Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sekirei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 2010 8:37 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
5/5
zimnoSep 12, 2010 6:39 AM
Sep 5, 2010 1:53 PM

Dec 2007
O.O 72 Giga Memory Chip! wow
Sep 5, 2010 3:32 PM
Sep 2009
sad how they took off ( i would say killed off) one of my favorite characters....
Sep 5, 2010 6:47 PM

Dec 2008
I'm officially only sticking to the manga! T_T Now Ima be sad for a loooonnngg time!
Sep 6, 2010 3:09 AM

Jul 2008
I don't think she's dead,just "terminated". (I don't think terminated sekirei are dead.)
Then again they've broken away from where the manga is right now.

I just hope they don't wrap it up this season.

Sep 6, 2010 6:32 AM

Jul 2010
R_asuka said:
I don't think she's dead,just "terminated"

yeah,I agree .
Minato promised her Ashikabi that he will take back Uzume.
Sep 6, 2010 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
I love Uzume. I'm definitely going to miss her.
Sep 6, 2010 11:31 AM

Apr 2008
shit man, things are getting serious. can't wait for the deus ex machina ending where everybody comes back all happy and shit

Sep 6, 2010 12:07 PM
Jun 2010
Omfg, did the anime just kill off Uzume? She's not dead in the manga! Does this mean she'll die in the manga too?!?! That's some huge fucking spoilers for manga readers, it must mean that she'll die in the manga, if she doesn't die in the manga, then the anime is going to be fucked up big time.
Sep 6, 2010 12:15 PM

Apr 2010
I liked this episode.
Matsu hacking Higa's company's system was awesome, and effective in a way.
Tho Higa using such underhanded tactics is just sad.
Speaking of which why did Uzume had to die for such a bastard, and even her Chiho had to suffer for that idiot.
Hope they take him out soon.
Sep 6, 2010 12:18 PM
Jun 2010
Aversa said:
I liked this episode.
Speaking of which why did Uzume had to die for such a bastard, and even her Chiho had to suffer for that idiot.

You liked this episode?!?! I'm guessing you didn't read the manga, because she doesn't die in the manga.
Sep 6, 2010 12:19 PM
Jun 2010
Also, we never got to see her Norito, and how is Uzume going to help Minato's sister now?!
Sep 6, 2010 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
well..despite following the source material faithfully up until this point, they really changed things up quite dramatically, cut this out, put new stuff in...I was hoping it would be pretty straightforward for the story, but I guess they didn't want it to drag on to the point of putting in fillers, but to change something significant completely from the original story...not a good way to go. They better run with their asses set on fire because they've already lit it. (to see things through to the end satisfactory: for those who didn't get that.)
Sep 6, 2010 12:36 PM
Jun 2010
4kicks said:
well..despite following the source material faithfully up until this point, they really changed things up quite dramatically, cut this out, put new stuff in...I was hoping it would be pretty straightforward for the story, but I guess they didn't want it to drag on to the point of putting in fillers, but to change something significant completely from the original story...not a good way to go. They better run with their asses set on fire because they've already lit it. (to see things through to the end satisfactory: for those who didn't get that.)

I think the mangaka might have told the animators that Uzume would die in the manga, that would be the ONLY reason why they kill off Uzume, if they were that far as to change from the manga by killing off one significant character when it never happened in the manga, would make the animators look really bad.
Sep 6, 2010 12:50 PM

Dec 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
Also, we never got to see her Norito, and how is Uzume going to help Minato's sister now?!

Just for the record, you're wrong.

And the animators are always given rights to change a few things in the anime itself, it has nothing to do with the mangaka saying character X is going to die in the future.
They most probably killed her off so that they can have a way to end the season, who knows, by saving Chiho probably. So that they wouldnt necessarily have to make a new season. Because if they went with the third rounds fights and ChihoxUzume arc this season would be reeeaaalllyyy long.
Sep 6, 2010 1:06 PM

Sep 2008
HEY GUYS!
Bitch about it being different from the manga, please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2010 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Raigeki1993 said:
Aversa said:
I liked this episode.

