Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
MF Ghost
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2023 9:36 AM

Feb 2012
So you can use a car like the NSX in MFG if you strip it of its electric motors, and that makes it lighter, too. Good news for the Civic driver that got humiliated by Kanata.

Despite not being in the opening race, the Alpine A110 is a record setter qualifying at Ashinoko. On the downhill, Kanata was too enthralled by the updates Spiral gave the 86 to notice it. Fortunately, he reflects on his mistake, recalling what Fujiwara-sensei taught him about getting emotional behind the wheel.
Sawatari, having studied in Europe, has competed in races where Kanata has excelled in before, repping RDRS whereas Sawatari was driving "hunks of junk" as he calls it.

Shun is gonna have a hell of a personal crisis if he finds out that No. 7 is 17- year-old Ren, as he is ironically creeped out by Sawatari's self-admitted complex. I have a hunch this is going to fuel Sawatari's rivalry against Kanata.

Song from Lamborghini Huracán scene:

Song from the last Alpine A110 scene:
Fortress_MaximusDec 10, 2023 2:51 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 10, 2023 9:36 AM

Jan 2009
so we are back to time trial races for now

that koki guy is really a lolicon then but he is a genius driver too
Dec 10, 2023 9:43 AM

Mar 2021
That Alpine is rapid I can't wait to see it and the GT86 go head to head
Dec 10, 2023 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
Who's this Leonardo DiCaprio wannabe freak, creepy. Hope Kanata beats his ass in the race. Also I swear if he tries anything with Ren Imma handle his ass myself. Btw I don't like how Aiba kinda downplays Kanata everytime he talks. Like in this episode comparing the new freak to Michael but nothing much on Kanata. It's like he still doesn't think of him as a top tier racer. Can't wait to see his ass beaten by Kanata too. Also I hope they get done with the time laps and get to the real race soon but then again just one episode left so I'm hoping we get a new season soon.
Dec 10, 2023 10:50 AM
Sep 2015
Can't see how this will end in the next episode.
Dec 10, 2023 10:55 AM
Dec 2022
We’re already on episode 11 out of 12 and the second race hasn’t even started which makes me worried. Do you think we’ll have to wait for a second season or an OVA in order to catch up with the manga cause the way I see it right now and with the pacing they are going at, I don’t see the next race happening any time soon.
Dec 10, 2023 11:14 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to IzWolfPack
We’re already on episode 11 out of 12 and the second race hasn’t even started which makes me worried. Do you think we’ll have to wait for a second season or an OVA in order to catch up with the manga cause the way I see it right now and with the pacing they are going at, I don’t see the next race happening any time soon.
@IzWolfPack definitely 2nd season near end of next year maybe (around October to December) cause this anime last ep gonna be a cliffhanger, but i hope they continue 2nd season in summer so we don't wait that long for the anime because of the cliffhanger that's gonna happen in epsiode 12.
Dec 10, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2022
I especially enjoyed this episode, but like others, I'm concerned we won't see a satisfactory resolution in the single, final episode for season 1, and can't help but lament the wait for a second season or OVA to pony up decent resolutions.

The cars are fun, the music's great. The animation style is a little stiff but is in balance.

Overall I'm thrilled to have a (actually two shows) racing/driving show in the line up this season, as it is one of my favorite sports.
Dec 10, 2023 11:37 AM
Aug 2020
FBI is watching you...

it was a great episode, i'm excited to see what will happen next but only one episode remaining...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 10, 2023 12:04 PM

Mar 2021
Ok, Are we even gonna end the qualifiers in 1 episode?? This just screams "2nd Season" to me... They should seriously not tease us like this. Just announce another season already ffs...
Dec 10, 2023 12:49 PM
Feb 2017
Hope we pass the pedo fast cause he makes me want to stop watching the second he talks
Dec 10, 2023 1:08 PM

Feb 2019
Banger episode, the Honda NSX is such a beautiful car. Didn’t even know Honda did sports cars like that.

The improvements to the 86 car might be minor, but they’re having a major impact. Can’t wait to see Kanata put them to use in the next race.

No way Sawatari just gave a whole lecture on why he only likes 17 year olds. Legit one of the weirdest characters I’ve ever seen. Just peeped his license plate is even 1 17 lmao wtf man. Glad the one dude called him an absolute freak. Please keep him away from Ren.

