Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 9, 2008 3:36 PM

Dec 2007
Haha, I couldn't help but put this up, since in a love triangle there will definitely be fans for both possible shippings.

So, Alto x Ranka or Alto x Sheryl? Though I personally think Sheryl is a more logical pair, I'd actually want to root for Ranka - I like her character more, and it's more non-canon, IMO (I'd like to see something new).

I haven't read any of the manga or watched any previous Macross series', so I can't predict who the story is leaning toward...is there a pattern in the previous series'?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 9, 2008 3:45 PM

Nov 2007
So far I like Alto x Ranka more, however that might change as the series progresses. In the orignal Macross I was rooting for Minmei at the start, but found myself rooting for Hayase later on - the same thing might happen here.
May 9, 2008 4:01 PM

Mar 2007
I like Sheryl over Ranka. (I prefer her more assertive, strong character over Ranka's clumsy cutesy type) but hey, maybe Altoh can end up with Mikhail~~~ :) Ok, I will have to wait for the doujinshi for that, LOL
May 9, 2008 4:44 PM

Jun 2007
Ranka x Alto ftw~ they are really cute together
May 9, 2008 11:48 PM

Oct 2007
Sheryl easily over Ranka atm... Ranka and Alto's chemistry feels more like brother/sister or best friends atm than anything like lovers. They do have a bond though but as of episode 6 Sheryl has the same bond with Alto in addition to all their sexual tension from before.
May 10, 2008 5:06 AM

Sep 2007
I must say, I was originally a Sheryl hater at the start of the show...but like many others, after seeing the "nice" side of Sheryl, she's won my vote =P
Even though the age gap is "only" two years difference, maturity wise, Ranka is just too childish. Which is cute, but not exactly great girlfriend material I suppose.

Proud user of Maxthon since the days of MyIE2, long before Firefox was even a twinkle in Netscape's eye.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not really...
May 10, 2008 5:59 AM
Dec 2007
KayDat said:
I must say, I was originally a Sheryl hater at the start of the show...but like many others, after seeing the "nice" side of Sheryl, she's won my vote =P
Even though the age gap is "only" two years difference, maturity wise, Ranka is just too childish. Which is cute, but not exactly great girlfriend material I suppose.

same
May 11, 2008 12:12 AM
Mar 2008
He will ends up with Nanase, or maybe the Klan Klan big girl, lol =D
May 12, 2008 9:24 AM

Jan 2008
KayDat said:

Personally, even after seeing Episode 6, I still don't like Sherryl~ She annoys me for some reason

KayDat said:

Even if she may seem childish, I really like her a lot~ To each his/her own I guess
May 12, 2008 5:23 PM

May 2007
I started as a Ranka guy because I've always been a "girl next door" shipper.

But seeing episode 5 and 6 totally changed me. Sheryl and Alto just have such great chemistry. Sheryl x Alto FTW!
May 17, 2008 7:09 AM

Oct 2007
Sheryl's won every single "Sheryl or Ranka" or Fav Frontier character poll I've seen on English forums, she's doing the same on Chinese forums and she's beating Ranka in the only two fav characte polls in Japan I know about.
May 25, 2008 11:11 PM
May 2008
im extremely into ranka as a character, shes just so sweet and sings such pretty songs. i just dont want to see 25 episodes of her crushing on alto oblivious ass. she really seems out of the picture though because its all alto and sheryl on my tv.
May 25, 2008 11:16 PM

Nov 2007
I voted Ranka when this poll started, but I'm thinking Klan would be better now.
May 26, 2008 2:18 AM

Mar 2008
I've found myself hoping for AltoxSheryl. Ranka is cute just by herself =p.
May 26, 2008 9:53 AM

Mar 2008
I'm all for Altoh x Ranka. While it is true that Sheryl has her sweet side, she's giving off a "Slut Princess" vibes. She's giving way, way, way too much fanservice and UST.

