Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2010 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an epic episode...

It's kinda sad that Nishio Ishin's Katanagatari comes to an end. Now, I'm looking forward for the upcoming animation project of Kizumonogatari by SHAFT. :D

Oh, one final word...: Cherio!~
stevewiess01Dec 10, 2010 1:09 PM

Dec 10, 2010 5:36 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, even without subs this episode can't adequately be described by "epic". The animation, music, buildup...everything was absolutely fucking incredible.

Togame's death scene was very damn sad, and even though I could barely understand a word, I was pretty much teary-eyed throughout T_T. I loved the background music here and the artistic direction, changes a good scene into a great scene.

And then, the lightning paced 2nd half. Shichika's gauntlet run and brutal smashing of all the first 11 Deviant Blades was actually borderline comical--the way he handled them all with such ease really points to the fact that awakened Shichika is far beyond anyone else. And then, the fight with Emonzaemon. Best fight in the whole show by far. I wish the entire thing was animated with the same care and detail as their first few exchanges, rather than the streaks of orange and blue, but oh well. Nonetheless superb, finished with an epic Shichika Hachiretsu.

Loved the part kills the Shogun and ends up splitting the castle in half. Cheerio ^__^

Hopefully the subs will clear up why he's traveling with Hitei, though.
Dec 10, 2010 8:38 PM

Jan 2009
damn gonna check it out now
Dec 10, 2010 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
Dec 10, 2010 10:17 PM

Apr 2010
A very strong concluding episode for a great series. Hakari, the Scale was the funniest cut of the series.
神回認定!

He's traveling with Hitei because she's a stalker, and he needs financial help spreading "Cheerio!" with the wrong meaning.
8thSinDec 10, 2010 10:30 PM
Dec 11, 2010 12:18 AM

Nov 2007
Spreading "Cherio"?? Togame's loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong last words (almost 15 mins.). I thought... *just die already!* Shichika really loved her?

Wow, Shichika wearing upper cloth and fighting those enemies he fought before... wow @ finishing them up as quickly as possible. lol @ 10th...
tsubasaloverDec 11, 2010 12:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 11, 2010 12:48 AM
Oct 2009
Dammit, can't wait for subs. T_T
Dec 11, 2010 1:58 AM
Jun 2008
the white snake is the God's servant.

Excellent. The famous phrase came from Hitei hime. X3 negativity
positive negative negative= positive lol

NTR ending .

The is one my favorite Anime of the year 10/10
Dec 11, 2010 5:32 AM

Oct 2009
After 12 long months... the end.

Amazing serie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2010 6:00 AM

May 2008
still don't really get it... but whatever, it was cute.
In the End, was it worth it?
Dec 11, 2010 6:08 AM
Sep 2009
nooooo :(
oh and lol @ 10th sword fight
Dec 11, 2010 7:08 AM

Jul 2009
Epic fight scenes! I've been waiting for that rampage since the end of the last ep. Still not sure if I like the ending or not as I wanted Togame to live and Hitei to die (painfully I might add). But ah well an excuse to rewatch the whole thing again to find out. Awesome series its a shame its come to an end.

qetou said:
oh and lol @ 10th sword fight
I lol'd hard at that part
Dec 11, 2010 7:12 AM

Apr 2008
I personally loved this ending even if most of the dialog flew over my head during the talk between Togame and Shichika. Unstoppable Shichika was damn EPIC. I loved how he devastated sword after sword. that armor death and the chick with the countless sword were the most BRUTAL. can't wait for subs to watch it again
Dec 11, 2010 7:19 AM

May 2009
Subs are out already. Just finished watching the ep with subs, and it was amazing. Shichika was really cool, and it's good to see what can he really do if he don't have any restriction. The end wasn't as tragic as I anticipated, but I liked it more this way. The series overall gets a 9/10 from me.
Dec 11, 2010 7:28 AM

Apr 2009
I can't recollect myself after this episode, I lack words to describe how awesome it got in the end. It was a long year, and during that long time, Katanagatari was the only show for which new episode I always waited.
If I were to summarize the whole series with one word... I'd use "epic", I guess.
Regarding the ending itself, it was fitting and I can't really think of any better way to end up the series. Not that I think about, and look at all those shitty moe-blobs, romcoms and crap like that... I'm a little bit depressed - how long will it take for another series comparable in quality and intelligent content to come out?
I'm still not not sure whether 9 or 10 is more appropriate, but... 10 sounds about right.

