Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 22, 2:38 PM
Oct 2019
so he's the witch (mage) and she's the beast? interesting (DON'T SPOILER THIS IF I'M WRONG. I'LL FIGURE IT OUT ON MY OWN)

i like the guy. i like his demeanor and his slick back hair. the girl is kind of whatever. a bit annoying, personality-wise, but i'm curious what she actually is and how she came to be in this situation, etc
Feb 24, 2:19 AM

Sep 2022
Good first episode. Made an impression. I'll keep watching.
Feb 28, 8:52 AM
Aug 2013
Love the art style, but I'm unsure what I'm supposed to care about story wise.
Mar 8, 5:53 AM

Oct 2022
This episode was supposedly a story summarized, if it had a extension, it could've served as an whole season. Great episode. covered so much in 21+ mins.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Mar 16, 8:16 PM
Jul 2023
Amazing Ep it made me rewatch it later
Mar 30, 2:57 AM

Feb 2021
I thought that she'd already died...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 30, 6:37 PM

May 2023
Reply to Just_a_guy_in_VN
Joei-12 said:
I knew this would be a bad adaptation but even knowing that this has been extremely disappointing, The sound section is completely out of place and is incapable of transmitting any type of emotion, and the artistic section, God they haven't even tried it. It looks awful and lacks any impact, for example when Guideau returns to his original body in the manga you can see the importance of the scene, but they haven't done any of that in the anime. The music clashes with the scene. The colors chosen are terrible. It doesn't even have a good angle.

But the truth is I don't know why I was disappointed or bothered, this was so obvious what would happen, I mean a studio that only makes shitty isekais and a director who has never worked with dark fantasy.......... How stupid of me to even thinking that this would have a minimum of quality
Literally this , and they also do a terrible job at transfer character expression ,body language and emotion which is a big part of why the manga is so good . It's soooo f*cking bad i immediately notice it in the first screen :
( In the manga when talking to the baker and the girl ashaf is trying to express friendliness and curiosity ,he lay down his elbow , put 1 of his hand in the pocket and lower down his head because they are shorter than him which is a thing you do when you is in a complete strange place meeting new people , and this i completely absent in the anime , the lack small detail happen so much i get annoy mid episode i start press skip 10s severe time to get through the pain .)
This may sound like a nitpick but those are the thing that build up the aura and personality of a character , Ashaf look and act wayyyy more chill , friendly and human in the manga , he get stressed and run as fast as he possible can to the building when he discover what will happen to the girl , he smile when he greeting someone he deemed friendly , he worry when the witch try to hurt the girl and he cant seem to protect her from it . We'll be here for days if i go over the detail of all the thing that the anime just skip over .
THE DETAIL is what truly make the manga so special , and the anime just miss the mark so bad on EVERY SINGLE F*CKING CHARACTER AND SCREEN.
It's just PAIN at this point . Another one of my favourite manga bite the dust . :(( iam dying in the inside please help me
PLEASE GO READ THE MANGA for your sake , it's a mile better than what we have here . ( and sorry if there are any spelling mistake , english isn't my first language)
@Just_a_guy_in_VN yap session. episode was good end of disscusion. yall want everything to be perfect which is why I hate manga elitists lmao
Apr 5, 10:23 AM
Jun 2022
Nice , Another Drop Incoming!

Apr 13, 7:35 PM
Apr 2024
Reminds me of Black Butler
Apr 17, 9:40 AM
Oct 2017
Nice first episode. The witches seem very powerful, but Guideu being their only natural enemy evens things out. Ashaf seems like a cool guy too.
Apr 18, 7:48 PM
Oct 2021
This one is a story that is just not well structured enough. It's like I can see the vision, but because this is the first episode and it sucks, I really can't trust the creator's pen game. Plus the animation wasn't the best or even that enticing throughout. I'm gonna have to sit this one out. Looks like something that would work in manga if the art is good enough but I find it difficult to follow in anime form. It's kinda like a worse version of 'The Case Study of Vanitas'. Instead of intrigue, and hype, we are met with confusion right of the gate and too much dialogue and info dumping for a first episode too.

A really sad and unfortunate start. Maybe, it's just not for me.
Apr 21, 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
i finished The Witch and the Beast 5/10 probably
Everything is very simple. i've seen these stories in many other anime, but much better executed. the main characters are one-note. i can't understand how anyone finds any special chemistry in their relationship. all the arcs are solved by just blunt force.
I like the magician, but i completely dislike the main girl. she just lashes out at anyone who might be a witch indiscriminately. even though she only has a case against 1 particular witch. i can only guess how many people she accidentally killed offscreen.
Mediocre animation. for 13 episodes there was not a single animated fight that I would remember much.
we're never told the details of the MC's curse in the entire show.
there's her real body in the coffin, and this blonde is temporary body?
I think a monster that can destroy the world needs to be dealt with before it regains its full powers. It's weird that everyone knows about the sword that can destroy the world, but no one knows about this monster that's stronger than the sword that can destroy the world.
Apr 24, 11:45 PM

Feb 2014
Falcon Punch? LoL

Well, I don´t read the original source, but accordingly to what I saw in this episode, Guideau true self is apparently the macho one that came out of the coffin and the female version is due to the curse?

Because she/he kissed the witch, and so the curse was undone momentarily and a bodybuilder man came out of the coffin lol

TechOtakuApr 26, 1:50 PM
Apr 29, 12:36 PM

Aug 2019
My dude got cursed into a woman’s body. Now her personality makes sense lol
May 7, 4:11 PM

Feb 2015
It's like a 7 year old wrote characters and dialogue. Had to stop after 9 minutes of torture. The shallowest of the shallowest character designs. Vomit.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

81 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28

36 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21

37 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

54 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7

46 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 5:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.