Not one I'd like, seriously. I'd start a hatelist about her if I have to <_<

Yes, I hate her THAT much. Yes, I know this is only fiction. And yes, she is a slut, period.

Let's see if the series can make me change her mind.
May 26, 2008 6:56 PM

Apr 2007
LAH-Foton said:
she is a slut

I can understand how you could come to such a conclusion after episode 8.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2008 7:20 PM

Feb 2008
Hmm, hard to say. I too didn't really like Sheryl at first ... but I instantly thought Ranka was cool. Though I think I can agree with others in saying that her and Alto seem more like the brother and sister type.
May 26, 2008 10:54 PM

Jul 2007
a vote for ranka is a vote for pedophilia

sheryl ftw
May 27, 2008 2:28 AM

Feb 2008
Okay, after seeing the latest episode ... NANA! :D
May 27, 2008 10:49 AM
May 2008
LAH-Foton said:
I'm all for Altoh x Ranka. While it is true that Sheryl has her sweet side, she's giving off a "Slut Princess" vibes. She's giving way, way, way too much fanservice and UST.

Not one I'd like, seriously. I'd start a hatelist about her if I have to <_<

Yes, I hate her THAT much. Yes, I know this is only fiction. And yes, she is a slut, period.

Let's see if the series can make me change her mind.

she just knows shes better than everyone else and doesn't live by their standard but her own.

shes not out of control like britney spears, she knows exactly what her responsiblities are as a star and the rest of the time does whatever the hell she wants because she can. seems like shed be alot of fun to hang out with if you ask me.

i still prefer ranka :D
calla said:

sheryl ftw

were voting for alto not for ourselves. but if it was for ourselves id take rankas voice actress over both of sheryls(at the same time even) in a heartbeat
May 27, 2008 11:58 AM

Mar 2008
calla said:

sheryl ftw

she is legal <_<

and besides, let's face it, delicious flat chests ftw.

EDIT: Therefore, loli Kuran Kuran IS FINE TOO
FotonMay 27, 2008 12:07 PM
May 27, 2008 12:20 PM

Mar 2008
calla said:

sheryl ftw

Sorry, but this is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard. Ranka is only 1 or 2 years younger than Alto, so i don´t see how that can count as pedophilia....

On another note.

Ranka is my choice, Sheryl just seems like someone who would jump anyone because she feels like it while Ranka only have her eyes on Alto. Not to mention that Sheryl seems to use everything she can do get Alto to obey her.

Sheryl seems to want to own Alto and nothing more, Ranka have at least true feelings for him. Hopefully his brain will start working so he can get together with Ranka soon.

May 27, 2008 3:48 PM

Oct 2007
Sheryl has feelings for Alto, she just hasn't realized it herself yet, it's going to take something like seeing those two holding hands or kissing together before she realizes it. Sheryl and Alto have a very tsundere relationship with each other, sorta like say Lawrence and Horo from Spice and Wolf. You can tell they enjoy each others company even though Sheryl appears to just want to mess with him and Alto is annoyed.

And yes I hope Alto and Ranka's relationship gets moving because until it does Sheryl and Alto's will stay the same as it is right now. Need a scene equivalent to Mao from Kimikiss Pure Rogue seeing Kouichi kissing Hoshino on the train.
May 27, 2008 5:24 PM

Nov 2007
Westlo said:
Sheryl and Alto have a very tsundere relationship with each other, sorta like say Lawrence and Horo from Spice and Wolf.

I'll admit that the fact that BOTH Sheryl and Alto are tsunderes makes for an amusing relationship.
RolexMay 29, 2008 11:34 PM
May 29, 2008 11:28 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah the Ranka and Alto relationship in comparison is pretty boring, even their fanart is boring compared to Sheryl and Alto.

