Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2008 5:10 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
BEAUTIFUL!!! i guess mitsuki was the one chosen but atleast they were all happy in the end but the part where mitsuki cries is kinda sad i mean she gave p her dream and watch it be done by someone else... so sad..

is the ova of this a continuation or adaptation?
Apr 17, 2008 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
This episode made me cry, and was quite the perfect bitter sweet ending. Also, I thought the Mitsuki ending was best, she had worked so hard for him after all... Haruka over-idealized her relationship with him, but in the end she was able to let go of her past and attempt to move on. I still don't understand why he's such a hated male lead though...

The OVA is sort of an alternate ending/ a continuation. Sort of, a continuation with some altered events.
Apr 23, 2008 5:30 PM
Mar 2008
Amazing ending, I cried at the ending.
I was pushing toward an Akane x Narumi ending, but I guess that'd be impossible.
Alternate ending OVA? Possibly my long awaited Akane x Narumi ending? I guess I'll watch it.
May 10, 2008 8:24 PM

Aug 2007
Great ending. I got a little dust in my eye for a bit there.

I'm glad everything worked out in the end, though it was one hell of a journey to get there.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
May 18, 2008 8:28 PM

Feb 2008
I thought that a very super sad situation will happen there. I'm really glad that a happy ending has been made.

It took my eyes so teary, but not in the state of crying. XD LOL!

I'm looking forward for the OVAs. Don't know where to get them.
Jul 4, 2008 11:43 PM

Apr 2008
narumi was so stupid, he made it hard for me to like this series until the end. mitsuki deserved to be treated better! but overall i enjoyed it.
the ending was very well done, both girls ended up happy, and the one who needed the guy more got him :)

also, i feel that haruka lacked screen time.
Jul 6, 2008 11:12 AM
May 2008
I didnt like the ending, i was wanting Haurka x Narumi ending, o well guess that why thay creatd the OVA's :D
Jul 18, 2008 3:54 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm makes one wonder what this anime is made about. If the main character was one bit less indecisive it would have been finished at the end of the third episode, so the scenario is quite weakand unrealistic . And the direction is very bad at times, you feel as if the director is lost. Some sequences simply do not make any sense at all. I personnally didn't feel anything seeing Haruka in a coma, not because it wasn't sad, but because it's so badly written and directed that I couldn't sympathize with her really...

I put 8/10 just for the first two episodes which were almost perfect (the twist is great) and the overall emotionnal and psychological sides which are well developped, even if they are ruined by a lazy directorship.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 23, 2008 10:19 PM

Aug 2008
So you treated her like s**t for the last 10 episodes or so, but now you need her in your life. Screw you buddy!

WinterNightsFall said:
Great ending. I got a little dust in my eye for a bit there.

I'm glad everything worked out in the end, though it was one hell of a journey to get there.

Yeah, that damn dust! Right at the time when Haruka told the story of Mayauru's Gift. Couldn't get it out for like 5 minutes..

Great ending, just how it needed to be. Could have used a wedding though..
Oct 24, 2008 2:32 PM

Jan 2008
Kvakond said:
Great ending, just how it needed to be. Could have used a wedding though..

Yeah, I wouldn't have mind a more defined "closure", but it was a great ending nevertheless.

Nov 4, 2008 12:54 AM

Jun 2008
i sure am glad Haruka didn't end up with that jerk. thank goodness for this ending. i'm happy for her.
Dec 16, 2008 12:40 AM

Aug 2008
Kyon97 said:

the ending was very well done, both girls ended up happy, and the one who needed the guy more got him :)

Not quite sure that both girls end up happy. Haruka's ending was so sad for me that it was unbeareble to watch! She lost everything and there is not a thing that she is responsible for what happened to her. She really is a victim of life.
Jan 9, 2009 10:36 PM

Apr 2008
^ For Haruka the three years in a coma and losing Narumi at the end, but apart from that I really wouldn't say she suffered as much as the other mains. Plus she's really moved forwarded and even accomplished her dream of writing picture books. Mitsuki and Narumi missing out on their dreams but they have each other, and have also moved on.

