Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 27, 1:50 PM

Jul 2020
the most boring girl wins in one of the most boring shows of the season, oh well
yeah season 1 was definitely better, even if not by much
Mar 27, 1:54 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to tmunee
lost its entire emotional connection, plot direction, character development, and overriding concept to become a harem trope anime where the character - AS ALWAYS - picks the most bland, unoriginal, soulless and mindless peon of a choice.
@tmunee oregairu?
Mar 27, 1:55 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to PastalNightMare
mat0us said:
Look how they Yuigahama'd my girl 😭

I'm confused what is this I keep seeing it everywhere
@PastalNightMare best girl always loses
Mar 27, 3:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
At long last, the play is finally here, and I’m glad we actually got to see a good bit of it, I’ve seen some shows where they do a play and we barely get to see it so seeing the fruits of the labor is nice for sure, I think seeing the story this way helps with making more sense of it. There was also that part in the play where Hinami says something like “I have everything, but that’s why I have nothing” and everything went silent which I thought was very cool, we unfortunately didn’t get any insight on her in this final episode but I did like that scene. It all seemed to go according to plan, until there was a final added scene that Tomozaki didn’t know about that portrayed Hinami and Mizusawa’s characters getting married, and Tomozaki took this as a rejection from Kikuchi which was pretty surprising at that moment.

And when Tomozaki was depressed and just took the rejection, then comes best girl Mimimi to back our boy up one last time, it’s really respectable that she’d do this despite her treatment but it does make me, someone who rooted for her win, sad at the same time lol. It is what it is tho, as Tomozaki heads back to understand Kikuchi’s reasoning, and it was quite the discussion which had me thinking they might chicken out and have Tomozaki pick nobody and accept the fate Kikuchi chose for him to be with Hinami, but thankfully the lad did the thing and got the babe he’s been working towards for a long time, I may be sad that Mimimi was not picked but I do like this outcome as well, it’s hard not to giving all that’s happened. And in the end we hear Tomozaki still has tasks to complete as he still hasn’t reached his true goal, and one last scene with Tomozaki and Kikuchi which was a fitting end for this season.

And just like that the Season 2 I waited so long for is already over, time is a bitch lol, but as usual I gotta say my piece on this season. It was another great season, I enjoyed each story arc we went through and it’s nice that Tomozaki actually got a girlfriend this time around, I could have easily seen it being held off for even longer but we got it here, it may not have been the girl I wanted but it happened lol. I will say tho, while I did enjoy this season I do think Season 1 was better, and this is mainly due to the fast paced opening arc of this season, I get it wasn’t really a story that needed a lot of episodes dedicated to it but I felt I would have liked it more with better pacing. There’s also the fact that when it came the play arc later on that a lot of it was dedicated to Kikuchi’s story which imo wasn’t super interesting, but I get it played a big role in her story arc so it did need the focus. All this being said tho, I really hope this isn’t the end of the anime and we can get a 3rd season because I do love these characters and I’d love to see more or Tomozaki’s journey, especially now with a girlfriend. And hopefully it can have DIALOGUE+ giving us hot jams too, because once again they killed it this season, both the OP and ED are favorites of mine this season, but it is very hard to beat Season 1’s ED so they don’t win over that one for the series lol.

And lastly, i think my best girl is staying Mimimi, I really like Kikuchi but this season left me liking Mimimi even more than I did before, don’t really mind that she was dumped by Tomozaki, I still love her lol.
Mar 27, 3:04 PM
Aug 2021
Sad, another really great and classic Rom Com that became degenerated by the run of the mill harem conclusion, with the highly forced, uninteresting and uncommunicative introvert heroine coming out on top, not Aoi, not Mimimi. Not only that but Tomozaki affirmed Hinami, which negated the "new" motivation Tomozaki had at the end of S1. Maybe I'm just coping, and this anime ain't for me which is fine too but I'll skip a season 3.
Mar 27, 3:28 PM

May 2020
Couldn't care less about any of the female characters in this series, but still I could feel how wrong this ending felt. I mean this girl had the least interactions of all the potential love interests or whatever, but somehow.. someway, she won, at least for now.

Though for what reasons.. only the author could explain. Anyways, I laughed when Mimimi came and we saw a very familiar "go after the girl you like" segment, I mean what? Would the uncalled confession a few minutes later have seen a worse build-up???? Lol.

