Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 20, 2012 12:23 PM

May 2012
Piroko said:
Orz.....wow, at least now we find out why Rika committed suicide, but wow. x.x

That's what I was thinking.
Aug 10, 2012 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
Woah...woah...woah...

But finally, that scene at the beginning of the second arc makes sense now.
Sep 23, 2012 4:29 AM

Feb 2011
This was too damn amazing .. LOL
Nov 17, 2012 8:20 PM

Oct 2008
I now feel like I need to go back and watch the episodes that these episodes are helping to explain. Very good episode though. Seems like the majority of these characters become possessed, whether or not they are unaware of it is another thing entirely.
PANDEMlCNov 17, 2012 8:24 PM
Feb 17, 2013 10:03 PM

Sep 2012
She killed herself? Man, that's crazy. I wonder what happens to Tomoko? This is really interesting. Must watch next episode.
Mar 31, 2013 6:14 PM

Feb 2013
That explains the first scene in ep 5.
This anime is so good. I can't stop watching. >_<

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Apr 4, 2013 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
is it bad if i started meniacaly laughing allong with shion?
sorta creeped myself out for a minute
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Apr 14, 2013 3:26 AM

Sep 2012
Wow what an episode.

I give a 5.
May 13, 2013 2:31 AM

Feb 2010
I love Rika Q^Q Why!??!!?!?
This show is so entertaining. I cant stop watching and i should really be sleeping haha
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
May 27, 2013 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
Aw, I hoped Rika would kill that crazy girl.

Yeah, I'm sure covering Rika with newspapers makes the crime disappear.

Really intense and gory, but the pieces are coming together, so it's really good so far.

Jul 2, 2013 10:15 PM
Jul 2013
I figured it out. Some arcs are connected to others so the death of lets say, Rika, isn't related to her death in another arc.

WOW. This is a straight up masterpiece.
Jul 17, 2013 6:21 PM

May 2013
Great episode, I like how Shion got her revenge on the other characters.
Aug 1, 2013 11:12 PM

Feb 2011
Alright, that bitch needs to die, painfully. No cock is worth that much suffering.
Aug 3, 2013 11:44 AM
Apr 2013
I still support Shion compltely
Aug 12, 2013 6:55 AM

May 2013
Shion is, without a doubt, crazy.
Rika is, without a doubt, cute.

The fight begins!
Rika takes out her syringe and her spray!
But it is no match against Shion's taser!
So, what should Rika do now? That's right, she should kill herself!
And that's how you leave the world like a boss.

This fifth arc is truly the Answer Arc to the second arc.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 29, 2013 3:58 PM

Jun 2013
Okay that was pretty crazy. Wow. Rika had the most brutal death I have ever seen..

This gives us some really valuable information, but I still don't understand how they are gonna make the whole volcanic incident come into play.. Since Rika died here and then we saw her naked body outside the temple before K was pushed into the river and everyone dying from the volcano gases.

Hmmm.
Nov 16, 2013 7:36 PM

Jun 2013
So that injection is what makes the festival victim kill themselves. Makes perfect sense, they injected Keiichi with that in first arc too! So that's why he killed himself in the phone booth!

Now Shion... I absolutely hate her and hope she does not survive in the end!
Dec 1, 2013 12:02 PM

Dec 2012
Incredibly gory but the story is progressing quite splendidly. I love it!
Jan 2, 2014 1:24 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap I forgot about this part with Rika and also Satoko. This makes the endgame with Keiichi all the more interesting.
Jan 19, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
Shion have gone completely psycho, I can't help but laugh when I see her go maniac xD

Rika was so cute... Until she started stabbing herself :P

There is only two thing left that I don't understand about the second arc ;

- Who really is Takano and how/why was she dead before the festival though we saw her?

- How did Shion ended up attacking Keiichi in the hospital when she was supposely dead? Oishi say before leaving : ''There is to much walking dead in that story''. I wonder what that mean, why do some people seem to came back from the death?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 8, 2014 6:39 AM

Jan 2009
shion's self-talk is so intense that i love it. i'll follow her lead in that regard, but not the killing lol.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 12, 2014 8:49 AM

Sep 2013
I felt really bad for Rika after seeing Shion push her around like that releasing her frustrations on her :( but watching the fight between her and Shion was pretty interesting (seeing Rika's 'bad' side)
Apr 12, 2014 8:53 AM

Sep 2013
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
So that injection is what makes the festival victim kill themselves. Makes perfect sense, they injected Keiichi with that in first arc too! So that's why he killed himself in the phone booth!

