Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2010 11:07 PM

Jul 2009
I really didn't want to end up with Saeko so I didn't enjoy this episode this much. Especially since it revealed things about Saeko I liked and then things I didn't.

You know what's probably the worst? Even thought they had this episode he'll still end up with Rei.

Well, that's good for me because I want them to but not for Saeko fans I guess.
Aug 29, 2010 11:12 PM

Nov 2008
Yes, they did take this out of order compared to the manga, but I believe that is due to the time constraints of there being only 3 episodes left for the season.

Papa_GAug 30, 2010 11:36 PM
Aug 29, 2010 11:14 PM

Dec 2009
WTF!?! 12 episodes only? DAMN!!!!! a lot of things could still happen. Anyways let's just see how things unfold along the way.
Aug 29, 2010 11:26 PM

Jan 2010
JOTAKU said:
Awesome episode. This episode made me like Saeko even more =)
Saeko FTW!

Liked this episode. Saeko <3
Aug 29, 2010 11:30 PM

Dec 2009
Lelouch101 said:
Episode 9 was awesome, Takashi and Saeko make a great couple but what he said in the end about accepting her darkness so he could survive killed the romantic mood somewhat.

But still I think Takashi does care deeply for Saeko. Even if he accepted her darkness to survive he was still able to understand her pain and I don't believe he lied when he said he said the part about admiring her despite her flaws.

agreed that takashi and saeko makes the best couple outta the choices.
i dont think the "acceptin her darkness" killed the mood, but who knows.. im a freak lol
Aug 29, 2010 11:38 PM
Aug 2010
D-Un1t said:

agreed that takashi and saeko makes the best couple outta the choices.
i dont think the "acceptin her darkness" killed the mood, but who knows.. im a freak lol

Personally i thought it was kinda wrong because of what takashi said at the end of the ep.
Basically straight up admitting that he said those sweet words to saeko in order to use her to survive.
Aug 29, 2010 11:48 PM
Jul 2010
Producers get the chance to create an alternate plot because the anime is only based on the manga. So they sometimes go with the playerbase's preference.

And we know for sure here, that the preference is Saeko > Rei. So they must've just taken that "statistic" and made the temple scene more erm... enjoyable for viewers since they can read the manga for a different plot anyway...

As a side note -
Aug 29, 2010 11:53 PM

Dec 2007
zimno said:
Oooooooooooouch! ><

4/5

lol Saeko is wet ;o
Aug 29, 2010 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
wrong, no, Saeko doesn't get to kiss takashi (and what ever else supposedly happened in the shrine). This is exactly what I was afraid of at the beginning, having read the manga ahead, and realizing that they were following it pretty much exactly, with only 12 eps there's no way they could do it without starting to change things near the end. I really liked the manga, it's so hard to separate it and love the anime for what it is independant of it's manga. It was a good ep though I guess, some awesome sword fights. but man did it ever seem like a pointless adventure when they were originally so close to the mansion and got separated for absolutely no reason.
Aug 30, 2010 12:03 AM

Mar 2009
zimno said:
Oooooooooooouch! ><

my own boob started to hurt when i saw that lol; poor saeko :'(

i personally disliked this episode because
1. takashi screwed saeko

takashi is a penis >:(

but this episode made me like saeko even more ;D
Aug 30, 2010 12:15 AM

Mar 2010
He squeezed the hell out of her........
Aug 30, 2010 12:17 AM

Mar 2010
zimno said:
Oooooooooooouch! ><

4/5

where'd you find this uncensored version?
Aug 30, 2010 12:19 AM

Jan 2009
There is no sex scene, nor a kiss in the manga between Takashi and Saeko:

Page 20: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/v04/c017/20.html

Page 21: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/v04/c017/21.html

EtherSword said:
I don't think there was a sex scene, at least some of the manga readers said that though. But if the anime added that or whatever, I don't mind since Saeko is the best female character on the anime. But I'm really sure they kissed though, I know he hasn't kissed Rei and he had lots of opportunities to do so so I don't have to worry about her being in the way anymore.

