Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
MF Ghost
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2023 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
The sandwhiching between Shun, Jackson Taylor and Akaba, it's similar to Kanata's earlier stint with the Yashi-Kita siblings, and once again, an attention flag is placed on the Toyota 86, as Kanata finds himself sandwhiched between the siblings' Lotus Exige and Alfa Romeo, it can work either way, it all depends on the driver, which Kanata wants to attempt one of Takumi's famous swerving moves, and it did cross against Kitagiri to gain position. Of course, it's a lie that Ren has not a supporter which Kyoko instinctively knows that she is keeping an eye on Kanata and wants her to coach him.

As the fog descends, Kanata cracking into the Top 10 beating Hanninen in the Lexus LFA, he needs all the help he can get on the visibility, through the gap in seconds apart. Ogata would've never thought that is scrappy Toyota 86 could defeat the likes of Porsches, but right now, Kanata is using all of his driving superhuman abilities and senses to overtake, no matter the scenario, even in the death zone. This is once again, one of Takumi's famous overtakings: the blind fog attack, even though this is his first time participating in MFG.

Kanata is a smart kid, and he's navigating Odawara Pikes Peak with suave.
Nov 19, 2023 9:51 AM

Jan 2009
thats the best episode yet

kanata overtaking 4 cars lol and now he is 9th place

he clearly has photographic memory so he might be a better driver than takumi fujiwara already
Nov 19, 2023 9:57 AM
Sep 2015
I'm so exciting! Though it's quite dangerous... no, I'm pretty sure it's VERY dangerous.

Next episode name 300kph, seriously? Even half of this speed is already guaranteed dead if crash happen!
Nov 19, 2023 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
was that keisuke at the end? can't wait to see him again

this definitely was the most hype episode yet!
Nov 19, 2023 10:08 AM

Feb 2012
Japanese car on the streets, English import in the seat...
he Ferrari's caught up. The Dark lord in the Audi's in tough spot.
Damn, look at those drifts.
Kanata's "not quite on Fujiwara-sensei's level yet" overtaking the siblings is so wild. Just gone from his left mirror like that it left Yashio fuming.
Flashbacks to Takumi's blind attack. Also, the Eurobeat playing in that scene was one I've been listening to for years!! Having it play when Kanata overtook the Lotus was such a pleasant surprise:

Massive EURO kudos to Jager and SCP-MUSIC!
Not done with overtaking an Alfa and a Lotus, he has his eyes set on the Lexus. Crazy boy!
Even the 911 Carrera GTS!?? While the others drive their more powerful cars tolerating the low visibility of the death zone, Kanata has his detailed knowledge of the course & Ogata's voice on his side. Such insane levels of precision
The appropriately aggressive Eurobeat accompanying this overtake of the Porsche is "Face down" by Hotblade, as featured in the fifth trailer:

Kanata must have an eidetic memory. Into single digits from his previous laps in this race, the online map, and the demo runs by Keisuke Takahashi himself! Keisuke even noticed when Kanata was qualifying, he copied the demo run perfectly whereas in the race, he's been changing it up to better suit his own style.
Fortress_MaximusNov 23, 2023 12:37 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 19, 2023 10:24 AM

Mar 2021
I hope that was Keisuke we saw at the end it would be great to see him again. Kanata is just on it as usual not even fog will stop him from chasing down the other cars
Nov 19, 2023 10:46 AM

Jan 2014
4 overtakes in an episode and Keisuke appears. Everyone has their eyes on MFG now. I wonder if we're going to be lucky enough to see Takumi in this season.
Nov 19, 2023 10:51 AM

Feb 2009
With the last words of the previous episode being "Let's go!" it was certain to be a great episode, and I wasn't disappointed.
The only sad part is that the perfect chance to recreate "NANI?!" meme got wasted because the driver was English speaker. Still good.
Nov 19, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2011
First time here on the MF Ghost forums.

Like many other people, for me this has also been the best episode by far to date.
Now it does remind me a lot more of Initial D, I liked how with the fog there was a lot of tension in the atmosphere but Kanata overtook those cars in a terrific way.