I was thinking that the syringe contained something that caused extreme pain which caused Rika to put herself out of her own misery.
Apr 13, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2012
count_demonicus6 said:
Tengoku_no_hakai said:

I was thinking that the syringe contained something that caused extreme pain which caused Rika to put herself out of her own misery.

MFW you finish season 1....
Accelerator:

Apr 20, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2011
Shion is a bitch, I can't sympathize with her at all, so all this time I wasn't "I can understand that feel, Shion" but instead "Fucking bitch lay your hand off Rika you crazy mothafucka". Now all I wish is for her to die a painful death. She is even worse than Keiichi.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 7:18 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, I am starting to understand this bit by bit, but what am wondering is how the doll came in. I do think that if Keiichi gave Mino the doll then maybe they would of been closer and he wouldn't of gone into the shed, but Shion would of still had this suffering feeling of Satoshi. Would of that meant that she would of never of gonna into the shed or something else?
Apr 26, 2014 6:09 AM

Apr 2013
Finally we got to see the beginning scene from episode 5.
I totally liked Shion in the second arc, and now in this arc in the beginning too, but now that she's all crazy like her sister, I don't even know what to think anymore.
Apr 29, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2014
I'm glad to see some lights from that second arc, finally the sense is surfacing.
But this arc showed that Keiichi and Shion met in a street and he protected her, when in the second it was Shion who protected Keiichi, at the steps of the cafè, so it's slightly different.

But now the only thing that remains is the presumably death of Shion and resurrection.
I think Oyashiro-sama really exists, but speaking from Rika's mouth it doesn't seem to be that brutal, it seems quite indulgent.
The problems are all in human's heads.

And Takano remains a huge variable.
May 11, 2014 5:06 AM

Jan 2014
Shion is insane...
May 30, 2014 8:46 AM
Mar 2014
ZlajaDarkShadow said:
Shion is insane...

The people she killed are not saints either. I look at her as vengeance brought upon sonozaki family for killing all those innocent people.

Surprisingly I don't feel sympathy for rika chan. She is just as axe crazy as shion and died as a consequence of her own actions.
Jul 8, 2014 7:45 PM

Jan 2014
Amazing!! now that's more like it, more blood and more killing.

Shion so cool
Recommend me an anime
Jul 27, 2014 8:00 AM

May 2014
Now I see.... I think I got the entire timeline now.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 6, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
No more Rika-chan, and Satsuko has barely been in it even though her brother died, they didn't even use that chance for character development. Though I doubt they could even pull it off.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Sep 1, 2014 12:13 AM
Dec 2011
so RIKA is not that innocent as i thought huh? she actually came to kill MION (who is actually shion)...
one quection is being answered RIKA and GRANNY are the people who decieds things..rika herself said she is the one who decides who to cures or not and surprise surprise RIKA has the DRUG that was used in the 1st arc,now the 2nd and in the 3rd arc. RIKA having it explain that she is directly involved.

so up until now the people who are directly involve in this murders are =
1-granny and mion
2-RIKA and family of priests ( rikas father knew what exactly was going on but rikas father was against violence approach) but rika is different she is under heavy influence by the cures and firmly believes in it .
3-rena= i suspect her fully = even in this arc she knew with her detective skills 90% what happen to rika and satako and it turns out that's what exactly RIKA DID!!!..... ITS TOO SUSPICIOUS TO BE 100% CORRECT! everything turns out as RENA thought!( rika going to get soya sous) but one thing RENA didn't knew was this was SHION AND NOT MION. she had suspicions about this when village leader disappeared because "this wasn't according to their plans"

the way RIKA was trying to kill shion with the DRUG ...rika is not that innocent at all she was trying to kill her friend mion (shion) who was not obeying her. all shion wanted to make keiichi the BAIT to lure out the main culprit.

shion thought "why is keiichi still not approached by anyone or nobody called sonozakis and asked anything but i let the everyone know about what keiichi and i did"

the reason is its already been decided that festival night that keiichi and shion will be left alone for while (just for now ) because of the police and if they pushed shion she will rebel and if keiichi is captured now RIKA would be upset because rika didn't approved it! but there is a catch rika cant disapprove all the time only once maybe voicing out too much got her in to the sonozakis list.. everything makes sense now! and i have to add THE DOCTOR/THE COACH IS INVOLVED IN THIS by carrying out orders BECAUSE HE IS THE ONE WHO MADE AND IN CHARGE OF THE SUPPLY of the DRUG according to orders.. he is in charge of getting the targets drugged

reason the doctor is in this he mess up accidentally the kidnapping for his sake only a little so he was forgiven possibly got tortured like shion and is now following orders! :3
Nov 2, 2014 2:19 AM

Nov 2013
I just can't...this episode...too fucking amazing for words...