Although my favourite character was Mitsuki's ex-boss, so happy she finally managed to get her divorce!!!! :>

Already a Kishou Taniyama fan, but his VAing of Narumi, and Chiaki Takahashi of Mitsuki, where both stand out preformances. Overall loved the ending and the series in general, though probably could have done without the more soap opera moments. :P
nehnehnejiJan 9, 2009 10:41 PM
Jan 11, 2009 3:03 AM

Dec 2007
Liked this series, 8/10, had a very bitter sweet ending. Since I watched this on Hulu I feel the ending would have had much more of an impact if Funimation subbed the book in the end. They're notorious for even going as far as covering up a lot of kana and kanji with roman letters but they can't even be bothered to sub Haruka's book, who knows, that could've been the thing in an anime to finally evoke tears from me.

#NBHNC
Jan 26, 2009 12:16 AM

Apr 2008
I didn't like how it ended but this is a good series.

I hate Mitsuki, I guess.

7/10

Apr 11, 2009 3:41 PM
Jul 2007
Ending is bad...

I hated Mitsuki and Narumi
Apr 12, 2009 11:22 PM
Dec 2008
every single character is like a robot
Apr 15, 2009 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
I hated this show's guts because of the ending and Narumi's indecisiveness. Any show like that gets a big thumbs down from me. Like someone mentioned a few posts prior, Haruka was a victim of life and lost everything.

What a shitload of bull. *cursecursetrashtalkbashbashrant* I really can't say how much I detested the Narumi and Mitsuki ending. But, that's about the only thing bad about the show.. : Akane-chan was the amazingest character. Just had to point that out. :3

May 27, 2009 11:52 AM
May 2009
Not sure how I feel about the ending. The farewell was really sad, and I'm not quite sure I understand the character's motivations behind it. The mood was fitting, in that everyone ended up moving on with their lives, and things worked out. It's true to my experiences, bad things may happen but life goes on. I'm excited to see how the OVAs handle things.
Jul 11, 2009 4:58 PM

Nov 2007
sad ending. so yeah after 10 episodes he realizes he treated her like crap while she did everything for him and she forgives him and happy ending. it was kind of touching akana got to live her dream and thanked her for it. funny how ayu/mayu can liven up the saddest moments. it's too bad they had to say farewell to haruka like that but I guess it was the only way they could all move on.

Imagine how different things could of occurred without the accident. I preferred Mitsuki but I would of rather seen their ending handled differently as he needed to do something to make up to her. Haruka never did find out why he was late or anything like that.
Jul 13, 2009 4:15 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't like this series =/ They made all the characters hateful and the story was really slow-paced in comparison. (I really liked Haruka being shy...)

The only good episodes were 1&2 u_u

Jul 15, 2009 6:32 PM
Jan 2008
this anime is great but the ending is like, i like it but i dont like it at the same time does anyone get me?

Jul 22, 2009 2:06 AM

Mar 2009
the ending was good although mitsuki and narumi had to take a lot of time to settle the demons in their hearts. kinda felt like goin back to ep3...well anyways this made a lot of sense to put closure to the series which was wat one'd expect IRL.
Jul 25, 2009 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
I loved this series but I was expecting something more of the ending.
Narumi's behaviour is kind of confusing to me :/ I had doubts about how he feels during all the episodes.
Mitsuki x Narumi didn't seem like "meant to be"... But Narumi x Haruka neither :/
Aug 13, 2009 4:07 PM

Dec 2007
A great series. I loved how I myself never was sure about how I felt about the various characters. At times I'd despise them, at times I'd feel bad for them and at times I just loved them.

I wish that we could have seen a bit more of Takayuki and Mitsuki towards the end though. Overall 9/10

Edit: GAH, I've been changing the score back an forth between 8 and 9 for ages now. Screw that, it stays a 9 now.
yakisobapanSep 10, 2009 6:43 PM
Aug 17, 2009 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
amazing ending...and because they have The ova( alternate ending) they carn't go wrong..
Aug 17, 2009 11:36 PM

Jun 2009
I feel sad for Haruka, as she lost everything to Mitsuki seducing Narumi and betraying her, and Mitsuki even sorta caused the accident as she made narumi late to meet haruka to freakin start with. She brought the suffering she recieved upon herself IMO by getting entangled in a romantic relationship when Narumi wasn't even close to being over Haruka. Getting naked then hugging Narumi and saying "i love you" while he was like that.. ugh. h8 h8 h8 mitsuki. At least Haruka seems to be surviving after all that, making books :)

All that said this was a decent anime, and the ending brought closure somewhat. 7/10.
Aug 25, 2009 11:29 PM
May 2008
I don't see how anyone could say it was a bad ending. In all the shows similar to this that provide no closure, everyone's like "they should have at least picked someone". And now that one of these shows finally pulls it off, everyone gets pissed and starts throwing a temper tantrum. I guess the only other way for it to end would be for Haruka to get the guy, which would have been upsetting for me because she basically chilled out in a hospital bed for the whole series.

