Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Mar 23, 10:27 AM
May 2023
Fantastic. The Peak of Peak
Mar 23, 4:36 PM

Jun 2014
Finally, the second trial is over.

Quake man must be pissed that he didn't get to pass, lol.

Mar 23, 7:39 PM
Feb 2022
--------------------------------
Mar 24, 9:19 AM
Apr 2021
just when you think this show cant get better they go and drop one of the best episodes of the season. did not expect to like this show as much as i have. its so refreshing.
Mar 24, 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Reply to ddrcrono
Everyone forgot about this guy from 3 episodes ago

Until this (I had no idea who he was until I went back to check)

(even the other characters forgot about him)

@ddrcrono omg so true! xD i find it awesome you took time to look into him.
since he is still being carried by golem, while Richter is being healed already, it seems he survived longer than others. just lurking around.
Mar 24, 11:22 AM
Jan 2023
Grafis yang sangat memuaskan mata
Mar 24, 3:05 PM
Apr 2022
bro this is too great :)
Mar 24, 3:06 PM
Apr 2022
bro this is too great :)
Mar 24, 4:06 PM
Dec 2021
Rất đáng đầu tư thời gian để xem
Mar 24, 5:37 PM
Dec 2023
Never seen a so good action episode
Mar 24, 7:28 PM
Jan 2022
Seeing Lawine and Richter get taken out at the end of the episode was really sad to see, as they are characters I definitely wish to see more of. But at the same time, the relief I felt when they broke the return capsules and admitted defeat was incredible, despite how unfortunate the whole situation was. Also Wirbel's team was there. :)
Mar 25, 12:28 AM
Jun 2023
Can't speak words
Mar 25, 1:11 AM
Jul 2023
Its super goooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2:42 AM

Oct 2020
I tend to find myself more interested in the scenes with the other mages purely because of how they each seem to have unique powers that, while strong, don't turn them into untouchable gods. Frieren -- and to a somewhat lesser extent Fern's -- battles boil down to incomprehensible flashing light shows. Even against Frieren's clone, we knew Frieren and Fern were gonna toast her, even if they got a scratch or two in the process. I know the point is that Frieren is overpowered, but it tends to make her battles a little less exciting.
Mar 25, 10:24 PM
Mar 2024
A fight scene that spoils the eyes, Madhouse makes the scene of fighting several panels can be that good
Mar 26, 10:34 AM

Aug 2019
that sure was a cool fight. im not sure what that face fern made when she got it was. just pure surprise maybe? that definetly was an interesting attack frierens clone did possibly "pure" magic or something isntead of messing with chants and staffs.

of course she got tricked by yet another mimic:D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 9:22 PM
Apr 2018
That battle was pretty great, that look that clone Frieren made to Fern was pretty intense. 5/5 great episode!
Mar 27, 8:07 AM
Mar 2024
Tbh The animation, the music ... All were really good in this ep
Mar 27, 11:25 AM
Mar 2018
Übel is so badass! That flashback to the last exam, the fight against the replica, her matter-of-fact lines and smile... I love her, she's awesome! <3

And the fight against the fake Frieren was so cool, too! I haven't seen animation like that in a good long while.
Mar 28, 3:09 AM
Oct 2017
The most epic fight in all of anime.
Mar 28, 11:14 AM
Jun 2022
De los mejores capítulos qué vi
Mar 29, 2:46 AM
Jan 2023
In the end, Frieren landed the finishing blow. This fight has been the most interesting thing. Frieren was last forced to use that about 80 years ago, damn that's too good. Fern has come a long way, she has turned into a fine mage or even greater. Frieren death stare was scary, it's just what I would expect of her. The ladies of the hour still lose to the final boss, the Mimic of Mimics. Let's not forget to add how ubel defeated sense's clone with ease, she's my new favorite character now. Based on the number of holes in the wall, Methode didn't have too easy of a time against Fern. Each individual's battle was epic, the plan was really well-thought and put together, the breaking of that monster Spiegel was really satisfying.
Mar 29, 5:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That Ubel backstory was creepy, she's absolutely no joke so it's not surprise she could beat the Sense replica.
Fern and Frieren battle against the Frieren replica was incredible, especially how it ended with that unexpected Frieren technique but they managed to do it... just to end with Frieren stuck in another fake chest once again lol
Mar 29, 5:39 PM
Jan 2017
muito foda da n frieren braba
Mar 30, 6:28 PM
Feb 2024
Beyond incredible
Apr 1, 5:09 PM
Jan 2023
Excellent episode, great wizard fights
Apr 1, 11:29 PM
Jun 2012
More Frieren vs Frieren is good 🗻.

