Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Man, it's hard to take Rud's female companions seriously. Some of them are over friendly with him while others are more like comic reliefs. Fille looked like a walking meme.

Well, I guess Nin can be taken seriously in some capacity but Rud is still doing all the work.
Jan 27, 9:54 AM

Dec 2021
Oh, wonderful... more scumbags.

The black wolves that attacked had two magic stones embedded in them, causing unease among Rud and the others due to the unusual situation. Without delay, a ferocious horde of Chameleon Kongs appeared. Rud, along with gathered adventurers, joined forces to somehow navigate through the situation. However, near the town, an "entrance to the labyrinth" appeared. The labyrinths created by the gods are practically mountains of treasure for mankind. You can harvest materials from the monsters in labyrinths, and depending on the location, you may even be able to secure meat and vegetables. And most importantly, the lives of people have become more convenient and luxurious because of the mysterious items found within the labyrinths.

When the three monkeys hit their teenage years and start desperately calling for their mom, things get real. And can you believe that a creature with 'chameleon' in its name actually has chameleon-like abilities? Seriously, some people are just not getting it. And that massive entrance towering over the trees? You can't miss it. If you don't extend an invite to a top-notch tank, you're clearly not cut out for the adventurous life. Luckily, the poor guy stuck with the responsibility at least gets some perks to make life better and support to help his sister heal.

It's a classic story of teamwork – the one who proves reliable and responsible ends up dealing with all the extra problems. Life, right?

Jan 27, 10:14 AM
Jul 2023
Doge Luna.

Decent worldbuilding and a good set up for the next point of the story. Rud’s responsibilities surely are stacking up.
Jan 27, 11:31 AM

Jul 2017
Manicia sitting on Rud's lap: the definition of a sis-con's dream, despite him being caring for her illness.

Fille's expedition to rid of chameleon kongs with the Avancia adventurer group, it soon becomes a situation where they're surrounded by more of them. But if not for Rud, whose tank skills have gradually improved, they would not have taken down the horde with ease. Rud being armed with a sword, that helps, but a labyrinth nearby? That would help speed things up to save the village.

Nin giving Luna a rundown on the labyrinth, it certainly has a group but no clan, so it's hard for sustenance. But still, Rud's efforts have slowly been acknoweldged by the community of Avancia, and a fight between rival clans, Rud acts pretty much like the mayor who restores law and order...that is, under Vuild's orders, have him open up his own clan and lead the people, despite him wanting to focus on healing Manicia's illness. The other way, to destroy Avancia's labyrinth, it's a rather pressing choice between both worlds. This is exasperated by Manicia's illness getting worse by the minute, and Rud has decided for the latter in order to prioritize Manicia. That said, having Luna play the part of the clan leader, Nin would fully support both Rud and Luna, and this is for the best.

Rud is growing up to be a sensible adult, who would've thought?
Jan 27, 12:46 PM

Dec 2011
So much going on in one episode yet all of them are over in possibly the most absurd and dumb way ever.
Jan 27, 12:58 PM

Dec 2022
well they found and a labyrinth and now rud will become a clan leader
Jan 27, 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
it's really cool when strong mcs let other people get the experience from killing monsters instead of just one shotting them, i remember seeing other anime doing the same (tho i can't say i remember which ones right now lol)

a labyrinth appeared and with it, many adventurers came to take advantage of it, but obviously, some bad ones would come too, so a leader is necessary, and no one can go up to our E-rank adventurer (lol just like Belgrief from last season)

that last bit was kinda hard, how do you choose between saving your ill sister and helping the town? thankfully, he had a way to choose both, with the help of the girls
actually i was thinking that maybe they could send some of the adventurers to find the stone they need lols
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 27, 2:07 PM

Feb 2019
i dunno if it was selflessness or selfishness that's making him not quite want to accept the position as clan leader, but we all knew it would end up with him taking on the job anyway
Jan 27, 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
[*Sits on Lap*]

"Find that special someone"

"and don't stop caring for me"

KKONA VIBES RISING

LOL

(seriously tho, Manicia IS really cute, I would have gone Incest too if she was my lil'sis...) [*senses intense aura coming from behind me with red eyes glaring*]

BTW, that sword looks like it's from one of those Chinese Wusha series... LOL

And RIP Monke, it dead now

HUh... so Rud's the one doing damage control for the town as bunch of adventurers arrive due to the discovery of the new dungeon.

And now they want Rud to make a new clan... with a somewhat ultimatum where he has to pick either creating a Clan or have the dungeon be destroyed...

WHY THO?... there are bunch of other clans, like those 2 that literally came to visit the town and go to the dungeon... it's not like if you're not in a clan you're not allowed to go into a dungeon are you? that's some RETARDED RULE if it is...

And even then... why specificially aiming at Rud having to create a Clan? makes no sense dude... you're literally forcing someone to do something that wasn't even needed...

Imagine playing a MMORPG where you're not allowed to go into ANY DUNGEON if you're not in a Guild/ Clan... that's some retarded shit. I would drop that game instantly.

Or a DEV saying, if this random dude doesn't make a Guild/ Clan, then no one else is allowed to go into the dungeon... WTF... GIGA RETARDED SHIT. (and then we'll be having people doing witch hunts and SWATTING to force this random dude to make a guild/ clan... otherwise it'll literally be "unplayable" cause no one can go into the dungeon)

They should have come up with a better excuse if they want Rud to make a clan, like giving him benefits... not a FRICKING BLACKMAIL...
amlgJan 27, 3:27 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 27, 3:27 PM

Feb 2019
“We don’t need either of you so if you’re going to make trouble, leave” lmaooo bro is not having any of that nonsense in town.

