Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Dec 7, 2012 5:34 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
poor guy Otonashi 7 DAYS and no rescue :((( ! But this anime getting more and more beautiful/epic!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 31, 2012 7:43 PM

Sep 2012
Oh man this episode was pretty emotional, I love otonashi's resolve and his leadership in tough situations And also everyone's last actions of donating ;(
kevsterr95Dec 31, 2012 7:51 PM
Jan 4, 2013 6:48 AM

Feb 2009
Otonashi's background story had me in tears at the end. Overall, great episode.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jan 4, 2013 9:30 PM

Jul 2011
Well, never cried watching anime before. Otonashi surely is a beautiful person... I felt so sorry for him, and his imouto.
Jan 4, 2013 10:37 PM

Jun 2008
This show has had me going back and forth as to how much I liked it, but it's got a real strong balance of light action and then heavy, serious drama. This episode fit into the latter and it was really well done. All told the best episode I think I have watched thus far in the show.
Jan 18, 2013 11:11 AM

Dec 2012
Dammit! I KNEW IT! I CALLED IT! They should've let Hinata catch that ball!! I knew that in the end, finding peace and disappearing would be the greater goal. Not fighting Tenshi. I mean look at her! she's just too moe to be an enemy. And besides, Yuri's superficial goal (not her subconscious goal to protect others) was to find god when, in reality, mankind should never have to see god in person to find the beauty and reason to life as it is...

Aw Jeez! this show makes me so soft XD
Jan 19, 2013 6:18 PM

Mar 2012
Oh wow I actually shed a tear or two watching this episode when Otonashi inspired everyone to fill in their ID Cards with the donating of their body parts and then he died when the rescue team arrived :'(
Very good episode. One of my favourites to date
Feb 17, 2013 8:44 PM

Oct 2011
This was the first episode that made me teary :<
Mar 27, 2013 2:53 AM

Sep 2012
Why didn't the rescue team arrived sooner... Poor Otonashi... T_T
Apr 7, 2013 12:37 AM

Sep 2012
TomoyoSakagami89 said:
Too much Otonashi in one episode.
Yea heaven forbid the main character is actually featured as the main character. ¬_¬

How awkward would it have been if the guy who tried to run off with the water died and ended up with the rest of them? Because it's pretty much his fault that Otonashi didn't make it in time.
May 4, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2009
No TK...

More sadness. Angel and Otonashi team up. Afterwards Otonashi will probably have to disappear as well. Yuri will be the last one to go I think, but I don't want any of them to disappear...the fun will end.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jun 5, 2013 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
This episode made my eyes teary. First i thought he die in the train accident. His heroic actions saved a lot of lives. And the part when he was signing that donor card i didn't expect him to die a moment later.
Finally Kanade a.k.a Angel is back in business. Cant wait to see what's going to happen in the next episode.

5/5
Jun 16, 2013 4:45 PM

Mar 2013
Finally an episode in which I can see why this series is so popular! Don't get me wrong I didn't dislike the previous episodes, but this one is the first one I thought was really awesome. It is also the first one that got an emotion out of me to be honest. Otonashis backstory was really sad and beautifully told.
Jul 2, 2013 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
good flashback
Jul 2, 2013 10:03 PM

Oct 2012
Thought I could relate with the flashback quite abit.
Jul 6, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
wow, otonashi really a good person.
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Jul 6, 2013 8:46 PM
Jun 2013
took way to long for the rescue. Guess that train wasint on a constant schedual.
Jul 16, 2013 12:42 PM

Dec 2012
beautiful episode...
dacawizards said:
Finally an episode in which I can see why this series is so popular! Don't get me wrong I didn't dislike the previous episodes, but this one is the first one I thought was really awesome. It is also the first one that got an emotion out of me to be honest. Otonashis backstory was really sad and beautifully told.