I relate to Frieren tho... The pursuit of the 1% peak is too enticing.

We need more.
Apr 6, 1:18 PM

Oct 2023
That stare of Frieren was so scary!
Apr 7, 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
I do not like Ubel, that bitch is too crazy for me. At first I didn't mind that she killed those thieves that tried to rob her, it's a little on the extreme side but it's still self defense. Now I find out that she killed an instructor and didn't even feel a little bit of remorse. And fuck off with that rough childhood bullshit that she endured or whatever. It wasn't shown yet but we all know that's how she became like that.
Apr 7, 4:41 AM

Apr 2015
Those visuals are just absolute insanity.
I might even rewatch it someday, I usually don't
Apr 7, 4:20 PM
Jan 2019
insane episode, Frieren is the best
Apr 8, 4:20 PM
Feb 2015
The fight was more easier than expected, Frieren always underestimated Fern is her weakness, Ubel winning over Sense is also unexpectedly badass. So magic is imagination huh
Apr 10, 12:09 AM

Nov 2020
What a great episode, I don't know what I was expecting when I started watching this anime but it has surpassed any expectation I might have had. The last 4 episodes or so have been just amazing.
Apr 13, 7:30 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I had a feeling I’d be writing another post right after the last one, I couldn’t imagine this arc going on any longer but when the clones that were already defeated reappeared I thought it might not end this episode, but since Frieren and Fern were finally able to defeat that false Frieren it was over, it’s just a shame Richter and Lawine were unfortunately the first one’s to encounter that Sense clone and had to use their bottles. After all that went down I personally believe Sense is a liar, her test was incredibly deadly due to these clones, and not just because of Frieren but also herself, her clone was only able to go down because of Übel, who Sense herself described as having a superpower, if Übel wasn’t there I could see many others either dying or forfeiting. I get it’s a test for the highest rank a mage can be, but that’s my personal take on Sense anyway, she even had a bit of a soulless look to her, I don’t think she had a right to criticize the previous test lol.

And speaking of Übel, I’m glad we got a bit of backstory on her, this babe is truly a deadly individual, she may appear weak but after that I can see why she’s to be feared, if she eventually gains Land’s ability she might be unstoppable, I don’t think we’ll get to see it this season but that will be scary, still hot tho lol. And poor Fern man, I thought for a second she might die but it wasn’t enough to kill her thankfully, but her rapid fire attack allowed for Frieren to finish off her clone and save everyone, meaning everyone still there passed the test. And of course there were even mimics in the final room lol, Frieren couldn’t resist the temptation even after all that happened, but man the fact her clone was able to still attack without arms is insane, just goes to show how powerful Frieren is just in case you forgot because of how goofy she is lol.

I definitely liked this second test more than the first but the combo of both made for quite the exciting arc, as I said before it was very different than the show has been up to this point but I think this show did a tournament arc very well, it felt like any character could die at any point, it felt really intense but at the same time it had its chill moments. I also just liked this arc for the amount of new interesting characters it introduced and how it expanded on the magic in the show beyond just what Frieren and Fern have been doing. And I know there’s still a third test but I’m guessing it’s not as intense as there’s only two episodes left, you never know tho lol, I’m just glad pretty much all the characters we’ve come to know are alive, I thought that episode between tests raised a death flag for nearly everyone but I’m glad it didn’t happen as I like most of them quite a bit even though we’ve known them for a short while. And with that I’ve only got two episodes left, it’s went by fast.
Apr 13, 8:24 AM
Feb 2024
In this episode, there are so many scenes that are made very beautiful, both in terms of visuals, music, story, and even the lighting. With very good sound effects and very suitable camera placement, it makes the watching experience very satisfying. The small details are made very well. 10/10
Apr 19, 2:13 PM
Mar 2021
loved it but the bitch boy didnt die
Apr 20, 8:54 PM

Feb 2009
I thought Übel was just a psycho that would be a hindrance to Frieren/Fern, but she's turning out to be a hero in my book. I hope she cleans up the rest of the first rank mages like Sense the same way she did to Burg. These gate keeping clowns who aren't interested in doing fair tests and are only willing to acknowledge those who surpass what their group can't even do themselves clearly don't belong in first rank or the mage association to begin with. They would all fail their own tests.
Apr 21, 4:23 PM
Oct 2022
Logic does not always matter when it comes to magic. She can slice through anything, with the power of imagination. An ant can’t imagine crushing a dragon under their foot. All you have to do is believe in the magic and it will work. Battles between mages are like rock paper scissors. Fern is smashed up by a look alone. No more stick. !R!S broken. It looked nice and didn’t include as much absurdity. 3
Apr 22, 11:43 PM

Feb 2021
This time the replica got destroyed completely.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 23, 12:29 PM
Apr 2022
I believe in this and I will believe on ... that mimics are Frieren's last boss :3
Apr 24, 2:38 PM

Apr 2008
Eww

I really dislike the explanation of the magic system that is basically a battle of childish imagination... Whoever imagines harder wins...

