Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2010 8:50 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nope! Sorry, say what you will but I have no pity to spare for such complete monsters, no matter how convenient their excuses, and I definitely can't see how the children he terrorized had any either, all I have to say is good riddance.
Apr 17, 2012 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
D'aww. He really loved his master so much. I'd say having to do that would mess up anybody.
I don't know how they keep managing to do it, but every fight is more badass than the last! Oh-ho man, we've already got energy beams and everything, the very final fight has to be nuts!
May 12, 2012 4:56 AM

Nov 2010
this is going down as one of my top favorite fight scenes.
Oct 3, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2012
Ken can fire pink laz0rbeems now? Heh, that would have been useful the dozen or so hostage situations in the past.

But still, those fisticuffs were pretty tasty.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Aug 13, 2013 6:52 AM
Apr 2008
Alas86 said:
Nope! Sorry, say what you will but I have no pity to spare for such complete monsters, no matter how convenient their excuses, and I definitely can't see how the children he terrorized had any either, all I have to say is good riddance.

Agreed. I found this fight to be so melodramatic--okay, FotNS is generally this--but here, I just could not feel feel enough pity for Souther to justify or empathize with his suffering, especially given his reign of terror and abuse.
Sep 24, 2013 8:34 PM

Jun 2008
The guy who hated emotion was the most emotional of them all, so emotional he lost his senses.
Jul 24, 2014 1:26 AM

Mar 2012
Why are you trying to make me pity the biggest douchebag of the series so far? The guy doesn't deserve it one bit, heck Yuda was a more likeable fella lol.
Monad said:
The guy who hated emotion was the most emotional of them all, so emotional he lost his senses.

Oh the irony.
May 17, 2016 3:08 AM

Jul 2008
Nope no sympathy for Souther.

And Ken can shoot friggin lasers.
Jul 29, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
Alas86 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

+1

Seems to be a trend in shows where an inexcusably evil person has their sad backstory revealed before their final moments in an attempt for viewers to find pity for them :/
Feb 18, 2018 3:09 PM

Nov 2016
Epic fight, but even tho I liked the story of Souther, it still felt incredibly forced.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 21, 2018 4:57 AM

Oct 2012
Please Souther, HnK's OP is called Ai wo Torimodose which translate into bring back love
Basically Ken is fighting for love xD

B-But Souther still have hair and his entire body
Ken just blatantly lied to us

There should be one more South fist person right?
Rei, Yuda, Shin, Shu, Souther.. and one more
Surely he'll make his appearance sooner or later

I just notice Souther name because he's a South person.. get it? South-er xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 1, 2019 12:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Souther finally got killed by Ken... that's nice.
And then the pyramid collapsed and all the kids are released.
Good episode
Dec 24, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2015
Didn't expect the secret to be something simple as having the blood system reversed

Quess this is the end of Souther, too bad his death isn't as cruel as I expected for him to be after all the terrible things he has done

Apr 17, 2020 6:59 AM

Mar 2017
I don't think we were supposed to be feeling empathy for Souther as such, but perhaps more just pity for how pathetic he really was underneath that facade.

It felt like this could have been the final climax of the show. Crazy to think how many episodes there are left. xD

Oct 3, 2020 5:03 PM

Sep 2010
Really fucking weird I was tearing up over Souther even though I don't like him lol. I guess my depression really is that bad atm that I will cry over any slightly sad thing. xD

I was expecting him to last the entire arc so I'm guessing we are going back to the whole Toki, Ken, and Raoh feud again unless someone other than Souther from the South Star appears as an enemy.

"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 13, 2021 2:22 PM

Sep 2016
Yo, this Souther arc was probably my favorite alongside Jagi.

Alas86 said:

I always understand their reasons (Souther made the most sense out every villain so far), but I never forgive. He may have been a decent person once, but he's just human trash now, with no reedemable qualities.
Nov 27, 2021 2:30 AM
Jan 2019
I actually felt sad for Souther. He's a very tragic person.

I mean, at the moment, he was already dead. He's not the evil tyrant who tyrannized children, he's just a weak and sad man who realized the mistakes of his way. I am sorry for Souther the Tragic Person who seeks Lofe, not for Souther the tyrant who killed countless people.

Souther before fight with Kenshiro and Souther after defeat by Kenshiro are different Southers. Souther became a new man... right before he died. And it was sad.

If he would've not become evil, he would've live a good and happy life.

I have a tendency to feel bad for complete monsters, somehow... to become evil irredeemable monster if the most horrible fate that makes me sad.
Sep 12, 2022 5:17 PM

Jan 2013
Not gonna lie.... Souther was a dope character. i definitely do not feel any sympathy for him but I quite liked how he was handled character wise, and his design and presence was a joy to watch. This is easily the best arc in this show so far.
Oct 29, 2022 7:51 AM
Dec 2015
Come to think of it, he would always test people about "love": not just Shu when he gave him the "chance" to kill him, but to the first persons that attacked Souther (that guy with the shotgun), he questioned his other two friends. It was like deep inside he was still not convinced about love since he still looked for his master.

Yes he was a douchebag, but tragic story indeed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 25 Discussion

naikou - Feb 16, 2009

17 by CreamofDaCrop »»
Mar 25, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 31 Discussion

brucescrews - Feb 24, 2012

9 by 0451 »»
Mar 17, 4:43 AM

» Information on this production?

Teirayo - Mar 7

2 by Otakupervert890 »»
Mar 7, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Nov 20, 2008

53 by mtsRhea »»
Feb 28, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 7 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 22, 2012

17 by JapanPsychology »»
Feb 8, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.