Aug 25, 2009 11:51 PM
May 2008
Good Series but the ending SUCKS.
Sep 12, 2009 9:10 PM

Aug 2009
9/10
I fucking typed 3 paragraphs about this episode then I got disconnected. I won't bother typing it again bullshit.
Sep 26, 2009 5:07 AM

Apr 2008
A very decent serie with alot of drama indeed.
I don't really get what was up with him switching back to Haruka the moment she woke up. Sure,he did fall in love with her before the acceident and all that,but bloody 3 years. Mitsuki were in love with him,and Narumi just gave a fuck about that. Abit despiseable that Narumi for behaving the way he did,but I was glad when they actually did end up together at the end.
I did miss a ending with more a "ending" to it,but I guess you can't have it all. I felt it was more of a missing slot at the end without anything seen about what they did later on. Narumi on the streets,obviusly also took the jov he was offered, and Mitsuki being alone crying over that thing. didn't really show what I wanted it to. even so, I give this def a 9/10.
Oct 20, 2009 9:43 AM
Nov 2008
Finished it last night. Series was ok. Though the beginning was great and enjoyed the end. But once the series caught up with the present and Haruka woke up, the middle of the show was kind of a struggle. Nothing happened. Mitsuki and Narumi went back and forth on living together, and people kept lying to Haruka as if nothing happened. At times, it felt like the show didn't know what it wanted to be. Sometimes it was going for a complex romance, sometimes a deep tragedy, and sometimes even a silly comedy. Once development started up again towards the end, I began to appreciate the show once more.

From the very beginning to the very end, I felt like I never had a grasp on Narumi's feelings. Maybe that was the point, given the messed up circumstances, but it was hard to cheer for him when I had no idea what I was really cheering for. Even at the end with his final "confession" to Mitsuki, I wasn't really convinced of what was in his heart.

I did however think the epilogue was fantastic. Haruka's story absolutely beautiful, and the look on her face as she turned from the tree pretty much spoke for itself. Despite any actual conclusions, that felt like a very solid ending.

Overall: 8/10. I've never really seen another show like KgNE, and despite it's flaws, it was certainly an interesting watch. Probably wasn't the best idea to watch it immediately after Kanon though. I'm gonna have to back off the tragic shows for a while :P
Dec 5, 2009 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
Hated the fact that he ended up with mitsuki. I just felt that mitsuki betrayed haruka in so many ways. I mean what kind of person goes after the best friends boyfriend and thinks its o.k. Its her fault she didnt make a move first, haruka is not a mind reader. While haruka is lying there in a coma, she goes after the guy when he is most vulnerable. I just don't see how that is right in any way,shape, or form. Overall it was a good anime, but I still didnt like that he ended up with mitsuki.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 2, 2010 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
damn i thought he loved Haruka. wtffff I'm pissed but still nonetheless a good ending :D
Feb 21, 2010 6:37 AM

Feb 2010
I honestly can't describe how much I HATED the ending. O-M-G... fuck this anime. seriously.
I loved episodes 1&2, and I was like "hey, this anime is THE BEZZZZT"
BUT MY GOD.. Horrible.
I'm so angry and depressed.. GAAAH.
*crawl under blanket to cry* ;_____; FML
Mar 14, 2010 8:19 AM

Jul 2009
Painful..i didn't even know how what score i'm gonna gave to this anime seriously..anyone?

I think i'm gonna take a break from this kind of anime..anyone knows cheerful, stupid, ecchi anime? i think i need to recover my happy points for a while
LaevanteinMar 14, 2010 8:25 AM
May 1, 2010 3:23 AM

Jul 2009
First of all, I do not get why anybody would score this series under a 9. This anime was as real as it get and if you're too ignorant to see the tragedies that appears in our society, then you sir, you need a reality check. Flame all you want but, that is a fact, and if you want statistics, the best thing you can do is to drown yourself in numbers because that's probably where you find your reality.

Love is indecisive, life is harsh, and if a girl strips infront of you, and you refuse, then you're lying or homosexual. Mistuki is not a 'whore', she indulged herself in what sets her freer. However, yes, she is selfish, but, who isn't? Is it wrong to strive for what you love?

Edit: Oh and if you seriously expect someone to wait for someone for 3 years (if not more b/c they didn't even know at the time), then you're absolutely crazy.

