Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 9, 2009 5:31 AM

Jul 2008
A very fitting and good feeling anime. It capped off something great, Nodame Cantabile had a good atmosphere and it was nice and funny. 9/10.
Mar 10, 2009 5:26 AM

Jan 2009
A Marvelous ending for such a wonderful series. This is probably the best series from the music genre, definitely better than La Corda D'Oro. The comedy, the music, the drama, the romance, it's all here !!

Really, i goin' to like classic music because of this. The OST are awesome too, Allegro Cantabile & Sagittarius by Suemitsu & The Suemith and Konna ni Chikaku de... by Crystal Kay is simply the best and the most fitting theme for this anime !!

This episode is also great. Finally Chiaki chase Nodame and finally Nodame also goin to study in Europe. My favorite scene is none other thatn when Chiaki finally hugs Nodame from behind, i just shout : "It's about time !". It's such a lovely scene.

Goin' to watch season 2 !! Paris-hen !
Mar 29, 2009 9:34 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I loved this anime. very very very good. can't think of anything else to say.
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 20, 2009 10:02 AM

Jun 2008
OMIGOSH!!!! I LOVED THAT LAST SCENE!!!!! OMIGOSH!!!! chiaki actually went after nodame! and then the HUG FROM BEHIND!! KYAAA!!! i almost fainted!!! hahaha just kidding! BUT OMIGOSH! THAT WAS SO GREAT!!! too bad the father saw them, we might've gotten more... ahahah...it turns out they'll both be going to paris right?!!?!?!? OMIGOSH!! i just love this!! hahahaha... that was a great ending!!!
Apr 26, 2009 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
I must say that those first 11 episodes reached my kokoro, to be honest im slighty a lot dissapointed with this ending. Well its true, he went for her in the end and give her a epic hug, THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FUCKING FACT THAT HE WAS A TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY ASSHOLE TO NODAME IN THE WHOLE SHOW. I hate how he treated Nodame like trash. Even in the end he was embarrased just for the solely purpose to travel all the way to meet her. I hate the typical cool/cold guy with the flawless charm. Fuck him.

Anyway but the first half of the show was really enojoyning for me. I can't deny that i laughed and cried. Too many Chiaki in this anime fucked the story, they left behind Nodame's development a lot :/ not my type of romantic story.

8/10 For me.
MikiyoApr 26, 2009 12:17 PM

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 27, 2009 8:48 PM

Feb 2009
Tamaki-san said:
I must say that those first 11 episodes reached my kokoro, to be honest im slighty a lot dissapointed with this ending. Well its true, he went for her in the end and give her a epic hug, THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FUCKING FACT THAT HE WAS A TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY ASSHOLE TO NODAME IN THE WHOLE SHOW. I hate how he treated Nodame like trash. Even in the end he was embarrased just for the solely purpose to travel all the way to meet her. I hate the typical cool/cold guy with the flawless charm. Fuck him.

Anyway but the first half of the show was really enojoyning for me. I can't deny that i laughed and cried. Too many Chiaki in this anime fucked the story, they left behind Nodame's development a lot :/ not my type of romantic story.

8/10 For me.

You're English sucks lol.

Awesome show! :P
Apr 28, 2009 12:31 PM

Jan 2009
Aeikai said:

So does your fucking explanation about how awesome it was. Who sucks now?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 29, 2009 2:03 AM

Oct 2008
One of the most lively anime series I've ever seen. The music in this series is just so epic and the animation when the instruments are being played is accurate too. I prefer the 1st ending song over the 2nd ending song though.

This series is definitely at least a 9 or 10. I may have to revise my ratings a little. Now for the Paris Chapter of Nodame Cantabile.

Some things in life are indeed beautiful.
May 24, 2009 8:53 AM
Feb 2009
It was awesome.and I agree with TYSM
Jun 12, 2009 11:07 AM

Mar 2009
Aeikai said:

Yours too apparently. It's "Your English sucks." Or were you going to say: "You're English, that sucks."? Don't think so ... If you're going to make fun of others, check your own spelling first. :P

And:

Tamaki-san said:

So does your fucking explanation about how awesome it was. Who sucks now?

==============================================

I really liked the ending ..... It wasn't the end of the whole series after all, so I didn't expect a big happy ending with sappy confessions of love or something like that lol ..... My fangirl heart rejoiced when Chiaki was hugging Nodame from behind, so cute (:
Jun 28, 2009 9:11 AM
Feb 2009
lol Pwned! xD
Jun 29, 2009 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
Amazing ending. Average anime. My first musical anime, not really too partial to classical. It was a relaxing ride - but i felt as though very little happened through these 23 episodes. Decent comedy, but didn't get me laughing much. Very little romance. I'm not quite sure what got me to watch this all the way through, i wasn't especially attached to much in this show (characters, story, ect.). Expected more, but what it really boils down to is.. i suppose, this just isn't my cup of tea.
Jul 23, 2009 2:08 AM

