Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 7, 10:08 AM
Jul 2022
So i checked it it has 2006 sequel how so? Is that a alternative version of it or something like Hxh 1999. Btw why 2006s score worse than others is it worth watching it? One more thing i looked for watch order of this. It looks like it has movies or something. So whats the best watch order to not waste my time as possible.
Feb 7, 10:14 AM
Oct 2019
The movie heaven's feel Trilogy are a adaptation of the third route after fate/stay night (2006) a bad adaptation of saber route and unlimited blade works (rin thosaka route) so in order its
Fate/stay night (2006)
Fate/stay night unlimited blade works
Fate/stay night heaven feel Trilogy
Fate/zero it assume you know the other 3 route if you go watch it first you will be spoiled. All the rest is optional I am sure other will come with other watch order but essentially zero was made in mind for those who had read the VN(which what it's adapted from) so no it's not a good start by any means. Also only reason 2006 fate got a low score it's because Deen did a bad job but it's still a good introduction to the world of Fate.
Feb 7, 10:24 AM
Jul 2022
Fate/Zero is basically a prequel to fate/stay night that is made after fate/stay night similar to No game no life zero or Jjk 0. Yes, u can start with fate/zero if u want to and watch unlimited blade works after but some may disagree with this order.
Feb 7, 10:37 AM
Apr 2021
Fate is a Visual Novel with 3 different endings
but to understand a ton of references and what the holy grail war is about u need to watch fate zero
Then fate stay night
Then unlimited blade works
Then heaven's feel
and then at the end u shall have consumed all canon fate
Feb 7, 10:43 AM
Jun 2019
I got a simple one watch the 3 fate/stay nights, fate/zero, and lord El Melloi case files after that watch whatever looks interesting. some will say I'm wrong but I like keeping things simple.
Feb 7, 10:53 AM
May 2018
TabutcuEmmi said:
So i checked it it has 2006 sequel how so? Is that a alternative version of it or something like Hxh 1999. Btw why 2006s score worse than others is it worth watching it? One more thing i looked for watch order of this. It looks like it has movies or something. So whats the best watch order to not waste my time as possible.

you should watch UBW then fate zero, then the heaven's feel movies. you can Skip the 2006 series and play the visual novel when it releases on steam later this year
Feb 7, 11:10 AM

Jan 2017
TabutcuEmmi said:
So i checked it it has 2006 sequel how so? Is that a alternative version of it or something like Hxh 1999.

No one explained it very clearly, so i'll do it.

Fate/Stay Night is originally a Visual Novel (a type of Novel, officially categorized as Games). Most Visual Novels uses a system of "Routes". Basically, they are divergences in the story, happening because of the choice you makes as a player (for the majority, the "Routes" of Visual Novels focus on different characters (often Waifus), and thus are named after them). So all Routes starts the same, uses the same group of character, but ends up telling a (totally) different story with them.

Fate/Stay Night has 3 "Routes" : Fate (Saber), Unlimited Blade Works (Rin), and Heaven's Feel (Sakura). Unlike the usual Visual Novels, you can't choose the "Route" you play, but are forced to do them in order. the Fate Route was adapted in the 2006 Anime, but is not a completely faithful adaptation, Unlimited Blade Works (UBW) was adapted in a Movie, and later completely re-adapted in a 2 Seasons TV Series, and Heaven's Feel (HF) was adapted in a Trilogy of Movie.

Another Author, fan of the original Visual Novel, got the permission to do a Prequel (a story about the past of a character/universe of a work already existing, made to be experienced after the main work), and did Fate/Zero, the backstory of the father of the protagonist of Fate/Stay Night.

So no, it's not an Alternative Version. Unlimited Blade Works is one of the 2006 Anime, as they are different Routes, but it's still is a separated story.

TabutcuEmmi said:
Btw why 2006s score worse than others is it worth watching it?

There is a lot of bad thing about it, especially when compared to all the other adaptations, but it is worth watching. It's the only adaptation that develop Saber, one of the most popular and impactful character (she's also the mascot of the franchise).

TabutcuEmmi said:
One more thing i looked for watch order of this. It looks like it has movies or something. So whats the best watch order to not waste my time as possible.

You can check the whole list just below. If you don't want to lose your time, just watch the Main Story, and eventually look at the other works of the Author, listed in "You Can Also Watch".

