Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2010 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the author has a real talent of making us feel bad for the villains.... now i dont want laxus to leave!
Sep 27, 2010 5:20 AM

Aug 2010
Juvia got to be on the same wagon as her Prince Charming... How cute :D
Sep 27, 2010 5:48 AM

Jan 2009
Real touching ending with Laxus there. This felt like a last episode, I'm glad that (unlike Hitman Reborn!) this wasn't the case!
Sep 27, 2010 5:50 AM

May 2008
Gray got a moment an awesome moment. Laxus i knew he would turn to the good side but i guess it wasnt enough to make up for all that he has done. Garjeel as a double agent? or maybe he is a triple cant really trust him now =(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 27, 2010 6:16 AM

Nov 2007
That ep was pretty beautiful, was surprise about the part with Igneel but oh well,
Fantasia truly amazed me in the manga it was allot shorter and it was very pretty to, but mehh they had to cut it off so fast >_<
@greenmush in the manga there is scene where Gajeel and Ivan are talking right after that he gives the note to the master, in the anime it isn't so it seems more confusing.
Sep 27, 2010 6:27 AM

Mar 2010
Miyuku said:
That ep was pretty beautiful, was surprise about the part with Igneel but oh well,
Fantasia truly amazed me in the manga it was allot shorter and it was very pretty to, but mehh they had to cut it off so fast >_<
@greenmush in the manga there is scene where Gajeel and Ivan are talking right after that he gives the note to the master, in the anime it isn't so it seems more confusing.
Not really because there was an extended chapter.
Sep 27, 2010 7:18 AM

Mar 2009
Nice Episode, tbh the part with Laxus at the end was a bit.. touching.. Very nice end of the arc but I guess now are some fillers incoming ._.
Sep 27, 2010 7:40 AM

Jul 2010
Every part is natsu natsu and more natsu , hes the only one thats looking strong in every part even iff its about someone else , like with gray at episode 11 with deliora and then with erza to natsu beats the strongest of them Jellal its almost everytime...
Sep 27, 2010 7:40 AM

Sep 2007
Liked this episode and Laxus is a just a little boy who thought to much of his father who is a jackass.
Sep 27, 2010 7:47 AM
Mar 2010
Great end to the arc and great to see they covered Urtear, Igneel and Ivan.
Sep 27, 2010 8:29 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like they are rushing things.
Definitely seems the end is near, and despite that it looks like there will be a filler next week.
From here on out it's one more arc to go?
Sep 27, 2010 8:46 AM

Sep 2009
QKunai said:
Every part is natsu natsu and more natsu , hes the only one thats looking strong in every part even iff its about someone else
I guess they are slowly trying to show how Natsu is evolving and BAM his true dragon slayer powers will revives

The Laxus scene at the end made my eyes a little damp and the BGM makes it more emotional.
negative1111 said:
now i dont want laxus to leave!
Me neither!!

Really want to know what is up with Jellal/Mystogan thing? As shown, he is not dead. But there is a Jellal look alike which is Mystogan??

For spoilers for the next arc...new opening is required I guess.
ValentilnSep 27, 2010 8:50 AM
Sep 27, 2010 8:49 AM

Jul 2010
I really liked the ending, Natsu was GREAT. The fight was way too short but it was good :) I think Gajeel was pretty usefull this time, but I can't help but suspect that he's a traitor (he said that Masters son doesn't know he's a "double" agent, it could also mean he's tricking Makarov as well)

I liked the Laxus and grandafther part and I loved the whole fantasia thing, really touching even though Laxus is the bad guy.

Wow, we saw IGNEEL! And what was that blue flying thing?
Animefanx3Dec 25, 2012 3:48 AM
Sep 27, 2010 8:52 AM

Feb 2009
<Insert obligatory praise of the music>

Oh, so there's where those scenes/chapters we were looking for. A bit late but it was a good way to place those scenes of Igneel and Ultear. Although these events haven't been touched and resolved in the manga, it's a nice refresher about these unsolved mysteries of FT since we just entered a new arc in the manga.

About the episode, it was ok. It was kinda a lame end for the manga but it was bearable here in the anime. The music really is amazing here. The fight was ok, it kinda returned to the still animations but mostly it was great. The festival was great. Erza looked kinda off though but I like her armor. Lucy and company were beautiful and so is Juvia. Lol at Mira.

I thought we were getting an OP change here but it seems like it's for next week. Now that's a great timing since it's the start of the new arc unlike before where it's in the middle of an arc. But it seems like next episode is one of the chapters skipped before as well as a special chapter. I remember we have some more extra chapters to go as transition before the real start of the arc but it's ok for me. I'm just happy that this will go into the second year.
Sep 27, 2010 9:16 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode. I wonder how many episodes will fairy tail have? So next episode is a filler? I think Juvia is the prettiest girl in the event with Gray. It was so touching at the end. Oh now I miss Laxus ;_;

Sep 27, 2010 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
I think this episode was done rather well, even though they kind of combined a number of chapters into one episode, but it still wasn't too bad.