Takashi and Rei have kissed, in the manga and the anime.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/v02/c006/29.html

I thought the "We shouldn't go any further" was quite obvious as to what they did before he said that, and why he got a hard-on.
Aug 30, 2010 12:19 AM

Jul 2010
I LOL'd when Saeko said she was getting wet from killing the zombies. Seriously?

Aug 30, 2010 12:30 AM
Jul 2009
LadyOrihime said:
There is no sex scene, nor a kiss in the manga between Takashi and Saeko:

Page 20: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/v04/c017/20.html

Page 21: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/v04/c017/21.html

EtherSword said:
I don't think there was a sex scene, at least some of the manga readers said that though. But if the anime added that or whatever, I don't mind since Saeko is the best female character on the anime. But I'm really sure they kissed though, I know he hasn't kissed Rei and he had lots of opportunities to do so so I don't have to worry about her being in the way anymore.

Takashi and Rei have kissed, in the manga and the anime.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/v02/c006/29.html

I thought the "We shouldn't go any further" was quite obvious as to what they did before he said that, and why he got a hard-on.

The manga looks much more innocent. Though the anime seemed to imply a lot. How they rearranged the scenes make it really weird.

She went from Saeko to Psycho.
abandoned2014Aug 30, 2010 12:39 AM
Aug 30, 2010 12:37 AM

Jan 2009
mangos said:
wrong, no, Saeko doesn't get to kiss takashi (and what ever else supposedly happened in the shrine). This is exactly what I was afraid of at the beginning, having read the manga ahead, and realizing that they were following it pretty much exactly, with only 12 eps there's no way they could do it without starting to change things near the end. I really liked the manga, it's so hard to separate it and love the anime for what it is independant of it's manga. It was a good ep though I guess, some awesome sword fights. but man did it ever seem like a pointless adventure when they were originally so close to the mansion and got separated for absolutely no reason.

Director didn't want the Takashi/Saeko fans to feel left out . Just a little Takashi/Saeko fanservice ;)

But this fantasy that they had sex, and they cut it? Errr...That came out of nowhere (  ̄д ̄;)

Spoiler for chapters...
Aug 30, 2010 12:38 AM
Jun 2010
Motivational boob grab FTW!
Aug 30, 2010 12:39 AM

May 2008
So many masochists =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 30, 2010 12:42 AM

Feb 2009
epic tit grab
Aug 30, 2010 12:45 AM

Sep 2008
Saeko can beat me to death any day and I'd enjoy it.
Way to level up your groping skills though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2010 12:46 AM

Dec 2009
this episode was made of awesomeness... saeko cutting the shit out of the zombies was epic Oo 5/5
yuno6.jpg
Aug 30, 2010 12:49 AM
Jul 2010
Kracksickles said:
Zzz...

Takashi, a man who can get away with breast grabbing by saying pretty words.
zimno said:
Oooooooooooouch! ><

4/5

lol those boobs gonna explode soon!
Aug 30, 2010 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
unlisted said:
The manga looks much more innocent. Though the anime seemed to imply a lot. How they rearranged the scenes make it really weird.

I think one possible reason behind is was because of the animation director for episode 6 of Highschool of the Dead, Masayoshi Tanaka. Not only was this person the animation director of that episode, but he (I'm assuming the guy is a "he" anyway) was also the animation director of episode 25 of Toradora. And if you saw all of Toradora, you must've known about the "highlight" of that last episode. But I digress.

He's also the character designer for both Toradora and Highschool of the Dead. It's possible that depending on the animation director, key animator, or whichever other role someone does that involves animating certain episodes, they can add a unique, personal touch to the way a scene is done. Though I'm speaking in theory.
Aug 30, 2010 12:54 AM

Apr 2010
"I feel so wet!"

