Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2008 12:32 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an annoying episode. That redhead is so freakin' annoying, someone slap her and tell her Tylor is not her pet.

And what a wasted opportunity to gain some insight into how Tylor's mind works. The most we got was that he likes to remember women, and thats it. What a waste.

Argh. Anyway.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:48 AM
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 23, 2009 7:02 PM

Apr 2008
I actually liked this episode, Tylor doesn't mind being someone pet I guess, Paco-Paco xD
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Dec 22, 2009 11:44 PM
Sep 2009
Yeah, it was a wasted opportunity to understand Tylor- But then again, I don't think we're supposed to understand him. If we did, he wouldn't be half as unpredictable and fun. :D
Just my two cents.
Feb 19, 2010 3:17 AM

Nov 2009
I consider this episode a filler, no more no less.
Jul 1, 2011 4:27 AM

Apr 2009
ScrewBall said:
Yeah, it was a wasted opportunity to understand Tylor- But then again, I don't think we're supposed to understand him. If we did, he wouldn't be half as unpredictable and fun. :D

I can't believe it myself but I actually agree to that. :)
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 6, 2014 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
Azalyn's and Yurikos talk was amusing. Empress will no listen anything she says....Truly passionate and hard-headed Onna.

This was OK Episode...now by looks of it Yuriko's feelings are slowly changing...and entire Crew suddenly respects Tylor very much...how long till that changes?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 17, 2015 1:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What a change of tone. Angsty Captain Tylor is not as fun to be honest. I'm not too crazy with the Empress's character either. The whole pet thing is not interesting iMO.

ScrewBall said:

I agree.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 23, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty ok episode, probably one of my least favorite episodes so far.
Feb 21, 2019 5:25 PM
Aug 2018
Why didn't they get him back to the enemies ship with the princess and let them remove the chip again?

And I wish the princess was more mature. I wouldn't have minded if they made a peace treaty and Tylor stayed with her and even marry her. But although she seems to "love" him, she still only sees him as a pet to toy around with. She wasn't even concerned about the brainwashing as long as he obeyed her. This way, she doesn't even deserve him.
tr25a3Feb 21, 2019 5:31 PM
Apr 13, 2020 1:52 PM

Mar 2015
Yay! The wacky journey through Neverland worked!
The sword that takes life gives life
May 9, 2020 2:01 AM

Jul 2015
Empress was quite reckless there. By the looks of it yuriko has grown quite close to liking Tylor

Going through the mind of Tylor, pretty chaotic in there

May 31, 2020 8:19 AM

Nov 2017
is it just me who thought that this show went downhill and got so fucking boring ever since ep 16..
Aug 30, 2020 1:39 PM

Jun 2017
Irresponsible Captain Tylorgellian

I see what people mean when they say it could have let us see something of how Taylor's mind works, but I also agree that the mystery there is the drive of the show, so perhaps it's for the best. And besides, the focus of the episode seemed to be more on developing our understanding of the other characters relationship with Tylor rather than himself.

That said, there has been a significant "Forgetting" of the show's main character, in the sense that we haven't seen Tylor's madness for several episodes straight when that was the highlight of every episode prior to his capture. So long as it goes back to showing us what crazy way Tylor will get out of a crisis next, then I don't think that's a real problem.
OldManHandsAug 30, 2020 1:45 PM
Jul 31, 2022 3:52 PM

Mar 2013
That Yuriko and Azalyn inside Tylor's brain thing was sooooooooo weird. The sexist bit about 'liking submissive women' and 'not liking when women talk back' especially. I had to constantly remind myself that this is a 90s japanese series. And I thought Azalyn was fine at first but she got so annoying during this episode I was hoping Yuriko could slap her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 23 Discussion

Beatnik - May 29, 2008

34 by xthewarwithinx »»
Apr 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 6 Discussion

storm-12 - Feb 7, 2010

9 by wallus81 »»
Mar 14, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 5 Discussion

storm-12 - Feb 7, 2010

10 by wallus81 »»
Mar 14, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

18 by apbooyah »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 4 Discussion

ScrewBall - Dec 14, 2009

19 by Kristiwazhere »»
Sep 26, 2023 10:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.