I HAD NO IDEA THAT RIKA COMMITED SUICIDE AFTER SHE WENT TO GET MORE SOY SAUCE!

WOW THAT SUICIDE. HOLY SHIT THE BLOOD IT'S EVERYWHERE!

THOSE YANDERE FACES! THE FACE OF PURE EVIL! SHION'S LIKE THE GASAI YUNO OF HIGURASHI!

EPIC EPISODE! ABSOLUTELY 1-UPPED THE PREVIOUS ONE!

10/5
FunnyRatmanNov 2, 2014 2:25 AM

Nov 2, 2014 2:21 AM

Nov 2013
abandoned2014 said:
So that is where that scene originated...
I've seen bits of pieces of this scene all over reviews of this anime but I did not see that scene coming...
FunnyRatmanNov 2, 2014 2:26 AM

Dec 30, 2014 3:39 AM

Oct 2014
This episode was awesome
Poor Rika I didn't expect to kill herself like that
But I love Shion
Jan 20, 2015 12:05 AM

Aug 2014
that slap scene was very funny, lol
Feb 2, 2015 6:18 PM

Jan 2014
Best episode so far! ^^

Abhishantz said:
that slap scene was very funny, lol

Lol I agree
Feb 22, 2015 7:31 AM

Mar 2013
Does Shion not realize that if she kills Satoko, she would be no better than the people who killed Satoshi?

I'm glad Rika died. This arc proved without a doubt that Rika is involved just as all the others. She isn't the cute innocent little kid that she seems at first.
Mar 23, 2015 12:54 AM
Nov 2014
It just keeps getting better and better.

Totally loving this arc now.
Apr 8, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, when i saw they were going to attack each other i thought this arc was going to connect to the one where Rika's stomach was opened and her internal organs removed, could still happen though. I also need to know the seiyuus they use for when they go crazy ass mode XD

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 23, 2015 5:30 AM

Feb 2013
Shion is awesome, she just makes this show so much better. I was not expecting Rika to try and attack her there, glad Shion whooped her ass. But this just proves that Rika isn't the cute little innocent girl everyone thought she was, I'm assuming shes been the one behind all the suicide deaths. She got exactly what she deserved this episode.

Can't wait to see how she kills Satoko and Mion :D.
Shape430Apr 23, 2015 5:33 AM
May 17, 2015 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
Good lord this was quite the episode. Without a doubt, Shion is the textbook definition of a psycho. She got so deranged from loving Satoshi, finding out he was probably killed by her own family, then acting in Mion's place and learning more about it...That just transported her to a world that no one can save her from.

She roasted Keiichi so hard..."Moron. So annoying." I was like Dayyyyyum!

So, Rika's dead, Satoko will probably be killed as well by the way things seem now, and we'll find out the answers from the arc that left the questions that are being solved now.

Bruh...
Jul 15, 2015 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
Are all the arcs the same timeline? If so, Satoko will survive. If not, she will die.
Jul 30, 2015 12:48 AM
Jul 2015
*shudder* I flinched pretty hard when Rika stabbed herself. That's got to be the scariest thing that this show's done yet.I'm so happy that we're finally getting answer arcs, all those questions were weighing on me. I hope that we get the answer arc for the first four episodes next, I'm not quite sure why this arc came first.
Aug 1, 2015 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
At this point I can safely say that satoshi must be so glad to be dead. Imagine having a crazy bitch as your gf omfg
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 5, 2015 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, Shion is insane. And poor Rika, that was a pretty brutal suicide. Awesome scene though, what with Shion laughing with that insane look on her face
Aug 8, 2015 8:30 AM

Dec 2014
After having Rika killing herself as the start of that other arc and never seeing that scene happen I was wondering if it was ever going to come back up or get explained and it does in the most amazing way. This has probably been my favorite episode so far and this is definitely my favorite arc of all of them. Can't wait to see how it concludes.
Aug 16, 2015 8:06 AM

Feb 2015
Shion is a lot crazier than Yuno lol.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.