All that ^^^^ Otonashi's story was heartbreaking. He died like a hero afterall...
Jul 17, 2013 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
So darn cheesy episode (and kinda dumb) but i still loved it.
Jul 30, 2013 3:34 PM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
Another well done episode. Not the best, but very good.
Aug 3, 2013 12:09 AM
Jun 2013
I found this ep to be the best so far in the series. It shows what kind of character Otonashi really is. Sad he died just before the rescue team came. AB looks like it's going to follow a more structured plot now. Rating just went up. 8.3/10.
Aug 3, 2013 12:18 AM

Jan 2013
So beautiful ;-;
Aug 22, 2013 11:22 PM

Jul 2013
"That girl..." - Otonashi. Are you fucking kidding me, bro? That girl? Is that seriously how you're gonna refer to your sister after she breathed meaning into your life? By referring to her as, that girl? You should be fucking ashamed, bro.

Anywho, i loved his backstory this episode, loved it, loved it, loved it. The romantic lover in me is surfacing and he's hoping to see OtonashixKanade! That would make me love this series 10x more! PLEASE. Otonashi was the fucking man in his past life, loved the person he was. Love the person Kanade is in this afterlife. She really is an angel :] Such a pure heart with this girl.

I would also quote the ending of the Dark Knight here, but that'd be too cliche
Banishment, this world!
Sep 2, 2013 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
one of the best episode for sure T__T

really showed how Otonoash's willingness to help others even though at first he didn't care about anyone, but her sister.

btw it seems Otonashi has been getting alot of bromance!!!

not that i mind or anything i just noticed it XD

final boss will definitely have to be between Yuri, Tenshin and Otanashi.

i'm guessing Yuri will find about their plan will refuse to move on.

can't wait for the next episodes!!!
Oct 14, 2013 5:59 AM

May 2013
love u kanade, good talk and relisation at the infarmary room

can anybody tell me what is the back grond song?
Oct 18, 2013 6:35 PM

May 2013
Shiina and TK shined in this episode!

Slow rescue team... If only they arrived a bit sooner... Dat donor card scene. (T_T)
By the way, where the hell did the guy who stole the water think he was going?

Ohh, so that's why Kanade's friends disappeared! That was her plan the entire time!
Maybe that's why she's called Angel.
And now Otonashi has the same plan! Is he Angel too? Or is he God?
I wonder who'll disappear next... By the way, Otonashi X Kanade!!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 7, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I didn't saw it coming, about the whole point of this world. It's pretty touching. Maybe Otonashi will stay by Kanade side at the end? I hope it end with an happy ending...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 7, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2013
I CRIED. REALLY.
Otonashi is a good man. He even signed for the donor cards and even inspired people before he died.
I was so angry to the rescue team. They were in the wrong time. They just appeared right after he died.
But... this anime is about the afterlife right?
Can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 21, 2013 7:12 PM

Feb 2013
Otonashi's death reminds of an ending to a Shakespearean tragedy. (too little, toolate)
I got to admit that I did shed some tears after learning the rest of his story. ;_;

Kanade is just too damn cute. >_<

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Dec 24, 2013 12:05 AM
Sep 2013
Honestly, at this moment, I can't tell if Otonashi's attempt to make them disappear is a good thing or not. Yes, there are feelings of accomplishment, success, and redo-ing one's past mistakes; but is it really worth it? To never again eat, drink, play, dance, fight, or think of elaborate plans? To be gone, to forget all you've been through, to leave everyone you know? I mean haven't they, at least, partially eased their pain of the past? By just being together in the SSS, being with people that have gone through similar hardships, being alive. They seem happy, on the outside, at least...
Dec 27, 2013 11:58 AM

Oct 2013
McRib said:
shit got real

Yup
Jan 26, 2014 5:48 AM

Dec 2013
Otonashi's wish is like..so pure. That train scene was really really sad I almost cried. Kanade was somewhat cute. (I'm sorry if this scares you).