First season was at least fine enough, but this one, first with that soap opera-esque "bULlYiNg" arc, and then this cultural festival play thing.. downward spiral with capital D, really.

Not sure if I want to continue with another season of this.
Mar 27, 3:37 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to ssssaturna
Sad, another really great and classic Rom Com that became degenerated by the run of the mill harem conclusion, with the highly forced, uninteresting and uncommunicative introvert heroine coming out on top, not Aoi, not Mimimi. Not only that but Tomozaki affirmed Hinami, which negated the "new" motivation Tomozaki had at the end of S1. Maybe I'm just coping, and this anime ain't for me which is fine too but I'll skip a season 3.
@ssssaturna You are definitely coping hard because he definitely doesn't affirm Hinami, I have no clue how you came to that conclusion. Telling him he "changed his character" just means he has grown from where he started from.

You're just flaming the show for picking the girl that was foreshadowed for him to pick since early in season 1 because you don't like her character, which is your prerogative, but making up stuff to justify your flame is just major cope.

Mar 27, 3:49 PM
Jan 2016
PastalNightMare said:
mat0us said:

I'm confused what is this I keep seeing it everywhere

Yuigahama is a girl from Oregairu. Don't want to spoil it for you but I guess my previous comment kinda speaks for itself.
Mar 27, 4:57 PM
Aug 2020
fuuka hater, mimimi made this season
Mar 27, 5:41 PM
Jul 2022
Great show, not too sure its the ending most people wanted but wasn't a bad show. I liked the characters interactions but the Erika arc was really out of character but wasn't bad overall.

8/10
Mar 27, 6:06 PM
Mar 2021
what was that accessory task that aoi was talking about? how did tomozaki complete it, it was never shown in anime ?
Mar 27, 6:07 PM

Aug 2020
This episode shot my soul a little... Still, it was a good one, the play was symbolic and Tomozaki made his choice. I wonder what will happen from now on. It was good to have more of this series after 3 years of waiting.

Thank you!

Mar 27, 6:22 PM
Mar 2019
Props to Mimimi...best girl of season two. That takes a lot of guts to do. Also, I like the middle ground. A lot of times in life you are forced to pick either or, even when you want both. Well, this episode suggests you CAN have both. It'll take some work, BUT don't anyone tell you what you can, and cannot have. Words are magic. Excellent ending to this season. :)
Mar 27, 6:27 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to ParagMittal
what was that accessory task that aoi was talking about? how did tomozaki complete it, it was never shown in anime ?
@ParagMittal

One of his assignments for completing the dating map with Kikuchi was to wear a matching accessory with her.

This picture of the two characters in Kikuchi's story with matching flower garland accessories is how he "completes" the assignment. Pretty dang cute imo.
Mar 27, 6:55 PM

Apr 2022
damn this was somehow worse than s1 which was already terrible.
Mar 27, 7:21 PM

Jun 2017
From the s1 tomozoki always with aoi whether it’s just talk, play games or making startegies but in the end he was with another girl, the ending didn’t fit in my opinion…
Mar 27, 7:37 PM
Jun 2023
The Plot was great, and the love story too!
Mar 27, 7:48 PM
Jun 2020
JUSTICE FOR MIMIMI
Mar 27, 8:40 PM

Jul 2022
A complete disaster for those who are waiting for 'Tomozaki x Mimimi' but instead had to cope with 'Tomozaki x Fuuka'

Mar 27, 8:55 PM

Jul 2016
The complete 2nd season = 8
The final episode = 5

Global score: 6

I'm tired of seeing the contempt they give to the efforts of characters like Mimimi
Mar 27, 9:12 PM
Mar 2015
in the end he convinces Kikuchi to change her story
Mar 27, 10:40 PM
Jan 2020
Mimimi is hands down the cringiest anime character in almost a thousand of anime(s) I've watched
Mar 27, 11:06 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to Seansy
@ssssaturna You are definitely coping hard because he definitely doesn't affirm Hinami, I have no clue how you came to that conclusion. Telling him he "changed his character" just means he has grown from where he started from.

You're just flaming the show for picking the girl that was foreshadowed for him to pick since early in season 1 because you don't like her character, which is your prerogative, but making up stuff to justify your flame is just major cope.

@Seansy what a funny way to strawman me completely, is this what they call projection nowadays, instead of arguing just say "coper!" ? Making up stuff that is... in the show itself, very well thought through there with that man. I'm not that parasocial to despise a character that much to "make up" reasons to hate them when they're just blatantly plain.