Really REALLY disliked that... Ubel is a great character but that explanation of the magic system is so broken that it kinda is an awful stab at the entire world...

The Bottle Giants are also absolutely insane... This is another really absurd addition to the world...

This is a world in which they made clear that magical understanding and development are real concepts... but then they honestly throw it all away with both of these concepts. Like they are basically saying that if they made a Fieran 2 set 100 years into the future, these Golems will basically take over Xmen Sentinel Style...

Other than these 2 more or less destruction of the world building... the episode was pretty good
Apr 24, 3:26 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Talamare
Eww

I really dislike the explanation of the magic system that is basically a battle of childish imagination... Whoever imagines harder wins...

Really REALLY disliked that... Ubel is a great character but that explanation of the magic system is so broken that it kinda is an awful stab at the entire world...

The Bottle Giants are also absolutely insane... This is another really absurd addition to the world...

This is a world in which they made clear that magical understanding and development are real concepts... but then they honestly throw it all away with both of these concepts. Like they are basically saying that if they made a Fieran 2 set 100 years into the future, these Golems will basically take over Xmen Sentinel Style...

Other than these 2 more or less destruction of the world building... the episode was pretty good
@Talamare after all, they had already explained the magic system earlier, here it was simply shown that Übel is unique, an anomaly, the rest is limited by common sense and they cannot imagine something like that, not to mention that there are limitations in the form of the type of magic or the amount of mana. Übel herself is also limited by her beliefs about the "cutting concept" - she will not cut anything that is not suitable for cutting by default. It's not like in Bleach, where the blonde who fought Kenpachi could do anything xD
Apr 25, 4:23 AM

Apr 2008
Reply to Ba-Cii10
@Talamare after all, they had already explained the magic system earlier, here it was simply shown that Übel is unique, an anomaly, the rest is limited by common sense and they cannot imagine something like that, not to mention that there are limitations in the form of the type of magic or the amount of mana. Übel herself is also limited by her beliefs about the "cutting concept" - she will not cut anything that is not suitable for cutting by default. It's not like in Bleach, where the blonde who fought Kenpachi could do anything xD
@Ba-Cii10 It basically states that the most delusional person will end up being the strongest.

It's an absurd notion that basically makes work and practice irrelevant... Which is why its extra weird to even include this dialogue at all since they also have already made it clear that work and practice is real in their magic system...

They were able to break apart spells and get better understanding then use their new knowledge to create new derivative spells...

Basically they have established a 'Science of Magic'... Something like a hard magic system...
but this Ubel bit is a 'Religion of Magic' in which if you declare whole heartedly that your spell is better than your opponents spell, then it becomes better regardless of any forms of logic
Apr 25, 5:00 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to Talamare
@Ba-Cii10 It basically states that the most delusional person will end up being the strongest.

It's an absurd notion that basically makes work and practice irrelevant... Which is why its extra weird to even include this dialogue at all since they also have already made it clear that work and practice is real in their magic system...

They were able to break apart spells and get better understanding then use their new knowledge to create new derivative spells...

Basically they have established a 'Science of Magic'... Something like a hard magic system...
but this Ubel bit is a 'Religion of Magic' in which if you declare whole heartedly that your spell is better than your opponents spell, then it becomes better regardless of any forms of logic
@Talamare no, literally in the same episode we were reminded that Übel lost to Wribel, her specific delusion gives her a specific ability that only applies to cutting magic, e.g. she cannot imagine that she will understand someone and copy someone's magic xD we are shown that the fight of magicians is sometimes paper, rock, scissors and Übel was scissors and Sense was paper, which just because Übel beat Sense with her special ability doesn't mean she will beat anyone else, so no, delusional people are not the strongest. Work and practice are still important, this is best shown by Fern who, without delusions and using basic magic, was one of the strongest in the exam, Übel with her delusions would not have caught a bird, Fern who learned from childhood to hide mana and it was like breathing for her , she could do it, hard work still matters. If Übel was trapped in a barrier similar to the one in the first exam, she would not have gotten out and died, Frieren, who studied and practiced magic all her life, was able to analyze and break this barrier thanks to her knowledge XD The mere declaration and deep faith do not determine anything, Denken who was sure he could beat Frieren couldn't do it. I think this anime nicely combines scientific and mystical magic, and when it comes to the latter, as I wrote earlier, there are a lot of limitations and it is not as simple as "you think you are stronger" and you win.