I really can't predict what would happen, everything is so jumbled up in a good way. I'm enjoying this
Mar 5, 2014 8:26 AM

Sep 2013
Otanashi had such good intentions when he was alive, he helped everyone survive the train crash and signed an organ donor card to save even more lives,it was a really sad story.

so now Otanashi and Kanade are working together to help the other members of SSS admit their stories so they can help them ascend? things are getting real good.
May 2, 2014 3:01 PM

Mar 2014
I like how everyone is just now realizing how moe Kanade is.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
May 17, 2014 5:54 PM

Jun 2013
dem feels T_T
May 23, 2014 9:08 PM
Aug 2013
When the rescue team arrived just as he died... Ugh this show is so freaking sad :(
May 24, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
Strange episode... It was terribly tragic (Otonashi's death just before they arrived to rescue the victims) and in one second it changed completely and became full of hope.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 10, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2014
FUCK

THAT SURVIVAL PART
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jul 6, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2010
I'm glad that Otonashi didn't just die back then in the crash.

I do not fully agree with Otonashi, as his purpose is to force others' disappearance. I think they should all disappear in their own pace. Oh well, let's see how this will turn out.

The ED finally makes some sense at this point tough.
Jul 9, 2014 10:26 PM

Nov 2011
Norilla said:
I like how everyone is just now realizing how moe Kanade is.

Ditto. xD

Meritas said:
I do not fully agree with Otonashi, as his purpose is to force others' disappearance. I think they should all disappear in their own pace. Oh well, let's see how this will turn out.

I think the point is that some of them wouldn't, being left to their own devices. Yuri in particular probably wouldn't disappear without outside help.

What I want to know is what would happen if someone's grievance was being unable grow old with their loved one. What then? Kanade did imply that that place only helped people with bad childhoods, though. Maybe they wouldn't appear there.

Anyway, I'm glad that Otonoshi's backstory was expanded. It felt a lot more appropriate than simply dying in the train crash, even if that had its own sense of tragedy. Seeing him fill out that organ donor section of his ID was so sad. Of course the rescue team arrives just a bit too late. ._.

At least he was able to save others' lives.

The plot is finally going somewhere. I'm concerned with how they'll manage to fit everyone in the next few episodes and still do them justice.... Will Otonoshi disappear after that? I feel badly for Kanade, all alone in that world. I wonder how long she's been there.

I'm wanting to buzz through the next episodes, but I'll hold back. This show seems more enjoyable in small bursts, I think.
Jul 15, 2014 11:20 PM

Aug 2012
Otonashi's back story was great!! oh so sad but he made a difference after all =)

A sense of direction is what this needs and might get now! the plan sounds cool! I like how Otonashi changed obliteration to graduation ;)
Jul 28, 2014 10:15 AM
Jan 2013
The survival part where Otonashi died seconds before rescue team arrived is just.... heartbreaking....
Aug 2, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
so many feels worst timed death ever
Yo
Aug 2, 2014 8:28 PM

Nov 2012
I'm sure Otonashi saved those people out of genuine selflessness,and not self-righteousness since he couldn't save his sister.

Really sucks he died right before they were saved.
Aug 28, 2014 7:41 PM

Feb 2013
We finally see the 2nd half of Otonashi's story. They should show this episode to kids when they get their driver's license... get a lot more organ donors... inspiring.

The plan is set in motion...
Sep 25, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
Nooooo. Not sad parts again. It was so depressing and beautiful at the same time.

And the plot grows. It's so horrible that there's only a few episodes left.
Oct 28, 2014 3:41 PM

Dec 2009
This one nearly had me in tears. So many emotions expressed, and Otonashi finally finds his happiness. However he still has regrets so long as the members of the SSS exists in the world with regrets. Time for the big plan of letting everyone move on.

Though I can see Yuri's past being a big problem in helping her move on. Maybe she will be last as a result. Someone Kanade and Otonashi will do it.

Can this anime really make me cry, cause it got damn close this episode.
Nov 13, 2014 8:36 PM

Sep 2014
this is the turning point of the anime. I never imagen this show having such an intresting view of death
Nov 22, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2009
It all started as completely nonsensical afterlife school-life anime about some rebellious teens fighting some innocent looking angel that only wishes for everyone to follow normal school regulations. And what it became now? Same stuff as before but with much more sense! xD
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.