Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 7:02 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to Takata
winddevil1 said:
think i read someone talking about the 1 star being too much for Sora before (probably they read the novel, no idea), which meant Ivy can be the only one with a slime like this one, interesting tbh ... but does this confirm she is indeed starless? i still have a hope that she has like 10 stars but couldn't be measured

that last moment with Ciel appearing and everyone seeing it, impressive tbh
If she had a high star level, it would undermine the recurring idea that the star level and skill one is born with correlate poorly to their worth as a person.
Aside, it feels kind of like the opposite to one thing in Kinsou no Vermeil, where the main character's inherent magic is too powerful, leading him to repeatedly fail at summoning a familiar because none would dare approach him, until he gets lucky with a powerful demon.

As for Ciel, that must have been a crazy heart-stopping moment for all of Ivy's friends, seeing a presumably wild Adandala leap right next to their town's defenseless hero.

HornyMushroom said:
First 6 or 7 episodes was lovely. The latter half was still good but the kidnapping plot dragged on too long and got a bit out hand. I think most people like this story for Ivy's slice of life adventures with her cute af slime buddy, not this high stakes gang busting plot. The way it played out wasn't that interesting either since it was just Ivy masterminding everything and Sora basically just functioned as a lie detector.

Honestly the few flaws with this story all stem from the isekai aspect. From episode 1 I felt it was completely unnecessary, and by the end it was actively making the story less enjoyable. It feels like the author wanted to write a main character who is smarter and more knowledgeable than every other character in the story despite being a kid, but they couldn't think of a way make it seem believable so they resorted to this body sharing setup with an isekai'd person.

Ivy being a child who is wise beyond her years and mature for her age makes sense given her back story but making her always be the smartest person in the room is silly.
Maybe the organization-busting plot could have been interesting, but I'll agree the way they use Sora as an allegiance-detector is kind of boring, as is the way almost everything just went according to Ivy's plan. I recall hearing that missions in games are some combination of planning and improvisation, and I don't think there's enough improvisation here. Most of it's between Lattrua and Green Gale.
I'm also slightly reminded of the time Suzumiya Haruhi's SOS brigade plays against the computer club in a computer game, and the computer club is cheating by playing with fog of war off.
That is one minor thing I would have liked to have seen more in the anime. A few of the plan changes were actually made in the heat of the moment, causing supreme confusion among both the organization and allies.

We saw a bit of that with the captain of the guard not knowing what the hell was going on in Episode 10 at the end but, in the LN, it was even more pronounced. They had to simplify it a bit to meet the 12-episode budget. Just having one more episode would have ideal. That way they could flesh out the plan a little more and show a bit more of the cleanup/aftermath before Ivy left. But such are budgets and life.

Ivy literally hopped into town, threw a confusion bomb at everyone without meaning to, and was surprised it worked as well as it did. All while expecting people to tell her the plan was too reckless the whole time/an adult to step in and tell her the plan wasn't feasible. The only reason it worked is because of the mass confusion it caused.

Nothing more dangerous that fighting an amateur in a duel. You never know what they might do. In a normal duel, you have a general idea of tactics an opponent might use. Ivy was the unwitting wild card that came out of nowhere and just smashed all the rules of engagement.
Mar 30, 7:29 AM
Apr 2023
It was the small story section of sora before meeting ivy that made me give this episode a 5*... That little snippet was so emotional with so many emotions expressed in that few seconds long clip.... It was exceptional....
Mar 30, 7:41 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to Callidin
Then be spoiled!

Heavy agree on a wonderful show. It doesn't have the production values of, say, Frieren or Apothecary Diaries but it's still way above average and hits the right spots.

I also highly recommend the LNs. There are small details the anime summarized or had to cut to get everything to fit into 12 episodes. Things like what exactly happened in Ivy's village after it started to collapse are present in the LN.

And yes, that is a heavy confirm that she is starless under the Skill System. Too weak to tame most things with her mana but weak enough to tame the fragile lifeform that is a kuzure slime. ...Luba did say something interesting in Ep3 though that may hint at something.
@Callidin thanks for the spoiler

yeah, i have a small list of novels that i might check one day (namely Mushoku Tensei, rezero, Elaina, neighbor angel and Sasaki pii-chan (mostly for the neighbor girl, i like that the novel has her pov too lols), i probably forgot something... anyway, this one is a good add to that
about skipping details, every anime has to do it unfortunately

Luba saying that with allies and knowledge anyone can be happy? that's true, they said it at the end of this episode, how Ivy is doing better than some people with higher stars, since she managed to tame the big cat and the rare slime and they are amazing to her wth their skills

fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 30, 7:50 AM
Mar 2023
Next Journey await Ivy
Mar 30, 7:59 AM

Jun 2019
The first half was a pretty easy 7/10 for me. I was especially impressed by the first episode and how it seemed content and in no rush just to let Femicia/Ivy wander around by herself in the woods and rural countryside, slowly talk to herself and with her split consciousness/past life, and slowly become acquainted with Sora, as well as hunt and forage for used goods from trash dump sites. The art and animation of the forest and general natural environment was gorgeous. I get that often the first episode is the most technically visually impressive of many series as that is where the budget is allocated to create the best first impression, and I'm not a big nag or stickler for visual quality anyway compared to a lot of people, but that contributed to its quality and entrancement for sure. I was also impressed with how dark and how much of an emotional assault they were willing to allow the third episode to become, and somewhat understand why they opted not to go with a strict chronological ordering and show that as the third episode rather than the first. The first and third episodes were the best and most impressive of the entire series. But the second and fourth or fourth and fifth were also quite good.