Dec 11, 2010 8:30 AM

Jan 2010
Quite an end to a great 12 months. Oh well, all good things must come to an end ;_;
Ok™
Dec 11, 2010 8:53 AM
Jan 2008
so.... Togame is dead huh? well..... there goes all those hours watching these episodes... honestly, this is such a load of bull..... it had promise at the start, but with an ending like that, i have to say this series gets a 1 on my list
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Dec 11, 2010 9:31 AM

Oct 2009
Man... I rewatched this twice and now it's 4:30 am.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2010 9:50 AM

Nov 2010
just gotta say: episode was epic, good, lol at 10th sword fight, and "like id give a danm about that!! CHERIOOOOO!!!!!"....XD
Dec 11, 2010 9:59 AM

Apr 2008
renjikuchiki1 said:
so.... Togame is dead huh? well..... there goes all those hours watching these episodes... honestly, this is such a load of bull..... it had promise at the start, but with an ending like that, i have to say this series gets a 1 on my list

FUnny. I would have dropped my score if Togame lived. Seems someone can't take a real ending.
Dec 11, 2010 9:59 AM

Aug 2009
Epic episode... the only thing I disliked was duration of Togame's death... even Trinity died faster... but still... it was excellent episode.
Dec 11, 2010 10:05 AM

Nov 2009
stevewiess01 said:

You might say Seito Hakari is useless, but its users don't get killed, so it does what it's expected to do.
Anyway, the last episode was epic.
Must be tough being Togame the Strategian or Hitei-hime. They're so twisted and self-conflicting.
Dec 11, 2010 10:08 AM

Nov 2009
stevewiess01 said:

You might say Seito Hakari is useless, but the girl who wielded it survived the fight that killed many strong men, a number of ninja among them.
Dec 11, 2010 10:25 AM

May 2010
Yeah i have mixed feelings on the ending to this as well. Like yay he ends up with that annoying princess and we have no idea what happened to him after that....i guess. I dunno what i was expecting since we already knew in the 11th eps Togame was gonna die but i felt like there was supposed to be something major happen u know like they were saying falsifying history and seeing the future to well i guess we have no idea what happened to him after that like wtf! well ok done with my mixed feelings rant. Cheerio to all!! :)
Dec 11, 2010 10:33 AM

Apr 2008
Wow - this whole episode was just so emotional
first we have Togame's death - and her last words followed by shichika's mad rage - but he doesn't desire vengance all he wants is death, he won't kill himself because he knows Togame wouldn't want it, but if he were to fall at the hands of somebody else his death might seem less self inflicted. Deep down he is still unable to disobey Togame no matter how much he says he isn't bound by her. He has reached the point where nobody is his match not physically nor mentally. Nobody can defeat him - he is peerless, nobody can love him the same way either. Without direction he sets out across japan to make the map he and togame discussed earlier on and in the process spread the incorrect meaning of cheerio, allowing himself to be followed by followed by the woman who ordered Togame's assassination she covers his expenses and maybe some nights he fools himself into thinking she is Togame, on those nights he sleeps soundly, undisturbed.