If only Shun knew the girl he’s crushing on was 17 as well..

Even though he’s a weirdo, can’t deny Sawatari’s talent, and it seems like Kanata’s arrival has motivated him to actually go all out for once. Their battle should be really good.

I don’t see anyway we have a satisfactory ending next week, so I’m guessing there’ll be an imminent s2/OVA announcement. Surely a cliffhanger coming.
Marinate1016Dec 10, 2023 1:14 PM
Dec 10, 2023 2:08 PM

Sep 2020
Least perverted Frenchman
Dec 10, 2023 3:41 PM

May 2018
This guy is a true gigachad:

Dec 10, 2023 5:06 PM

Apr 2022
cool stuff with the blue alpine but sad that this is ending next week. go hojo's honda nsx was my favourite car in 5th stage but the new one is pretty sick here as well. sawatari really to fight the lolicon allegations lmfao, his 17 year old complex is kinda like how the average age of leonardo dicaprio's past relationships are 22.
Dec 10, 2023 7:03 PM
Jul 2023
Marinate1016 said:
Didn’t even know Honda did sports cars like that.

Both the Civic Type-R and S2000 with V-TEC were amazing for their time. And the original NSX is a timeless piece of art.
Dec 10, 2023 7:24 PM

Feb 2019
YamatoNoKancho said:
Marinate1016 said:
Didn’t even know Honda did sports cars like that.

Both the Civic Type-R and S2000 with V-TEC were amazing for their time. And the original NSX is a timeless piece of art.

Gonna try em out in forza or GT
Dec 10, 2023 9:01 PM

Jul 2021
and i thought we would see some developments between angel 7 and kanata by the time this ends and we are already on the last episode.

good to see the 86 has become faster, next race should be even more fun. this just needs to get renewed for season 2 is all.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 10, 2023 9:07 PM

Oct 2017
that one weirdo only dates 17 year olds.
And dumps 18 year olds lmao.
Dec 10, 2023 9:09 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Only_Brad
This guy is a true gigachad:

@Only_Brad LMAO Leonardo DiCaprio racing i see.
Dec 10, 2023 10:46 PM

Nov 2010
  • It's good that each racer and car can get a spotlight respectively unlike actual race.
  • Although Lamborghini got fat too, still Huracan is beautiful. The back and forth camera work may be too excessive but nice.
  • phrase of this week: Stop wiggling your tail. Are you a loose girl?
  • toe, camber, caster angle... I've got some knowledge.
Dec 11, 2023 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
Sawatari makes his move at long last. Not only does he makes his own personal appearance during Kanata's shakedown of his improved GT86, but he finally takes parts in race 2 of the MFG series.

To no surprise, his defense as to why he dates 17 year old girls towards Aiba will only succeed to make people dislike him more. The irony here is that Aiba is still unaware that the MFG angel he simps the most right now is Ren, whose age is, surprise surprise, 17 years old. If only he knew the truth already... XD

Still, there's no denying how quick Sawatari is when he finally finds a motive to act on, with how quick he was in the qualifying lap. He's going to be the one to watch during the main race, that's for sure.

Other things to point out was the Civic Type R driver upgrading to the current gen Honda NSX. The main difference is that he's running the NSX with the hybrid tri-electric motors stripped out, making his car rear-wheel drive. While he'll be down on power as a result, his car will weight less, which for this technical course, is a good thing, considering he's out-qualified the Lamborghini Huracan driver.

I do look forward to seeing how Kanata will perform on this track. With one episode left, I do sense a cliffhanger-ish ending, so hopefully there'll be a continuation announced.
Dec 11, 2023 2:59 PM

Nov 2011
Yay, racing! Kanata, please do sth with this waiter hair of yours xp
Dec 11, 2023 7:45 PM
Mar 2021
We were expecting something more exiting for the almost last episode
Dec 11, 2023 8:07 PM
Nov 2020
BAD LOVE IS SUCH A GOATED SONG
Dec 11, 2023 9:04 PM
Oct 2017
Wouldn't catch me doing that. I mean, 17 year old schoolgirls?

