Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 12, 2015 11:46 AM

May 2015
Someone guessed Shion was the one actually shaking the ladder but I thought that was ridiculous. I was wrong. I was terribly wrong.

At this rate it's safe to assume that Shion is the one who kills Keiichi and her twin in this path. This also makes me wonder if she was the one who killed people in the first arc. She was there for a year, after all. I'd like it if Mion was actually sane. XD

Feels like I'm watching How to Get Away With Murder, what with everything being shown out of order.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 12, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2015
ShaniAndras said:
The drug in the needle that Rika had is the same drug from the first arc used that killed Mr. Takanawha(can't spell) and when Shion injected Keichii with it. As a result, this caused him to "claw" away at his throat in time getting deep enough and died because of too much blood loss. Rika was well aware of what the drug is capable of and instead of dying slowly she decided to end it quickly.

We don't have proof yet that this was Shion. Circumstances would suggest it was Mion, though I suppose it's possible that in that arc Shion got rid of Mion and took her place, wanting to help Rena with the murders after snapping when Satoshi died.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 5, 2015 4:03 AM

Oct 2014
Oh so that's where that scene comes in. Brilliant .
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 24, 2015 2:46 PM

Nov 2011
Holy f*cking crap o_o

Shion went from Lawful Evil to whatever the f*ck she is now. Damn that was crazy.
Dec 1, 2015 9:10 PM
Aug 2012
Man I need to stop comparing Shion to Yuno because whenever I do, I think how much of an amateur Shion is lol. After watching Mirai Nikki, I can literally feel nothing while watching this. Except for the fact that Rika is cute.
Jul 16, 2016 4:57 AM

Jan 2015
LoL, so many things are making sense now, hmm
Sep 26, 2016 12:41 AM

Aug 2016
Shion is such a douche... how do people actually like her..? she barely even knew satoshi and she acts like they were childhood friends and were in love for years or something... plus shes a straight scumbag towards all her friends.. Cant wait for this arc to be over.. definitely the 2nd to worst arc so far..
Oct 22, 2016 1:57 AM

Aug 2016
Oh no.... Shion went too far....
nooo dont hurt Satoko again!!!!!
Nov 13, 2016 12:30 AM
Mar 2016
I remember them showing Rika's suicide during the beginning of the second arc and I can't believe that it was a number of episodes before this death. Is there any significance of this numeral difference (15)? or am I just overthinking this?
Jan 2, 2017 2:27 AM

Sep 2016
oh myyy gawwwwddddd, shion bae like your getting too hardcore for me whyy rika she is soo kawaii so kawaii, from previous eps i thought rika was just casually going to her house for sauce but tune it to this eps and i found out the prelude which started this as well as the following of what went down like damn rika i think she shouldve prepped better for trying to take on shion now did she do this because of shion hitting her or because of her knowing too much about oyashiro samas curse?
hmm
Facta Non Verba
Sep 7, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2015
So that was that scene with Rika.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 8, 2018 3:48 AM

Sep 2017
Cool episode. It gets a lot better. I was happy that Shion realized the truth. And Rika had to go. She was also involved in the killings, so she ain't innocent anymore. Shion won! At long last!

Also those references. Now I caught them. I understand how the minor details played a major role, like her feeling sleepy.

That cool scene where she just eats ice cream after killing 2 people. So cool.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 8, 2019 6:45 AM

Dec 2013
Holy crap, rewatching this show reminds of how high Shion's body count was. But I have to prepare myself because "that" episode is up next.
May 12, 2019 12:00 PM

Aug 2018
So if it was apparent before, Shion has gone absolutely batshit insane. Rika wasn't just a cute girl who sees into the future, she was smart enough to realize something was wrong and tried to kill Shion. Damn though she stabbed herself to death, I totally forgot about that scene.

Welp looks like Satoko is gonna die next episode. At this point I might as well just indulge in Shion's crazy murderous antics.
<Insert clever quote>
Jul 28, 2019 6:09 AM
Apr 2016
Even more stuff revealed, at the same time more mysteries get revealed... Satoko will most likely die, probably. Shion completely went insane at this point.
Aug 8, 2019 3:58 PM
Sep 2007
Furude Rika's logic - let's spray someone in the face with pepper gas (or whatever it was) and try to inject them with something. That totally won't be interpreted as assault and won't tigger any defensive response. Especially if the victim is a girl physically older, taller and stronger than her. What could possibly go wrong? Rika's painful reaction to injection and suicide attempt soon after only confirms that Shion was simply defending herself. If it wasn't some kind of poison, why Rika would react that way?