Jun 2, 2008 8:03 PM

Jul 2007
Ranka is too good for Alto. Hime-sama is far better off with someone like Sheryl, not to mention they have better chemistry (male and female tsundere ^_-)
Jun 3, 2008 12:23 AM

Mar 2008
Why is it that everyone likes someone who's clearly self-centered and does a lot of things for the heck of it disregarding other people's opinions rather than someone who's honest and is working for her dreams?
Jun 3, 2008 3:42 AM

Oct 2007
^ Because we prefer a strong female character compared to a loli moeblob?
Jun 3, 2008 9:37 AM

Mar 2008
Strong? Define strong. If the point of her acting all seductive to Alto and even transferring to his school is for her to look strong, nope, sorry, she failed. The fact that Sheryl kept singing when Galaxy is under attack made her look strong already, but her recent acts made her look shallow by comparison.
Jun 3, 2008 10:02 AM

Oct 2007
So Ranka transferring is to work towards her dreams but Sheryl doing it means she's shallow?
Jun 3, 2008 10:03 AM

Mar 2008
CHeryl...she is a much more interesting charater imo.
Jun 3, 2008 2:28 PM

Jul 2007
LAH-Foton said:
calla said:

sheryl ftw

she is legal <_<

and besides, let's face it, delicious flat chests ftw.

EDIT: Therefore, loli Kuran Kuran IS FINE TOO

QFT!

i do like sheryl's sensuality though :D
Jun 3, 2008 9:20 PM
May 2008
LAH-Foton said:
Strong? Define strong. If the point of her acting all seductive to Alto and even transferring to his school is for her to look strong, nope, sorry, she failed. The fact that Sheryl kept singing when Galaxy is under attack made her look strong already, but her recent acts made her look shallow by comparison.

shes being selfish, at no point in this show has she been shallow.

and wtf is a tsundere, i dont know what anyone is talking about
Jun 3, 2008 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
hatebobbarker said:

and wtf is a tsundere, i dont know what anyone is talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere
Jun 4, 2008 12:07 AM

Mar 2008
hatebobbarker said:
LAH-Foton said:

shes being selfish, at no point in this show has she been shallow.

Sorry, wrong word, I stand corrected.
Jun 4, 2008 10:34 PM

Jul 2007
i'm more for sheryl since.. with ranka it just doesn't make sense to me to have a moe-esque girl in a franchise known as one of the greatest space operas.
sheryl fits the environment a tad better...

just my two cents.
Jun 5, 2008 2:21 PM

Apr 2008
Alto won't end up with anyone. I think by the end of the series both Sheryl & Ranka will have disappeared much like Sara Nome does in Macross Zero. Just my guess.

Although he might end up with Sheryl's remaining earring as a souvenir, or Ranka's disgusting slug-cock phone.
Jun 5, 2008 2:51 PM

Mar 2008
Sutiivu said:
Although he might end up with Sheryl's remaining earring as a souvenir, or Ranka's disgusting slug-cock phone.

Slug-cock? XD

It was more like a fluffy frog to me, and it's cute D:
Jun 5, 2008 3:01 PM

Apr 2008
Haha, you like that thing? I hate the sound it makes when Ranka presses it.
Jun 6, 2008 12:39 AM

Mar 2008
more like a limp frog, XD
Jun 6, 2008 12:54 AM

Apr 2008
Fine, I'll meet you half way; we'll call it a limp-cock as a happy medium.
Jun 6, 2008 10:27 AM

Mar 2008
why cock though? o_O
Jun 17, 2008 8:03 PM

Dec 2007
calla said:
i'm more for sheryl since.. with ranka it just doesn't make sense to me to have a moe-esque girl in a franchise known as one of the greatest space operas.

just my two cents.

Even if she's gotten a lot of development and grown as a character? :P
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jun 17, 2008 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
SageShinigami said:
calla said:

just my two cents.

Even if she's gotten a lot of development and grown as a character? :P

Even if Ranka has had more character progression so far, I'd say Sheryl has had more relationship building with Alto.
RolexJun 17, 2008 10:31 PM
Jun 18, 2008 1:48 PM

Dec 2007
No argument there. I just felt like pointing out that Ranka isn't just another moe character. They've gone a long way towards making her a fleshed out, interesting person.