Alexioos95Feb 7, 11:15 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 7, 12:09 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to Alexioos95
TabutcuEmmi said:
So i checked it it has 2006 sequel how so? Is that a alternative version of it or something like Hxh 1999.

No one explained it very clearly, so i'll do it.

Fate/Stay Night is originally a Visual Novel (a type of Novel, officially categorized as Games). Most Visual Novels uses a system of "Routes". Basically, they are divergences in the story, happening because of the choice you makes as a player (for the majority, the "Routes" of Visual Novels focus on different characters (often Waifus), and thus are named after them). So all Routes starts the same, uses the same group of character, but ends up telling a (totally) different story with them.

Fate/Stay Night has 3 "Routes" : Fate (Saber), Unlimited Blade Works (Rin), and Heaven's Feel (Sakura). Unlike the usual Visual Novels, you can't choose the "Route" you play, but are forced to do them in order. the Fate Route was adapted in the 2006 Anime, but is not a completely faithful adaptation, Unlimited Blade Works (UBW) was adapted in a Movie, and later completely re-adapted in a 2 Seasons TV Series, and Heaven's Feel (HF) was adapted in a Trilogy of Movie.

Another Author, fan of the original Visual Novel, got the permission to do a Prequel (a story about the past of a character/universe of a work already existing, made to be experienced after the main work), and did Fate/Zero, the backstory of the father of the protagonist of Fate/Stay Night.

So no, it's not an Alternative Version. Unlimited Blade Works is one of the 2006 Anime, as they are different Routes, but it's still is a separated story.

TabutcuEmmi said:
Btw why 2006s score worse than others is it worth watching it?

There is a lot of bad thing about it, especially when compared to all the other adaptations, but it is worth watching. It's the only adaptation that develop Saber, one of the most popular and impactful character (she's also the mascot of the franchise).

TabutcuEmmi said:
One more thing i looked for watch order of this. It looks like it has movies or something. So whats the best watch order to not waste my time as possible.

You can check the whole list just below. If you don't want to lose your time, just watch the Main Story, and eventually look at the other works of the Author, listed in "You Can Also Watch".

@Alexioos95 thank you for effort very well explained ^^
Feb 7, 12:11 PM
Jul 2022
Thanks everyone its time to watch with clear mind now
Feb 7, 12:14 PM

Sep 2018
The best watch order is the release order.
I say
Fate Stay Night Deen
Fate Zero
Ubw
HF movies
Feb 7, 12:25 PM
May 2022
The story in Fate/Zero takes place before Fate Stay Night.
So you can start with this one and then go watch the Stay/Night route. You can skip de 2006 anime, so I've heard, and go straight to Unlimited Bladeworks. And after that you can watch the Heavens Feel movies.
Feb 7, 12:26 PM
Jul 2020
TabutcuEmmi said:

watch all ubw first then fate zero then movies trust

Feb 7, 1:14 PM
Jul 2023
This is a prequel designed to be watched AFTER the original
Feb 7, 2:11 PM
Aug 2023
no start with fate zero
Feb 7, 2:38 PM
Nov 2022
Fate has a pretty confusing watch order, but basicly all of the Fate series anime are worth watching, they're pretty good.
Feb 7, 3:30 PM
Jun 2023
In my opinion, if you watch Fate/Zero and the Fate/Unlimited, the 90% of the Fate anime plot will be clear to you.
Feb 7, 3:34 PM

Aug 2020
You don't start with fate/zero, absolutely do not listen to anyone who says otherwise
Feb 7, 3:53 PM
Oct 2020
start with fate/zero. It's the airing order so intended. old fate/stay you can honestly skip.
Feb 7, 4:55 PM
Oct 2023
Watch this fate zero first then unlimited blade works then the heavens feel movies anyone who tells you otherwise is delusional
Feb 7, 5:53 PM

Mar 2023
The main mistake most people make when starting to watch Fate is their thinking that this universe has some sort of clear-cut viewing order.

Think about it, first vn came out with a lot of endings but the same beginning, what kind of order can there be?

