is related to their death, since other interpretations were given. You know that personally I think it was an editor's mistake for the reasons I mentioned before, but for fairness I won't consider it as such, since it would pretty much take down the whole death theory (and what fun would that be?)
The fact that only Haru and Sora are ever seen together after the lake scene, without having interacted with anyone, might have been a plot hole hadn't it been for the fact that the same happened in the VN: not showing them interact with anyone doesn't mean they did not. In fact, their friends' reactions would suggest otherwise.

Plot holes left if we consider them dead:

-the lake scene:if it wasn't legit then what was it? Afterlife, Rebirth, hallucination and recreated reality are out of the picture. What else could it be if not them surviving?

-who found the bodies: definitely not Akira, I can tell you that much. And she was perhaps the only who could've done so. Then who did? Were there maybe no bodies to find in the first place?

-Nao's reactions and dialogue: they speak for themselves, it is strongly hinted through her dialogue that she knows them to be alive. 'The fight for Haru has just begun'. Except it hasn't, cuz he's dead?

-the futon in the house: did the blanket and cushions magically move or did someone just decide to sleep there after almost dying? You cannot prove Goldilocks inhabits this universe.

-the fact that no one was searching for them before the text: what, did they just give up and think 'ah, they're probably fine'? Especially true in Nao's case.

-the text being not only real and legitimately a normal email, but it also being detailed and similar to that of the VN: both texts (or all 3 if we consider the manga) did mention an acquaintance of their parents: the artisan. Quite the coincidence, wouldn't you agree?

-the train scene: between the fact they still have physical bodies, have changed clothes, are eating Pochi and even have a suitcase with them, I don't know what's worse. Probably the suitcase, since they wouldn't need it if they were going to heaven. Oh, and the clothes and suitcase are the same of when they left the town (alive), in the VN. What are the odds?!

-Haruka's dialogue: a bit of a nitpick, but what would the point of his speech to Sora be. 'I don't care what others think', 'let's search for a path together'. Except it doesn't matter anymore, you're dead?
-Sora's one line: 'I thought I had lost you!' Implying like in the other adaptations, that despite having saved him, she thought she might have been too late already.

-The twin's relatives: they were coming to get them, as Haruka had confirmed to them before Sora disappeared. What would've happened to them had the twins actually died.

Final verdict: Haru and Sora are alive.

The end. Case closed. Sorry, I just felt like saying that.

Overall, a straightforward ending. And an expected one at that. I know I could've just jumped straight to the lake scene explanation and solved everything there, since it basically proves them to be alive, but where would've the fun in that be? The long road is sometimes the funnest one...kudos again to Lekkain and Saturos-001 for finding all the proof. Without them, a general debunking of the theory would've been impossible.
Jan 2, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2018
Well, I'm glad that Kozue and Nao didn't decide to stay in their way, but rather left for Sora and Haru to choose by themselves, what to do..
Haru is a bit broken, though.. Well, some could say that Sora is broken in a way, but I wouldn't really agree.. She indeed looks happy.. Haru is very anxious about things, though..
Damn, Haru really can turn into abusive man.. He's like Makoto from School Days, in the way, in his worry.. He can do pretty much everything stressed in this situation, and it with more possibility will be hurting others, hurting Sora..
But well.. It's better, if they figure out things now, I guess.. Than later.. If it indeed would be figuring out, not some shit.. It can go either way, really.. Producers will choose some kind of development, but really it could have gone really any any way, maybe it even did in VN, with multiple endings..
Wait.. Are we going for double suicide or something?..
I like that Nao is understanding in the end..
It was a good anime.. Both depressing and funny.. I feel that I started to care more for all characters, and satisfied that all had their story, made me worried about them.. I feel fulfilled after this anime, it's quite nice that I watched it, and I think that I'll still think about characters for some time, and will even read about them some more, maybe.. Overall, a nice watch.. ;p
Also, I have some feelings that they're either dead, or something.. Just too many things.. And it seems that not only I have this feeling.. I wouldn't really say that their wetness or anything really shows anything that they're alive, they really can just imagine whatever in afterlife.. Maybe they wanted to imagine at first that they're still alive, that their love helped them get through.. And only then after some time accepted their death.. Or maybe they didn't at all, and created scenario as if they just decided to travel away from everyone, this way running from painful thought that others found them dead.. Maybe something else.. But ending indeed feels very strange.. I might want to read and think more about it.. Maybe I personally will think that they actually died.. And created a reality, where they ran away, in their afterdeath.. But reality of their death is leaking - in form of 2 bunnies, and sky is really low in the windows of train.. And other scenes are a bit changed from reality.. Like friends can gather after their death.. But some words they say are truth, how it really is, and some are distorted by their own afterlife reality.. That's what I personally will think.. In the end we see distorted reality of afterlife, which both still observes reality of alive, and creates something for the dead ones sake.. That's not the first time anime is playing with fantasies.. Until at least they're able to accept reality as it is.. Or do things they didn't have time to do.. Spend time together as lovers.. Or something like that.. That's how I see it..
Jan 4, 2020 4:43 AM