I hope the following episodes will have the same excitement, but I am saddened that so far there are only 12 episodes confirmed, in fact, I think that's how it will be.
Hopefully in the last episode we get some good news announcing a second season.
Nov 19, 2023 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
Insanely hype and tense episode. Very dangerous gamble by Kanata there at the end that paid off. Full throttle in those conditions.. one mistake and it’s all over. As they say, the future belongs to the bold.

A full racing and overtakes episode is good to see.

Was that Keisuke we saw there at the end? Hype as hell for next week’s episode
Nov 19, 2023 12:56 PM
Oct 2018
deg said:

he clearly has photographic memory so he might be a better driver than takumi fujiwara already

Nah mate, not better then fujiwara🐸 he himself admitted in this episode
Nov 19, 2023 12:57 PM
Oct 2018
phantomfandom said:
I'm so exciting! Though it's quite dangerous... no, I'm pretty sure it's VERY dangerous.

Next episode name 300kph, seriously? Even half of this speed is already guaranteed dead if crash happen!

Thats on kamaboko straight meaning they can speed up, less danger in straight line
Nov 19, 2023 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
IMO this was the best ep at here. We dont make compare MF and Initial D, but, this ep had some of that feelings when we saw Takumi try crazy things and give us a amazing curve with drift passing the others.

Since first ep I think Kanata would be a kind of "Takumi racer" and this ep is basically this. I loved Initial D First Stage, I was liking MF Ghost before watch Initial D, and now, I have differents feels but like the two show. MF Ghost has its own vibe, even though it appeals to Initial D's nostalgia and Easter egg, but it won't be its predecessor and this is giving us a cool anime to watch.

Nov 19, 2023 1:48 PM

Sep 2020
I WANT MOOOOOOREEEE NOWWWWWW!!!!!
Nov 19, 2023 1:58 PM
Sep 2019
Needless to say, the race is nearing its ending, we shouldn't slow down now.

KANLen09 said:
As the fog descends, Kanata cracking into the Top 10 beating Hanninen in the Lexus LFA, he needs all the help he can get on the visibility, through the gap in seconds apart.

one small correction, The #10 Lexus isn't the LFA, it's the LC500.
Nov 19, 2023 3:38 PM

Apr 2022
adrenaline pumping episode, you love to see it. kanata overtaking a couple cars up to 9th position, outplaying the siblings' sandwich tactic and being a machine in the thick fog as well. his whole memory deal sounds like shinji from the final stage. so many clean sequences this episode, they're killing it.
Nov 19, 2023 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
Porsche's driver letting go of the gas as he was overwhelmed by Kanata's insanity and valued his life more. Cold moment
Nov 19, 2023 4:09 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What an episode, I can’t wait to see what happens next week 🥴
Nov 19, 2023 4:32 PM
Aug 2020
this was fabulous, really amazing, i was enjoying every moment, even the girls talk was good...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 19, 2023 4:46 PM
Oct 2019
AMAZING! The song so aaaaaaaaaah
Nov 19, 2023 4:54 PM
Oct 2016
Ok now it's going, and it's going good. Holyyy (perhaps a bit of a too long buildup tho. Could have reached this point an episode or two ago)
Nov 19, 2023 5:12 PM

Aug 2016
finally a good episode, but still the added the filler of "romantical advise" to a teen.
Nov 19, 2023 8:19 PM

Mar 2021
Shanto_890 said:
deg said:

Nah mate, not better then fujiwara🐸 he himself admitted in this episode

in terms of technique, yes!! He isnt as good as Fujiwara, and he knows that very well. But in terms of strategies, this is way better than Fujiwara's style. He has a gift of photographic memory, and like Ogata mentioned, he is simulating the course, the cars ahead of him by their time gap and strategizing when to overtake and where to overtake.
V1P3R0PNov 19, 2023 8:22 PM
Nov 19, 2023 8:20 PM

Mar 2021
d0main said:
finally a good episode, but still the added the filler of "romantical advise" to a teen.

I heard from a friend that

I dont know how to feel about it.
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to Klad
Porsche's driver letting go of the gas as he was overwhelmed by Kanata's insanity and valued his life more. Cold moment
@Klad the stone cold emotionless face of kanata while passing him definitely gonna haunt him for the rest of his life
Nov 19, 2023 11:23 PM

Oct 2010
The songs used this episode. Both were absolute bangers.