Saeko gets horny over killing? New favorite character in Hotd confirmed

Aug 30, 2010 12:55 AM

Nov 2009
I lol'd.
Aug 30, 2010 12:57 AM

Aug 2010
Uhh, you guys... Remember how when they came outside and were wondering what attracted the zombies. Maybe they were doing something inside that involved a lot of, um, screaming.
Aug 30, 2010 12:58 AM

May 2009
nice ep, i was waiting for this ep the most after ep 6 xD Saeko was so much more beautiful than usual *¬* i'm glad they didn't cut out the "I'm getting wet" scene, but what was with the implied sex?? that wasn't part of the manga... with only 3 eps left i could see this ending: Saeko learns the truth behind Takashi's words and then...

NICE BOAT ENDING

would be awesome ~w~
Aug 30, 2010 1:01 AM

Apr 2010
Zennou said:
Uhh, you guys... Remember how when they came outside and were wondering what attracted the zombies. Maybe they were doing something inside that involved a lot of, um, screaming.

Yeah, that and Saeko fixing her skirt makes there be 0% chance it wasn't sex.

----
"Episode 9 was awesome, Takashi and Saeko make a great couple but what he said in the end about accepting her darkness so he could survive killed the romantic mood somewhat."

Well, what do you expect him to do? If someone told you that they killed someone out of enjoyment before, wouldn't you likely not accept them? But shes the strongest fighter of their group, so he can't just abandon her. Its all about survival in a zombie outbreak. You have to make the choices which will give you the best chance to survive.
RyanSaotomeAug 30, 2010 1:06 AM

Aug 30, 2010 1:16 AM

Apr 2008
what the ... o-ollll

Aug 30, 2010 2:01 AM
Aug 2010
This epi was great! I even like Saeko more! She rocks!=D
Aug 30, 2010 2:03 AM
Aug 2010
Honestly?

That decides it...I'm going to the kendo club to find a gf.

Saeko is the best ever...ever...EVER. Its like they took everything I've ever wanted in a women and animated her, since she'll never truly exist LOL. I'm sure many others feel the same way.

I was all smiling and stuff at the end when Takashi and Saeko come walking up like a couple. I was happy he picked the one with intelligence. Then he goes and eff's up the entire episode with that last line... >.>.... Please don't tell me hes gonna pick the helpless girl.... The other girls are cool, but they have nothing on Saeko.
Aug 30, 2010 2:08 AM

Jan 2008
that poor little kid got a SHOTGUN TO THE FACE. awesome.
saeko. awesome.
need more.
Aug 30, 2010 2:08 AM

Jan 2009
Oh... I see what they did thar.
So to make it possible to end this in 12 episodes, they decided to put chapter 17 here instead, eh?
(Loved ch17 btw, Saeko <3)
Though I'm kind of annoyed at the deviation plotwise which automatically occured by putting this here instead. (I mean... It's not like they're supposed to get that amphibian now >.>)
Aversa said:
They skipped the sex scene!!

And instead, they add some exaggerated boob grabbing which just looks perverted unlike how it should've been.

Anyway, still no bus.
Oh and Saya's dad next time : D
OosranSep 1, 2010 1:03 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 30, 2010 2:11 AM

Jul 2010
Great episode, Saeko is my favorite character in the entire show and this just made me like her even more, was a bit worried that the whole speech about her dark side might of been changed between manga and anime and was glad to see it made the swap almost totally unchanged. Also I lol'ed at the I'm wet part before the EP.
Aug 30, 2010 2:13 AM
Mar 2008
He really had to say that last line, didn't he? What a dick =/
Saeko >>>> *
Aug 30, 2010 2:25 AM

Aug 2010
draker said:
Saeko >>>> *

We all know he has a huge hard on for rei, but i agree that line really rubbed me the wrong way.
Aug 30, 2010 2:36 AM

Dec 2007
This episode made me love Saeko even more, and wow Takashi seriously?
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Aug 30, 2010 3:02 AM
Oct 2008
MomeRath said:
draker said:
Saeko >>>> *

We all know he has a huge hard on for rei, but i agree that line really rubbed me the wrong way.

