Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2010 9:00 AM

Aug 2010
Here's hoping for an OVA to cover what happened that night.
Aug 30, 2010 9:03 AM

Jul 2009
IZUMI64 said:
Laevantein said:
^Isn't it a good thing that the male lead has a flaw?, it will be more realistic..ugh maybe, though the teacher's boobs is beyond realistic, if it means to save my own live i will do the same, and beside Saeko seems to enjoying it too, to me it's a win-win situation, he nail the girl = he lives, nothing wrong with staying alive even more people will despise him XD

even it's true
what relation nail a girl with the surviving? XDDD
are they trying to be Adam and Eve? =3
Well he need Saeko to stay focus does he?, and by nailing her or "comforting" her by all means reducing her doubts so she can start making a way for them to escape
Aug 30, 2010 9:03 AM

Feb 2009
Synx7 said:
Copy-pastah scene from the manga:

I choose anime part in this scene, Saeko in color <3. And I like her face more in the second picture. Though the sparkling was kinda unnecessary : 3.
Aug 30, 2010 9:05 AM

Sep 2009
I think I'm part of the .5% who likes Rei better than Saeko. Who knows, Komuro in two relationship at once (or at least being hinted at having two relationship at once) doesn't rub the right way with me...especially the "sex to keep me alive" thing. Who knows, at least most people enjoyed it and I'm in the minority. :D

Most importantly, "I'm wet!"
Aug 30, 2010 9:10 AM

Apr 2010
guwndomino212 said:
IZUMI64 said:
Synx7 said:

Btw she asked him about if he will tke the responsibility... so they had sex without protection and now she's pregnant? XD

that was fast XD, how great Takashi's seed..
and some misunderstanding I think, if she wants to make Takashi take responsibility because she had sex with him...
maybe she meant "take the responsibility" here is like "care for Saeko more, and accept her even though she was tainted and has a dark side. Like what he said to her before"

Yea i dun think she was talking about the sex (if they ever did it)

But i think it was when he kinda confessed[?] to saeko in the tit grabbing scene
I think so as well.
He was basically confessing in that scene where he grabbed her breasts, the only thing he didn't say was "i love you" but besides that he did a perfect confession.
Aug 30, 2010 9:15 AM

Jun 2009
IZUMI64 said:
and some misunderstanding I think, if she wants to make Takashi take responsibility because she had sex with him...
maybe she meant "take the responsibility" here is like "care for Saeko more, and accept her even though she was tainted and has a dark side. Like what he said to her before"
Yeah, it something among those lines. Takashi said he accepts her now matter how tainted she is. So she want him to be with her through rest of that apocalypse. Or something like that... ┐('~`;)┌
OrochiPLAug 30, 2010 9:18 AM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 30, 2010 9:18 AM
Jun 2008
Saeko is the best. She is definitely the hottest. The boob grab was hilarious.

Although...that "I'm Wet!" moment was over the top and made me raise my brows. Then again, there are so many things about this Anime that is over the top. That's not the first and I bet it's not the last.

I don't know why they have this series at just 12 episodes though. I hate it when they follow the Manga only to stray and make up Anime-exclusive endings. It pisses me off. I'd rather have an inconclusive Manga-faithful Anime series, then this. That way, later on down the line, they could make a sequel or something. Or, at least leave something to the imagination with a line that could explain how unpredictable everything would become from here on.
Aug 30, 2010 9:34 AM

Aug 2008
Saeko. <33
I guess it's understandable Komuro was using Saeko to survive.
He even said it himself; not to let him die. Maybe Saeko knows it too.
Aug 30, 2010 9:40 AM

Mar 2009
Saeko is pretty good with inuendo.

" ...you like getting girls wet. " o_O
Aug 30, 2010 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
Saeko is Psycho like me im glad i look forward to my delusions lol

P.S. Saeko is even pronounce like Psycho great!!!
Aug 30, 2010 9:47 AM

Jul 2010
Psycho Saeko FTW! =D

Looks like next ep is gonna be trouble in the house! =O

Aug 30, 2010 9:52 AM

May 2010
Wohoo.. There's an extra scen- Hey, who cut the lights off? :/

Ok.. So Saeko is different from what I'm thinking

but still she's a big + for me after this ep..