You liked this episode?!?! I'm guessing you didn't read the manga, because she doesn't die in the manga.
Nope i didn't read the manga, i am planning on reading it.
It's also not unusual for the anime to be different then the manga.
And from what i can tell after reading the posts here this is the first time they really changed dramatically from the manga, so there will probably be a different story in the anime now compared to the manga.
Sep 6, 2010 1:23 PM
Jun 2010
sarroush said:
Raigeki1993 said:

And the animators are always given rights to change a few things in the anime itself, it has nothing to do with the mangaka saying character X is going to die in the future.
They most probably killed her off so that they can have a way to end the season, who knows, by saving Chiho probably. So that they wouldnt necessarily have to make a new season. Because if they went with the third rounds fights and ChihoxUzume arc this season would be reeeaaalllyyy long.

Oh right, my mistake. Yeah, I know that they would need something to close season 2 with. But, would that still mean that Uzume would die in the manga as well?
Sep 6, 2010 1:43 PM

Apr 2010
Raigeki1993 said:
sarroush said:
Raigeki1993 said:

Oh right, my mistake. Yeah, I know that they would need something to close season 2 with. But, would that still mean that Uzume would die in the manga as well?
There is a possibility, but it truly depends on the mangaka.
Sep 6, 2010 2:03 PM
Nov 2009
RIP U-Chan Q_Q
Sep 6, 2010 2:28 PM
Jan 2010
Why couldn't they just stick to the manga.
Sep 6, 2010 2:32 PM

Jul 2008
zimno said:
R_asuka said:
I don't think she's dead,just "terminated"

yeah,I agree .
Minato promised her Ashikabi that he will take back Uzume.

^Yeah,so let's hope for a My-Hime like happy ending. (My-Hime happens to be one of my favorites.)

As for the manga,they've broken away from it already.
Anime's doesn't have to follow the manga and there are also instances where the mangaka doesn't want that.
like in FMA and Bund..

Sep 6, 2010 2:58 PM
Jun 2010
I think Chiho will die as well, because if she does live, what can she do? She can't live at the Inn, well she can, but it's going to be difficult, she'll be the only normal human out of the Ashikabi and the Sekireis, she can't go outside by herself because she doesn't have any money, her parents are dead, I doubt she will get money fast enough from jobs to stay at a hotel
Sep 6, 2010 3:24 PM

Dec 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
I think Chiho will die as well, because if she does live, what can she do? She can't live at the Inn, well she can, but it's going to be difficult, she'll be the only normal human out of the Ashikabi and the Sekireis, she can't go outside by herself because she doesn't have any money, her parents are dead, I doubt she will get money fast enough from jobs to stay at a hotel

Well unless the producers decide to take some crazy risks and say " ALRIGHT! OFF TO THE FINAL MATCH! KARASUBA VS MUSUBI" And Musubi wins and brings Uzume back..If that happened...I would give my favourite anime a 0 not a 1. Specially since right now Musubi doesn't even stand a chance against Karasuba.
I'm pretty sure Miya would let her stay without paying the rent, since she deeply cared for Uzume, I doubt she'd let her Ashikabi on the streets w/o aplace to stay.
Sep 6, 2010 4:10 PM
Jun 2010
sarroush said:
Raigeki1993 said:

Well unless the producers decide to take some crazy risks and say " ALRIGHT! OFF TO THE FINAL MATCH! KARASUBA VS MUSUBI" And Musubi wins and brings Uzume back..If that happened...I would give my favourite anime a 0 not a 1. Specially since right now Musubi doesn't even stand a chance against Karasuba.
I'm pretty sure Miya would let her stay without paying the rent, since she deeply cared for Uzume, I doubt she'd let her Ashikabi on the streets w/o aplace to stay.

Well, I know Miya would let her stay, but it's like if I were Chiho, I wouldn't feel comfortable and stuff, because I'm a normal human being that isn't suppose to associate with sekireis and ashikabi because I am out of the game when Uzume is gone, it would just feel weird and awkward. I would feel out of place, I'm trying to explain this as much as I can, but I can't find the words I'm looking for!! >.<"

Or maybe, she'll stay in MBI hospital forever getting those treatments, because I'm sure she won't have a incurable disease, all of a sudden be cured, that's just insane. Well, at least I think it's an incurable disease because she had it since she was born.

Oh yeah, I just remembered something, Chiho IS going to die, they stated that Chiho would still die under Higa's treatment, the treatment is suppose to slow the illness down, I'm not sure which chapter/episode it's from, but I am sure they said that.