If we talk about chronology, but you should start with Zero, because there is a clear explanation of what is the Holy Grail War. Then comes the adaptation of the novel itself. This is route Caber, the 2006 anime. UBW's Rin route. And the trilogy of movies - Sakura's route. Are they all worth watching? Yes, if you want to know all the developments and understand Fate. Where should you start? Anywhere you want to start, these routes act as a separate story, they're not connected to each other. Is the 2006 anime worth watching? Yes, since it's the only adaptation of the Saber route, but again, it's optional.

Don't forget to check out Lord El-Melloi, it's a continuation of the story of one of Zero's important characters.

Feb 7, 5:56 PM

Jan 2024
Yup this is a common problem. I haven’t started fate since the watch order definitely put me off but the animation looks insane !! So I was told and u can look it up ‘fate watch order’.

I would start with Fate/stay night .
Feb 7, 9:28 PM

Jul 2021
So its 2024 and people still cant agree on a fate watch order?
Feb 7, 9:55 PM

Jul 2021
Omarumba said:
The main mistake most people make when starting to watch Fate is their thinking that this universe has some sort of clear-cut viewing order.

Think about it, first vn came out with a lot of endings but the same beginning, what kind of order can there be?

If we talk about chronology, but you should start with Zero, because there is a clear explanation of what is the Holy Grail War. Then comes the adaptation of the novel itself. This is route Caber, the 2006 anime. UBW's Rin route. And the trilogy of movies - Sakura's route. Are they all worth watching? Yes, if you want to know all the developments and understand Fate. Where should you start? Anywhere you want to start, these routes act as a separate story, they're not connected to each other. Is the 2006 anime worth watching? Yes, since it's the only adaptation of the Saber route, but again, it's optional.

Don't forget to check out Lord El-Melloi, it's a continuation of the story of one of Zero's important characters.

well the visual novel locks you into playing in this order : “Fate” - “Ubw” - “Heavens feel”
Feb 7, 9:55 PM

Jan 2017
Omarumba said:

The Visual Novel forces you into playing the Routes in a defined order tho (Fate > UBW > HF). And it's not just randomly done, as each Route and their twists and climax are built on the previous one. The whole Visual Novel is in reality only one story, in a crescendo of mystery and epicness, splitted in 3 Parts.

Omarumba said:
If we talk about chronology, but you should start with Zero, because there is a clear explanation of what is the Holy Grail War.

That's the main mistake(s) most people makes when trying to watch Fate.

First, absolutely no story with a minimum of complexity will be completely chronological. If the Author can't play with the timeline of his own story, how can he introduce mystery and twists ?

Second, Fate/Stay Night is mainly a slow burn psychological/mystery, not a typical action/coming-of-age story. And watching Zero first near completely change that.

renz330 said:

That's something that'll never happen. Even if we were to get a Remake of the Fate Route, there'll always be Zero fags.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to Alexioos95
Omarumba said:

The Visual Novel forces you into playing the Routes in a defined order tho (Fate > UBW > HF). And it's not just randomly done, as each Route and their twists and climax are built on the previous one. The whole Visual Novel is in reality only one story, in a crescendo of mystery and epicness, splitted in 3 Parts.

Omarumba said:
If we talk about chronology, but you should start with Zero, because there is a clear explanation of what is the Holy Grail War.

That's the main mistake(s) most people makes when trying to watch Fate.

First, absolutely no story with a minimum of complexity will be completely chronological. If the Author can't play with the timeline of his own story, how can he introduce mystery and twists ?

Second, Fate/Stay Night is mainly a slow burn psychological/mystery, not a typical action/coming-of-age story. And watching Zero first near completely change that.

renz330 said:

That's something that'll never happen. Even if we were to get a Remake of the Fate Route, there'll always be Zero fags.
Alexioos95 said:
How would that make a difference? You could watch Stay Night first and then watch Zero as a prequel. You could also watch Zero first as a prequel about the past Holy Grail War to then watch Stay Night. Both options are valid, but I personally think you should start your viewing experience with Zero first. Watching SN will spoil the ending of Zero, and watching Zero will spoil some of the details of SN. It's up to you what you risk.
Feb 7, 11:01 PM
Apr 2019
Just watch it don’t research that’s the best way imo watch fate/zero then go wherever you feel like next, fate/zero is the best by far imo though
Feb 7, 11:11 PM
Jan 2021
TabutcuEmmi said:

2006 is good the only reason the other shows have such better scores is because the animation is alot better. But 2006 is by no means bad (except that one dragon scene lol)
Feb 7, 11:56 PM

Jan 2017
Omarumba said:
How would that make a difference?