Aug 2018
That's not what I said, lol.. ;p Perhaps you tried quoting someone else.. ;p
Jan 4, 2020 5:18 AM
Jan 2020
Gendolfas said:

You right, I just realise I fuck up. I want quote comment above you. Quote you instead, because comment right below. Mistake. This is embarrassing. Sorry, I now delete.
Jan 4, 2020 5:23 AM
Jan 2020
Kembobo said:
Time to end this.

The lake scene. This is by far the strongest proof that they are alive. Perhaps the only thing worth calling proof. The moment we see them lying on those stairs defines the twins Haruka and Sora as still being alive. Few possibilities have been given to justify the death theory: that it was either their afterlife, or a dying hallucination, or that they were reborn in another world/reality/you name it. Some, noticing that it couldn't be either of these, since they were proven not to be the case, even tried to call it a recreated reality just to keep the death theory intact. One step at a time though.
How do you prove something is a dying hallucination? More importantly, how do you prove it isn't? Saturos-001 was apparently able to answer the second question. There were certain details in that scene that wouldn't be possible for a hallucination. For starters, Sora wouldn't have been able to notice Haruka's bruise on his left knee, the one he got moments earlier when falling off his bike, or his barely visible belt. Yet both these elements are present on Haruka when the two are confessing their love to one another. It couldn't have been Sora hallucinating. Was it Haruka then? Not even. The steps they were lying on were covered by the forest and could not be seen from were Haruka entered the lake. He wouldn't have been able to hallucinate being on them in the first place. Personal take: there's also another issue that came to my mind and that Saturos-001 addressed too. It being a hallucination would mean one of the twins was a fake, projected by the mind of the other. In other words, the confession wouldn't be worth anything. Coincidentally however, we see both of them on the train together, and we know they solved all the issues between them. Which is, what do you know, the same thing that happened during the lake scene. In other words, the lake scene was a moment shared between the two of them, not exclusive to only one of them, all the more reason why it couldn't be a dying hallucination. End of the personal take.
Then it had to be their afterlife! Easy to prove it wasn't. Lekkain once again studies the scene carefully. Not only are they wearing the same clothes, Haruka also still has that bruise mentioned before. Most importantly though, they are both wet (Haruka even says this to Sora), a reminder that they were in the lake not too long ago. The devs even went the extra mile and drew water drops on their faces. It doesn't get more obvious than that. Oh wait, it actually does... the real proof that they did get out of there though, as if them being wet wasn't enough?
The camera shot taken from above. It shows a trail of water leading from the direction of the lake's surface to where the twins are lying. Once you see it, it's pretty obvious what it is. The water marks of someone being dragged, that someone being Haruka. People still struggle to believe them getting out of the lake was a possibility. As Saturos-001 said however, it isn't important HOW they survived, fact is they DID survive. And the trail of water proves this. As for how, much has been speculated. Maybe Sora saved them both as she did in both the VN and Manga. Nowhere does the anime prove she cannot swim. In fact Lekkain was able to point out that before Haruka dove towards her, she was floating just fine. It's when he started hindering her that they both started sinking. Once he was done wailing, Sora would've been able to save him (add in adrenaline rush in a desperate situation), like she did in both other adaptations. She hadn't passed out, given that her eyes were still half-open. She even tilted her head slightly when looking at Haruka while they were sinking. Personal take: I'd like to add that she was lying on top of Haruka, besides him to his left, a possible hint that she could've been the one to drag him. End of the personal take. Another possibility is that Akira could've saved them. She had been alerted to someone's presence and in episode 1 she was able to lift 4 grocery bags with ease. Many people bet their money on Nao. You don't get to be swimming team captain for nothing. That, and the omake ending spoils it. Putting how they survived aside though, the water trail proves it wasn't their afterlife. For the same reason they couldn't have been reborn. And the recreated reality bit is just as bad as suggesting that Akira was remembering badly and saw a torn bunny where there wasn't one. It's basically grasping at straws. Maybe that was a recreated reality in her mind? As was the whole arc. Personal take: why fool them with a recreated reality? And who would've fooled them? Why go through all the details of trail of water, wet twins...even going as far as adding small droplets of water on their hair and face? This scene is truly definitive proof that they survived the lake. End of personal take.
Fans also noted that Sora never answered Haruka's question on wether they were alive are dead. Saturos-001 proves his cunning as a philosophy teacher once again. Haruka's was never a question to begin with. He did not ask 'Are we alive/dead?'. He stated 'We're alive, right?", as if to reassure her that they were indeed alive. The tone with which he said it, the way he smiled as he said it, the way Sora silently smiled back at him, as if she was happy to have him reassuring her of such a thing. It all leads to the sentence being more of a reassurance than a question. Personal take: I can confirm that in the VN this form of speech (question, right?) was used occasionally, with the answer not necessarily being given, because it was a granted one. Example:  "As long as it's edible, right?" This sentence uttered by Ryohei was never answered, mainly because the answer is in of itself inside Ryohei's presumed question. The lake scene itself is also way too similar to that of the VN. In the VN, they almost drown, are saved, they confess their love, they have sex. In the anime, the scene is almost the exact same, minus the runtime and shorter dialogue due to episode time constraints, and, unlike in the VN, the sex scene isn't explicitly show (I'm glad they cut it out), but is outright hinted to have happened when they are hugging each other half naked (another riminder they still have their bodies). End of the personal take.