Jan 2008
What a brilliant scene there. Quite an enjoyable series with great humour and a nice story. Now onto the special and then Paris.
Nodame <3
Jul 26, 2009 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
Thats so cute
He loves her
When the dads like you love her that much
The hug was epic
Aug 3, 2009 3:12 AM

Jan 2009
Perfect, this anime was very exciting xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2009 10:05 PM

Oct 2007
God, this was just so great. The hug scene was so perfect.
Aug 24, 2009 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
The first episodes were hilarious, in the second half the comedy fade away but Nodame's character development kept my interest. I'm going to watch the second season right now!!.
Sep 1, 2009 4:41 AM

Jun 2009
All this 22th episode was just half hearted love.. or was it love for her performance

Haha the part where she is checking the mails with Purito news and it was Eto

YES!! atlast Chiaki hugged Nodame!!

LOL Nodame's father hahahahaha that was a good timing for an ending
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 3, 2009 2:15 AM

Sep 2009
Yeah what a great moment! And -of course- the boat that was sailing by along the river earlier on in the scene turns out not to be just a pretty, mood enhancer prop but the punchline of the hug scene. Bad timing, Nodame's dad!

Though I think the icing on the cake is that by the very end we see that the series framed the idea of "memories" nicely because we learned about Chiaki's fears from the past right at the beginning of episode 1. It's Nodame's past that is better hidden and gradually resurfaces as the series unfolds and finally echoes what is said in episode 1.
"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think think I know, I don't think I think." - Ed
Oct 13, 2009 9:16 PM

Sep 2009
this was a great anime.
Oct 23, 2009 3:52 AM

Sep 2009
Ahh! Kawaii!!! :D!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Oct 25, 2009 8:03 AM

Jul 2009
I'm hating myself for keeping this series in my Plan to Watch section for so long. I absolutely loved it and it was definitely a unique story. The hug at the end just did it for me. Hopefully the next season will be as good as this one.
Nov 20, 2009 6:28 PM

Sep 2009
Is something wrong with me? Everyone's crying... I mean I loved it, gave it a 10. But I wasnt even close to crying ._. ah mou. What piece was Nodame playing at home? Loved it.
Nov 23, 2009 10:59 PM

Jun 2009
I slap myself for not having watched such an amazing series until now, its one of the best romantic anime series I have watched so far.
Nov 30, 2009 9:46 PM

Apr 2009
haha.. i'm glad i decided to watch this.. i wasn't planning to finish it at once after downloading because i've got other shows to watch but once i started watching the first ep, i couldn't stop.. i was able to finish it in a day.. very impressive story and music so it gets a 9 from me..
argiliumDec 3, 2009 3:50 AM
Jan 2, 2010 6:20 AM
May 2008
Wonderful way to end an amazing first season!!! The humor in this series is surprisingly consistent, where most shows taper off this series maintains the humor.

10/10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 9, 2010 3:12 AM

Feb 2009
Such a satisfying ending. All the characters have shown great amounts of development, I saw a little bit of myself in each of them. There were so many moments where I recognized a piece (I almost jumped out of my seat when I heard Nodame playing Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu in the 4th episode), it rekindled my love for classical music.

Nodame really became my favorite character, I respect her a lot, even if she is a crazy, random slob. Her way of learning and playing really reminds me of my own. It's great to see that Chiaki finally realized his love for her.

I really wish I could play piano again (but I can't due to carpal tunnel syndrome. It pains me so much). If anything though this series has re-inspired me as a musician. Someday, for sure. ♥
Feb 20, 2010 7:13 AM
Aug 2009
I love it ^^ ending was great, I'm happy that Nodame will study abroad :)

And I'm happy also because of Chiaki. It's fantastic, that he realized, that Noda is very important for him.

And music was just awesome! This anime is a real masterpiece :)
Feb 24, 2010 11:59 AM

Oct 2009
Lovely ending, my heart sortof jumped when he hugged her :D

I cannot believe how many times i've ignored this series just because I didn't feel like another music anime. I enjoyed most of the music, although during the longer bits I did get a bit distracted.. but i'm not really mature enough to appreciate classical well yet so that doesn't reflect on the anime at all. It was totally worth the watch.
Mar 17, 2010 2:06 PM
Jan 2010
Such a romantic episode. Really, my heart stopped for a moment, when he hugged her.

I'm absolutely enchanted. I've not seen such a hilarious anime for a long time. I will thank my colleague, who recommended me this series. Love the classical music. 10! xD
Mar 26, 2010 4:00 PM

Sep 2009
Sweet god this is the first time i've watched a 20+ ep anime in one day, damn sickness. >_>
JESUS THAT HUG WAS JUST TOO, HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG

May 6, 2010 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode. Great series. Off to watch the next season!
May 26, 2010 7:39 AM

Jul 2009
it is been a while for me to watch an anime non stop from the first episode till the last one.
I don't know clasic music at all, but when i was watching this anime, i was being captivated by it. The romance and the comedy part is also good. This anime is very enjoyable to watch and i love every its elements.
Jun 1, 2010 8:51 AM

Nov 2008
Awesome.. I love Chiaki and Nodame's moment. And I love the ending.. Up next season 2 and then season 3.. can't wait.. Gyaboo~

:3
Jun 18, 2010 7:15 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, nice. I may end up jumping right into the next season. I really did enjoy this season.