While you're pissing your pants over how I'm "flaming" the show, you're kinda flaming me, how ironic. The "he has grown from where he started from" argument is also very copious of yourself to use, when that's not what I'm implying and second of all easy to label it on anything. Sorry that I don't respect a show forcing it's superficial "foreshadowed", more like forced Main Heroine Agenda onto me without making it believable lmao

If you think this anime is unique, special or grand with this set up of fat plot then you're being delusional.
Mar 27, 11:30 PM
Jul 2019
Mimimi is the real mvp in this season
Mar 28, 1:08 AM

Dec 2022
well this was unexpectedly better than first season i was fine with season 1 so didn't expect that much mainly because the first 5 episodes were so slow and didnt give a clear picture so after it finished i watched all 8 episodes and i found it much better than season 1 this was very real with a lot of attention to detail and Unfamiliar way to fly was a great way too end this season even the anime i dont think it can get even better than this we just have to wait and see
Mar 28, 3:05 AM
Dec 2022
Mimimi the best! She even roots for Tomozaki and Kikuchi. We should have season 3 to see if Mimimi ever gets a chance back.
Mar 28, 3:17 AM
Dec 2021
Finally this anime is done.
Mar 28, 4:56 AM

May 2015
It was a really nice ending for this anime. I'm glad Tomozaki did the best choice and finished with Kikuchi?
Mar 28, 7:08 AM
Apr 2023
Mimimi is the best girl (press F to pay respect for another blue-haired girl getting this result) but I've always pinned for Kikuchi since s1 somehow, she is who I call 'the very first person who saw him who he really is' even before Hinami coached him and so she really deserves Tomozaki's affection. Also, seeing Mimimi send off Tomozaki back to Kikuchi feels like that part in Oregairu where Yui just watched Hachiman go back and go after Yukino, leaving her going home alone and crying on her mother's arms.
But even so, with this ending like this, it feel satisfying and a nice conclusion to the season and actually made me also remember how the<spoiler> BokuYaba (The Dangers In My Heart) anime season 2</spoiler> will also end with its last episode incoming. Some good romcoms ending on a good note this season, just in time for Spring 2024 to come in. Not sure if this one will got a new anime anytime soon, but there is still something going on in the LN source material so there is still a possibility.
Mar 28, 8:27 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to ssssaturna
@Seansy what a funny way to strawman me completely, is this what they call projection nowadays, instead of arguing just say "coper!" ? Making up stuff that is... in the show itself, very well thought through there with that man. I'm not that parasocial to despise a character that much to "make up" reasons to hate them when they're just blatantly plain.

While you're pissing your pants over how I'm "flaming" the show, you're kinda flaming me, how ironic. The "he has grown from where he started from" argument is also very copious of yourself to use, when that's not what I'm implying and second of all easy to label it on anything. Sorry that I don't respect a show forcing it's superficial "foreshadowed", more like forced Main Heroine Agenda onto me without making it believable lmao

If you think this anime is unique, special or grand with this set up of fat plot then you're being delusional.
@ssssaturna

Dear lord. You not only didn't present any evidence for your argument, but now are just throwing out insults you clearly don't understand against the wall to see what sticks. Sad. I'm going to just ignore you after this but allow me to at least clarify your misunderstanding a little in the hope that your reading comprehension may improve.

There is literally nothing in the show that constitutes Tomozaki
ssssaturna said:
affirmed Hinami, which negated the "new" motivation Tomozaki had at the end of S1.
Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. That's the part you made up. My statement of you
Seansy said:
making up stuff
is in reference to that point, which I brought up in my earlier paragraph in reference to your self-admitted potential cope you mentioned right after your "affirming Hinami" sentence (side note: If you admit you are potentially coping, someone else agreeing with you isn't flame, straw manning, projecting, etc. Maybe learn what those words actually mean before using them.)

You present no evidence for your statement and throughout the season Tomozaki repeatedly pushes back Hinami. Whether with the bullying arc, or being true to his feelings with romance, there are tangible examples of him pushing back against Hinami throughout the show. Since this is an episode discussion, I assumed you were extrapolating from one tiny scene at the end to make your statement, because there is nothing in the rest of the show that demonstrates Tomozaki affirming Hinami as you described. Yes, you are 100% coping to extrapolate 1 tiny scene to contradict the entire season 1 climax. Even if it isn't based off that 1 scene, you are still 100% coping with your statement. This episode LITERALLY had Tomozaki tell Kikuchi that when we was torn between "ideals" and "personal feelings" that he chose both, thus making it okay for her to do the same. That was literally the climax from season 1 being affirmed before your very eyes and ears. The only way you could conclude the literal opposite of what this last episode stated is through cope.