You are literally removing entire genres and subplots.
If that makes no difference for you, then i don't know what to say... You are simply not experiencing the same story as the ones who watched Zero after.

Omarumba said:
You could also watch Zero first as a prequel

That's not how it works.

A Prequel is literally "the past" of an already existing work ("the present" ). If you watch the Prequel first, it's not a Prequel anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prequel

Omarumba said:
Watching SN will spoil the ending of Zero, and watching Zero will spoil some of the details of SN.

Stay Night doesn't spoils the ending of Zero, because Zero is a Prequel.

You are supposed to already know how Zero ends before even starting it. It's not a work in which the viewer asks himself "What will happen next ?", but "How did it happened ?". The point of Zero literally is to fill the blanks from the numerous flashbacks and explanations that were thrown in the 3 Routes, ans discover how the tragedy that led to the 5th Holy Grail War happened in the first place.

However, Zero spoils nearly all major point of the 3 Routes (not just "some of the details"), thus annihilating the mystery. That's why Zero should be experienced after the 3 Routes. And that's not just my opinion, but also the one of the 2 Authors.
Alexioos95Feb 8, 12:01 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 8, 12:49 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Alexioos95
Omarumba said:
How would that make a difference?

You are literally removing entire genres and subplots.
If that makes no difference for you, then i don't know what to say... You are simply not experiencing the same story as the ones who watched Zero after.

Omarumba said:
You could also watch Zero first as a prequel

That's not how it works.

A Prequel is literally "the past" of an already existing work ("the present" ). If you watch the Prequel first, it's not a Prequel anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prequel

Omarumba said:
Watching SN will spoil the ending of Zero, and watching Zero will spoil some of the details of SN.

Stay Night doesn't spoils the ending of Zero, because Zero is a Prequel.

You are supposed to already know how Zero ends before even starting it. It's not a work in which the viewer asks himself "What will happen next ?", but "How did it happened ?". The point of Zero literally is to fill the blanks from the numerous flashbacks and explanations that were thrown in the 3 Routes, ans discover how the tragedy that led to the 5th Holy Grail War happened in the first place.

However, Zero spoils nearly all major point of the 3 Routes (not just "some of the details"), thus annihilating the mystery. That's why Zero should be experienced after the 3 Routes. And that's not just my opinion, but also the one of the 2 Authors.
Alexioos95 said:
That's not how it works.
I wrote that conditionally. You know how to pick on words, and you obviously love it.

Alexioos95 said:
You are supposed to already know how Zero ends before even starting it.

This only works if we're talking about visual novel and light novel Zero. However, here we're talking about the anime adaptation from Ufotable, where Zero came out before Stay Night. Zero also, like Stay Night, has a standalone story with unexpected twists and turns, which you'll spoiler yourself by watching Stay Night first. The fact that Zero is a prequel doesn't negate that.

Alexioos95 said:
However, Zero spoils nearly all major point of the 3 Routes
Not the most significant ones. It's one thing to watch Stay Night first and learn everything important that was in Zero from quick flashbacks, but it's another to watch Zero and learn about the existence of Gilgamesh and the essence of Kirei and who Sakura really is.
Feb 8, 1:16 AM

Jan 2017
Omarumba said:
You know how to pick on words, and you obviously love it.

Yes, because it's extremely important. Everyone misuse such words, nowadays, and it means nothing anymore...

Omarumba said:
However, here we're talking about the anime adaptation from Ufotable, where Zero came out before Stay Night.

Yes, adaptations. While they attract a lot of new viewers, and thus bring more money to the producers, from the point of view of the Author, they are simply a reward, both for him and his fans. That still doesn't change what the stories are about, and the intentions behind it; it's just that the new viewers are not aware/discard them.

And Zero still came out after the 2006 Anime (which adapted the Fate Route, with also some infos of the other 2 Routes).

Omarumba said:
Zero also, like Stay Night, has a standalone story with unexpected twists and turns, which you'll spoiler yourself by watching Stay Night first. The fact that Zero is a prequel doesn't negate that.