If what I wrote is too chaotic, I'm sorry, I wrote it in a hurry xD
Apr 27, 10:14 PM
Jul 2022
This episode delved further into the relationship between Fern and Freiren which would previously was unexplored and was very entertaining. we also got to see some more action scenes which showed off the animation once again.
Apr 28, 8:18 AM

Apr 2008
Reply to Ba-Cii10
@Talamare no, literally in the same episode we were reminded that Übel lost to Wribel, her specific delusion gives her a specific ability that only applies to cutting magic, e.g. she cannot imagine that she will understand someone and copy someone's magic xD we are shown that the fight of magicians is sometimes paper, rock, scissors and Übel was scissors and Sense was paper, which just because Übel beat Sense with her special ability doesn't mean she will beat anyone else, so no, delusional people are not the strongest. Work and practice are still important, this is best shown by Fern who, without delusions and using basic magic, was one of the strongest in the exam, Übel with her delusions would not have caught a bird, Fern who learned from childhood to hide mana and it was like breathing for her , she could do it, hard work still matters. If Übel was trapped in a barrier similar to the one in the first exam, she would not have gotten out and died, Frieren, who studied and practiced magic all her life, was able to analyze and break this barrier thanks to her knowledge XD The mere declaration and deep faith do not determine anything, Denken who was sure he could beat Frieren couldn't do it. I think this anime nicely combines scientific and mystical magic, and when it comes to the latter, as I wrote earlier, there are a lot of limitations and it is not as simple as "you think you are stronger" and you win.

If what I wrote is too chaotic, I'm sorry, I wrote it in a hurry xD
@Ba-Cii10 You're not understanding my point because you're limiting it to Ubel's delusion.

The rule has been established that if you're deluded enough, you're able to do something you shouldn't be able to. Considering how effortlessly Sense was able to defeat basically everyone else, it is very clear that Sense is insanely powerful. As well as the flashback example in which the gent made an absolutely impervious armor that apparently most of the other Tier 1 magicians didn't believe they could beat it. Yet the explanation given was that Ubel was so delusional that she could not only cut it, but that she did it effortlessly... Hell, she so insanely overkilled it that she was apparently holding back and still cleaved him in half... The argument that her delusions are limited is a limitation to Ubel specifically. Basically the example they gave was that an ant can't imagine crushing a Dragon, except they also made it clear that eventually an ant would be delusional enough and that would be absolutely fine.
Basically Ubel is an ant and she's able to effortlessly crush the 'dragon' that is Sense.

Like... There are concrete/hard magic systems, which the show has basically heavily pushed itself towards. I really admire that...
But then there are soft magic systems in which basically anything goes, and the idea that an ant would eventually be delusional enough to crush a dragon because magic... Is what they have opened with this 'Ubel System'... They have literally opened the door to a soft magic system.

Denken may have believed he could beat Frieren, but Denken has the 'curse' of being a fairly reasonable and logical person. He isn't actually delusional, just confident.
TalamareApr 28, 11:47 AM
Apr 28, 8:23 AM

Apr 2008
It's also a little unclear of the time line of development of magic... but it feels off topic, so here is my question in a separate reply.

Mages used ??? to Attack
Demon develops Zoltrak, which is basically pure mana arcane nuke
Humans master Zoltrak to the point its now 'basic mana nuke', ie Basic Magic
Humans develop 'Elemental Magic' since its more mana efficient than Basic Magic

My question is what type of offensive magic was in the ??? Era... Since Elemental Magic came later and pure nuke magic was developed by Zoltrak
May 5, 4:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Scissors go BRRRRRRRRRR

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 8, 5:32 PM

Nov 2023
Ok holyshit this was freaking amazing. And that hidden triumph card by Frieren looked so sugoii
May 8, 6:40 PM
Apr 2024
I just like this anime
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

806 by bubba460z »»
44 minutes ago

» THEORY: The Destination Doesn't Exist

APolygons2 - 7 hours ago

11 by WinterHime »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShadowkillZ - Mar 15

374 by bubba460z »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1

249 by bubba460z »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23

221 by bubba460z »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.