Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2015 12:58 PM

May 2012
Holy shit that was intense especially that cliffhanger!
Feb 15, 2015 10:32 AM

Aug 2014
I don't like that the majority of this episode was flashbacks. Its not good when a series wastes your time like that, I could understand if it were more meaningful to the moment or something, but most of this happened only a few episodes and it didn't really add to the experience.
They seem to have adjusted the animation in this episode. Reindhard and Kircheis's faces looked better. Their eyes were more detailed which is good, because Kircheis's fake doll-looking eyes used to annoy me.
That was some crazy shit at the end with that attempt at assassination. I wonder how he's gonna dodge that?
Feb 28, 2015 6:35 PM

Mar 2014
The art is super clean this time and looks better than anything else in the show so far.
Oberstein doesn't like favoritism of any kind.
Kirchies and Reinhard argue about Reinhard's choice to not intercept the nuke on that planet. I'm guessing that they will have a falling out.
Oberstein keeps trying to convince Reinhard to stop favoring Kirchies, I think he should shut up since kirchies has proven himself.
Hmm there are so many flashbacks in this episode.
Oh shit! Ansbach walked into the room so casually with a hidden rocket launcher in Brawnscheig's dead body and he's aimed it at Reinhard. I thought Ansbach stopped caring about Brawnschieg.
Surprising cliffhanger.
May 21, 2015 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Wow that ending was surprising. Good episode overall, I like when it focuses on the few characters that have been developed.
May 26, 2015 5:04 AM
Nov 2014
LMAOOOO A fucking rocket launcher hidden in the prince's stomach ? XDD, dat cliffhanger ending though.
Jun 23, 2015 6:14 PM

Dec 2013
So many flashbacks! Damn that cliffhanger at the end. Although we all know that Reinhard isn't going to die so early.
Jul 12, 2015 2:35 AM

May 2012
Quote of the episode: "Even if the whole universe were my enemy Kircheis would still be my friend."

+1

THAT is how you do a calm before the storm episode, im realizing more and more how this anime has done so many things that other shows have done and for the most part it is doing them better, hats off to LoGH

edit: just watched the preview for next episode.... i cant....
frequency15kJul 12, 2015 2:52 AM
Aug 13, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2014
My two little boys are fighting
*flashback*
aws
*flashback*
aws
So many flashbacks... kind of boring...
*BOOM*
WUT, that escalated really quickly o.O
Aug 18, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Even the recap episodes in this series are awesome, and that was interesting place to store a gun.
Dec 9, 2015 6:26 AM

Apr 2014
GAHHHH all those death flags...I dont even neeeed to see the preview to know...
Jan 18, 2016 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
Despite the heavy use of flashbacks, this episode did well to emphasize how Kircheis has always been the voice of reason in Reinhard's life and has guided him with sound counsel. I hope the distance between them is a temporary set back as I have really enjoyed their dynamic thus far.
Apr 21, 2016 11:10 PM

Oct 2011
Flashbacks zzzzzzzzzz
Apr 29, 2016 8:26 PM

Jun 2010
Although there was a lot of reused footage as usual episodes without battles are far more interesting. The surprising wear on the closet friendship in the series is real tension. Reinhard's rather cynical assessment of his sister's words creates more.
Jun 8, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
Ugh, I was told time after time not to wach the previews and I still did it...I guess that's what my dumbass gets for being so damn nosy >_<

Way too many flashbacks in this episode tbh.
Dec 28, 2016 4:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
what? In the last minute Reinhard has to contront to bazooka!!!! xD
Jan 1, 2017 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
Decent episode, the first ten minutes was very interesting, but that flashback was a bore though, and that cliffhanger was executed in a lame way. 3/5
Jan 6, 2017 2:11 AM

Apr 2016
What an episode. You can't expect things to run smooth all the time. Relationship between people change pretty fast if is stimulated by unexpected event. Hope Reinhard and Kircheis won't go to any fight.