As a finale, I'll address the plot holes left by either take on the ending.

Plot holes of them living:
-the bunny
and that's it. No, seriously, just a bunny. And only if we consider it's most popular interpretation, that it is related to their death, since other interpretations were given. You know that personally I think it was an editor's mistake for the reasons I mentioned before, but for fairness I won't consider it as such, since it would pretty much take down the whole death theory (and what fun would that be?)
The fact that only Haru and Sora are ever seen together after the lake scene, without having interacted with anyone, might have been a plot hole hadn't it been for the fact that the same happened in the VN: not showing them interact with anyone doesn't mean they did not. In fact, their friends' reactions would suggest otherwise.

Plot holes left if we consider them dead:

-the lake scene:if it wasn't legit then what was it? Afterlife, Rebirth, hallucination and recreated reality are out of the picture. What else could it be if not them surviving?

-who found the bodies: definitely not Akira, I can tell you that much. And she was perhaps the only who could've done so. Then who did? Were there maybe no bodies to find in the first place?

-Nao's reactions and dialogue: they speak for themselves, it is strongly hinted through her dialogue that she knows them to be alive. 'The fight for Haru has just begun'. Except it hasn't, cuz he's dead?

-the futon in the house: did the blanket and cushions magically move or did someone just decide to sleep there after almost dying? You cannot prove Goldilocks inhabits this universe.

-the fact that no one was searching for them before the text: what, did they just give up and think 'ah, they're probably fine'? Especially true in Nao's case.

-the text being not only real and legitimately a normal email, but it also being detailed and similar to that of the VN: both texts (or all 3 if we consider the manga) did mention an acquaintance of their parents: the artisan. Quite the coincidence, wouldn't you agree?

-the train scene: between the fact they still have physical bodies, have changed clothes, are eating Pochi and even have a suitcase with them, I don't know what's worse. Probably the suitcase, since they wouldn't need it if they were going to heaven. Oh, and the clothes and suitcase are the same of when they left the town (alive), in the VN. What are the odds?!

-Haruka's dialogue: a bit of a nitpick, but what would the point of his speech to Sora be. 'I don't care what others think', 'let's search for a path together'. Except it doesn't matter anymore, you're dead?
-Sora's one line: 'I thought I had lost you!' Implying like in the other adaptations, that despite having saved him, she thought she might have been too late already.

-The twin's relatives: they were coming to get them, as Haruka had confirmed to them before Sora disappeared. What would've happened to them had the twins actually died.

Final verdict: Haru and Sora are alive.

The end. Case closed. Sorry, I just felt like saying that.

Overall, a straightforward ending. And an expected one at that. I know I could've just jumped straight to the lake scene explanation and solved everything there, since it basically proves them to be alive, but where would've the fun in that be? The long road is sometimes the funnest one...kudos again to Lekkain and Saturos-001 for finding all the proof. Without them, a general debunking of the theory would've been impossible.

