Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2010 2:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 26, 2010 10:51 AM

Jan 2009
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

No offense, but you seriously need to re-read this and the last chapter. The one you keep referring to as Yuuki and she is the ancestor Kaname and NOT Yuuki.

It was nice to once again see more of Kaname's past, and at least we now know how he turned into a baby. Of the 2 hooded vampires, the one sure looked a lot like Yuuki. And lol at baby Kaname peeing on Rido. XD

Jun 27, 2010 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
JadedLover said:
tsubasalover said:

No offense, but you seriously need to re-read this and the last chapter. The one you keep referring to as Yuuki and she is the ancestor Kaname and NOT Yuuki.

It was nice to once again see more of Kaname's past, and at least we now know how he turned into a baby. Of the 2 hooded vampires, the one sure looked a lot like Yuuki. And lol at baby Kaname peeing on Rido. XD

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm seriously getting more and more confused with characters for this series. That's why writing summaries helps because people like you can help me out by pointing out the place I got misunderstood.
tsubasaloverJun 27, 2010 9:03 AM
Jun 27, 2010 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
tsubasalover said:
JadedLover said:
tsubasalover said:

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm seriously getting more and more confused with characters for this series. That's why writing summaries helps because people like you can help me out by pointing out the place I got misunderstood.

I'm just glad I didn't offend you! People get too easily offended in these forums sometimes.

As for these last 2 chapters......it's basically Yuuki delving into Kaname's memories. It shows how Rido used the baby Kaname to awaken the ancestor Kaname. (So that's him with the long hair.) He's the one who attacked Rido. (Not Yuuki attacking Kaname.) And for the most part this chapter had ancestor Kaname's old memories of how he tried to live with the humans. They really admired him at first until they realized he was getting some of their blood at night in order for him to survive, and how he wasn't aging etc. It also had those other 2 purebloods that were looking for more like themselves. Since Kaname couldn't remember his name they called him Kaname. One of them looks like Yuuki, but with the hood on you can't really tell if it's a guy or girl. Kaname doesn't want to go with them, since he wants to live like a human, so they leave. They also come back later and want Kaname to join them. They don't like the idea of some of the purebloods turning so many people into vampires since it's not necessary to turn so many people in order to survive. The one offers Kaname her (at least it appears to be a her) blood since he was so weak, and says that he can repay her by joining them. (She wasn't teaching him how to use his fangs. They had made a comment earlier on how they hoped he hadn't forgotten how.) I guess this must be how the vampire wars first started. That was about it. Oh! The people that you thought were attacking Yuuki were just fragments of Kaname's memories as well. They weren't really attacking Yuuki.
Sorry for such a long post! And once again I'm glad I didn't offend you! XD

Jun 27, 2010 3:27 PM

Nov 2007

Wow, that makes more sense now, thanks for summarizing it. And of course I wasn't offended by it. I want people to point out what I got wrong. (and sorry for putting them in spoiler because it's really long)
Jun 29, 2010 8:42 PM

Oct 2009
Such a revealing chapter, I'm glad the plot is starting to pick up again.

I wonder how Yuuki will react afterwards..poor Kaname looks like he's ready to fall apart ><
Jun 30, 2010 12:00 AM

Jul 2009
Yeah, I too have been pretty confused lately. What I thought originally was, the Kaname that we all know and love is actually the original Kaname from the very start of their race... and he just got reduced to a baby due to his weakness. I guess I am wrong... and if so, why does the Kaname we all know and love have memories of the Kaname from the very start of their race.

Oh geez.. confused LOL.
Jun 30, 2010 12:34 AM

Dec 2008
I haven't understood a thing, and I'm not even curious about it :S
Jun 30, 2010 2:17 AM

Dec 2007
so means the vampire's were pure noble creatures existing long before the ages of men. It is their so called servants that corrupted the system.
Kaname is really old.. ten thousand years ago?? no wonder in some early chapters he mention he had not gain back his former disposition. this all starting to make sense
Jun 30, 2010 3:41 AM

May 2010
asterixk said:
so means the vampire's were pure noble creatures existing long before the ages of men. It is their so called servants that corrupted the system.
Kaname is really old.. ten thousand years ago?? no wonder in some early chapters he mention he had not gain back his former disposition. this all starting to make sense

yup he is really old he is the ancestor of the Kuran's right and was resurrected by rido using the the baby
Jun 30, 2010 8:07 AM

Dec 2008
Kaname is over 10,000 years old. Wow!
And, Yuki and Kaname are not really brother and sister.
Can't wait to see how their relationship continues to unfold after all the memories have been revealed through Yuki drinking his blood!
Jun 30, 2010 8:26 AM

Dec 2009
Kaname looks good for his age XD. The memories were a little chaotic , but interesting ...
Jun 30, 2010 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
I miss Zero..really I'm glad we know more and more , but a little Zero in lap time is really appreciate TAT I don't like KAname and it's hard to look only at him -.-'

Sorry byt I just must complain about lack of Zero :P
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Jun 30, 2010 2:47 PM

Apr 2010
I'm sorry, but this was confusing! o.O

Really, why were there two Kaname's? Who is the Kaname we know and who was that baby? I really don't get it. :l

Jun 30, 2010 4:13 PM

Jun 2008
Minaide said:

Really, why were there two Kaname's? Who is the Kaname we know and who was that baby? I really don't get it. :l

The Kaname we know is the ancestor. he is 10 thousand years old. the baby was Yuki´s real brother who got killed by Rido. Than Kaname ancestor that was in the coffin for thousands of years, decided to transform himself into a baby, so he could replace the dead baby of Haruka and Juuri. He also sealed his own memories. He was raised as Yuki´s brother, although he is not her brother.
The kaname you see grow up in flashbacks is Ancestor Kaname and Yuki is drinking his blood to know all of his memories of his past.