The latter half of the show was such a step down and letdown compared to that and was more like a 5/10 or lower in my eyes, because it just became another generic power fantasy about "The isekai'd main character is an unlucky, poor, downtrodden, outcast loser with no family or friends, no belongings, and no power or authority, but now suddenly nearly everyone they encounter is super nice to them, worships them for existing and kisses the ground they walk on, and praises them in every other line of conversation. So you thought they were weak and powerless, but actually they are the chosen child and more akin to a superhero who have now gained all magic, supporters, and good fortune in the span of like a few episodes!" I find that storytelling so repetitive in the negative sense and dull as dishwater, truthfully. It's been done so often and is rarely ever done in an interesting manner in these isekai seasonals.

The second half isn't "bad". It's just painfully average and like 10,000 other series just like that. The first half I thought really showed the potential to be something special, how it could oscillate between between both lighthearted, cute, and cozy as well as thematically intense, dark, and dramatic, and seemed almost something approaching the spirit of a Kino no Tabi, or, more likely/realistically, Majo no Tabitabi. But then it squandered that.

The first half is the kind of show I could watch easily dozens, even hundreds or more episodes of gladly and enthusiastically, whereas the second, and if the rest of the series is going to be like the second, I won't watch another season.
WatchTillTandavaMar 30, 8:05 AM
Mar 30, 10:54 AM

May 2015
Such a nice group of people, this became really a good homelike place for Ivy to return to. Hope she gets to see them again one day. I especially liked Lattrua, he seems very kind and reliable.

Great anime overall, 8/10. The organization eradication surprised me, but it was an interesting turn of events and a change of pace, and showed how Ivy can be a useful member of society despite lacking any stars. And it actually makes her the only one capable to tame fragile beings, neat! As I understand she didn't tame Ciel though, I wonder if this will happen in the future, or maybe it isn't really needed since Ciel already loyally follows her.

The last sequence after credits was very beautiful.

Mar 30, 1:40 PM

Apr 2016
I love this series, i'm way too soft for these type of shows. Such a good way to end the season + the post credit is chef kiss.

See you Femicia, Sora, and Ciel.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 30, 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
This was great anime, a true hidden gem.

Hopefully we will get season 2 eventually, I would love to see what kind of situations Ivy finds herself into later on.

And I wish this studio all the best, for their first anime series they have done good.
Mar 30, 7:17 PM
Aug 2023
What a wonderful finale episode, it felt bitter sweet while also hopeful, heartwarming and inspiring. The presentation in this anime was really wonderful despite the relatively lower budget. The first episode really showed off it's presentation, as did the post credits scene in this finale. The caught noble blabbing during his interrogation, the fate of Meela, the tallying of reward money in field mice meat, and everybody startled a moment at Ciel running out of nowhere to Ivy; this anime seems to be able to present a whole assortment of even brief scenes very well from comedy, serious, and heartwarming tones very well. I quite enjoyed this anime, it felt really unique also.

@Callidin
Hey thanks for putting in LN comparisons for every episode, I read every one while I binged through this anime since starting yesterday. I found them all interesting and insightful.

I don't suppose I can trouble you for a spoiler? (thanks in advance if so). I want to know what's up with Ivy's past "memories". Her past memories don't exactly seem to act strictly like "memories", it's more like a separate consciousness she either talks to, or it observes and tells her things. I suspect it was more than mere memories when it reminded Ivy that she had reward money to fall back on which she got for reporting the ogre attack, that's a specific thing in this isekai world, and a specific situation to Ivy. Nothing to do with memories, more like a consciousness computing her present situation for her. It actually doesn't seem to have the same personality as her, is it actually her? And do they eventually merge or something? I suspect it eventually ties in with the story about the outworlder saving the world with mysterious powers, and her no stars. Go ahead and spoil it all if you'd like, if I do decide to read the LN, it's going to be at the end of a long line of other LNs, and I would have forgotten much by then.
Mar 31, 2:59 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to Garrett_Dark
What a wonderful finale episode, it felt bitter sweet while also hopeful, heartwarming and inspiring. The presentation in this anime was really wonderful despite the relatively lower budget. The first episode really showed off it's presentation, as did the post credits scene in this finale. The caught noble blabbing during his interrogation, the fate of Meela, the tallying of reward money in field mice meat, and everybody startled a moment at Ciel running out of nowhere to Ivy; this anime seems to be able to present a whole assortment of even brief scenes very well from comedy, serious, and heartwarming tones very well. I quite enjoyed this anime, it felt really unique also.