I would also like to add, the characters in this story made one of, if not the best, development in all the animes I have so far come across. There are a few individual characters out there that are at the top but, to have an anime which has character development for almost all of its protagonists, is truly outstanding.

9.5/10
Some repetitive flaws; however, it was necessary.
10/10
KurogashiMay 1, 2010 11:37 AM
May 31, 2010 11:59 PM

Apr 2009
charlottepanda said:
I honestly can't describe how much I HATED the ending. O-M-G... fuck this anime. seriously.
I loved episodes 1&2, and I was like "hey, this anime is THE BEZZZZT"
BUT MY GOD.. Horrible.
I'm so angry and depressed.. GAAAH.
*crawl under blanket to cry* ;_____; FML

This quote sums up what i feel >.> ARGHNESS
Jun 5, 2010 7:50 PM
Mar 2010
inachan said:
Kyon97 said:

Not quite sure that both girls end up happy. Haruka's ending was so sad for me that it was unbeareble to watch! She lost everything and there is not a thing that she is responsible for what happened to her. She really is a victim of life.

Well explained! +1

nehnehneji said:

^ For Haruka the three years in a coma and losing Narumi at the end, but apart from that I really wouldn't say she suffered as much as the other mains. Plus she's really moved forwarded and even accomplished her dream of writing picture books. Mitsuki and Narumi missing out on their dreams but they have each other, and have also moved on.

You are also right!

But I really pity Haruka - the victim of life :(

10/10

Best regards
Jul 7, 2010 2:26 PM

May 2009
GOOD END.

Narumi finally got over his damn indecisiveness. Mitsuki got to be with the one she loves. Haruka recovered and was able to make her dream come true with the picture book. Akane is doing well with the swimming and she seems happy again. Shinji got together with that girl, Miki. It was painful, but it all turned out fine. ^^

And in the end, they all met each other again. On that hill~
Jul 10, 2010 6:58 PM

Nov 2009
I don't see how he picked Mitsuki in the end. It was... VERY unexpected. I was cheering for her until they broke up, then i was hoping he would go for Haruka. Series felt a little too long for a single conflict as if it ran out of gas by the end.

7/10
Aug 4, 2010 3:12 PM

Aug 2010
Uh, I didn't really care at all if Mitsuki and Takayuki got together or not. Almost during the whole series I was indifferent when it comes to them. I'm just glad that Akane and Haruka seemed to be happy in the end. A happy ending for me. I'm even kind of glad that Haruka and Takayuki didn't get together.
SirAdAug 4, 2010 3:47 PM
Aug 4, 2010 5:12 PM

Jul 2009
So. Much. Drama. It's funny because I switched which heroine I would cheer for midway; I liked the blue haired girl at first but then she became really annoying and weak-willed, and the orange haired girl looked so much better after 3 years passed...hehe.

Not too happy about watching this, causes me to uneccessarily dwell deeply on it xDxD
Aug 14, 2010 4:25 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, I didn't actually think he would go after Mitsuki again! Still a happy ending after all, good stuff! =)

In the end a 7/10 for me.

Aug 16, 2010 11:12 AM

Jul 2008
I didnt like the ending .... Narumi is soo selfish , haruka wasted three years coz of his stupidy and yet he chose mistuki... i think haruka deserves the best

Sep 3, 2010 10:32 AM

Feb 2010
i usually don't like romance dramas (cuz they might turn out like school days) but this one was pretty good. but i couldn't wait to finish it cuz i had this weird vibe watching it the whole time. rom coms FTW
Sep 21, 2010 1:49 AM
Nov 2008
I really disliked Mitsuki, so I was a bit disappointed with ending. :D
From those two Narumi should choose...

dvjSep 21, 2010 1:55 AM
Oct 22, 2010 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
Sylpheed said:
I didn't like how it ended but this is a good series.

I hate Mitsuki, I guess.

7/10

same here.
Oct 24, 2010 1:29 AM

Nov 2008
A beautiful story. I have enjoyed many different shows, but this is one of the few that I am truly glad I found and watched.
This just goes to show you that an anime doesn't have to have to be fantasy based to be good.
Oct 30, 2010 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
i think this was the best and most REALISTIC ending.

haruka ending is just too idealistic.

10/10 !! this is the best slice of life anime next to clannad i have seen thus far.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mitsuki or Haruka? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 1, 2007

255 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

52 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 23, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 3 Discussion

Di27 - Apr 16, 2008

47 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

55 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 8, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

54 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 7, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.