What sickness do you think she has? From when she was born she had it... and it can kill her... OMG, AIDS?! AIDS seems the most reasonable, you can live a long time under treatment, but does it cripple you? Meh, dunno.
Raigeki1993Sep 6, 2010 4:14 PM
Sep 6, 2010 4:13 PM

Jul 2009
I just HATE those typical smiling bastard guy..pointing out at Higa-douchebag

Can Minato once act cool? i mean he has so many single digits..and he is genius, this is one point i wish the lead can act EMO sometimes and beat that Higa's sekirei errr..rape them beforehand and terminated them
Sep 6, 2010 4:16 PM
Jun 2010
Laevantein said:
I just HATE those typical smiling bastard guy..pointing out at Higa-douchebag

Can Minato once act cool? i mean he has so many single digits..and he is genius, this is one point i wish the lead can act EMO sometimes and beat that Higa's sekirei errr..rape them beforehand and terminated them

That would turn this manga really dark and it would mean that it's possible for other Ashikabi to rape Minato's sekireis, and I'm sure no one wants that. It doesn't matter if Minato's sekireis are strong, they CAN be beaten, and once they are, they can be raped easily, so I really don't like your idea, go read Wolf Guy or something.
Sep 6, 2010 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
^Dude it's just a joke, why so angry? and why so serious? lol
And this is anime dude, not manga..discuss manga in manga section

For your discussion, so what if Minato's sekirai can be defeated? it just means the Ashikabi need to do something, and i'm sure Minato will be able to utilized their power to the fullest, he just need to be more serious, one Higa or two will means nothing

Oh yeah i do plan to read the Wolf Guy, thanks for reminding me
LaevanteinSep 6, 2010 4:41 PM
Sep 6, 2010 4:28 PM

Nov 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
HEY GUYS!

This. At least i can ask in here since everyone wants to talk about it so much; what chapter of the manga does it faithfully follow to? Send me a tell.

As far as the episode it was good, and i didn't really expect that 'dramatic' of a death. At least it seems like Minato has one more reason to actually fight. Only bad thing i can think of is how she got stabbed to death and didn't receive a single scratch. Internal bleeding much?

Enraged Matsu was very enjoyable. ;)
Sep 6, 2010 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
HEY GUYS!

Yes, I'm disappointed that it's different from the manga, but this just made me realize that the season will be 12 episodes long, even though they don't mention it.

ALSO, for those of you that want the REAL STORY, read the manga.

I like the anime, but it's obviously different.
Sep 6, 2010 6:23 PM
Apr 2010
this series just lost a few points in my book they should have stuck to the manga

this is a stupid turn of events #10 didnt even get her crest taped and the words said she just got stabbed so right there they changed something important

and from now on it will be its own stand alone series so it wont be related to the manga since they skipped a bunch and passed were the manga is at

and now the girl is in a critical state i wonder what the manga will do
Sep 6, 2010 7:28 PM

Jul 2008
Stop fucking bitching about it being different from the manga before seeing how it unfold.

Man I can't beleive how many people here are idiots, yes being diferent than the manga can be a bad thing but you can't say that it will be bad before seeing it through the end. After the serie end, you'll be free to bitch however you please.

And another note, stop fucking bitching in the anime discution thread, if you aren't happy about it then take a rope and make yourself taller in your room.
Sep 6, 2010 7:54 PM
Sep 2009
Dandere-chan said:
Stop fucking bitching about it being different from the manga before seeing how it unfold.

Man I can't beleive how many people here are idiots, yes being diferent than the manga can be a bad thing but you can't say that it will be bad before seeing it through the end. After the serie end, you'll be free to bitch however you please.

And another note, stop fucking bitching in the anime discution thread, if you aren't happy about it then take a rope and make yourself taller in your room.

u mean fly...u might mislead the short people ahahhaha
Sep 6, 2010 8:43 PM

Jun 2008
Dandere-chan said:

I think people have the right to bitch about the anime being different than the manga if they want to.

I mean C'mon, everyone does it, why do you think FILLERS are so unpopular, and are always HATED on.

and besides, no one likes it when the anime follows the manga chapter by chapter, and then decides to deviate because the season is coming to an end.

ALSO, they could have done something different, they didn't have to "eliminate" Uzume, I understand that the season is going to end and therefore they have to end the anime, and obviously the manga is still going, but this is a very DRASTIC and BIG difference compared to the manga.