Also, Saeko in bloodlust mode is badass..

Takashi uses his manly speech as an excuse to grab.. lol..

"I'm wet." What the hell does that suppose to mean?? O.o

I find the last line confusing.. Can someone enlightened me?
StormViruzAug 30, 2010 9:56 AM
Aug 30, 2010 9:54 AM
Nov 2008
*face/palms* booby grabbing= not cool takashi...not manly either....and NOT ACCORDING TO WHAT I KNOW......ffff....there wasn't anything implying THIS much in manga about Saeko and Takashi...[ *sticks with manga idea about Takashi and Rei* ]
Too much echiness...manga didn't have so much boob grabbing, super-jumping-and-avoiding-the-laws-of-physics boobs...or other stuff....i want the action back..>.<

Hmmm..so Saeko gets wet from killing zombies......................well they pointed that out WELL [ the whole screen..]....oh my..rofllmfao
mel-himeAug 30, 2010 9:57 AM
Aug 30, 2010 10:04 AM

Aug 2010
Saeko-san are you oka....WHOAAA!
And yes I enjoy getting girls wet.
Aug 30, 2010 10:04 AM

Jul 2009
Ergh, it would be fine if I didn't read manga, I guess.

Aug 30, 2010 10:22 AM

May 2009
Sounds like kohta is getting angry next ep.
Aug 30, 2010 10:22 AM

May 2010

this was epic :O

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Aug 30, 2010 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
There is no doubt in my mind that Saeko and Komuro are an "item" now. While neither the manga or the anime actually show the kiss/sex scene, both of them have Saeko ask Komuro to "take responsibility." It didn't make sense at first (because she doesn't say what for) but I did some research and I guess this is a joke in Japan that is used to basically say, "take responsibility for the baby that may result due to this sexual tension."

So even if nothing actually happened, or it was just a kiss, Saeko and Komuro have acknowledge feelings for each other.
Aug 30, 2010 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
ImpalerPT said:
I think you people are misunderstanding what he said in the end.

When he said he accepted it to survive, he means it in terms of:

Accepting everything after the zombie apocalypse, in order to survive.
People who don't accept whats happening end up killing themselves or dying in some stupid way, EXAMPLE: That teacher in ep1, that kills himself etc etc.

So in order for him to survive he had to accept everything that's happening ( thing he was doing since the zombie apocalypse ), killing people, killing kids, robbing, zombie genocide, and other human people *insert Saeko here*

TD;DR he adapted to this new world, else he would not suvive. NOT I nailed her to survive.

my thoughts exactly....& its a Win/Win situation...Fck her & Survive
Aug 30, 2010 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
I think that last line is there just to fck with the viewers....its one of those open-ended things...

would have been nice to know what exactly he meant O_O

...either way, would have done the same thing to SURVIVE a ZOMBIE filled WORLD....
Aug 30, 2010 10:49 AM

Apr 2008
zimno said:
Oooooooooooouch! ><

That's not right. O_O

Up until the last fight, this was an o.k. episode. I felt like Saeko's back story was thrown in at the last minute. The series didn't really hint at her violent tendencies until now. They could have at least shown her smirking or deriving some joy from the fighting during one of the previous episodes. Then again, "subtle" is the last thing one would describe this show as.
Aug 30, 2010 10:59 AM

Jul 2009
kawaiimisato said:
that poor little kid got a SHOTGUN TO THE FACE. awesome.

needs gif
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 30, 2010 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
There is no doubt in my mind that Saeko and Komuro are an "item" now. While neither the manga or the anime actually show the kiss/sex scene, both of them have Saeko ask Komuro to "take responsibility." It didn't make sense at first (because she doesn't say what for) but I did some research and I guess this is a joke in Japan that is used to basically say, "take responsibility for the baby that may result due to this sexual tension."