That's entriely true.

When a Prequel is well written, it can often be taken as a stand-alone, and still be (highly !) enjoyed. The problem, is that by doing so, you change the meaning of the original work, which also means the intentions of the Authors. You can justify liking the Prequel more, and it's totally understandable, but that's not the case for wrecking what the Author tried to do.

Omarumba said:
Not the most significant ones.

Omarumba said:
It's one thing to watch Stay Night first and learn everything important that was in Zero from quick flashbacks, but it's another to watch Zero and learn about the existence of Gilgamesh and the essence of Kirei and who Sakura really is.

It's indeed 2 different things, which is why i said those who watched Zero first did not experienced the same story as the ones who did so in last.

For instance, everything surrounding Sakura is revealed only in Heaven's Feel, so after (around) 60h of story (for the Visual Novel). That's a big ass twist, that went completely unsuspected all that time... ! Which was casually talked about as if nothing in the few minutes of Zero...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 8, 1:32 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Alexioos95
Omarumba said:
You know how to pick on words, and you obviously love it.

Yes, because it's extremely important. Everyone misuse such words, nowadays, and it means nothing anymore...

Omarumba said:
However, here we're talking about the anime adaptation from Ufotable, where Zero came out before Stay Night.

Yes, adaptations. While they attract a lot of new viewers, and thus bring more money to the producers, from the point of view of the Author, they are simply a reward, both for him and his fans. That still doesn't change what the stories are about, and the intentions behind it; it's just that the new viewers are not aware/discard them.

And Zero still came out after the 2006 Anime (which adapted the Fate Route, with also some infos of the other 2 Routes).

Omarumba said:
Zero also, like Stay Night, has a standalone story with unexpected twists and turns, which you'll spoiler yourself by watching Stay Night first. The fact that Zero is a prequel doesn't negate that.

That's entriely true.

When a Prequel is well written, it can often be taken as a stand-alone, and still be (highly !) enjoyed. The problem, is that by doing so, you change the meaning of the original work, which also means the intentions of the Authors. You can justify liking the Prequel more, and it's totally understandable, but that's not the case for wrecking what the Author tried to do.

Omarumba said:
Not the most significant ones.

Omarumba said:
It's one thing to watch Stay Night first and learn everything important that was in Zero from quick flashbacks, but it's another to watch Zero and learn about the existence of Gilgamesh and the essence of Kirei and who Sakura really is.

It's indeed 2 different things, which is why i said those who watched Zero first did not experienced the same story as the ones who did so in last.

For instance, everything surrounding Sakura is revealed only in Heaven's Feel, so after (around) 60h of story (for the Visual Novel). That's a big ass twist, that went completely unsuspected all that time... ! Which was casually talked about as if nothing in the few minutes of Zero...
@Alexioos95 I understand you, that's why I originally wrote in the first comment that Stay Night and Zero spoiler each other, so everyone starts watching the way they want, risking something (the main thing is not to start with Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, haha).

Fate is a damn cool universe, and if you take it so seriously, wanting to know everything, it's better to familiarize yourself with the visual novel first.

Anyway I expressed my opinion, as you did, and the topic..... people will continue to argue about it after us.
Feb 8, 3:20 AM

Aug 2020
you can go and just watch it and worry about the other installments later.
Feb 8, 4:51 AM

Aug 2020
Omarumba said:
Alexioos95 said:
How would that make a difference? You could watch Stay Night first and then watch Zero as a prequel. You could also watch Zero first as a prequel about the past Holy Grail War to then watch Stay Night. Both options are valid, but I personally think you should start your viewing experience with Zero first. Watching SN will spoil the ending of Zero, and watching Zero will spoil some of the details of SN. It's up to you what you risk.

Zero does nothing with the spoilers it gives you for stay night. The "spoilers" for zero given in stay night are used to develop the characters or are the the resolutions of route-long mysteries. It's not even comparable.

In FSN kirei's psyche and backstory is a mystery kept hidden until the last stretch of the story, in zero it gets spoonfed to him by a demigod figure and makes him look like a typical edgelord midwit that just needed to be told "have fun lol!"
Feb 8, 5:01 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to offcrack
Omarumba said:
Alexioos95 said:

Zero does nothing with the spoilers it gives you for stay night. The "spoilers" for zero given in stay night are used to develop the characters or are the the resolutions of route-long mysteries. It's not even comparable.