Nov 19, 2023 11:42 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was fucking fire, those overtakes had me hyped than a motherfucker
Nov 20, 2023 12:05 AM

Oct 2017
Was that Keisuke at the end there yo! Holy shit!

Those overtakes gave me chills, insane. Reminds me of Takumi's crazy overtakes. Kanata might be more insane due to doing it inside the heavy fog.
Nov 20, 2023 12:12 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to V1P3R0P
d0main said:

I heard from a friend that

@V1P3R0P
d0main said:

And I don't know how to feel about you guys complaining about this every single episode. If you want to just watch some race go watch irl race or whatever. This is an anime so it'll have character interactions, characterisation and stuff which makes it much more interesting.
Nov 20, 2023 12:16 AM

Mar 2021
MegamiRem said:
@V1P3R0P
d0main said:

And I don't know how to feel about you guys complaining about this every single episode. If you want to just watch some race go watch irl race or whatever. This is an anime so it'll have character interactions, characterisation and stuff which makes it much more interesting.

woah there!! Hold your horses. I didnt even say anything about romance being bad. Besides, I dont even read the manga, just shared something that my friend shared with me. You dont have to come for my throat for such a silly reason lmao!!
Nov 20, 2023 12:31 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to V1P3R0P
MegamiRem said:
@V1P3R0P
d0main said:

woah there!! Hold your horses. I didnt even say anything about romance being bad. Besides, I dont even read the manga, just shared something that my friend shared with me. You dont have to come for my throat for such a silly reason lmao!!
@V1P3R0P You didn't just share what your friend told u though, don't forget you wrote a remark about it.
V1P3R0P said:
Nov 20, 2023 12:33 AM
Mar 2023
better than the rest , loved the overtakes in the end
Nov 20, 2023 1:09 AM

Aug 2016
Reply to MegamiRem
@V1P3R0P You didn't just share what your friend told u though, don't forget you wrote a remark about it.
V1P3R0P said:
@MegamiRem

There is time and place for it. We are in the middle of the race and all the focus on it. The director is doing a bad job when he is taking us out of being immersed in the race by showing this , because there is plenty of time between the races where we can follow character development, romantic development and drama. Just because she is adjacent to the race track for this, doesn't make it any less immersion breaking for me.
Nov 20, 2023 2:29 AM
Dec 2018
This epiode just hit me, sent me 25 years into the past, than pulled me back into the present. crazy but awesome.
Nov 20, 2023 2:30 AM

Aug 2020
Best episode so far and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that 99% of it just focused on Kanata being a beast and I didn't have to spend 60% of the episode seeing what some chucklefuck in 5th place is doing.
Nov 20, 2023 2:41 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to d0main
@MegamiRem

There is time and place for it. We are in the middle of the race and all the focus on it. The director is doing a bad job when he is taking us out of being immersed in the race by showing this , because there is plenty of time between the races where we can follow character development, romantic development and drama. Just because she is adjacent to the race track for this, doesn't make it any less immersion breaking for me.
@d0main If you meant it that way then yeah you have a point. I was talking about the anime having romance and other side stuff in general. Btw you quoted the wrong post.
Nov 20, 2023 3:03 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This ep was sick!! Some great eurobeat and overtakes 😍 that’s what I like to see

Was that Keisuke at the end??? Hype
Nov 20, 2023 3:10 AM

Mar 2021
MegamiRem said:
V1P3R0P said:

yes, I dont know how to feel about it, because I dont know how the romance will play out. As a part of the story, or character development etc... Whats wrong with that remark? I think you are overthinking stuff over here.

Look at it this way. Romance in Initial D had lots of heartbreaks. not a lot of successful ships apart from Fujiwara and that golfer girl.

Fujiwara x Mogi = He learnt about her sugar daddy and ended up the relationship in a toxic manner and he went mad and totalled his car.

Iketani x Mako Sato = He stood up on her and the ship never sailed after that. Did not impact much in his character afterwards.

Itsuki x Saori = The development was neat, but he then got friendzoned by her and to make matters worse, he even saw her go with her ex.