I see that the reporter is actually going to be in the anime, but didn't he only have like a few panels, and then they were done? From the looks of things, it'll be part filler, which isn't terrible.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 27, 2010 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
I got all happy when the festival started and they were showing everyone. The music was really nice. (':
Ouch. Laxus did deserve it, but now I feel bad for him and I don't want him to go. More Laxus sometime in the future please?

IGNEEL. TALKING TO A BUBBLE.
Hehe, I don't get that part. Igneel's voice is funny. :D

The ending was touching. At first, I never thought of seeing Laxus cry. But I did. (:<
Sep 27, 2010 10:30 AM

Jun 2010
nice festival...em.. fantasia.

and now his grandson been expelled :(
Sep 27, 2010 10:37 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
They made Fantasia so great !! I so wished I was there !!

And even though I read the manga and knew what was gonna happen , I shed 2 tears when everyone raised their hands and Laxus left ;-; So freaking emotional ;-;
Sep 27, 2010 10:52 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode, loved it. The part with everyone pointing up in the air, and Laxus starting to cry got my eyes a little damp. These guy's certainly know when to use the right background music.

Also, the scene when Juvia twirls her finger at the wall, so cute xD
Sep 27, 2010 11:43 AM
Mar 2010
Next episode is canon - was from chapter 104
Sep 27, 2010 12:08 PM

Apr 2010
Aversa said:
Looks like they are rushing things.
Definitely seems the end is near, and despite that it looks like there will be a filler next week.
From here on out it's one more arc to go?

Well, I read a few days ago that it was announced in shonen jump that they've extended Fairy Tail an extra year, so we're not where near the end.

Sep 27, 2010 12:20 PM
Jul 2009
So much to say so little... ability, to say it, what a great episode from fairytail, I want this sereis for keeps. One thing I am glade the series hasn't done, like other anime seiries I could mention, is make an arbutrary out of no where movie. I'm really excited to see whats next for this.
Sep 27, 2010 12:39 PM
Nov 2009
yeah this was originally going to be the last episode but it got a second year so we'll see what they'll do.
Sep 27, 2010 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
Noooooo, Not Laxuuus !! I relaly liked him :( .
The festival was awesome , loved Juvia and Gray's cart xD.
Sep 27, 2010 12:54 PM
Jun 2010
One of my favorite episodes. That festival in the end was awesome.
Sep 27, 2010 1:25 PM

Feb 2009
Ehh another great episode witch left smile on my face ^^
Sep 27, 2010 1:35 PM

Oct 2009
Sep 27, 2010 1:42 PM

Jun 2008
So Fairy Law shows what the person's heart really is?

Maybe we should implant Fairy Law on every TSUNDERE...
Sep 27, 2010 1:52 PM

Feb 2010
This episode..Laxus....manly tears was shed.
Sep 27, 2010 2:11 PM

Feb 2010
Cool festival~!
Very funny and touching moments too~
and More development it seems.
Sep 27, 2010 2:51 PM
Mar 2009
The Laxus scene at the end got me... Damn that was so well done, couldnt help but get teary
Sep 27, 2010 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
alexcampos said:
So Fairy Law shows what the person's heart really is?

Maybe we should implant Fairy Law on every TSUNDERE...

Umm if we know that they are tsunderes there is no point implanting right? and if they are not, well... we all would die
Sep 27, 2010 5:25 PM

Jul 2010
I love Juvia's and Gray's parade float! It's so beautiful!
Sep 27, 2010 5:36 PM

Dec 2007
Miyuku said:

Well, all that extra scene with Gajeel and Ivan does is explain how Laxus is a "dragon slayer", so that we don't have the to buy the "Oh, he's actually been a dragon slayer the entire time but nobody knew" bullshit.

Animefanx3 said:
Oh my?! Don't say that woman killed Jellal or something? Is she controlling him? Since he had glowing marks all over his arms etc?... o.O Creepy xd Go Jellal, kick her butt or something! I hope we'll get to see more Freed, his runes are great :D

No, she didn't and no, she isn't (although she was manipulating him, as was stated). And the glowing marks will be explained.

belatkuro said:
<Insert obligatory praise of the music>

Oh, so there's where those scenes/chapters we were looking for. A bit late but it was a good way to place those scenes of Igneel and Ultear. Although these events haven't been touched and resolved in the manga, it's a nice refresher about these unsolved mysteries of FT since we just entered a new arc in the manga.

Although these scenes were needed, they were badly placed. The Igneel scene would've been better used as the introduction to the next arc, Oracion Seis arc, and the Ultear scene would've been better off at the end of this episode, properly setting the mood for what is to come.