In FSN kirei's psyche and backstory is a mystery kept hidden until the last stretch of the story, in zero it gets spoonfed to him by a demigod figure and makes him look like a typical edgelord midwit that just needed to be told "have fun lol!"
@offcrack Ha-ha, by watching Stay Night you'll know how the Holy Grail War ended in Zero, you'll know who survived and who didn't, thus spoiling your viewing experience.

At the same time, watching Zero in the first place will spoil you with other details that are also important, but at the very least, the ending itself will remain unknown to you.

I wrote to the person above, I'll write to you too - it's up to each person to choose where to start.
Feb 8, 5:15 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to offcrack
Omarumba said:
Alexioos95 said:

offcrack said:
Yes, you're right. But let me give you an analogy. Gilgamesh in Stay Night is shown as a complete idiot who not only underestimates his opponents, but also does not try to use his own strength. In Zero, however, he is presented in a different light as a rather valiant ruler who respects his enemies. By watching Stay Night first you will not only spoil your impressions of this character in Zero, but you will also know how he will end his story in Zero and Stay Night. What do you think?
Feb 8, 5:19 AM

Jul 2021
Yeah this thread is getting ridiculous
Feb 8, 5:21 AM

Jan 2014
oh boy, going to be a rough ride. Fate series are wild, man. But if you stick to it there's a lot of lore to be engage in. There's also that game: Fate Grand Order, which also a lot of stories to tell.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 8, 7:20 AM
Aug 2023
Just don’t worry about it
Feb 8, 8:10 AM
Feb 2022
Just watch Zero, Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works, Heaven's Feel is the worst thing i've ever watched so I think you can skip that and since is almost the same thing as S/N and UBW you'll not be loosing nothing.
Is Chainsaw Man overrated or just overhyped? 
Feb 8, 7:01 PM

Aug 2020
Omarumba said:
offcrack said:
Yes, you're right. But let me give you an analogy. Gilgamesh in Stay Night is shown as a complete idiot who not only underestimates his opponents, but also does not try to use his own strength. In Zero, however, he is presented in a different light as a rather valiant ruler who respects his enemies. By watching Stay Night first you will not only spoil your impressions of this character in Zero, but you will also know how he will end his story in Zero and Stay Night. What do you think?

I don't really think that gilgamesh has much thematic relevance nor is interesting enough to warrant taking priority like that, both end up as foils to shirou but gilgamesh is portrayed as such to send a message while kirei's relation to him is much more fundamental, something like a reflection in a mirror
Feb 9, 9:58 AM
Mar 2012
KebtizFeb 9, 10:06 AM
Feb 9, 9:59 AM
Mar 2012
There is a lot of buildup and well timed revelation in Stay that you simply miss if you watch any of the others first. True that it is far and away the worst on the list, but it sets up Zero and UBW really well. But regardless of which order you decide for the other 3, Heavens Feel should always be the last, imo.
Feb 9, 1:30 PM
Apr 2022
TabutcuEmmi said:

p1. fate zero s1 and s2
2. fate ubw s1 and s2
3. fate heavens feel 1, 2, 3

just watch all this and leave the rest
Feb 10, 3:17 AM
Jul 2019
Bolona07 said:
This is a prequel designed to be watched AFTER the original

This right here. I don’t get how people can’t understand how prequels work. You’re not gonna watch Star Wars 1, 2, and 3 before 4, 5, and 6. George Lucas made the prequels 16 YEARS AFTER the original trilogy.
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
Jul 2019
Omarumba said:
@Alexioos95 I understand you, that's why I originally wrote in the first comment that Stay Night and Zero spoiler each other, so everyone starts watching the way they want, risking something (the main thing is not to start with Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, haha).

Fate is a damn cool universe, and if you take it so seriously, wanting to know everything, it's better to familiarize yourself with the visual novel first.

Anyway I expressed my opinion, as you did, and the topic..... people will continue to argue about it after us.

I disagree with the spoiling. Imagine yourself on the year that the Fate VNs released and you play them. You know these plots now. Then, Fate/Zero anime releases years later.

Just think about the Star Wars trilogy.

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
1 hour ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.