Damn...i miss ZERO!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 30, 2010 4:32 PM

Apr 2009
Awww poor Kaname. :(
I wonder who that other vampire is... (looks like a girl?)
Jul 1, 2010 8:06 AM

Jan 2009
Kurogashi said:
Yeah, I too have been pretty confused lately. What I thought originally was, the Kaname that we all know and love is actually the original Kaname from the very start of their race... and he just got reduced to a baby due to his weakness. I guess I am wrong... and if so, why does the Kaname we all know and love have memories of the Kaname from the very start of their race.

Oh geez.. confused LOL.

You're not wrong. You're right. The ancestor Kaname was turned into a baby and grew up as Yuuki's brother. He's the one we all know and love. <3
Minaide said:

The one Kaname was Jurri and Haruka's son. Rido killed him in order to awaken the ancestor Kaname who was then turned into a baby and raised by Haruka and Jurri as their son.

Jul 2, 2010 8:44 AM

Jun 2010
this was a kinda weird chapter..it was easy to get confused -_- haha, but as we've been able to see into Kaname's past, it's made me dislike ((hate would be another word)) him less...though, i miss Zero a lot and i really hope they'll be some more scenes between Zero and Yuuki soon. it's all Kaname, Kaname and more Kaname..pshh
Jul 2, 2010 12:19 PM

Jun 2008
Interesting chapter. I had been waiting for the chapter that would show more of Kaname's past. ^_^
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Jul 2, 2010 2:32 PM
Sep 2009
Wow this chapter was really confusing! Thanks to the side notes, though, I got my thoughts set straight. So now we see the past of Kaname (not as the son of Haruka and Juri, but before that) and we see he was lonely, so very lonely :( And that he has always cared for the human race and the peace that should be between vampires and humans. But we were introduced by these hooded vampires who are still a mystery. The hooded vampire who told Kaname to drink her/his (seems like a her) blood is who!? I really want to know! People are saying it's Yuuki, but I don't see in any case how it could be Yuuki, unless she was reborn in the Kuran cycle... Hmm... Oh and this could be a really big factor to the war! I really need an explanation of these hooded vampires next chapter...

Oh and from Kaname's memories, we still do not see the hidden message behind what Kaname had said in the last chapter, "Yuuki, it's actually because I'm so dreadfully afraid that one day you might throw yourself into a lost cause and sacrifice your life in the attempt. I don't want to live that a second time." Key words: I don't want to live that a second time !!

So in Kaname's past life, he lost someone (Yuuki, maybe?) and he doesn't want that to happen again. Could it be the hooded vampire we saw just now? :o

Sorry for the long post! By the way, I miss Zero, too! Lol
Jul 2, 2010 3:53 PM
May 2008
As much as I like the story, the story-telling has been getting a lot more confusing lately. And I don't want to have to read those huge blocks of text on the sides that the scanlators have been kind enough to write but this is getting very annoying.
Jul 5, 2010 12:00 PM
Dec 2009
I agree, it's been increasingly confusing recently. But, these chapters have to be told to give people insight into the vampire past.

I suggest going to sagakure's website if your all confused, she's the scanlator and explains each frame.

P.s. I miss Zero too!!!!, it's looking more and more likely that yuuki will stay with Kaname :(
Jul 5, 2010 4:22 PM

Apr 2009
I have this strange felling that Yuuki is some sort of a reincarnation of a person Kaname used to love or something. O-o
Dunno why XDD
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jul 5, 2010 11:17 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Nothing more than I suspected more than 30 chapters ago... glad we're finally getting the story. Please, please, do not disappoint.
Jul 7, 2010 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
Zero doko? :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 7, 2010 9:12 AM

Dec 2009
Yuki really does look a lot like her mom. I can see why Rido calls her Juri a lot. :P
Jul 11, 2010 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
Thanks Jaded, you saved me again from scrambling my brain. =P
I loved how Kaname's past included the bit from back at the ice age. The part with the villagers was interesting too. What will happen next?
Jul 12, 2010 2:01 AM
Jul 2010
In what page does it say that Kaname is over 10,000 years old? :/
Jul 12, 2010 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
GothicQueen said:
I have this strange felling that Yuuki is some sort of a reincarnation of a person Kaname used to love or something. O-o
Dunno why XDD

That's the same thing I was thinking and made a post about it in the last chapter discussion. It would explain a lot. I'm not too thrilled with a reincarnation story, but like I said, it would explain why Kaname said he doesn't want to lose her again.

Jul 12, 2010 3:01 PM
Jul 2010
JadedLover said:
GothicQueen said:
Dunno why XDD

That's the same thing I was thinking and made a post about it in the last chapter discussion. It would explain a lot. I'm not too thrilled with a reincarnation story, but like I said, it would explain why Kaname said he doesn't want to lose her again.

I wouldn't like a reincarnation story either. It's very repetetive in anime...
Jun 26, 2011 6:27 AM

Aug 2009
Who's that woman under the hood?
chiquit0621Jun 26, 2011 6:32 AM

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Feb 5, 2014 3:42 AM

Feb 2014
After the latest chapter I'm not so confused. It was interesting to know about Kaname's past, but I'm tired of only Kaname... I miss Zero!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.