Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 10:12 AM

Jul 2021
Pied Piper of Hamelin
The most satisfying moment of this episode was Maria kicking away that filthy teacher.

Overall it was a nice quick watch
I just wish they connected all of them in a way and the stories were longer

For me it goes as
Cinderella > The Elves and the shoemaker > Hansel & Gretel > Pied Piper of Hamelin > Little Red Riding hood > The Town musicians of Bremen
Apr 17, 10:50 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Cestlavie_
Pied Piper of Hamelin
The most satisfying moment of this episode was Maria kicking away that filthy teacher.

Overall it was a nice quick watch
I just wish they connected all of them in a way and the stories were longer

For me it goes as
Cinderella > The Elves and the shoemaker > Hansel & Gretel > Pied Piper of Hamelin > Little Red Riding hood > The Town musicians of Bremen
This episode seems to have way higher video bitrate (around 4k) than all the other ones (around 1k), wonder why.

Anyway, I have so many questions about this episode. Like, I thought the teacher told the redhead to get out of his house, but then she's suddenly underground. Was it because the traveler played the music off-screen (not shown in the anime)? Also, he fell into underground and the trapdoor seemed to be locked, which is why he couldn't get out. But then, he suddenly got outside a few moments later.

I guess her fiance got NTR'd, huh? Also felt bad for her parents, they aren't the bad guys but lost their daughter.
RealNathApr 17, 10:58 AM
Apr 17, 10:59 AM

Jul 2021
RealNath said:
This episode seems to have way higher video bitrate (around 4k) than all the other ones (around 1k), wonder why.

Anyway, I have so many questions about this episode. Like, I thought the teacher told the redhead to get out of his house, but then she's suddenly underground. Was it because the traveler played the music off-screen (not shown in the anime)? Also, he fell into underground and the trapdoor seemed to be locked, which is why he couldn't get out. But then, he suddenly got outside a few moments later.

I guess her fiance got NTR'd, huh? Also felt bad for her parents, they aren't the bad guys but lost their daughter.

I assumed he went back and beat the Piper cause he was enamored with the painting.
Apr 17, 11:19 AM
Oct 2020
Forgot to ask about the Grimm siblings, how/why did her painting suddenly move in the post-credit? And is it just me or are her what-if questions (what if Cinderella wasn't a good girl, etc) in this episode's post-credit seem misplaced? I thought it would be better if it's at the beginning of the first story (Cinderella) and then show the audiences the answers to her what-ifs.
Apr 17, 4:45 PM

Nov 2012
This retelling wasn't as cohesive to me. There are too many holes. For me the main one being did they find out she went to bed with the teacher? If not what was the adults discussing while she was in her room? Don't even get me started about the end.
Apr 17, 7:07 PM

Apr 2022
well they saved the worst for last. most boring one by far but i guess it also has to do with the fact that this is the only story i didn't know.
cinderella > little red riding hood > the town musicians of bremen >>>> hansel & gretel > the elves and the shoemaker > pied piper of hamelin. it's like a 7 or 6.5/10 for me because that bottom 3 really bored me, the start was strong at least.
Apr 17, 8:08 PM

Oct 2019
Damn, what a drug filled moment in the end with the piper.
I had several issues with these. I think animation for all were pretty damn good. Imo, i felt the cinderella one was not really impressive. Whole ep was to show how fucking mental kiyoko was. Like it stated at the end, what if cinderella was bad as well as red riding hood. However, I just wasnt really feeling them that much. It was not something new which is fine. I would have liked some sort of cohesiveness with the stories. I felt this framing of these grim tales could have been better setup.
I was kinda dissapointed by some parts despite the equivalent of 2 eps for each story. I thought some parts didnt make sense or didnt do enough.
If i had to rank them: Elves and the shoemaker>hansel & gretel > Pied piper of hamelin> town musicians of bremen>cinderella>little red riding hood
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Apr 18, 5:17 AM

Sep 2008
Despite a unbearable thing or two (like the teacher's overzealous obsession for Maria (which ends up becoming his way of declaring his (perhaps unhealty) love for her) and the fact that it lacked a bit of cohesiveness