Dec 12, 2023 2:34 AM

Jul 2017
Kanata taking Ogata's Okuyama-modified 86 for a ride, and the latter surely got a feel for one of the Godly 15's scale of rides, which gave the entire car a boosted upgrade. That is until the No. 4 driver Koki Sawatori in the Alpine following him from behind, racing him not as a competition but for a refresher before the 2nd MFG race begins at Lake Ashinoko.

While Kanata continues on his part-time job, Daigo Oishi is first to test run in his Lamborghini Huracan, and others start popping up like Kazuhiro Maezono in his Honda NSX, a change from his Civic in Odawara Pike Peaks. Eventually, the rest of the Godly 15 do their testing, and Shun meets with the 17-year-old complex champion Koki for his new test run on the track, which he feels the pinch from young uns' like Kanata, as Koki dominates Lake Oshinoko with demon-llike speeds for a course record.

What will Shun and Kanata do to ever come close to this genius champion?
Dec 12, 2023 6:00 AM
Sep 2023
Exaggerating with Japanese sweets, calm down with the brown tonguing! Brits have bad teeth for a reason, I think they've got more than enough good cheap sweets over there.

Car's perfect? No it isn't! Why lie!? Car doesn't even have a roll cage, it isn't lightened in any way, it's still essentially stock, why not do some work on the engine? Alpine smoked him anyway.

90's shaky cam footage during runs. Why??? It's nauseating and pointless.

Even old women lust after 17 year olds.

How can you write Japanese? I don't know, I just copied what someone wrote once and got that order absolutely perfect.

Guy with absolutely NO SKILLS as a racer started off in a Civic but now just happens to re-join in a pathetic NSX that they had to rip three electric motors out of, etc... it literally doesn't matter when the driver's still abysmal.

17? Mmmmm, bonjour, delicious, tres bieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! :P

I don't care at all about these time trial qualifying events.

Boring lap of the Alpine, let's go let's go Eurobeat, it's the 2nd day of qualifying, it doesn't matter what happens even if he gets a "super lap" time, the 4th guy last year got a course record... whatever that means... when Beckenbauer runs it will be meaningless so why feel any hype over it?

Train station, staring off into the sunset, ok? and? why?
Dec 12, 2023 6:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing the blue Alpine, great clasification...even broke the circuit record!!!!
kekeke
Dec 17, 2023 4:03 AM

Apr 2018
What are the chances for season 2?

Dec 17, 2023 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Surprisingly, there was no duel between Kanata and Sawatari. Too bad. We will have to wait to see Kanata fully unleashing the potential of his new car at least to Kanata's turn in the qualification round.

Sawatari gives uncanny vibes and clearly is a weird pervert, but damn... His skills are indeed impressive.
Dec 17, 2023 8:58 PM
Dec 2022
another cliffhanger, and seeing inside the moind of the Alpine driver (Leonadro dicaprio)
Dec 21, 2023 4:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sawatari needs to calm down with the 17 years old girls lol. Nice record though, drivers are doing better and better
Dec 21, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 2022
best anime in the world
Dec 22, 2023 6:21 PM
Oct 2019
Episode was cool, this new character breaking records seems like a cool challenge for the protagonist
Jan 13, 2:08 AM
Dec 2022
The appearance of the other genius that drives the Alpine A110. He is one weird guy.
Feb 9, 7:49 AM

Jan 2021
The music direction for this show is something else.
May 6, 9:26 PM

Mar 2016
The rule that allows racers to change their car as long as they're the same brand is an odd one but it's definitely interesting. The civic guy changed from an Fk8 to an NSX with the electric motor removed. That's a big step up in performance. Imagine if Kanata changed from the GT86 to a Supra mk5! Too bad the Supra came out in 2019 and the manga started serialization in 2017.

The qualifying days are upon us and we finally see Kouki as the so-called 'genius' race for the first time in the qualifying round. Owning an Alpine A110 is honestly really cool, not a lot of people know about this car but that lightweight chassis and turbocharged 1.8L make this tiny beast quite a ride. Even more so in the hands of someone as competent as he is. He'd be a cool guy overall had he not had a 17-year-old girls fetish. No, actually, that's not the biggest problem IMO. The more sickening this is how he'll dump any 17 year olds that reached 18th. Bro is NOT a family man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2023

71 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 10:11 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2023

43 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 8:38 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2023

40 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 7:19 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2023

71 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 5, 7:14 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 12, 2023

54 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 5, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.