This time I get right guy, I'm sure. People talk on you everywhere and say you break death theory on this anime and I search everywhere to try find you. I finally find you. I not understand if them dead or alive so I look but not happy with what I find. Nothing precise, speculation only. Either "bunny proves them dead" or "text proves them alive". That it. Nothing precise. You make me happy with what I find. You give best explanation on ending. Very long 5 comments but precise, you prove Haru and Sora are alive, you only one take everything into consideration, including VN. I only join Mal to thank you directly. Thank you for proving they survive, I finally stop looking. Sorry, my English is very terrible. I understand English very well, but write and speak like shit. Thank you again.
Jan 4, 2020 5:31 AM
Jan 2020
Gendolfas said:

Off topic, but I curious and check your profile. You give this anime 10. This anime treated like shit most time. Good that someone show love and appreciate this anime! Okay, I'm done.
Jan 4, 2020 5:45 AM

Aug 2018
Well, it's alright, it happens, especially at new places.. ;p
Well, I just have no problems myself with this anime.. Really, I imagine, most incest shows get hate just because they have incest.. Fair enough, people can dislike, what they wanna.. But why really watch it in first place, though, I just ignore genres I don't personally like.. ;p But, eh, whatever, I guess, some people don't really recognize fast that it's about incest, especially if it's not their genre..
I myself am content with this anime.. All girls had their arcs, only one didn't, but in 12 episodes anime it's understandable.. Anime had both dramatic and wholesome moments, I also won't say that I got bored by ecchi or sex scenes, they were sexy enough.. ;p Choice of girls is pretty nice as well, I didn't find anyone to be annoying or anything.. Maybe there could be more of everything, but they managed to put some of everything, and it's just that anime is short.. ;p In the end, I liked the girls, and cared the more about them, the more show went on.. So I liked characters in this anime, and character usually are the most important part of anime for me personally.. ;p
Jan 4, 2020 2:35 PM
Jan 2020
Gendolfas said:
Well, it's alright, it happens, especially at new places.. ;p
Well, I just have no problems myself with this anime.. Really, I imagine, most incest shows get hate just because they have incest.. Fair enough, people can dislike, what they wanna.. But why really watch it in first place, though, I just ignore genres I don't personally like.. ;p But, eh, whatever, I guess, some people don't really recognize fast that it's about incest, especially if it's not their genre..
I myself am content with this anime.. All girls had their arcs, only one didn't, but in 12 episodes anime it's understandable.. Anime had both dramatic and wholesome moments, I also won't say that I got bored by ecchi or sex scenes, they were sexy enough.. ;p Choice of girls is pretty nice as well, I didn't find anyone to be annoying or anything.. Maybe there could be more of everything, but they managed to put some of everything, and it's just that anime is short.. ;p In the end, I liked the girls, and cared the more about them, the more show went on.. So I liked characters in this anime, and character usually are the most important part of anime for me personally.. ;p

That true, some people watch what they not like and then just hate and mock shows.
I also read original VN of this Anime. Anime do something better, like art and music and ecchi and sex, but is too fast compared to VN, VN give more character development, but this understandable because anime only have 12 episodes, you right. Characters seem boring first, but they reveal very good in their arc. Girl who not have arc (Kozue the class rep?) have arc in sequel of VN, "Haruka no Sora".
Also red hair shop owner have arc and there also Sora part 2 (sequel to her arc in original VN).
This anime adapt only arcs from original VN, not sequel, so no Kozue route is sad but understandable.
Jan 4, 2020 10:12 PM

Aug 2018
Yeah, I was talking about Kozue.. Well, she has route in VN sequel.. Better than nothing, I guess.. I'll think if I'll read VN or sequel, but maybe not now, too much other stuff to watch for now really.. ;p Still, girls are nice.. ;p
Jan 6, 2020 4:19 PM
Jan 2020
Gendolfas said:
Yeah, I was talking about Kozue.. Well, she has route in VN sequel.. Better than nothing, I guess.. I'll think if I'll read VN or sequel, but maybe not now, too much other stuff to watch for now really.. ;p Still, girls are nice.. ;p

Ya ya, girls very nice! VN easy to find. Sequel almost impossible to find. It still in Japanese, no translate! But you right, I also other stuff to watch. Next: Goblin Slayer! See you round, maybe. Goodbye!
Jan 6, 2020 10:36 PM

Aug 2018
Have a good time and enjoyable anime.. ;P
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

» Yosuga no Sora is greatly underestimated and I will prove it(The article contains a complete analysis of anime).

_User_ - Dec 29, 2021

34 by Zarutaku »»
May 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by somniumnaut »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Hickykissy - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.