Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
Wakamiya really knows how to deliver on his actions.

This episode also goes to show that the councl really shouldn't be messed with when they're on the same page. I do think Wakamiya can be a bit reckless sometimes though, with regards to his decision to interrupt the council. Nonetheless, he still takes risks and isn't afraid to take action for what he believes in.
Stark700Apr 27, 11:56 AM
Apr 27, 12:14 PM
Sep 2015
The more I watch, the more I think this is not Apothecary's replacement, even if both have the same ingredients (four houses, red light district) but with different cooking method, the taste won't be the same.

Sumio just takes my breath away.
Apr 27, 12:25 PM

Jul 2017
Another good little episode. Haven't been too keen on most of the newer shows airing this season (not counting reboots), but this show has been continuing its solid streak of episodes and has been standing out fairly well to me. The Imperial Council meeting was brief but was fairly intense and intriguing at the same time to see how exactly this one year will pan out for Wakamiya's rise to the throne as well as Natsuka after having to pledge his life to him, even though we do know that most people involved are on Natsuka's side. Yukiya continues to be this unique character in a setting like this that I feel can make a big impact in the long run, kind of reminding me of a Shin in some ways in Kingdom's anime being a right hand man and key ally/friend to Ei Sei to achieve his ambitions. The action looked fairly solid too, better than I expected with Sumio kicking some ass there, although it did help that it was anticipated. Cliffhanger with Yukiya being dragged about shows that Wakamiya can be a bit risky and heartless at times lol. Overall though, hoping this show continues to improve more and more throughout its runtime.
Apr 27, 12:25 PM

Jul 2021
What an amazing show. With every episode it draws me in more and more.

"You will never betray me. Because I doubt my enemies can offer you anything you would value more than the trust I place in you."

What a line. It just gives off so much confidence, in his own judge of character and in Yukiya as a person. It's the highest praise that the Prince can give, when he's lived his entire life surrounded by enemies. It's the last thing Yukiya would've expected to hear, when no one's ever expected much from him and he's never thought much of himself. It's a leap of faith, a kind gesture of friendship, and a calculated investment and manipulation.
Apr 27, 2:23 PM

Feb 2019
This show really might be the most underrated of the season. The political intrigue, the cool art, the characters, the mind games, it’s a really nice departure from your usual seasonal. feels like a nice mix of Kokyou no Korasu and Ooku from a couple of seasons ago.

Yukiya and the prince’s relationship has been a pleasure to see develop. The prince’s line about trusting Yukiya to never betray him because no enemy could offer Yukiya something he values more than the prince’s trust was touching. Yukiya has dealt with a lot of insecurity issues throughout his life, so hearing that from someone of such high rank has to feel good. The prince seems to know exactly what to say and when to say it, perfect leader.

Gonna be fun seeing Yukiya moulded into a proper aide and noble over the course of the next year, and there’s no coincidence surely that the year timeframe lines up with the attempt to remove the prince from power.

Oh yea, wasn’t expecting them to snap with the fight scenes in this ep like that! That sumio scene where the prince threw him the sword and he catches it mid air was so damn smooth. Speaking of Sumio, him being a straight up bro playing the posh Prince’s aide trope is hilarious. Wasn’t expecting him to start talking so casually out of nowhere.

Good episode đź‘Ť
Marinate1016Apr 27, 2:49 PM
Apr 27, 2:50 PM
May 2017
An excellent episode!

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 27, 2:58 PM

Nov 2011
Did not expect such awesome action this episode yet here we are!

We learned Wakamiya has a sister as well. Interested to find out more about her.

Also curious who he will eventually choose as his wife. Probably Asebi but who knows.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 27, 4:25 PM

Mar 2016
A more interesting episode this time around, though not saying much. Yukiya and Wakamiya’s dynamic had quite some decent work here, though the Imperial Council argument had me very lulled, funny enough. Then again, the vibe of this series reminds me of Kingdom, a show I’m not at all fond of, especially adaptation-wise, and Yukiya is quite reminiscent of the excitable Xin Lei. Action’s fine, I guess, as I don’t expect much of it to begin with.
Apr 27, 4:32 PM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode

the story really began now
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 27, 5:40 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to SoraSenpai
Did not expect such awesome action this episode yet here we are!

We learned Wakamiya has a sister as well. Interested to find out more about her.

