Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2010 4:39 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow the sailor scouts actually died. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 29, 2011 8:57 AM
Nov 2010
sad episode :'(

and what a cliffhanger...
Jul 8, 2011 3:35 AM

Apr 2008
I didn't cry until the very end :c. This has to be my FAVORITE episode from any anime. Espically when Mars, and Venus died.
Sep 11, 2011 12:48 PM

Apr 2011
This series has grown so much for me since the first silly episodes. What a wonderful and sad episode. To think they made this for kids...

Also, wonderful use of music - as so often in Sailor Moon.
Sep 30, 2011 7:27 PM

Sep 2008
I was surprised that they actually died.
I admit that I laughed when Usagi ran after the illusions though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 7:18 AM
Sep 2011
Probably one of the saddest episodes.

Mod Edit: Spoiler tags added (belatedly).
rodacJun 20, 2014 1:06 PM
Dec 15, 2011 4:01 PM

Dec 2009
^^^^ wooow Spoiler much?
Dec 18, 2011 3:51 PM

Jun 2009
Sir_Lexa said:
^^^^ wooow Spoiler much?

Pretty good episode, though i think packing in all the death in one episode caused the events to lose a bit of impact.

Mars was awesome how she went out, btw.
rodacJun 20, 2014 1:12 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 10, 2012 3:01 AM

Jun 2010
Pretty dramatic. Mars getting chomped by that pile of rocks was pretty brutal. Jupiter's Supreme Thunder should always be like a kamehameha!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2013 6:28 PM

Feb 2008
Insan3Heisenberg said:
Pretty good episode, though i think packing in all the death in one episode caused the events to lose a bit of impact.

Yeah, instead of having three pointless fillers before the last three episodes, they could have made the Dark Kingdom Invasion longer, so that each heroine dies in each episode, or at least two per episode. All of them dying in one episode was just lulzy a bit. Still a pretty good episode, and yes, Mars was the best.
rodacJun 20, 2014 1:13 PM

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 9, 2014 6:31 AM
Mar 2013
ZetaZaku said:
Insan3Heisenberg said:

Yeah, instead of having three pointless fillers before the last three episodes, they could have made the Dark Kingdom Invasion longer, so that each heroine dies in each episode, or at least two per episode. All of them dying in one episode was just lulzy a bit. Still a pretty good episode, and yes, Mars was the best.
I completely agree. They could've made this invasion arc longer instead of the earlier monster of the day episodes. Both Jupiter and Mars went out with a bang!

I thought this anime was pretty good but now that I'm re-watching it, I can see that there are a lot of problems. These past few episodes have been very rushed and melodramatic. I still enjoy the series nonetheless, but definitely not as much as before.
rodacJun 20, 2014 1:14 PM
Mar 23, 2014 4:10 PM

Aug 2012
Even if I know they will probably come back to life, it's pretty horrifying to watch these characters die. I can only imagine how kids feel while watching this.
Apr 20, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2007
I-I don't remember this happening as a kid. I must have always missed the finale?
Wow, that was really heart wrenching DD:

May 21, 2014 2:22 AM

Apr 2012
Oh god, they all died. They all died fighting though!

Well, it's in the episode title.....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2011
Some real feels in this episode, although the death flags were obviously raised during it. I roughly knew/remembered that this might happen, but it was still a bit of a shock.

Mod Note: Even though this is an old series, please do not spoil the last episode by revealing what happens. Speculation is allowed, but confirmation is not.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 5, 2014 7:37 PM

Apr 2010
Who iis an emotional wreck right now? *raises hand*

Aug 6, 2014 1:45 AM

Apr 2012
Mar's was definitely the most hard-hitting, especially her last words. Her death was really powerful despite being so short. If only the other deaths were as well written..I hate how Venus's was so brief especially.
on my way to steal yo girl
Jun 11, 2015 4:43 AM

Feb 2010
*cries*
Sailor girls going to their deaths knowingly one by one, so that Usagi can face Queen Beryl... That it's beautiful doesnt make it less shocking. I don't think making an episode for each one is a better idea, contrary, that it all happens during one episode only helps to convey how Usagi must feel.
Even though I know there are two more seasons, I realy feel like it's for real and the deaths hit hard.
Karusan said:
This series has grown so much for me since the first silly episodes. What a wonderful and sad episode. To think they made this for kids...

True. I wonder, how it would be like if I watched it as a kid. Probably quite devastating.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Mar 18, 2016 11:20 AM
Mar 2013
I really don't get why they made the sailor senshi so fucking weak? Their attacks are and never were effective at all.
Mar 30, 2016 10:42 PM

Jan 2014
They're all dead now of all times? Yeah, sure. Such drama.
Aug 29, 2016 9:29 AM

Mar 2016
Rei's last moment was awesome.

Wish Minako had a better last moment though.
Nov 6, 2016 9:02 PM

Mar 2014
wut? That was unexpected their deaths. Of course is not shocking knowing that they will be back to life again (unless that Sailor Moon R's poster is full of dead people).

And yeah I agreed with the comments above, this episode would be so tragic if we watch it when we were kids, or maybe not because I had seen enough Dragon Ball Z as kid to no take seriously the main characters deaths xD
Jan 24, 2017 7:08 PM

Feb 2016
When Mars die I cried so hard :') A great episode!
Mar 11, 2017 4:53 AM

Dec 2012
This was kind of silly, honestly.

mitsji said:
I really don't get why they made the sailor senshi so fucking weak? Their attacks are and never were effective at all.