So even if nothing actually happened, or it was just a kiss, Saeko and Komuro have acknowledge feelings for each other.

That clears it up now.
Aug 30, 2010 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
I just lost a piece of respect for Takashi. O.o
And I never expected him to end up with Saeko!
Even though I like her the best, even if she's a sadist.
The getting wet from slaying zombies was a bit too much though...
Aug 30, 2010 11:08 AM

Feb 2009
PockyBebop said:
zimno said:
Oooooooooooouch! ><

That's not right. O_O

Up until the last fight, this was an o.k. episode. I felt like Saeko's back story was thrown in at the last minute. The series didn't really hint at her violent tendencies until now. They could have at least shown her smirking or deriving some joy from the fighting during one of the previous episodes. Then again, "subtle" is the last thing one would describe this show as.

Umm, they did. I can't give exact episode numbers but I remember a few scenes where it did a close-up on her face and she would smirk. It happened more then one.
Aug 30, 2010 11:11 AM

Sep 2008
QysteiN said:
supersayen said:
This episode is the definition of perfection, we get:

-Boob grab
-Zombie kill
-Wet girl
-Deep moment
-Sex
-Fan service
-Weapon upgrade (from wooden sword to an actual katana)
-Jealous pink haired girl
-Saeko's weakness ­> can't kill children zombies
-Amphibious vehicule
-It was done by Madhouse

there are only 2 things missing so it can become a masterpiece:

-The scene where Rei gets her head exploded or turn into a zombie then Takashi smashes her head with the shotgun

-Hirano Kouta doing his usual pro head shots

They didn't have sex : o

Before ED plays-
Saeko: (Grabs Takashi's hand) "You'll take responsibility, right?"

Are there still middle schoolers in this thread?
Aug 30, 2010 11:45 AM

Aug 2009
Laevantein said:
^Isn't it a good thing that the male lead has a flaw?, it will be more realistic..ugh maybe, though the teacher's boobs is beyond realistic, if it means to save my own live i will do the same, and beside Saeko seems to enjoying it too, to me it's a win-win situation, he nail the girl = he lives, nothing wrong with staying alive even more people will despise him XD

Definitely so, I'd do the same if I were in Takashi's shoes, all the more reason if Saeko accepted it. Getting the chance to make out in a zombie apocalypse is like an oasis out of a infernal desert. Furthermore, what's other than sex that a young man and woman should do if left out alone in such a remote room in such dire situations?

Plus, I believe Saeko asking Takashi to take responsibility is more like urging him to swallow her dark side and accept her than reminding him of their potential baby?
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Aug 30, 2010 11:54 AM

Sep 2009
"I accepted it for me to survive, of course"---> for the 1st time, Takashi seemed intriguing.

Poor Rei.

Kiddie zombies were creepy and the drama was well appreciated.
Aug 30, 2010 12:35 PM

Feb 2009
I personally loved this episode, Saeko x Takashi ftw.
Aug 30, 2010 12:36 PM

Feb 2009
I personally loved this episode, Saeko x Takashi ftw.
Aug 30, 2010 12:45 PM

Mar 2009
Two things:

1.) Just because Komuro is saying that he accepted Saeko's "darkness" in order survive does not mean he used her or doesn't like her. I think he liked her regardless. I think he just recognized that he needed Saeko to survive.

2.) gg has already stated that the last translation is a bit rough, so all of this postulating is rather pointless anyways. He even stated that if there was a v2, it would go something like this:

"I came to terms with her darkness.
Hell…
I came to terms with everything that the end threw at me.
It goes without saying that I had to in order to live."

So unless we have a Japanese expert in the house, let's stop worrying and just enjoy this ridiculous show.
BushidoMusingsAug 30, 2010 12:50 PM
Aug 30, 2010 12:58 PM

Jun 2008
AlexSadist-sama said:
novalis said:
So what, to make Saeko at least partially accept her thrill in killing, Takashi has to grab her breast while he delivers his speech? WTF.

A major WTF moment. That was stupid as hell.