Man this was actually a really good episode. Felt like everything coming full circle and now the story can get going. Kicked out of the hero’s party, and disgraced. Now Rud has the respect of everyone in town and when the need to form a clan arises, there’s no one else that you could select but him to lead. He’s definitely redeemed himself and proven he’s more than capable.

Getting the go ahead from Runa, his sister and Nin as well was a big plus. He’s such a kind and considerate person and wants to support all of them. But now it’s time for people to support him! Going to be cool to see how he brings the clan together and what other characters we’ll get. I’m really happy he and Nin get to be in a party again as well!

Kinda feels like the prologue is over and the real story starting now.
Marinate1016Jan 27, 3:58 PM
Jan 27, 6:02 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really enjoyed the chameleon kong fight, although it’s simply a fusion of a chameleon and a gorilla i found it to be a unique monster, at least I don’t think I’ve ever seen this particular fusion before lol, and we saw Rud being a straight up tank here with him eating all the enemy hits and the knights and fellow adventurers doing the damage, I thought we might see him pull that one big attack out but we didn’t, he did however use that fire sword which was “super effective”, I wonder if that reference was intentional or not lol. And I was happy to see that adventurer that helped out with his babe companions didn’t stay an asshole and apologized for his behavior, if only Kyglas was capable of that lol.

And after that threat was dealt with they ended up discovering a labyrinth near the town, it was met with celebration at first (drunk Fille was cute lol) but as time went on things started to get a bit hectic in town to the point that Rud was given a choice to either start a clan to manage the town and labyrinth or destroy it. Rud was pretty set on destroying it when Manicia was in bad shape but Luna and Nin ended up convincing Rud to start a clan instead with Manicia herself helping despite her condition, hard to argue with all that logic lol.
Jan 27, 6:25 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is a serious question.... not a jab or anything

but do people actually buy the BDs for anime like this lol?

i mean... im gonna keep saying it... so many of these (especially fantasy LN/manga) series are just too fucking SAFE... like... nothing risky AT ALL... no real mix ups... and none of the girls... shit... or even the guys are particularly stand out to where i could see people wanting merch like dakimakuras of them

Jan 27, 6:44 PM

Dec 2018
This might be the most average show this season but it's cute for what it is. So he's been keeping his rank low so he doesn't have to be at the beck and call of the guild, makes sense.
Jan 27, 7:42 PM
Apr 2023
Hey he might even find what he is looking for inside the nearby Labyrinth (or at least a big clue about it or if not, a significant remedy that might alleviate Manicia's symptoms for a long time). And if he creates a clan, he can also widen his info network in more ways than one (i.e. he can pinpoint other labyrinths to visit more efficiently)

PS from what I read, they removed some 'harem' moments in this episode like Fille being drunk and unconsciously confessing to Rud, and Milena (blacksmith's daughter) also expressing her feelings towards him.
Jan 27, 9:46 PM
Oct 2019
cool, I don't expect much from the ending, but it has a chance of surprising me
Jan 28, 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, the art quality is mediocre and the action scenes are very poorly made, as if lacking budgets... Probably another anime made to get people's attention for the source and from there boost the sales somehow, I am dropping this from my list for now, everything is so typical up to this point, if not worse comparing to other typical comedy action anime, good luck
Jan 29, 1:21 PM
Feb 2022
So this episode is where they saved money for the final. Sure hope they only need maximum three episodes because everything except the VA was so bad I almost didn't get through watching the whole thing.
Jan 30, 2:40 AM
Jan 2024
I honestly considered dropping it because of the mc being weird like REALLY weird but enjoyed the new episode. MORE FIGHT SCENES
Jan 30, 7:07 PM
Oct 2019
to much fun and good
Feb 2, 7:25 PM
Apr 2013
EP 4

Guys i swear im not late
Soo last time nin showed up and we had a huge thing. i dont remember exactly but im assuming some kind of antagonists will show up at some point. when though

Huh, the credits are rolling already. that was a weird ep
Lots of talking, again, a leetle bit of action and then.
I guess we'll have to see what happens next ep
We're 4 eps in but I feel like I'm still coping "ONE MOAR EP"
Kinda confusing but oh well. Better hope next ep is good though
Feb 3, 6:34 AM

Oct 2017
Ofc like how Rud went around helping people they'll also come to help him in his need. Hope he can cure Manicia someday soon. Drunk Fille cute btw.
Feb 19, 6:03 AM

Feb 2021
The choice to save his little sister is good.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 12, 8:41 PM
Jun 2022
Yeah , Not For Me . Gets Lil Too Goody Goody At Times So Sayonara Tank!

Apr 27, 10:44 PM
Mar 2016
I'm currently at episode 4. But I can't take it anymore. I was just wondering why is it anime is so boring I can't stand it. I withstand until episode 4 then I realize no wonder it feel so boring to me. it's because the story is kinda like a slow life and peace. animation during battle is so plain and blant. the animation is like read a manga wait it's like visual novel. there are no attack animation. just one single image of 1 attack without an animation. I decided I have to quit. although the 1st episode got to admit it was quiet intriguing that he was kick out of hero party and episode 3 they realize without that strong tank they were useless. But the plain and blant animation is cannot make up for my boredom.
Apr 30, 6:31 AM

Nov 2019
They make this series so hard to watch with its romantic sister brother trope... It's so obvious who this anime was made for.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23

35 by k4cper0 »»
May 4, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

21 by Apratim »»
May 3, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

14 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2

22 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24

13 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.