Although, I DO AGREE with you that we shouldn't automatically call this a failure before the end.
Sep 6, 2010 8:54 PM
Feb 2009
damee i knew there was something going CHiho and Uzume, :P but anyways this episode was a bummer.
Sep 6, 2010 9:06 PM

Jul 2008
alexcampos said:
Dandere-chan said:

I think people have the right to bitch about the anime being different than the manga if they want to.

I mean C'mon, everyone does it, why do you think FILLERS are so unpopular, and are always HATED on.

and besides, no one likes it when the anime follows the manga chapter by chapter, and then decides to deviate because the season is coming to an end.

ALSO, they could have done something different, they didn't have to "eliminate" Uzume, I understand that the season is going to end and therefore they have to end the anime, and obviously the manga is still going, but this is a very DRASTIC and BIG difference compared to the manga.

Although, I DO AGREE with you that we shouldn't automatically call this a failure before the end.

Well I agree that the change were drastic but then what of it? Were you expecting them to make change and return to the manga storyline latter? No it won't happen and wouldn't have happened even if Uzume wouldn't have been terminated.

Once they stop to follow the manga they won't return to it and the reason is simple: because the added developement can be bad for the actual story. These guy aren't in cooperation with the mangaka, why would he tell them how to finish the story he did not finished himself?

As for filler being unpopular it depend on the show, I get the feeling that Bleach's and Naruto's filler ruined the whole image of filler. Some of them are actually good. Add to that that a lot of person are using the word filler uncorrectly you cannot use filler being unpopular as an argument.

Yes you have the right to bitch, but bitching this early is really stupid. It's like a spoiled child that want his favorite meal and don't want to taste anything else.
Sep 6, 2010 9:11 PM
Feb 2010
Bad episode.... terminating a character with huge consequences in the Round 3 battles? This could be a sign of total change in plot. Ah... forget it... just look at the anime as standalone, anyways S2 from the start was way weird. They didn't even need to place any fillers like the Kazehana Winging in the first place cos they were so far away from the manga.

Just looking at the anime alone, terminating Uzume was a very BAD idea. Cos there could have been so much potential to bring her back to Izumo Inn's side and have a more pleasant time there. But now it's over. Unless the Sekirei Plan actually ends and all Sekireis were resurrected. But would they still be able to return to their Ashikabis? Cos the reward of the Sekirei plan is to "be able to stay with your Ashikabi forever". Doesn't make sense if the losers can stay with their Ashikabis as well rite?

And the memory card..... what does it signify?

sarroush said:
Raigeki1993 said:

Eh.... Chiho has an incurable illness so I dun think she can stay at Izumo Inn (unless she is miraculously cured).
DunkjoeSep 6, 2010 9:22 PM
Sep 6, 2010 9:46 PM

May 2009
Manga, manga, manga, manga...

Alright, it's out of my system. Anyways, that Higa is a f'ing bastard and I hope he gets what he deserves in the end. Too bad Uzume didn't just have her moved to the MBI hospital early on. Oh well. RIP.
Sep 6, 2010 10:22 PM

Jun 2010
Dont know its been mentioned already but technically speaking the manga and anime fully got divided after Himuras winging, only thing close to canon was Matsu's explanation of the Sekirei Plan and the discovery of the Sekirei, and of course certain things were left out of that that the manga showed and the anime didnt. Of course the anime to this point has already had some filler material in it, but nothing that made the plot different as a whole.

So yea basically chapter 68 is when Homura has been winged and is back home getting treated, so from chapter 69 onwards the anime took its own route.

Oh and remember the term 'terminated' just refers to the loser sekirei that are removed from the game and are held, basically losers go to the bench and aren't heard of until the end, what happens at the end is anyone's guess, manga or anime. So no deaths, for example the Disciplinary Squad leader has been attacking other Sekirei and leaving them in critical state where they are removed and treated.
Sep 6, 2010 10:30 PM
Jun 2009
Dandere-chan said:

I actually am upset about this but not just because its different. its the way its different. in the manga they play more on the whole thing of uzume being held under higa's control and they have a few more battles and this particle point is leading to an all out war between the two sides *north and east* to save chiho. i just find it really in bad tastes to eliminate her and lose that part of the story. I mean i enjoyed FMA even though it didnt follow the manga well at all.
Sep 6, 2010 11:09 PM

Jan 2010
is Chiho gonna die? and whats with that memory card thing that Higa holding.
Sep 6, 2010 11:54 PM

Nov 2008
angelei28 said:
is Chiho gonna die? and whats with that memory card thing that Higa holding.