Also curious who he will eventually choose as his wife. Probably Asebi but who knows.
@SoraSenpai, Wakamiya's sister is Fujinami-san, Asebi's friend, she appeared in the first two episodes.
By the way, having learned more about Wakamiya's ways and nature, does anyone still believe that Asebi suits him as a spouse?
Apr 27, 7:14 PM
Apr 2024
The action is quite promising too, hope to see more action sequence in the future.
Apr 28, 3:07 AM

Jan 2017
Lez go! Yukiya accepted Wakamiya's offer to become his right man/aide and I was thrilled and touched by the events that led them up to that point...the council meeting, the attack that happened afterwards, and the prince's explanation of Yukiya's efforts after he fainted. Actually I rewatched that scene a couple of times as it was a very heartwarming moment. Now I am contemplating as to who will be his bride in the end--and for now I really assume it would be Asebi. Sumio was a very handsome character as well, just pleasing to the eye, even if he only appears at the crucial moments. I'm loving this show so far..
Apr 28, 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
Reply to KisMaczka
@SoraSenpai, Wakamiya's sister is Fujinami-san, Asebi's friend, she appeared in the first two episodes.
By the way, having learned more about Wakamiya's ways and nature, does anyone still believe that Asebi suits him as a spouse?
@KisMaczka Ah yes you're right. There's so many characters that it's sometimes hard to keep track at times. I still have issues remembering which concubine is from which house.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 28, 8:15 AM

Jul 2017
The Imperial Council in an attempt to disinherit the Prince Consort Wakamiya as the real kin'u, his interference would serve a big middle finger to the entire inheritance process.

Wakamiya going personally to deride the entire meeting, starting with his own father and taking his place as the new and true Kin'u, not even Natsuka can stop that fealty, even more for those who see him as a true Golden Raven. And then again in a fit of rage, having to acquire a wife in a span of a year, him going to the Central Pleasure District to be served by courtesans, Yukiya finds him baffling that he's able to roam around much without a guard in place. And yes, Wakamiya has guards around hidden in raven form like Sumio, and the assassination on his life, takes Yukiya too much of a toll.

It's clear that Wakamiya is not appreciated in the kingdomhood, and his mother's family was a part of the objectification and manipulation of the kingdom, alongside the concubines of various Houses that reside in the Cherry Blossom Palace. But to become Wakamiya's aide, Yukiya, as an idiot second son, still abided by his orders, and misfits as they are, he wants to make sure to rid the kingdom of its corruption and marry a bride within the Palace, all within the space of a year. And as much as Yukiya laments about him being used, he accepts Wakamiya's offer, alongside Sumio as a fellow protection raven and a close friend.

Wakamiya's lure of running risks within the entire Council to draw out his enemies, it's a bold move, but it has to be done sooner or later. And Yukiya would count that for a year to come. The true challenge comes now...

Apr 28, 1:02 PM
Sep 2014
Seems like this is going all out wuxia, very interesting, but also quite a turn from the initial setup with the four princesses. The action scene was really nice done, same with the city backgrounds, this series will be interesting to follow.
Apr 28, 1:13 PM

Nov 2023
I'm so glad I kept watching and didn't stop after episode one.

This is really underrated. More people need to watch it.
Apr 28, 2:05 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to txrxgxu
Seems like this is going all out wuxia, very interesting, but also quite a turn from the initial setup with the four princesses. The action scene was really nice done, same with the city backgrounds, this series will be interesting to follow.
@txrxgxu The princesses will reappear from time to time, they're important for the plot and, as regards them,
For the time being, I can't wait to hear Asebi play the koto and sing, because she is talented at that. How they'll present it in the anime...
Apr 28, 9:11 PM

May 2018
So far this is the best anime of the season, and I will die on that hill
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Apr 29, 6:39 AM

Sep 2023
Another great episode. I thought that Wakamiya's cunning and intelligence was really highlighted here, as he's able to manipulate the court and the nobles and even his brother without anyone really catching on. The animation during the fight sequence was cool, too. I am interested to see what the last scene with Yukiya being dragged away was all about. I'm really enjoying this anime thus far.
Apr 29, 11:04 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to SaintCelestian
Another great episode. I thought that Wakamiya's cunning and intelligence was really highlighted here, as he's able to manipulate the court and the nobles and even his brother without anyone really catching on. The animation during the fight sequence was cool, too. I am interested to see what the last scene with Yukiya being dragged away was all about. I'm really enjoying this anime thus far.
@SaintCelestian,The last scene is
And Yukia is right,Wakamiya is a heartless Oni...)))
Apr 29, 11:45 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to KisMaczka
@SaintCelestian,The last scene is
And Yukia is right,Wakamiya is a heartless Oni...)))
@KisMaczka Ah okay. I don't usually watch the previews because I like to avoid getting spoiled for anything, but that makes sense now that I went back and watched it.
Apr 30, 11:05 AM

Jul 2022
Sumio was so cool !!!!!
- yes I am average but how is that an excuse? -

May 1, 5:50 AM
Apr 2024
Nice we need more sakuga
May 12, 9:07 AM
Aug 2021
This ep was very cooool, I enjoyed a lottttttt :))))

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18

23 by dragynfaerie »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11

18 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 18, 8:52 PM

» My favorite anime of the season. Watch this if you want a serious story without silly comedy bits

MyllerPhiem - Apr 16

16 by txrxgxu »»
May 11, 11:20 AM

» Please give me spoilers.

mufarari - May 4

2 by Arifandi999 »»
May 10, 9:27 PM

» What genre is the ending theme categorised as?

Kuronn_ - May 6

2 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
May 7, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.