Hopefully this helps you understand.

I'm not going to argue with you about why Tomozaki picking Kikuchi makes sense within the story because I can tell you wouldn't care. I made a blog post on it because I am tired of repeating the same points every time for this argument. Go read it. Or don't. I won't see your response either way.

Have a copious day.
Mar 28, 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
I liked mimimi a lot, nothing more to say.
Mar 28, 9:09 AM
Jan 2023
that shii was cute asf bro
Mar 28, 9:41 AM
Oct 2019
I'm very sad, as always the best girl is second choice, Mimimi, you will always be with me!
Mar 28, 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
I think what frustrates me the most is that the entirety of Mimimi's story was finding confidence in herself despite not always getting to her goal (coming in first). The author then has her once again lose to another character. She's by far my favorite character in the show, and I just think she was done downright dirty. I've seen a lot of romance anime, but I think this one just seems so unfair. I'm left in awe. Like what? Is the moral of her character that for some people you can never get anything to go right for you?

I really thought with the extra scene in the play, that Mimimi might actually find a way to win too.

Mar 28, 4:01 PM
Sep 2021
Pretty good. Still sad that he pick fuka instead of minami, which should've won. Overall 7.20/10. Let just hope for season 3.
Mar 28, 4:24 PM
Jun 2022
MIMIMI best girl, FACT.
Mar 28, 5:38 PM

Sep 2023
At long last, the play is happening. Fuuka changed the ending to pair Tomozaki Libra with Mimimi Alicia instead of her Kris. But Tomozaki finally confesses and changes her mind through nonsensical dialogues. Why does the shy boring one always win?

I liked the first season much better and I really wished this season would focus a bit more on Aoi and her backstory as well as her relationship with Tomozaki. I feel like their personal connection got really lost in this season with long periods where the "game" of life was on pause. Instead, we got bogged down in the bullying arc and then the play arc was dragged way too long; ofc I understand it since the goal was to pair Tomozaki with Fuuka.

Still I enjoyed it overall and give it a 7/10, hope for a season 3.

mat0us said:

Haha yeah I really felt that too!
Mar 28, 8:29 PM
Oct 2023
I think that this anime is good but it's not like a masterpiece the plot it's very predictable and all the good drama it's not developed, they focused just in the relationship between, Fuuka, Mimimi and Tomozaki, at the end, not even trying to hype us for a new season, very mid season.
Mar 28, 8:30 PM
Oct 2023
Softhenic03 said:
Couldn't care less about any of the female characters in this series, but still I could feel how wrong this ending felt. I mean this girl had the least interactions of all the potential love interests or whatever, but somehow.. someway, she won, at least for now.

Though for what reasons.. only the author could explain. Anyways, I laughed when Mimimi came and we saw a very familiar "go after the girl you like" segment, I mean what? Would the uncalled confession a few minutes later have seen a worse build-up???? Lol.

First season was at least fine enough, but this one, first with that soap opera-esque "bULlYiNg" arc, and then this cultural festival play thing.. downward spiral with capital D, really.

Not sure if I want to continue with another season of this.

Couldn’t have put it any better lol… that ending just felt wrong, if not to mention how boring and how much of a waste of time all that play stuff was.
Mar 28, 8:33 PM
Oct 2023
Yume-08 said:
The complete 2nd season = 8
The final episode = 5

Global score: 6

I'm tired of seeing the contempt they give to the efforts of characters like Mimimi

Justice for Minami.
Mar 28, 8:43 PM

Oct 2010
YAAAAYYYY FUUKA-CHAN!!! Best girl! Also Tama was very cute in the play! I’m sure the story continues from here but if the anime ends here I’m honestly satisfied, that would be an ideal ending as far as I’m concerned.
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Mar 28, 8:45 PM

May 2010
If Tomozaki made any mistakes in life, it's picking Kikuchi over Mimimi, truly. Even in defeat she is a far better character than Kikuchi will ever be.
Mar 28, 11:08 PM
Dec 2016
TSK WHAT THE FUKKKK MIMIMI GOT SHAFTED!