So, the live action movie. Is this where it stops? Hmmm.
Such junk...
Jun 28, 2010 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, this is a rare case that slice of life anime gets a good ending. This was, simply amazing. Instant 10 out of 10 for me.

I finally released how close live action series was adapted from the manga, and also this. I just love all of them.
Jul 1, 2010 4:49 PM

May 2009
This anime was much, much better than I expected it to be. It's one of the best I've seen in a while, and this episode was perfect. I got all teary when Chiaki hugged Nodame. ^^
Jul 9, 2010 3:56 AM

Jan 2010
Very heart-warming ending to a great series. I won't lie I got a little teary during the hug, and that usually never happens.
Jul 29, 2010 5:24 AM

Jul 2008
10/10. I didn't get teary or anything, but I loved this anime.
Jul 31, 2010 8:01 PM

Dec 2008
Yay~ Such a happy final ep. =^^= It took me a little to get passed the animation when I first began watching this series but I'm happy I continued. The characters were wonderful and the music was brilliant. I look forward to when I have some time to watch the second season! I so want to see Noda and Chiaki's relationship develop more~

Overall, I gave this series a 8/10.
FeatherLynneAug 5, 2010 1:18 PM

Aug 1, 2010 5:41 AM

Jul 2008
finished this anime in... 2 months? 3 months? iunno.
But watched 10 or so episodes in one day xD
yup. first musical anime and very strong >:v
I can't wait until I watch the 2nd season. But now it's time for.. Higurashi

Aug 11, 2010 3:15 PM

Aug 2010
loved the end phone call and how chiaki passed nodame in the taxi and then got off and embraced her from behind :D
"Fun things...Happy things...They'll all...They'll all eventually change some day, you know? But can you still love this place?" - Nagisa
Aug 13, 2010 4:27 AM

Jan 2010
Ahhh I love this show. Marathoned it in about 2 days, which is extremely fast for me.

What a beautiful ending.
Aug 15, 2010 4:25 AM

Jul 2009
Bravo!
9/10!
Sep 1, 2010 10:23 PM

Jun 2010
Great finale. Delicious anime. 10/10!
Sep 22, 2010 4:27 PM

Apr 2010
Beaaautiful ending, loved it! I'm giving this show a 9/10

Off to watch the second season ;D

Oct 4, 2010 4:52 PM
Jan 2010
I guess I'm the only one here who watched the English Dub.

I love every minute of this show and it's one of the best I've ever seen. Excellent way to end the series. All I'm hoping for is a dub of the next two series. Please, I need more!
Oct 25, 2010 10:50 PM

Jun 2009
The scene where Chiaki jumped out of the taxi, followed Nodame, and embraced her from behind has to be one of the best I've seen. Beautifully executed scene.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 7, 2011 9:30 AM

Jun 2009
Wonderful. Everything was downright perfect. I couldn’t ask for anything more with such a flawless ending ♥

I cried when Chiaki embraced Nodame, then her father showed up and I couldn’t stop laughing. Loved the series to bits~♥

Now on to watch the second season~
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jan 22, 2011 1:49 PM

Jan 2010
I am not sure why everyone is crying here but I did enjoy the scene… more like a "finally, we all knew this was coming someday!" kind of reaction. Probably because I am a guy and I lost a part of my heart somewhere along the way.

Enjoyed the series as a whole, I'll continue onto season 2. I am unfamiliar with most of the musical terms but still enjoyed the music even if I barely listen to classical. This series has inspired me to listen to it more and I have some more appreciation for the music and everything that's involved in presenting it. Though, it got a bit repetitive to me. The formula being this:

1. Practice
2. Play a Concert
3. Everyone is in shock and loves Chiaki and the orchestra.
4. The End (or repeat and rinse).

If there was one thing I did not get, it was how everyone always was like "zomg, I cannot believe this is not butter!" whenever the music played. I realize that it's probably just a matter of taste and probably some exaggeration was in there for the "Lulz" and sometimes it was just awesome to see Chiaki pwn so I didn't really mind. Regardless, I would've liked it if Chiaki had some more serious failures and a person to "compete" with to the top. It seems like I may just get that in the next season..

Overall, I rated this a 9. Sorry for the review :p
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» from a classical musician's perspective...

sillylovesong - Mar 31

1 by Cestlavie_ »»
Mar 31, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

50 by aquasprite »»
Mar 15, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

55 by aquasprite »»
Mar 14, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 6 Discussion

Kimura - May 14, 2008

44 by P0tter »»
Sep 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 24, 2008

63 by cornonacob »»
Jul 28, 2023 1:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.