Forum Settings
Forums

'VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta' Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

New
Mar 1, 8:31 AM
News Team
Oct 2022

The official website of the VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta (VTuber Legend: How I Went Viral after Forgetting to Turn Off My Stream) revealed additional cast members and a first promotional video on Friday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in July 2024.

Cast
Shion Kannari: Sumire Morohoshi (Kaichou wa Maid-sama!)
Nekoma Hirune: Ayaka Ohashi (Masamune-kun no Revenge)

Takuya Asaoka (Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi) is helming the anime at TNK. Hitomi Mieno (Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu.) is handling the series composition and Reina Iwasaki (Mahoutsukai Reimeiki) is designing the characters.

The anime adapts Nana Nanato's comedy light novel, which began on the Hameln and Kakuyomu websites in June and August 2020, respectively. Kadokawa began publishing the series under its Fujimi Fantasia Bunko label with illustrations by Siokazunoko in May 2021. The eighth volume went on sale on November 2023.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel in English for digital release in March 2022. The sixth volume shipped on October 2023.

PV

Source: Comic Natalie
Mar 1, 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
I wasn't expecting the characters to look like their VTuber avatars outside of them streaming too.
Mar 1, 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Retolee
I wasn't expecting the characters to look like their VTuber avatars outside of them streaming too.
@Retolee I haven't read the original LN so I could be wrong, but from what I understand their VTuber personality is more fantasy and cartoonish if you know what I mean.
Mar 1, 6:53 PM
Dec 2020
I wish TNK was doing Futoku no Guild S2 instead of wasting their talent on this tripe
especially since they only do at most one anime a year
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@Retolee I haven't read the original LN so I could be wrong, but from what I understand their VTuber personality is more fantasy and cartoonish if you know what I mean.
@RobertBobert It was less about personality and just, their regular appearance. When I read the novel, I thought there was a contrast between the main characters normal 20 y/o appearance and the princess persona.

It seems strange that she'd meet up with her Vtuber friends "IRL" for the first time, and they look just like their avatars.
RetoleeMar 2, 12:45 AM
Mar 1, 10:26 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Retolee
@RobertBobert It was less about personality and just, their regular appearance. When I read the novel, I thought there was a contrast between the main characters normal 20 y/o appearance and the princess persona.

It seems strange that she'd meet up with her Vtuber friends "IRL" for the first time, and they look just like their avatars.
@Retolee By “personality” I meant appearance as well. Anyway, apparently this is some kind of theoretical adaptation of a professional wrestling show, where kayfabe was taken as a real premise.
Mar 3, 2:45 AM
Apr 2013
Honestly this really still feels like bait to me. I have no idea if the cast and shenanigans is actually going to hold up once it starts.

July is still some time to go I guess, but it's really going to depend on what actually happens in the first ep. or so.
Mar 3, 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
Honestly this really still feels like bait to me. I have no idea if the cast and shenanigans is actually going to hold up once it starts.

July is still some time to go I guess, but it's really going to depend on what actually happens in the first ep. or so.
@CocoaGalaxy

Yep, a lot of Vtuber focused anime and manga tend to not be as exciting as the real thing and may be out of touch in some cases. If anything, HoloX Meeting is probably the only Vtuber manga that will do well as an anime (and only if they have the real HoloX members as the voice cast).

Mar 7, 7:11 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to Sleabedybarb
I wish TNK was doing Futoku no Guild S2 instead of wasting their talent on this tripe
especially since they only do at most one anime a year
@Sleabedybarb like TNK had any talent to begin with lol

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Mar 23, 11:47 PM

Oct 2017
I dont like the vtuber character designs irl and nor for this anime.

More topics from this board

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

43 by Nightleon »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

39 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

17 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 12:13 PM

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

12 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM

» Animation Studio Artland Seeks Debt Consolidation

arsonal - Jul 9, 2017

36 by Bhanu_LAW_196K1A »»
Yesterday, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.