Nice metaphor on this one:

Obersteins's principle is very interesting. He dislike unfairness and his honesty knows no limit, always state what's on his mind, even if it's about insulting his superior lol. He seems to be a crafty fox as well, always knows what's going on, and have plan ahead, given the right situation he'll execute it with no delay. The assasination makes me laugh a bit, must be because of the rushed and weird execution. But still a nice episode.
Jan 17, 2018 10:09 AM

May 2016
That bastard Oberstein is such a nuisance ruining their friendship.
I hope that Reinhard step on his pride and tell him the truth but knowing
Reinhard he won't do it.
Sep 19, 2018 3:30 PM

Feb 2017
I wonder what kept Reinhard from telling Kircheis that he was tricked by Oberstein about the Westerland nuke? Was it his pride? Maybe something simpler, maybe since he was parted from his dear friend for so long he couldn't open up to him about being manipulated by the person who replaced Kircheis by his side.
Oct 29, 2019 6:25 AM

Oct 2012
Reinhard should have been more honest about what happened and apologize for it
That would be the best strategy
But even the best strategist could fail at communicate with other people
Now the relationship between them is unrepairable

I felt bad for Paul, but not anymore
Most of what he said will ruin Reinhard to the worst case possible
Let a ruler become human not a robot will calculations

Damn that cliffhanger ending xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 9, 2020 1:48 PM
Feb 2018
No way Ansbach. This guy is not going down down alone. Reinhard will survive I am sure but how?
Feb 1, 2020 6:01 PM
May 2019
The flashbacks on this are pretty bad. I wonder if they had to pad it out so that they could follow it up with the next episode.
Apr 24, 2020 1:51 PM

Dec 2019
Lmao the guy opened the prince's stomach and started searching while the other 10-20 guys in front of him standing there and watch him until he pulled out a fucking mini bazooka lmao ngl that shit was funny as fuck.
                                                         🖤   

Jun 27, 2020 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
I will admit, when I read the book, I hadn't expected him to take something quite so... big out of the body.
Sep 8, 2020 3:50 PM
May 2016
Reinhard lied about allowing the death of the people of planet Westerland?

Fuck. I have been spoiled.
Oct 11, 2020 10:20 PM
Jun 2017
Oh, Kircheis. You managed to win my heart, but alas, the galaxy wouldn't let you live. It's pretty much obvious what will happen next, given the amount of flashbacks in this episode. It's sad someone as nice as Kircheis would have to die so soon.

Anyway, I hope Oberstein will take up his place. He already catched my interest with Westerland. I hope he won't let me down.
Oct 14, 2020 8:40 AM

Apr 2020
Yeah I definitely just watch a Kicheis and Reinhard compilation
And the ending was kinda hilarious XD
Feb 10, 2021 3:12 AM

Jul 2016
bernardo7894 said:
The flashbacks on this are pretty bad. I wonder if they had to pad it out so that they could follow it up with the next episode.

Seemed like overkill.

If Reinhard is going to die then they needed to be in the same episode...
Mar 8, 2021 1:29 AM

Jul 2020
I actually didn’t mind the flashbacks but damn that cliffhanger came out of nowhere, I think I know what’s gonna happen next but I’m gonna say it in the next episode.
Apr 5, 2021 7:46 AM
May 2020
wait, so everyone in the hall was cool with Ansbach just brucking out a a bazooka from a corpse. bruhh. lovely cliff-hanger tho
May 7, 2021 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

The expression Kircheis has, having heard the rumors that Reinhard deliberately let Westerland be nuked.

04:48 The symbolism:

With its flashbacks, this episode is truly about Reinhard and Kircheis's relationship

Oberstein doesn't want favouritism. Promotions for Reuenthal and Mittermeyer.

"Do you think that what was possible for Rudolf is impossible for me?" Letting citizens die...achieving political supremacy, a bit of both?

Fahrenheit was one of those who recognised Reinhard's genius in planning for the Battle of Astarte.

Ansbach just pulling out a weapon inside the corpse of Braunschweig. No slow easing up to Reinhard to assassinate him somewhere down the line, go straight for revenge early on...

Fortress_MaximusMay 9, 2021 12:40 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 11, 2021 3:05 AM

Nov 2018
Sieg , please , don't die ...
I hate everyone equally
Jul 16, 2021 2:33 AM

Jun 2020
animation get betta or im on hard drugs again
Sep 8, 2021 5:49 PM
Mar 2021
5/5 episode, the ending shocked me!
Sep 9, 2021 5:05 AM
Jan 2018
All the flashbacks showing Kircheis and Reinhard's relationship and then a assassination attempt just raises death flags . I have a assumption what will happen next
Dec 18, 2021 9:29 AM
Nov 2020
nobody will be daijoubu ever again.
Apr 7, 2022 5:41 PM