I agree, to me the fights are the weakest part of this anime. Basically because most of the time their attacks are useless.
Jun 13, 2017 10:22 AM

Jun 2013
Say what you will about this episode, but each of the girls got a chance to show how badass they can really be.
Jun 18, 2017 8:34 AM
Nov 2015
glorious. their deaths look beautiful, pierced by ice.
everyone is actually very able, except Usagi
Jun 18, 2017 8:37 AM
Nov 2015
xk9xi said:
Really upsetting episode. I teared up a few times... I really like how the North Pole is where the hideout is, it's so empty and it all looks the same, I feel like it makes it a lot scarier. I love when Ami smashes her computer onto the tiara (I think that's what it is) of the DD girl.

Uhm, Ami is the second best here, behind Rei. How she intially fell for the illusion, then calmly acknowledged that she was being a little weak and sentimental.
Then calmly analyzed stuff using her computer and finally smashing the jewel. They actually nailed how smart people work.
May 26, 2018 7:30 AM

Mar 2017
This probably would have had a bigger impact, if the title didn't spoil their deaths, and the existence of future seasons didn't spoil that they didn't really die. That said, we got some amazing action in this episode and it's an excellent lead-up to the finale! I loved Ami using her most powerful move yet: Bashing a computer against a Youma's forehead. Rei went out like a badass, as expected, but there was one time where I actually felt emotional: Minako's voice actress was incredible with those death screams. I was legitimately disturbed at her demise.

All in all I enjoy this finale! Unless they somehow screw it up in the next episode, which I don't think they will, this first season will get a solid 8/10 from me. Maybe I will adjust that rating in the future a little bit, but the crappy fillers in the latter half and the somewhat slow start can't detract that much from the amazing stuff that's been happening in the middle and towards the end.

Go, Sailor Moon!
Aug 21, 2018 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
This episode must have been really weird for all the little kids watching back when it aired...
Nov 5, 2018 1:50 PM
Mar 2018
Damn I would've never expected 4/5s of the main cast to die! RIP Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mars, Sailor Mercury, and Sailor Venus

This was a really good episode. Lots of very good emotional moments throughout, cool story, and some VERY intense fight scenes. There was also some very funny bits especially near the beginning. Overall, would be the best ep of the show, if not for what came after...
Mar 3, 2019 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
"What kind of ninny would fall for the same trick twice... Don't fall for it while I'm saying that!" xDDDDDDDDD

The deaths felt too quick to really be emotional IMO, but I still enjoyed the episode, I hope they aren't for real q_q
Aug 27, 2019 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
Karusan said:

It's actually for teenagers. This show has some mature content for a kid.
Jan 24, 2020 8:11 PM
Jan 2020
although it was really sad to see the sailor guardians die, it was still great to see how they all gave the fight their all till their dying breath. mars definitely was the most badass, and i honestly got goosebumps during that. jupiter hit me the hardest though, because i have such an emotional attachment to her character. overall though, a powerful episode
Feb 24, 2020 3:44 PM

May 2011
Wow. I never thought what started as the first 7 episodes could end up like this. I can't believe this episode turned out like this!

Okay so Sailor Jupiter is, no doubt, the most badass. Her exit gave me chills. Still... what's going to happen, I wonder.
Apr 22, 2020 8:22 AM

Apr 2008
Such a randomly brutal episode. Killing all of the senshi almost became a gag by the time Mars died. Did Tomino direct this episode?

Felt like I was watching some weird Sailor Moon ryona doujin anime. Obviously some bullshit will bring them back nrext episode, but still.
PlateApr 22, 2020 8:25 AM
Jul 12, 2020 6:26 AM

Aug 2016
DD Girls huh.....I'm not touching that one.
Damn, the Guardians all die leaving Moon to take on the big bad and deal with Tuxedo Mask, final episode in gonna be interesting.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 17, 2021 1:16 PM

Nov 2016
Big F

What great friends Usagi had

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 10, 2021 7:27 AM

Aug 2020
They're gonna come back next episode I swear, lol how else are they gonna make so many more seasons? (not a spoiler because I'm just making a logical guess)
Dec 29, 2021 8:10 AM

Mar 2020
Would have been a lot more shocking and tragic if the episode name didn't spoil it. But jesus christ, that's a lot of death for a children's series, I wonder how many parents complained to Toei (or DiC and Viz in the West) when this episode came out?

Sep 14, 2022 7:15 AM
Jul 2015
Bruh i didnt expected the sailor 4 soldier moon would died just like shitennou 4 great heavenly soldier of king earth end of season sailor moon

💀💀💀

but doesnt feel hitting my heart bcs the death not gore like so I don't understand how they died

its like domino effect 🤣🗿
Feb 28, 2023 11:19 AM
Oct 2017
This would hit harder if Sailor Moon didn't stand up there waiting while each one of her friends die, it is the campy comedy and aesthetics what make this series great, not the paper mache emotional moments, I am like 97% sure that they will revive later or something, it just doesn't feel real, it doesn't feel genuine.
Jul 25, 2023 4:41 AM

Mar 2019
a lot more dramatic than i thought it would be so far
Oct 1, 2023 2:17 AM

Jan 2021
The deaths could have been much more impactful tbh.They were too predictable and kinda lazily written.
Oct 23, 2023 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
This is the best episode so far and the saddest one too, i am speechless, i didn't expect the deaths of the main characters to happen but damn it changes everything. it's like real life
Apr 19, 5:16 AM

Jul 2017
a completely unexpected tragic episode, seeing every sailor die fighting was very sad but also very cool.
they all are great in their own ways.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Apr 12, 2009

50 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 24, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 26 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 12, 2010

37 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 20, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

73 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 44 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 43 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 18, 4:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.