What Shion needs is a good psychiatrist, not confirmation that she's right to be paranoid. Assaulting someone who's already in paranoid state is hardly a good idea. Especially if you're, at least physically, just a child.
korsarzApr 23, 2022 12:07 PM
Dec 27, 2019 4:44 PM
Dec 2019
So that shadow who always following people, made sound of steps is really Satoshi? Then Satoshi haunted Rena because she can moving on so easily to other places while he can't because already dead and can't leave the village either? But if then whos following Satoshi ? I think Rena had missed understanding with Satoshi being followed as Oyashiro curse that she always believed (being haunted) actually only being followed by ordinary people to disappearing him, for some reason I begin to remember in first arc how Rena being protective and psychopath but actually wanted to help Keichi with his problem being scared of something
Jan 13, 2020 4:46 PM

Sep 2018
Ngl- Shion is my favourite character outta everyone.
But the knife scene- my god. Gruesome-
Mar 20, 2020 2:07 AM

Dec 2013
Oh that scene with Rika will haunt me forever. But it's making sense now huh, that's the reason why Rika stabbed herself. Shion is getting really crazy here huh

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 24, 2020 12:50 AM

Feb 2018
Looking for Rika suicide... are you crazy?
May 15, 2020 5:47 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Remember to get a good night's sleep everyone. If you stay up all night torturing people and never sleep, you'll never have a chance to dream away the crazy!
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 26, 2020 7:35 AM

May 2018
Nipa~ more like Nidead

Shion is my waifu. Fuck you Satoshi
Jun 26, 2020 3:59 AM

Apr 2020
Dang. I loved Rika's death. Gave me Another vibes. I'll give back the 10/10 now. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The pieces are starting to connect.
Jul 10, 2020 11:57 PM

Aug 2018
Watching Rika die is painful... still, this is so interesting!

Aug 5, 2020 8:06 AM

Apr 2020
...Now, that's what I call "Headspinning success" for Shion. Seriously, it's hard to believe, but the sadist-minded Miyo seems the most sane character to me, besides Tomitake who is not from the village. I mean, at least she is not hiding it...

Also, what a badass way to go, Rika-chan(I'd probably do the same, Shion is definetely cray-cray at this point).
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Aug 25, 2020 12:24 PM

Feb 2020
so it's finally confirmed it was shion not mion there. poor mion though :/ she's the only one who hasn't gone psycho yet.

why does rika's hair turn blue?

when rika killed herself.. omg.
Aug 30, 2020 12:55 PM

May 2016
I can't believe she done all these horrible stuff for a freaking boy she barely knows.
Sep 12, 2020 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
Things are starting to connect but wow, Shion is messed up like wtf!

Even the cute Rika wanted to do something dangerous with the needle.

Sep 13, 2020 3:23 AM

Apr 2013
I never liked Rika, so it doesn't surprise me that she's probably the biggest psychopath of them all. Seems like next episode we'll see the end of the Mion arc again, but this time from Shion's perspective.
Oct 7, 2020 6:08 AM

Nov 2018
This drug makes people kill themselves by cutting throats + makes them lose the feeling of pain I guess so it was also used as anesthesia before getting their internal organs out while the victims are still alive for Watanagashi ritual. Something like this.

Rika is not innocent for sure and she is also a reincarnation of Oyashiro.What are the steps people hear though?
I hate everyone equally
Oct 7, 2020 6:10 AM

Nov 2018
Great storytelling and this animation and sound desyncs just make it creepier.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 12, 2020 12:32 AM

Apr 2020
Holy cow, it's interesting to see Rika's suicide be explained.. This arc is interesting
Oct 16, 2020 9:27 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my goodness, so this is how that beginning scene in episode 5 happened, this is insane!!!

Love this episode more and more!!!
Oct 18, 2020 1:28 AM

Jan 2020
I'm surprised at how accurately Rena was able to deduce the murder case from just a small amount of information. Her detective skills are truly impressive, I have to say.
Oct 25, 2020 12:21 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, DAMN DAMN!!! Fuck FUCK FUCK!!!
That was the same drug they injected in Keiichi to make him claw his own neck right? Now its Satoko's turn... AAAAAAAAHHH! Shion fucking hates her so bad, but Satoko did not do anything wrong!

sigh....
--AbiSa--
Oct 29, 2020 6:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn Shion, you looked so awfully insane on these episode, by treating my angel Rika with such a bad deal. So thats the glimpse of the second arc. They really caught me, referring all of the suspicion to Mion. But, its actually Shion, after the dissapearance of Satoshi, she became a demon. Its confirmed, Satoshi death by the hate of the whole village. Rika then suicide while trying to protect Keiichi against the madness of Shion, but, she failed. She didn't had much power to overcome Shion rage. And soon Satoko and Keiichi as the last victim, in the next episode. Holy shit!