It was so stupid that instead of being in shock, i started laughing like i was watching a comedy. C´mon, wasnt that a bit too much?! they´re surrounded by Zombies, who can kill them at any moment and instead of doing something credible Komuro grabs her boobs?!
what comes next? Saeko and Komuro doing sex in a circle of zombies?!get a room guys...
Komuros´words it was more like : "Saeko, im gonna squeeze your boobs and make you have an orgasm until you decide to live".
first of all, a normal Girl wouldnt react like that, and specially in front of ZOMBIES. God, this could only happen in anime...

And they didnt showed their kiss i wonder WHY? WTF?

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 30, 2010 1:01 PM
Dec 2007
Nureru !

It was a ridiculously over-the-top and epic episode mixed with some very touching scenes and character development also. Probably the best in the series, simply awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 30, 2010 1:03 PM
Jul 2008
Wait a week, get 25 minutes. It's a bad deal. Can barely wait for the next episode!
Aug 30, 2010 1:51 PM
Jul 2010
ImpalerPT said:

People who don't accept whats happening end up killing themselves or dying in some stupid way, EXAMPLE: That teacher in ep1, that kills himself etc etc.

So in order for him to survive he had to accept everything that's happening ( thing he was doing since the zombie apocalypse ), killing people, killing kids, robbing, zombie genocide, and other human people *insert Saeko here*

TD;DR he adapted to this new world, else he would not suvive. NOT I nailed her to survive.

i don't think thats what is implied. He said it in order to suggest that he is using her.Accepting the zombie apocalypse he has already done with all the shit thats happening. he mentioned nothing about the apocalypse and said it directly while looking at her so yeah...
Aug 30, 2010 1:56 PM

Aug 2009
HHHHHNNNNGGGGGG SAEKO!!! *insta-cum*

I was ALREADY in love with Busujima-sama.

That's it, she's now my biggest character-crush EVER.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 30, 2010 2:10 PM

Apr 2010
I KNEW IT.

SAEKO X TAKASHI.

I also still fervently believe this show and manga will end in an all-out orgy between everyone in the group, except of course, for Gun-Boy, who doesn't ever get any. =\

But in any case, loved the episode. I hated the fact that they added the "I'm getting wet" comment, especially since they never implied she got a sexual thrill out of killing people/necrotic ghouls. Then again, why the hell am I complaining? We finally have some character development, despite the lack of any quality or effort put into that development. But it's development.

And I was wondering when Saeko would get an actual katana. She's already got a wood sword to take care of now. ;D *COUGH*TAKASHIPENIS*COUGH*

Fantastic episode overall, 9 out of 10, due to the shitty character development, but scoring well due to the fact they even bothered with character development.

Master of the Lurkin' Godz.
Aug 30, 2010 2:21 PM

Oct 2009
leek said:
And I was wondering when Saeko would get an actual katana. She's already got a wood sword to take care of now. ;D *COUGH*TAKASHIPENIS*COUGH*

lol
but i thought Takashi had a thing for Rei??????
Aug 30, 2010 2:25 PM

Feb 2010
I dunno... i'm actually one of the few ppl who likes rei and takashi better...

So this episode wasn't my cup of tea. And wtf was up with the random boob grabbing?.....?
Aug 30, 2010 2:28 PM

Dec 2009
Aversa said:
guwndomino212 said:
But i think it was when he kinda confessed[?] to saeko in the tit grabbing scene
I think so as well.
He was basically confessing in that scene where he grabbed her breasts, the only thing he didn't say was "i love you" but besides that he did a perfect confession.

It was a good confession. (Perhaps uneccesarily physical, but what the hell...)

And Rei kind of seems like an opportunistic bitch. Hooking up with Rei is only ok in an end-of-the-world scenario. Since she is not yet the last woman on earth, I can hardly blame Takashi for checking out other options. TakashiXSaeko just seems like a better match.
Aug 30, 2010 2:37 PM
Apr 2010
I am wet.
Aug 30, 2010 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
prismheart said:

The fighting was good, but I prefer the boob.
hahahahahahahahah i guess everyone does care the most about that....