What a sour end god damnit, ima stick to my copium, MIMIMI WILL NOT FALL.

Wanna rate it a 5 for Mimimi, but 7 it is cuz the rest actually pretty good. FUCK.
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

Aug 2014
I dislike this ending ;/ I should lover the vote to 7/10 ;/ but the story is good and many funny moments mostly with Minami and also with Mizusawa. But it was worst ending.. he shoul've be with Minami or Aoi. I don't know how bad Kikuchi could take it if they brake up hopefully in season 3. Not that I like Aoi itself, but they play games together! ;d
I liked OP and Ed visuals, songs were also nice for such anime.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 29, 7:11 AM

Aug 2021
My gripe is not that Mimimi lost. It's that the least interesting character in a show with a bunch of interesting characters won. That aside, the novel does a better job building up the relationship from the start. Tomozaki has a unique way of talking to and about Kikuchi that makes it clear she wins from miles away before any sort of decision. The anime does not have that. Still, since the novel is still going, endgame is not necessarily decided just yet.

In general, volumes 6 and 7 that cover the festival arc were the weakest part of the series for me when I read the novels and I feel the same with the 2nd half of S2. It drags out for too long and a lot of the other characters become kinda irrelevant in the end. I much prefer bullying arc in volume 5 where more characters mattered and wished just a bit more of volume 4 with Izumi and Nakamura's relationship was covered. Overall, I give a 6.
SSJ-SUP3RM4NMar 29, 7:24 AM
Mar 29, 12:50 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to Seansy
@ssssaturna

Dear lord. You not only didn't present any evidence for your argument, but now are just throwing out insults you clearly don't understand against the wall to see what sticks. Sad. I'm going to just ignore you after this but allow me to at least clarify your misunderstanding a little in the hope that your reading comprehension may improve.

There is literally nothing in the show that constitutes Tomozaki
ssssaturna said:
affirmed Hinami, which negated the "new" motivation Tomozaki had at the end of S1.
Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. That's the part you made up. My statement of you
Seansy said:
making up stuff
is in reference to that point, which I brought up in my earlier paragraph in reference to your self-admitted potential cope you mentioned right after your "affirming Hinami" sentence (side note: If you admit you are potentially coping, someone else agreeing with you isn't flame, straw manning, projecting, etc. Maybe learn what those words actually mean before using them.)

You present no evidence for your statement and throughout the season Tomozaki repeatedly pushes back Hinami. Whether with the bullying arc, or being true to his feelings with romance, there are tangible examples of him pushing back against Hinami throughout the show. Since this is an episode discussion, I assumed you were extrapolating from one tiny scene at the end to make your statement, because there is nothing in the rest of the show that demonstrates Tomozaki affirming Hinami as you described. Yes, you are 100% coping to extrapolate 1 tiny scene to contradict the entire season 1 climax. Even if it isn't based off that 1 scene, you are still 100% coping with your statement. This episode LITERALLY had Tomozaki tell Kikuchi that when we was torn between "ideals" and "personal feelings" that he chose both, thus making it okay for her to do the same. That was literally the climax from season 1 being affirmed before your very eyes and ears. The only way you could conclude the literal opposite of what this last episode stated is through cope.

Hopefully this helps you understand.

I'm not going to argue with you about why Tomozaki picking Kikuchi makes sense within the story because I can tell you wouldn't care. I made a blog post on it because I am tired of repeating the same points every time for this argument. Go read it. Or don't. I won't see your response either way.

Have a copious day.
@Seansy I ain't reading allat yapping, cope harder 😁👍
Mar 30, 9:14 AM
Feb 2023
Goood but a little sad at the same time :(((((
Mar 30, 9:14 AM
Feb 2023
Goood but a little sad at the same time :(((((
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Apr 2023
I think at this point it was obvious to anyone and their cat that Mimimi tears were inevitable but damn seeing them just hits different ngl 💔😭

Mar 31, 12:33 AM
Feb 2021
I am Mimimi Enjoyer but Kikuchi is nice too
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

53 by lasodamos »»
May 5, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

83 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 5, 5:27 AM

» Is Aoi the end game?

Dragevard - Feb 9, 2023

12 by Mreci1 »»
May 4, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

63 by lasodamos »»
May 3, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10

81 by Talamare »»
Apr 19, 1:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.