This could just be wishful thinking but perhaps Takashi was just telling himself that he did it "to survive" is because deep inside he's confused about who he truly loves more between Saeko and Rei. Takashi did ask Saeko about her love life out of nowhere, but technically speaking he is with Rei at the moment so maybe he was just telling himself those words to try to justify his inner guilt of cheating on Rei in this episode.

Besides, in a way Rei seems using Takashi in order for her survival too since she trusts him and likewise Takashi wants Saeko to live so he can survive and the main reason for that is because he knows that Saeko is one of the most dependable people among the group, which proves he trusts her.

So my point is maybe there is more to the meaning of that last line than we all think, hopefully the upcoming episodes will show more development between Takashi and Saeko

Zombie_TakashiAug 30, 2010 3:11 AM
Aug 30, 2010 3:04 AM

Jul 2010
Everyone talking about the boob ...

How about talk about the killing scenes?!? NOW :)
Aug 30, 2010 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
Saeko doing some badass fighting there
Kracksickles said:
Zzz...

Takashi, a man who can get away with breast grabbing by saying pretty words.

This XP

Also LOL at the fighting scene
Aug 30, 2010 3:24 AM

Jun 2009
The best episode ever...and better than in the manga XDD
an episode of HOTD without the bitch Rei really good after all,,,

They were kissing right or they've finally done it =3
IZUMI64Aug 30, 2010 3:42 AM
Aug 30, 2010 3:28 AM

Feb 2010
this episode = win
Aug 30, 2010 3:49 AM

Apr 2009
Recap:

+ Saeko's true nature revealed. Interest +50
+ Hinted Seako x Komuro. Good, good
+ Bare minimum of Rei, Takagi and more importantly: Shizuka
+ Non-projectile action
+ Milder than usual fanservice, which suits me just fine
+ *cough* Nice Komuro "heroics"
- Unfortunate lack of Hirano
--------------------------

Conclusion: Very pleased

- Lith.
Aug 30, 2010 3:50 AM
Feb 2010
Okay, no long highlights part for this EP because EVERY scene with Saeko in it can be described with 1 word: Godly.
I lol'd at this part:

Overall score: 10(m)/10

(The ED is quite cheerful in this one.....but...not as good as the last one)
KoisolaAug 30, 2010 5:27 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Aug 30, 2010 3:53 AM

Aug 2010
Saeko wa Saiko!!!
Aug 30, 2010 3:53 AM

Oct 2009
At the end he states that he did it just to survive hmm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2010 4:08 AM

Feb 2009
One of my favorite chapters...went very different from what I imagined. With this chapter being placed here, it seriously screws up the next events to happen. They weren't supposed to get that amphibious vehicle and most importantly, Saeko's sword, yet. Where did she get that anyway? >.>

But what the heck, the episode is all about Saeko(voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki) so it's pure win!! Boob grabbing and Saeko's wet line are kinda off though. And what is with the fade to black before it when morning? Implied happenings? That didn't happen in the manga. Maybe that's why "They" arrived at the shrine, they were too noisy lol =P.

So we get the lotion part, Takagi's dad and more drama next time. I hope the issues about the vehicle and the sword get sorted out in the next episodes. Now waiting for my final favorite part of the manga which involves a group of people.
belatkuroAug 30, 2010 4:12 AM
Aug 30, 2010 4:19 AM

Jun 2009
Even though all those changes, it was pretty good(Wait... kiss? Why, how? щ(゚Д゚щ). But i feel it's gonna hurt plot later, i mean, they were supposed to meet at the mall. Then again, this increases chances for ending before right before mall arc.

Also, why did they add this Takashi's line at the end? They're making a dick out of him. щ(゚Д゚щ) Wich means Manga Takashi> Anime Takashi.

And animated Saeko is priceless so...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 30, 2010 4:19 AM
Jul 2010
My opinion -

The great :
Character Relations between Komuro & Saeko
The good :
Fight scenes
Random Fan service which is to be honest, better than usual
The bad :
The way Takashi stated he only did it to "Survive"

Is it me or is Takashi a dick? >=|
Aug 30, 2010 4:25 AM

Jul 2010
Saeko was epic! One of my top favorite characters of anime.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.