I only hope the romance is not gonna end the same way in MFG.
V1P3R0PNov 20, 2023 3:23 AM
Nov 20, 2023 5:28 AM
Nov 2022
This episode gave me those Initial D Eurobeat goosebumps.
Ogata-san really landed a golden goose.
Nov 20, 2023 5:36 AM

Nov 2010
"If there is room that three cars can go side by side, you can get past."
Even if the car ahead runs in the middle of two lanes, still there is a lane left and you can get past, in static view points. In reality, as the car ahead sways and blocks your course, it's not so simple.
Nov 20, 2023 6:37 AM

Feb 2014
Kanata is a man on a mission. A mission to get past his competition on the part of the course that favours his car more. God damn, I'm proud of Kanata right now! =D

His techniques was able to get him past Nozomi's Alfa Romeo 4C easily, but her and Yasu's blocking formation did slow him down for a bit. However, his assessment of going for a gap where the road was wide enough for him to do so gave him the chance to do a feint on Yasu in the Lotus, which helped him pass on the outside.

Obviously, Kanata wasn't done there. In the fog zone, he was able to make quick work of the Lexus LC500 (whose driver made me laugh with his English "What?!" and "Crazy Boy!" remarks! XD) with the help of Ogata giving him updates on his distance of the Lexus in front, so he could perform his overtake so cleanly. He proceeded to repeat the same tactic against the Porsche 911 Carrera GTS, whose driver did fight back for a while before conceding the position, stating that he felt racing alongside the GT86 on that part of the course was too risky. I can respect that, as it sometimes is better to be safe than sorry in that type of scenario.

Lastly, I believe we might've heard Keisuke at the end, commenting on Kanata's driving. His face wasn't fully shown, sadly, so I hope there's an opportunity to see his full face again soon.

Excellent episode overall. I do look forward to seeing more of Kanata as we get closer to the end of the race. Same goes for the 3-way battle for 3rd place between the Nissan GT-R, Audi R8 and the Ferrari 488 GTB. =)
Nov 20, 2023 11:24 AM
May 2023
really fucking good one
Nov 20, 2023 4:17 PM
Apr 2021
Or was this the Fujiwara zone I saw?
Nov 20, 2023 5:14 PM
Dec 2020
I don't ever reply to these, but this episode is deserving. This is what I wanted from MF Ghost, I only wish it happened at episode 1 rather than 8 :/ Super excited for the rest of the series!
Nov 20, 2023 6:30 PM

Mar 2015
was a great episode. my favorite so far. was suspenseful watching him drive through that fog and dominate..
Nov 20, 2023 8:51 PM
Oct 2019
ok that was fun. everybody freaking out about what he's doing (announcers, team members on the mic, the announcers, audience), shitting bricks in the fog death zone

great stuff. as this series continues to pick up, the main thing really holding it back right now in comparison is the lack of the friendships/relationships off the track. yea, he is friends with that angel girl, but he doesn't even know she's an angel. i expect the rest of this season to mainly be the completion of this race and then the immediate aftermath. so i don't expect great character development. but keep entertaining me and i can wait for more development next season (i hope there's a next season?)
Nov 20, 2023 10:23 PM
Oct 2016
Yo this episode was HYPE!! Kanata overtaking cars one by one and the music were fire!
Nov 20, 2023 10:24 PM
Apr 2023
I loved it. Its very osm and baddass
Nov 21, 2023 7:03 AM

Jan 2017
Definitly the best episode far, so many amazing shots and god tier camera action. PURE HYPE with that Keisuke cameo!

I wish that they would remake the S01 of InitD in this quality for the 30th Aniversery!
Nov 21, 2023 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
@V1P3R0P Reasonable, if you had said it like that from the start this conversation wouldn't have happened lol. I'm worried myself about how their romance will progress as this author likes to mess it up somehow. It's just that I saw people complaining about this having focus on romance and other stuff in almost every episode thread and finally decided to say something about it after 8 episodes. Just happened to be your comment in this one. Sorry if I had offended you, it wasn't my intention to do so.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2023

71 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 10:11 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 11 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Dec 10, 2023

37 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 9:26 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2023

43 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 8:38 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2023

40 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 7:19 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 12, 2023

54 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 5, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.