I would give this series 9.5/10 - I will really miss bakemonogatari, it's not everyday we get a series that's moving on so many levels, made with such elegance and put together like a work of art
Dec 11, 2010 11:50 AM
Oct 2009
Wow...amazing ending. Probably one of the best endings to a show I've seen. This is what you call a climax and a resolution!
Dec 11, 2010 12:07 PM

Jan 2009
Yandere-mode Shichika FTW !

though i didn't quite understand why he fucked kill Emonzaimon who was just a tool
and spared Hitei who actully is the one who ordered Emonzaimon to kill Togame,

will it was good to now that Shichika is having someone to take care of him,
and that he's acting bossey on the princess, XD

Man, this twelve months was Fast...
Yasei_Dec 11, 2010 12:11 PM
Truth is, Everybody is going to hurt you, You just gotta to find the ones worth suffering for.
Dec 11, 2010 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
Cheerio!
Dec 11, 2010 12:16 PM

Oct 2008
I think Togame didn't blame Hitei, because she tells Shichika to tell her thanks. Because of the stuff that she explained like at the end she was going to kill him.

I loved how he had all that super fast speed in his fight with emonzamon only to make sure that every bullet hit him, not to just dodge all of the xD
Dec 11, 2010 12:27 PM

Dec 2008
i really hate using the word "epic" as everyone else already has but i just cant think of any other word to describe this ending. that fight with emonzaemon was amazing. best show this year hands down.

CHERIOOOOOO!!!!!
9/10
Dec 11, 2010 12:41 PM
Apr 2009
Shichika badass mode ON.

Cheeriooo!!!

One of the best anime in year 2010, and of the best I've ever watched.
Dec 11, 2010 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
what an epic episode and an excellent conclusion to a show that took a year to finish..which i didn't mind to much actually i rather enjoyed the monthly episode, it was always something to look forward to each month.

this defiantly is one of my favorites and I will miss it, i suppose i could watch again.
Dec 11, 2010 1:37 PM
Oct 2008
I really liked this episode.

I think the ending was very appropriate for the series. It is very sad that Togame died, but at least in the end Shichika is shown to be kind of happy. There is no desperation, but hope.

Hitei hime too was a very sad person before, always scheming closed in her house. Now she looks happy enjoying the journey with Shichika.

They both lost someone and they both gained a new life.

One of the best shows of the year for me, probably the best.
Dec 11, 2010 1:40 PM

Apr 2009
renjikuchiki1 said:

You... actually gave it a 1 ∑(O_O;)
Oh well, morons like you are all over the world - but I'd give you a piece of advice: watch it nevertheless, you may think this kind of ending is stupid, but in fact it was the best ending they could pull out.

Dec 11, 2010 1:41 PM
Jun 2010
amazing anime, truly amazing.

the cheerio was epic, and also the added bit with shichika and the other princess was nice, it showed that he was allowed to live, and that shichika carried out togames wish of maping japan.

10/10

extremely awesome, and i am very glad that i watched.
Dec 11, 2010 1:44 PM
Jun 2010
forgot to add, did anyone notice that the other princess had her hair cut?

looks like she envied togame as she had so much time with shichika, just travelling around collecting the blades.
Dec 11, 2010 1:55 PM

Apr 2009
Amazing series. Really worth watching. More anime like this please!

Cherioooo!!!! (just to help spread the wrong meaning of "cherio" across the world :P ^^ )
Dec 11, 2010 2:16 PM

Apr 2010
Okay... i'm a little werided out by this episode. It was great an all... really.... 10/10 but it felt..... a little weird... i can't explain it. O_o

Togame surely took long to ejaculate her dying words... i was like seriously? That long? He could've took her to medical help easily.

How come there was barely any mention that Yasuri Shichika (Kyoutou Yasuri) is the 13th and the final Shikizaki Deviant Blade?

And it's funny how Shikizaki Kiki went around and put in so much effort to make the perfect Deviant Blade Kyotou Yasuri so he could change history and stop Japan's destruction... but Shichika & Hitei i guess couldn't give a damn about Japan being nuked... XD EPIC.

The coupling at the end with Shichika and Hitei was all right i guess... perhaps both of them really had nothing else to cling on to so they decided to tag along each other because they most probably needed each other.

But doesn't that suggest that Kyoutouryuu continued on? Perhaps Hitei and Shichika *ahem* carried it on? Or maybe it died there but like the narrator said, there's no more to Shichika's story, and no way to tell history.