@Callidin
Hey thanks for putting in LN comparisons for every episode, I read every one while I binged through this anime since starting yesterday. I found them all interesting and insightful.

I don't suppose I can trouble you for a spoiler? (thanks in advance if so). I want to know what's up with Ivy's past "memories". Her past memories don't exactly seem to act strictly like "memories", it's more like a separate consciousness she either talks to, or it observes and tells her things. I suspect it was more than mere memories when it reminded Ivy that she had reward money to fall back on which she got for reporting the ogre attack, that's a specific thing in this isekai world, and a specific situation to Ivy. Nothing to do with memories, more like a consciousness computing her present situation for her. It actually doesn't seem to have the same personality as her, is it actually her? And do they eventually merge or something? I suspect it eventually ties in with the story about the outworlder saving the world with mysterious powers, and her no stars. Go ahead and spoil it all if you'd like, if I do decide to read the LN, it's going to be at the end of a long line of other LNs, and I would have forgotten much by then.
@Garrett_Dark Hmm.

Mar 31, 7:24 PM

Dec 2020
What unexpected gem this series was!

I also liked how everyone jumped as soon as ciel came out. Like those videos where they release little animals out in the wild and immediately a hawk snatches it lol
Apr 3, 8:31 AM
Oct 2022
Still hate the stupid anime-only Meela betrayal.

P.S.: I think it's weird she keeps using the "boy voice" when she's alone.
HyperlinkBlockedApr 3, 8:43 AM
Apr 3, 9:54 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
Still hate the stupid anime-only Meela betrayal.

P.S.: I think it's weird she keeps using the "boy voice" when she's alone.
HyperlinkBlocked said:
I think it's weird she keeps using the "boy voice" when she's alone.

Oh, I didn't notice until you mentioned it. Interesting.

I think it could be interpreted as her embracing her new identity (not in a gender way, but as a person; she's now a traveling adventurer who wants to help others). She even states "My name is Ivy" in her final lines; it's not an alias anymore. I even forgot what Ivy's real name was.

It was endearing to watch Ivy discover the world and find a place for herself. I'd be happy to see her journey continue, now with newfound purpose.
Apr 3, 10:13 AM
Aug 2023
I wanted to binge-watch this, but I've been learning to pace myself. However, this show seemed so fast. It's sad to see another good anime end. I really hope there's going to be a season 2.
Apr 3, 2:18 PM
Mar 2020
Before post-credit I was feeling normal, but I break after the post-credit scene since it reminded me of the first 2 episodes.

You know, I was thinking of not watching this anime after the 1st episode because I thought it would be very heartbreaking and depressing anime but all in all it's just a story about having the will to live.

Certified 10/10, especially for a debut anime of a studio (This studio made the Let You Down MV and looking back at it, the animation indeed feels exactly the same. If Cyberpunk were to make a new anime, I don't mind if this studio is the one that's making it)
Apr 3, 11:48 PM
Aug 2022
from the weakest tamer to the most rich child, this was fresh air to the isekai genre

top tier shit right here
Apr 5, 8:06 PM

Feb 2014
I was not expecting that. This anime truly caught me off guard. The epilogue (post-credits) alone is a 10/10.

Simple yet greatly executed.

Easy 8/10 but my heart is ready to rate 9/10.
TechOtakuApr 6, 4:55 PM
Apr 10, 7:06 AM
Dec 2021
Cute story, about girl finding new friends and encountering good people.
Apr 11, 2:57 AM
Apr 2018
Yo, why is the last 3 minutes D-day but for slimes
Apr 19, 11:43 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to TechOtaku
I was not expecting that. This anime truly caught me off guard. The epilogue (post-credits) alone is a 10/10.

Simple yet greatly executed.

Easy 8/10 but my heart is ready to rate 9/10.
@TechOtaku i hope they make season 2 and soon it feels its getting more interesting
Apr 21, 5:37 AM
Apr 2021
Super fun and cute! a bit dark but still really cool
Apr 23, 8:12 AM

Oct 2008
Wasn't a fan of this last arc but it seems it was what made Ivy overcome the mental trauma. Was a nice wrap up for the series.
Apr 24, 8:25 AM

Feb 2021
That's it? I hope there is more of it...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I want MORE where to begin reading in the Manga?

RjtheGreat14 - Apr 30

6 by RjtheGreat14 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22

41 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 24, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15

32 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 24, 7:59 AM

» Beautiful anime ❤ does anyone love ivy..?

Naveen6662246 - Mar 31

25 by Aggnog »»
Apr 23, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12

114 by Anas_Er-ramy »»
Apr 23, 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.