But I bet somewhere in Japan they've held this poll and Ranka already won by a HUGE landslide.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jun 18, 2008 8:26 PM

Jul 2007
Ranka and Alto, of course!
If it were Sheryl and Alto, you could get confused about which is the woman, lol.

I'm kidding. But personally, I think Sheryl is too dominating... she acts like a child around Alto too much, which is probably healthy for her... but Alto is more ... he's got too much potential to be degenerated into sub fodder for a woman whose already got everything and everyone under her power.

As for Ranka and Alto, don't you think think they look cute together? Both aren't completely mature yet, so they can learn together, and fate seems to draw them together all the time... instead of Sheryl acting on her own.
Plus, ... yes. Ranka is just cute. I love her phone! And her hair baffles me! And ... yes. They're like really good friends right now, its better... and I feel bad for Ranka, alwasy mistaking that Alto and Sheryl have something powerful going on between them, when it's always Sheryl. It's bad!

(images in Kurona's head: Big Bust Sheryl shoving cute Ranka in swimsuit to the side with her melons and brazenness ; - ; Iiya da!!
IT'S WROOOOOOOOONG)

And the height . x. That's not much of a big issue though... just... yeah.

Anyhow, the personality types of Alto and ranka seem to fit better... Alto and Sheryl, the result is kind of expected, and there's no nervous potential... maa. So Alto, fight for Ranka-chan!!
Jun 19, 2008 1:29 AM

Dec 2007
Chrona said:
If it were Sheryl and Alto, you could get confused about which is the woman, lol.

I'm kidding. But personally, I think Sheryl is too dominating... she acts like a child around Alto too much, which is probably healthy for her... but Alto is more ... he's got too much potential to be degenerated into sub fodder for a woman whose already got everything and everyone under her power.

As for Ranka and Alto, don't you think think they look cute together? Both aren't completely mature yet, so they can learn together, and fate seems to draw them together all the time... instead of Sheryl acting on her own.
Plus, ... yes. Ranka is just cute. I love her phone! And her hair baffles me! And ... yes. They're like really good friends right now, its better... and I feel bad for Ranka, alwasy mistaking that Alto and Sheryl have something powerful going on between them, when it's always Sheryl. It's bad!

(images in Kurona's head: Big Bust Sheryl shoving cute Ranka in swimsuit to the side with her melons and brazenness ; - ; Iiya da!!
IT'S WROOOOOOOOONG)

Anyhow, the personality types of Alto and ranka seem to fit better... Alto and Sheryl, the result is kind of expected, and there's no nervous potential... maa. So Alto, fight for Ranka-chan!!

I approve of this post. :D I mean, I wouldn't mind Sheryl and Alto, but I still like this post anyways. ^_^
Jun 19, 2008 1:41 AM

Oct 2007
SageShinigami said:
But I bet somewhere in Japan they've held this poll and Ranka already won by a HUGE landslide.

Actually going by online and magazine polls Sheryl is more popular in Japan (which is a pleasant surprise) as well as China and English forums. I don't know about 2ch but since that's the land of moe and lolicon I would be amazed if Sheryl was more popular there.
Jun 19, 2008 3:33 PM

Mar 2008
SageShinigami said:
Chrona said:

IT'S WROOOOOOOOONG)

I approve of this post. :D I mean, I wouldn't mind Sheryl and Alto, but I still like this post anyways. ^_^

Doubly approved.
Jun 20, 2008 5:04 AM

Dec 2007
Westlo said:
SageShinigami said:

Actually going by online and magazine polls Sheryl is more popular in Japan (which is a pleasant surprise) as well as China and English forums. I don't know about 2ch but since that's the land of moe and lolicon I would be amazed if Sheryl was more popular there.

Damn. I am amazed. I didn't think she'd win because of something stupid like moe, but rather because she's one of those hard-working, shooting for her dreams-type characters that people in Japan love so much.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.