Somehow, i am still didn't believed, Rika was Oyashiro, until the revelations at episode 15. Then, its clear here, she said Nii pa, my mind went back to the episode 15 again! That confrontation, tho. Shion really hate the third big family, even to the innocent kid like Rika. She went too far, and then her next target already decided, its Satoko! I must survived the nightmare!

Well, maybe i was right, the main purposes of these show, at least the LN one, must be to protected Rika at all cost, maybe until she was had enough power to defend herself. Because these episode showed how weak she was, as the reincarnation of Oyashiro. Welp, a nice information dumped. I really appreciated these arc xD. Okay, the next must be shit again!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 30, 2020 5:36 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, that opening scene in Watanagashi-hen has finally been explained. Rika was like ayt, imma head out. So, I am assuming that drug is the one that causes the scratching of the neck and stuff? Damn, so in Onikakushi-hen that's what Rena and Mion were trying to inject Keiichi. But, we still don't fully know what it is.

Shion is beyond help Jesus, she has utterly lost it. Fuck, what the hell is she gonna do with Satoko. Satoko's been through enough already.

Damn, this is the first time we got a 6 chapter arc. Yes inject those answers into my veins.
Nov 25, 2020 8:57 PM

Mar 2019
Best Episode indeed....
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 14, 2021 12:51 AM

May 2020
Ah so that's where that one scene comes from... I never expected the circumstances for it to occur. Shion is completely crazy; I pray for Satoko in the next episode since Shion really hates her.
catfayMar 14, 2021 12:54 AM
Apr 26, 2021 4:52 AM

Jun 2020
Gagged a little, ngl. NI PAAAAAAAAAA

Rika definitely knows what’s up. I’m almost certain she has all the memories & shit & is aware of everything happening in all the arcs & timelines.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 20, 2021 7:48 PM
Dec 2017
another nice episode i say

Dec 22, 2021 10:57 AM

Jun 2020
The beauty of this anime is the way they reveal things in a layered manner. Just Amazing!
Mar 2, 2022 12:08 AM

Jul 2019
Well, Shion finally met Satoshi's afterlife form and completely lost her mind when Mion said she was there when he was killed. Rika's fate was very miserable but at least she kept her pride as the only Furude representative. The infamous drug is really making people insane and suicidical, I have a feeling that it was designed by doctor Irie whose role in this particular arc is enclosed. Satoko has nothing to oppose in battle with Shion...
Mar 8, 2022 9:24 PM
Jun 2021
well that was a madness
Jun 2, 2022 12:11 PM
Nov 2020
Now im curious what's on Rika's POV would be in all of that scene like she already knows what's going to happen
Aug 29, 2022 7:50 AM

Feb 2021
So the drug addict killing the Hojou aunt was all set up by Oryou and her cult-like followers. All of that just to get Satoshi killed.

Poor Satoshi was thrown into that underground well where he either died from the impact or was heavily injured and then died of starvation/thirst.

Wait, how can Shion see Satoshi's shadow figure? Is it her hallucination? Is it Oyashiro-sama playing tricks on her? Or is it actually Satoshi's spirit?

I thought that Rika was the most precious and kind out of all of them. Even she has a disturbing side to her. I guess no one here is really 'good' per se. Can't believe an innocent little girl had the balls to just stab her head multiple times with a knife.

What was the drug that she had with her though? Was it to make the person inflict self-harm or was it to directly kill the person (like poison or smth)?

All of it is now making sense. I love it when such disoriented events come together to reveal a bigger event going on. Still, this is just a small part of the mystery. We still don't know a lot.

Sep 13, 2022 9:07 AM

Jan 2013
Why isn't this anime tagged iyashikei? A heart-warming story of revenge.
Dec 11, 2022 4:12 PM

Jul 2021
You know up until now in this arc I was kind of rooting for Shion, because I also don’t like the Sonozaki family or the villagers. However, Satoko must be protected. I can’t defend Shion there.
May 25, 2023 12:54 AM
Oct 2022
That's quite the twist. This is only getting more and more insane 
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.