But instead, being wedged in the middle of the conclusion, it interrupted the "happy, lovey-dovey" feelings much like a cock block interrupts good sex, poorly reminding viewers, "Hey, I know you've been really into this buff asshole with the Raiden complex, but remember that douchebag from last arc?"

I thought we were getting an OP change here but it seems like it's for next week. Now that's a great timing since it's the start of the new arc unlike before where it's in the middle of an arc.

Finally!

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Sep 27, 2010 5:42 PM

Mar 2010
so sad... ;(
"It's super milk time!"-Oga Tatsumi

Sep 27, 2010 6:06 PM
Sep 2010
Kazandravk said:

IGNEEL. TALKING TO A BUBBLE.
Hehe, I don't get that part. Igneel's voice is funny. :D

(:<

I think that bubble is the Sky Dragon Grandine... But I really got curious where they are...
Sep 27, 2010 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
Emiko_Chan said:
Juvia got to be on the same wagon as her Prince Charming... How cute :D
Yuck. Juvia x Gray is just. No.

I lol'd at the end, all of them giving Laxus that sign was just too corny. I don't recall the Igneel scene in the manga though.
Sep 27, 2010 7:15 PM

Dec 2007
awesome ass episode, very awesome fights and awesome emotional scenes.

watch my review in detail of this episode here on youtube!
Sep 27, 2010 7:30 PM

Jun 2008
Best fucking episode yet. Whenever I think this series won't be getting better it proves me wrong. I almost want it to end so it doesn't stand a chance of ending up like Bleach and Naruto with stupid fillers to kill it.
Sep 27, 2010 8:24 PM

Oct 2008
Ahh guess the fillers from the manga are kicking in next episode. Oh well, I liked those chapters as well. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 27, 2010 9:25 PM

Feb 2010
Bubble = sparkly XD
Juvia being all shy and all..pacing her finger against the wall = Juvia isnt my fav. character but i admit..her shyness was really adorable in this scene :3
Mummy Natsu and Gajeel = haha
Like what some people said, the anime succeeded in making us sympathize with Laxus and wishing that he wouldnt leave the guild =/ (though i actually felt the same way when reading that part too in the manga)

and finally they showed the part w/ Ultear! Thought they forgot =0

and they animated Fantasia parade so beautifully..I actually wished I went to a parade as spectacular as animated here :) My most fav. part is Erza's performance (though I guess thats because I'm very biased towards her >.>)

but the animation at times seems a little...funny-weird o.O
Sep 27, 2010 9:27 PM

Apr 2009
Laxus' defeat was a little cheap and Makarov's miraculous recovery from death's door was lame. But other than that really good episode, the reason for Fairy Law's failure was great and led to a neat character turn by Laxus. Fantasia was amazing except in an odd coincidence I got something in my eye and teared up because of it. Yes, something in my eyes.
Sep 27, 2010 10:27 PM

Sep 2009
next episode will be filler
but trust me there will be plenty to look forward to ^_^
alsooooo when Laxus cried i nearly cried
i do feel bad for him >.<

Sep 28, 2010 12:05 AM
Sep 2010
Miyuku said:

You got it wrong, it was Gajeel talking to ivan through the paper thing during Fairy Tail battle at the beinging, but then he is actually a spy from makarov sent to spy on his son Ivan, that is when Gajeel gave the note to Makarov we know he is working for Makarov all along. He isn't working for Ivan. He never was. U got the order mixed up
Sep 28, 2010 1:00 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Man, third time crying in this anime. When Laxus was about to send "the message," Makarov did it before him. That part got me. I'm just loving this anime more and more as I keep watching it.

Sep 28, 2010 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
great conclusion this arc was so epic the bar is really high now.
Sep 28, 2010 4:28 AM

Feb 2010
Very great episode. I especially enjoyed Fantasia, very beatiful scenes :) Almost cried there for a moment. Happys Outfit was too cute ^^. Also interesting so see some big movements in the background with Igneel and Ultear.
This series is really getting better with each arc. Curious as to what comes next.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 28, 2010 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
Brilliant episode I loved every second of it. The fight at the start was great, the part with Laxus and the master was really nice (I think even if you hadn't read the manga you probably knew Laxus wasn't truly evil) and the Fantasia parade was awesome too. Unfortunately next week looks like a filler.
Sep 28, 2010 7:28 AM

Aug 2008
this episode was so cutee ><
and heres laxux leave~
i really liked the end of fantasia. was a great idea ^-^

i think in the next episode gonna be a new OP & ED X3
can't wait to episode 49 ^~^

Your life is just little part of this world...

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kradical - Aug 12, 2011

92 by shiroyasha367 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

103 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

186 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.