I would guess that it more than likely contains information on the treatment of Chiho.
Sep 7, 2010 12:43 AM

Jul 2009
This was like a kick in the balls to manga readers. Lol, funny how the chapter coming up involves Uzume.
Sep 7, 2010 3:27 AM

Feb 2010
lol this show is offical ruined for me after this episode....
Sep 7, 2010 5:11 AM

Jun 2008
Dandere-chan said:

Well I agree that the change were drastic but then what of it? Were you expecting them to make change and return to the manga storyline latter? No it won't happen and wouldn't have happened even if Uzume wouldn't have been terminated.

Once they stop to follow the manga they won't return to it and the reason is simple: because the added developement can be bad for the actual story. These guy aren't in cooperation with the mangaka, why would he tell them how to finish the story he did not finished himself?

OK, back in 2008 when they aired the first season, they decided to "end" it at a point where they could come back, 2 years later (2010) they were able to come back and follow the story almost right where they left it.

But now that they did this, it's almost impossible for them to come back, this will be the end, I'm just disappointed because one day the manga will end, and whatever the TRUE ENDING is we probably won't see it animated.

The fact is that of all the anime out there, only a SELECT FEW will ever end properly the way the manga ended, for example (Death Note, FMA, and Monster).

Bleach and Naruto may have their INCREDIBLE BAD FILLERS, and they may seem never ending, but eventually they will end and the good thing about them is that the anime will end the way the manga ends.

All I'm saying is that the majority of people can realize that the manga is almost always better than the anime, and we all wish that we could see the ending of anime the way the manga ends.

An anime-only end can sometimes back fire and have a bad taste on fans for example (Elfen Lied, Claymore, Tsubasa Chronicle, and Many, MANY more).
Sep 7, 2010 5:16 AM

Sep 2007
For Claymore, that was a bad end...
But actually, what they do with the death of Uzuma was good ...
Emotionnal and other things ...
I just want to see what they will do in the future but actually ...
That was a good development.
Sep 7, 2010 5:27 AM

Apr 2009
Well now I certainly was not expecting this. What a twist!
Sep 7, 2010 5:42 AM

Oct 2008
Confirmed no season 3 =(

@Episode
Goodbye U-cyan.
The part about taking Chiho to the MBI hospital reminded me of the recent manga chapter @_@
But meh, guess it ain't happening.

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Sep 7, 2010 8:03 AM

Dec 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
sarroush said:
Raigeki1993 said:

Well, I know Miya would let her stay, but it's like if I were Chiho, I wouldn't feel comfortable and stuff, because I'm a normal human being that isn't suppose to associate with sekireis and ashikabi because I am out of the game when Uzume is gone, it would just feel weird and awkward. I would feel out of place, I'm trying to explain this as much as I can, but I can't find the words I'm looking for!! >.<"

Or maybe, she'll stay in MBI hospital forever getting those treatments, because I'm sure she won't have a incurable disease, all of a sudden be cured, that's just insane. Well, at least I think it's an incurable disease because she had it since she was born.

Oh yeah, I just remembered something, Chiho IS going to die, they stated that Chiho would still die under Higa's treatment, the treatment is suppose to slow the illness down, I'm not sure which chapter/episode it's from, but I am sure they said that.

What sickness do you think she has? From when she was born she had it... and it can kill her... OMG, AIDS?! AIDS seems the most reasonable, you can live a long time under treatment, but does it cripple you? Meh, dunno.

In the manga I doubt she's going to die since MBI has the cure they are looking for. If they take that side of the manga and Minato finds a way to transfer Chiho to MBI then no, she won't die. Oh well, we gotta wait for the next epis.
Sep 7, 2010 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
Uzume terminated... Hope she'll come back someday.

Lol @ evil Matsu xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this the best animated show from Seven Arcs?

Karma1100 - Feb 7, 2023

6 by Karma1100 »»
Feb 8, 2023 10:45 AM

» sekirei season 3?

Cherrybottom34 - Jan 16, 2014

14 by Sekire88 »»
Feb 2, 2023 7:37 AM

» What manga chapter does the anime end at?

Yvese - Jul 8, 2012

5 by KuroHoshi69 »»
Sep 24, 2022 4:58 PM

Poll: » Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tracma - Sep 25, 2010

139 by NoviSun »»
Sep 22, 2022 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 25, 2010

63 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 17, 2022 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.