Dec 2007
though this episode had too many flashbacks, it made me think something great gonna happen in the end of the episode. and it happened. :o

i always thought reinhard can just tell kircheis that it was oberstain's fault. but only in this episode it came to me that it was too childish for future-leader to do.
still, i don't want their friendship will be ruined.
but it just seemed that their talked had made his dark side higher.

i'm glad i took the advice and didn't watched any previous, i'm usually enjoying reading some of the comments in this discussion, but as soon i realized there had been some big spoiler in the preview it made me just skip it all.
Apr 7, 2022 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
User-Name said:
though this episode had too many flashbacks, it made me think something great gonna happen in the end of the episode. and it happened. :o

i always thought reinhard can just tell kircheis that it was oberstain's fault. but only in this episode it came to me that it was too childish for future-leader to do.

i'm glad i took the advice and didn't watched any previous, i'm usually enjoying reading some of the comments in this discussion, but as soon i realized there had been some big spoiler in the preview it made me just skip it all.

oh yeah LOGH previews, the narrator tells you with no fucks given, who win who looses, who survives an who dies, its funny to me that the currently airing remake just doesnt have any previews
Apr 7, 2022 6:48 PM

Dec 2007
silversaint said:
User-Name said:

oh yeah LOGH previews, the narrator tells you with no fucks given, who win who looses, who survives an who dies, its funny to me that the currently airing remake just doesnt have any previews
i have taken the advice in the discussion forum, and i'm glad i did it.
Apr 7, 2022 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
User-Name said:
silversaint said:

what i did was watch the proper episode an then come back to watch its preview, sometimes the narrator does say some epic shit about what happened an it can be rather hillarous how blunt he can be
Apr 8, 2022 6:51 AM

Dec 2007
silversaint said:
User-Name said:

what i did was watch the proper episode an then come back to watch its preview, sometimes the narrator does say some epic shit about what happened an it can be rather hillarous how blunt he can be
i did that few times, but at some point i felt little pointless lol
Aug 21, 2022 1:30 PM

Apr 2020
I don't agree with Obersteins methods nor Lohengramm's submission to them. It is morally wrong from the standpoint like Kircheis mentioned, because it undermines part of the point why Lohengramm's rule is better than Rudolf. But it is also strategically a waste, I'd argue even unimportant. By the time Westerland was being bombed by the nobles, the nobles had already practically lost the war. Now, it's not the fault of Lohengramm of the destruction itself because he isn't the one who sent it, but "he" selfishly took that opportunity for short term gain. The value of people in the empire of learning the greater evil of the nobles from Westerland's destruction is not useful in the long run because in the long run their mindset would have already altered easily to fit Lohengramm's regime's narrative, plus I bet much of the commoners in the empire are already aware of their poverty under the nobles so sending a clearer message is simply unnecessary. Not to mention, if Lohengramm had saved Westerland from destruction, he'd get a lot more legitimacy from the popular support of the masses, especially from Westerland itself. Long term benefit would've probably trickled into Lohengramm's side, benefiting him far more in the future rather than an already sealed victory.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Nov 15, 2022 2:07 PM

May 2018
oh shit, how tf do you sneak in a bazooka inside Braunschweig? Why even take Braunschweig's side in the first place, that idiot? Damn
Jan 6, 2023 7:24 AM

Aug 2018
Big flashbacks episode, but it seems that Reinhard got convincved not have give Kircheis a special threatment. Oberstein is being very tricky with this but hes kinda got a point, having this many talented admirals under your wing, you have to show them u value them as much as your closest allies.

The end of episode is a damn intense hit, this really builds up next episode more than enough
Feb 20, 2023 2:59 AM

Jul 2017
i am not ready to rewatch the next episode...
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Apr 9, 2023 11:41 AM
Jan 2018
Flashback the episode... Thanks anime, but I don't have Alzheimer.
May 24, 2023 7:23 PM
Dec 2021
decent episode, Reinhard is becoming a bit dislikeable, I suppose that was inevitable as his quest forced him to be more drastic and a harsher individual. 
Apr 16, 8:39 PM
Oct 2020
Despite all the flashbacks I thought this was a great episode. There was just enough rewind to emphasize the point, not so much as to appear to be just filler. And dang, that ending! I didn't see it coming at all. But in hindsight there was plenty of foreshadowing leading up to these events. The mark of a well-thought story. Much like the light mark of red wine on Lohengramm's hand. Nicely placed.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.