Honestly... not the best episode of the series, but really nice none-the-less.

I like how each episode is named after the Deviant Blades
1 - Zettou Kanna
2 - Zantou Namakura
3 - Sentou Tsurugi
4 - Hakutou Hari
5 - Zokutou Yoroi
6 - Soutou Kanazuchi
7 - Akutou Bita
8 - Bitou Kanzashi
9 - Outou Nokogiri
10 - Seitou Hakari
11 - Dokutou Mekki
12 - Entou Jyuu

I actually thought the last one would be named Kyoutou Yasuri... but i guess it wasn't.

This anime deserves to be recommended to people... i'll recommend it right away to a few of my friends (even if they don't watch anime).

Now it's time to wait for Kizumonogatari. Obviously not related in any way to Katanagatari for all you people who think it might be... >.> like some of my friends just because it's written by the same person and because it's got "gatari" (short for monogatari which means story) in it's name.
Dec 11, 2010 2:20 PM

May 2009
And so it comes to an end after nearly a year, and what an ending it was! Shichika against Emonzaemon was amazing. I still can't believe Togame died - it's too depressing... And I don't know what to think about Hitei and Shichika ending up travelling together. Oh well.

I'll have to rewatch it sometime. I think it'll be easier to keep track of things when you don't have to wait for almost a month between episodes.
Dec 11, 2010 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
very nice episode and series overall.
And I say it even though this anime style/ganre is not my thing. (Togame died - makes the ending much better, otherwise there would be a controversial question of /ove-master-underrling - much more difficult to solve.)

I might check Kizumonogatari later....
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9260/Kizumonogatari
Dec 11, 2010 3:38 PM

Aug 2008
Cherio! 10/10. Adding it to my top5.
Dec 11, 2010 3:47 PM

Mar 2010
Epic ending, as expected. Shichika owned faces, and the girl/(boy?) at the 10th sword was cute xD
The ep was a strong 10, the series itself 9
Dec 11, 2010 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
adding to top 5 indeed.
fucking awesome
Dec 11, 2010 4:38 PM

Dec 2007
the epic killing scenes were so great :O
I rewatched these scenes 4 times XD
Dec 11, 2010 5:08 PM

Nov 2009
Epic last episode !

The fighting scenes were epic and Togame death was sad but it made this episode even more epic than I could imagined.

Great show deserving at the very least 9/10
Dec 11, 2010 5:12 PM

Feb 2009
epic ending ^_^
loved the floor by floor fight
expecially the seitou hakari fight
"this thing is kind of useless"
"for now, try throwing it at me" i lmao

and shichika was awsome during those fights
well, time to rewatch it. kinda sad its over now
Dec 11, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2009
Perfect episode, excatly what i wanted to see, Shichika traveling around with that Princess making map, nice, wouldn't have raised score if Togame lived 10/10
Final Cherio was awesome :D
Dec 11, 2010 5:39 PM

Aug 2009
I really loved this last episode... it was a great ending... probably an unexpected one ... Shichika and the princess ... weird xD ... but if it works for him then... i don´t care xD ... all the swords fights where awesome..... and of course.... vs Emonzaemon... probably one of the greatest fights ever .... anyway... i loved this anime ...the best on my opinion of this whole year(and i watched lost of anime this year) ... 10/10
Dec 11, 2010 5:57 PM

Nov 2009
AceIII said:
Epic last episode !

The fighting scenes were epic and Togame death was sad but it made this episode even more epic than I could imagined.

Great show deserving at the very least 9/10

This. Wouldn't had said it better myself. Amazing series! Katanagatari will definitely be in my Top 5. Cherio! :)
Dec 11, 2010 6:00 PM

Sep 2009
Amazing. The ending really satisfied me. 10/10 for sure.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
Yesterday, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

» END SPOILERS - I’ve Never Witnessed Such Epic Implosion

deaf_amish_guy - Jun 6, 2020

10 by Nesquikscope »»
Mar 31, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

333 by Dumb »»
Jul 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.