...it's still an enjoyable varation: nothing more, nothing less
LAboy456Apr 18, 9:42 AM
Apr 18, 8:19 AM
Nov 2010
This was kinda of a disappointing series for me. Not one episode was anything special or made me feel like I would recommend to someone. The twists of each were not as dark or thought provoking as the original tales. I was hoping for some payoff or bigger tie with the two brothers and their sister to at least makeup for these shortcomings but even that felt just thrown in to have a reason to tell us these stories.
Apr 19, 1:02 PM
Sep 2015
I feel like they should use Magic Flute music in this episode, but they already use in episode 1.
Apr 19, 4:27 PM
Jan 2017
i didn't understand the ending, like did the traveler take over the girl? did they merge into one being? and as others said it didn't really make sense and felt disjointed. that seems to be the issue with a lot of these episodes tho, like the shoemaker one completely lost me and i have no clue what happened and all the other ones have it to some degree, maby im just to stupid to get what they where trying to show.
Apr 19, 4:37 PM
Jan 2017
Reply to THE-DOG-CATCHER
This was kinda of a disappointing series for me. Not one episode was anything special or made me feel like I would recommend to someone. The twists of each were not as dark or thought provoking as the original tales. I was hoping for some payoff or bigger tie with the two brothers and their sister to at least makeup for these shortcomings but even that felt just thrown in to have a reason to tell us these stories.
@THE-DOG-CATCHER yeah from the trailer you expect them to be darker and all the protagonists to be the villians of there stories like how cinderella was the bad guy in hers but that could have been darker, the rest of them the MC's from the original didn't really seem like they where the villains. the whole time i was expecting something to happen with the siblings even or the last episode to focus more on them or to just be about them but they where kinda just there. i think some of the Grimes original story was darker then these. and they at least made kinda sense some of these like the shoemaker episode i have no clue what happened at all it was so confusing.
Apr 19, 7:07 PM
Nov 2010
Reply to PrincessJAM
@THE-DOG-CATCHER yeah from the trailer you expect them to be darker and all the protagonists to be the villians of there stories like how cinderella was the bad guy in hers but that could have been darker, the rest of them the MC's from the original didn't really seem like they where the villains. the whole time i was expecting something to happen with the siblings even or the last episode to focus more on them or to just be about them but they where kinda just there. i think some of the Grimes original story was darker then these. and they at least made kinda sense some of these like the shoemaker episode i have no clue what happened at all it was so confusing.
@PrincessJAM The shoemaker episode was the only one that I didn't follow all the way. I understood the message and the idea but the final few minutes kinda felt like it was out of left field. I don't understand at what point he had passed or if it was foreshadowed somewhere in the episode and was not interested enough to re-watch to figure out. I even looked up the tales it was adapting for that and couldn't place that plot point. I am ok with an episodic show but the last scene feels like it was implying that there was some greater overarching story that just wasn't there with the siblings.
Apr 21, 2:17 PM
Dec 2018
I have never seen anything so lewd. Scandalous! It was good overall, i like some more, some less. Little Red Riding Hood and The Town Musicians of Bremen are the weakest ones. I'm not saying they are bad.

7/10
My Candies:

Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Dec 2018
why'd they have to end on the worst episode of the bunch, laugh... Literally winded up skipping some of the incel teacher's monologue.
Apr 24, 9:10 PM
May 2020
There once was a series called FaerieTale Theatre produced by Shelley Duvall before she left the Hollywood scene.
This series is an example of something she would have done if she were still in the game.
Let's revisit all the folktales and all the endings!
Apr 25, 7:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
alternative version of Pied Piper of Hamelin to closed the season!!!

It was cool, Maria a girl closed in a mountain towns without daily beauty changed the day that arrived a traveller!!!

The teacher, horrible human!
Gran Code, the worst!!

harshness and misfortune!!

7/10 for this "fairy tail" and
7/10 for all the season, I enjoyed!!!
kekeke
Apr 25, 8:10 AM

Nov 2012
why was everyone in this ep such a dick? made them pretty hard to relate to and root for, none of them at all endearing.

overall this is a mixed bag I guess, wish I could rate the eps individually. 3 & 4 by far the best of the bunch, would be 8 and 9 respectively, 4 was easily my favourite and the best ep imo.

the rest were just average, so maybe a 7/10 in total the more average eps bringing the overall score down for me! Still worth the watch tho! I'm tempted to tell anyone I recommend this to start at eps 3 & 4 since they're all self contained.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 25, 8:51 AM
Aug 2020
maybe not my favourite episode

the dude was crazy in love...

at he end, i probably enojoyed 4/6 episodes

7/10
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 26, 11:08 PM
Aug 2015
Lmaoo, who would've thought we'd see Nasujima from Durarara twin in another anime. Not only they work as teacher, they have similar design and personalities too.

renzosparkApr 26, 11:18 PM
Apr 28, 12:22 AM

Sep 2021
this was like re-watching The Village (2004)
May 3, 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
Yep, Cinderella was the peak of this serie, but all the story are interesting especialy 4# and 6#
9 hours ago
Jul 2008
overall decent but charlotte and her brothers don't even do anything to the story, might just cut them from the story.

I was expecting horror because of the horror tag but only met with gore, should have been gore not horror tag.

the pied piper story is quite weird, they are really exited because of the picture but the next thing is they are already in bed naked? why get excited over a photo of a man and woman embracing themselves if you can do it yourself lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 3 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

24 by Dream_END »»
Yesterday, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 4 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

36 by RobertBobert »»
May 3, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 5 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

15 by RobertBobert »»
May 3, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 1 Discussion

RealNath - Apr 17

33 by Dream_END »»
May 2, 9:23 AM

Poll: » What's your favourite episode ? (Poll)

ZXEAN - Apr 18

12 by sweetprettygeek »»
May 2, 12:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.