Not me ofc o.o = (.)(.) !!!!
Aug 30, 2010 2:47 PM

Dec 2009
After he grabbed it, I was like /dead
The hell, he goes around grabbing breasts and then gets away with it like nothing happened ._.
Aug 30, 2010 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
HOTDxD said:
ImpalerPT said:

i don't think thats what is implied. He said it in order to suggest that he is using her.Accepting the zombie apocalypse he has already done with all the shit thats happening. he mentioned nothing about the apocalypse and said it directly while looking at her so yeah...

Maybe you should re watch the scene is question, and pay attention to the subtitles, also, it's a metaphor, therefore not literal ...and just to back up, read bellow

BushidoMusings said:

2.) gg has already stated that the last translation is a bit rough, so all of this postulating is rather pointless anyways. He even stated that if there was a v2, it would go something like this:

"I came to terms with her darkness.
Hell…
I came to terms with everything that the end threw at me.
It goes without saying that I had to in order to live."

I take my hat out for you sir.
Aug 30, 2010 3:30 PM

Aug 2008
This show even in its most mellow moments is freaking insane. I can't believe a somewhat normal episode devolved into vicious, manipulative breast groping and vaginal fluid secretions from corpse mutilation... oh wait, I've been watching this show for 2 months. Why the hell should I be surprised or appalled by any of this?

This was actually one of my favorite episodes though. I liked that there was some decent conversation and less screaming at teammates over what to do in the heat of battle, or who wants to have sex with who. As for all the zombies showing up, I think the wild nasty sex those two had the night before drew the neighboring zombies. If you're going to have sex during a zombie apocalypse you had better make it quiet gentle sex. And make sure you have somebody standing guard, too. Basic zombie apocalypse sex knowledge right there. You people better be paying attention.

Aug 30, 2010 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, when she said "You will take responsibility, right?" I was like OH MY GOD, HE GOT HER PREGNANT. D:

I agree that the Takashi's last line sounded kinda weird, but I don't think he was using her... Simply cause I don't think that he would be such an ass.

Also, I'm wet... For Saeko! :3
Aug 30, 2010 3:40 PM

Dec 2009
So, the zombies came in the end because of all the moaning Saeko did all night, right?
Aug 30, 2010 3:53 PM

Mar 2009
lol there was no "Sex scene".

Interesting direction they decided to take for the anime vs the manga.

I wonder how they're going to end the anime seeing there are 3 episodes left.
Aug 30, 2010 4:40 PM

Feb 2010
belatkuro said:
novalis said:
So what, to make Saeko at least partially accept her thrill in killing, Takashi has to grab her breast while he delivers his speech? WTF.
It wasn't supposed to be like that. He was supposed to just embrace her. Then when he was getting into the latter parts of his "cheesy" speech, he kind of grabbed her boobs to
stop her trembling. Or was it because Takashi was getting emotional in his speech that he was trembling, I can't remember or interpret how it went. Correct me if I'm wrong :|.

But it didn't really come off like that. For crying out loud, he could have put his arm around her waist, or or even just put his arm across her chest and holding her against him instead of grabbing her breast and squeezing. Plus, that shit can hurt, especially if you have big breasts. It's like grabbing a guy's testicles and squeezing hard. That's not going to stop you trembling!
Aug 30, 2010 4:41 PM

Feb 2010
belatkuro said:
novalis said:
It wasn't supposed to be like that. He was supposed to just embrace her. Then when he was getting into the latter parts of his "cheesy" speech, he kind of grabbed her boobs to
stop her trembling. Or was it because Takashi was getting emotional in his speech that he was trembling, I can't remember or interpret how it went. Correct me if I'm wrong :|.

But it didn't really come off like that. For crying out loud, he could have put his arm around her waist, or or even just put his arm across her chest and holding her against him instead of grabbing her breast and squeezing. Plus, that shit can hurt, especially if you have big breasts. It's like grabbing a guy's testicles and squeezing hard. That's not going to stop you trembling!
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.