Forum Settings
Forums

What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

New
May 5, 11:18 AM

Apr 2024
Mine was Vectorman on the Sega Genesis ^_^ And my first console was Sega Genesis~

May 5, 11:32 AM

Dec 2019
Devil May Cry and my first console was Playstation 2
May 5, 11:35 AM

May 2022
Either a leapfrog tablet game, Papa's Pizzeria at a cousin's house, or Smash 3DS at another cousin's house. My first console ended up being a 3DS
May 5, 11:36 AM
Oct 2019
Super Mario Bros 1 on Nes and my first console was in order (Nintendo home,Sega Genesis foster family home and GameCube was the first I actually purchased and owned)
May 5, 12:25 PM

Feb 2020
First game console I played would have been my sister's Atari ST (the grey keyboard-looking thing).

I still have the very same one and and last time I checked it still worked, stupidly though I chucked out the mouse as I thought it was broken, but no doubt I had it in the wrong port. Still have all the same games I had too, although I know at least one floppy disk has failed, but not bad considering the age of them.

First game I have no idea....as this would be like 30 years ago, my best guess would either be Postman Pat or Double Dragon, and these both would have been on the ST.
May 5, 12:27 PM

Sep 2018
1st game I played Space invaders
1st console I actually owned gameboy
May 5, 4:32 PM

May 2019
First game i ever played was FIFA 98.

tchitchouanMay 5, 4:35 PM
May 5, 5:35 PM

Jul 2016
First game? Finding Nemo on the PS2 (or was it the GBA? IDK, I played both around the same time)
First console? Uhhhh... the PS2, lol (or maybe the GBA, I really don't remember well)
May 6, 1:39 AM

Aug 2018
Contra on NES, beat it several times with my brother.

Why do you hate cats?

May 6, 2:32 AM

Dec 2021
Lol idk probably like the original Wii Sports or something xD It’s still fun as hell, never managed to beat Matt though.
SaiteiDaOretteMay 9, 4:22 AM
May 6, 3:21 AM

Mar 2023
Lego Racers on the PC when i was like 4 years old.
May 6, 3:29 AM

Apr 2024
I think it's minesweeper
May 6, 3:52 AM

Oct 2015
Either Commander Keen or Chip's Challenge.
May 6, 8:50 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Auron_
Either Commander Keen or Chip's Challenge.
@Auron_
Commander Keen! Broooo I remember that game! I don't know anyone else who's played or remember that!
May 6, 11:23 AM

May 2021
It's hard to remember what the first game I ever played was because I was so young. It was either Halo CE's beta build for the Xbox, or Punch-Out!! on the NES.

First game console was the NES.
May 6, 8:18 PM
May 2012
Super Mario Bros for NES (1992), on NES I played 39 games
Resident Evil 2 for PSX (1998), on PSX I played 100 games
Halo 2 for XBOX (2004), on XBOX I played 55 games
Pokemon Red on Game Boy Color (1999), on GBC I played 3 games
I started gaming on PC around 2002 the first one is either Halo CE or Warcraft III, on PC I played 301 games but the average time I played on PC games is way higher.
I played emulated (first game) Mario 64 for Nintendo64, on emulated N64 I played 9 games
I played emulated (first game) Kingdom Hearts for PS2, on emulated PS2 I played 36 games
I did some game on Android about 10 but I don't really consider that gaming,the first one is Dream Girlfriend.
May 6, 8:26 PM

Aug 2018
Some Age of Empires game or some random PSP game, I can't remember.
May 7, 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
For PC I don't remember, probably Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear or Shadowman or Medal of Honor Allied Assault or Delta Force as I remember playing them as early as I was, cause my Late Father had shown me the games as early as he could cause I was attracted, the funny thing is that I learnt how to play on laptop/pc earlier than I learnt how to walk x)
For Nintendo DS it was Assasin's Creed Altair Chronicles
For og PSP it was Dante's Inferno [I would love some remake/anything like Dante's Inferno for PC as it felt like a proper portable console dark souls type game]
For VR it was Beat Saber

Here's videos of each mentioned game I've played:
May 7, 3:56 PM

Aug 2013
The very first one was:

SNES - Zelda A Link to the Past.

My family was stuck in the beginning of the game and didn't know how to progress further. I was the genius that uproot the weed and jumped down into the well. Armed with a big fat dictionary on my lap at the age of 8 I deciphered all the dialogues of the villagers in Kakariko village. Eventually after some time I finished the game.

For this game achievement I was rewarded a Game Boy for my b-day! :D I still have it, despite a faulty vertical line in the screen, it still works :D
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

THE HYPE IS REAL!! It's time!! 2 Become a legend, the Ghost of Tsushima
May 9, 1:44 AM

Jun 2021
it's very probable that my first played videogame in existence was a fresh out of release Street Fighter 2 arcade cabinet in 1991... my father brought me to a bar in my little town and helped me play with Ken, telling me "you are the red fighter, do your best". i was just 5 years old, but still convinced to this day that the character also had blond hair.

About home releases... Super Mario Bros for NES in the final days of 1992. He and my mom gave me and my brother as a gift the same console with a special bundle of 4 controllers, a multi tap, and the same cartridge had also Tetris and Nintendo World Cup. On the side, my parents also bought Star Wars and Solomon's Key. Needless to tell, my enthusiasm was so high that at 6/7 years old i already woke up at 7 AM to play the games... SMB was honestly easy to beat compared to the other titles and was completed in less than a year, Nintendo World Cup only in the summer of 1997 (there were passwords, but i didn't learn english at school until late 1996) and Star Wars / Solomon's Key in the late spring of 1999. In a time without internet, figuring out the mazes and puzzles of those two (still great) games was even... harder.

May 9, 4:57 AM

Jan 2023
Firste Game:

Crystal Caves

-

First Console:

Family Game

juanlqrMay 9, 5:05 AM
May 9, 5:53 AM
Apr 2024
The first video game I played was "Life with Tribe Mod APK," a simple but addictive mobile game where you build and manage a tribe. My first game console was the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), which introduced me to classics like Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda.
May 9, 6:34 AM
Jan 2023
Super Princess Peach (Nintendo DS). Fun game, too bad we'll never get a sequel. It's a game that Nintendo want us to forget about, but I refuse.
May 9, 6:31 PM

Oct 2023
Like some on here, mine was the OG Super Mario Bros on NES. Got it from a pawn shop with my hard earned allowance.
May 9, 7:15 PM

Jun 2015
i played a few games as a very little kid but i dont really remember which. one was a racing game on dirtbikes that wasnt very fun

first game that was *mine* was pokemon on gbc, and it's also the first time i got into games in general

May 11, 11:54 PM

Aug 2016
Can't remember specifically. One of

Super Mario Land (original Gameboy)
Tetris (original gameboy)
Doom (SNES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Mario Kart (SNES)

My cousin owned an SNES and I would watch him play it and then he'd be asking if I wanted to play too. The gameboy is the one my parents had bought me. I can't remember which console I played first
May 18, 4:08 PM

May 2016
my first ever game and console was Pokemon Diamond for the ds; i got them when i was 6

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
MAL Graph

More topics from this board

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

58 by ProGoddess »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3564 by Nette »»
Yesterday, 1:22 AM

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

10 by Alpha-Nine »»
May 23, 4:21 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

14 by Galletita »»
May 23, 7:56 AM

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

16 by SnipeStrike »»
May 23, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.