Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 19, 2023 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ryusei is amazing. Honestly, I think his potential has no bounds and he's the type that isn't afraid to take any risk. A clever guy too with the way they managed to use tools collectively.

But obviously, we can't forget about Senku as he puts on another display of his talents related to science. Kohaku also made progress although she did run into some complications. However, I think it's great everyone is playing their roles.

Oct 19, 2023 8:10 AM

Feb 2021
Once The Kingdom of Science wins I bet "petrification treatment" will be really popular
Gotta wonder how did they make the other parts of the bearings besides the balls.
I keep feeling like the spear guy will become our ally. Ever since the previous season.
The master is Soyuz's petrified relative? Really interesting, all this time I thought that the master just straight up doesn't exist.
Did Kohaku just admit that she likes Senku?
I think this is the most blood we've seen in Dr. Stone so far? And as I thought, he'll be saved with the power of petrification! (probably. please work)
It's the thing in the OP! Looks like something made by aliens.
Really good episode!
EmbientOct 19, 2023 8:14 AM
Oct 19, 2023 8:11 AM
Aug 2020
this was really an excellent episode.

i was not expecting that...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 19, 2023 8:27 AM
Mar 2023
And here am i who didn't even watched 1st ep🥲
Oct 19, 2023 8:42 AM
May 2023
very interesting ep for sure I always loved the pacing of dr.stone
Oct 19, 2023 8:58 AM

Sep 2013
I wasn't ready for a bombshell of an episode like that.....

Gotta save my boy Ginro and man the petrification machine looks like something from outer space, holy shit this definitely set the tone for the season.
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 19, 2023 8:59 AM
Jun 2023
Damn. It was one of the best ep so far..
Oct 19, 2023 9:01 AM
May 2023
does any one know which volume,chapter is this episode
Oct 19, 2023 9:03 AM
Sep 2015
This episode shows the beauty of science. Like a petrification device, it can be used as a deadly weapon, but it can also save lives. It's up to human on how to use it.

I also like a gender-swapping role. In this episode we see a female character fight and a male character almost get raped, and that female character finally save a male character with her wit and strength. It's usually the other way around in 90% of other anime.
Oct 19, 2023 9:12 AM
May 2023
Man, the way this episode ends.....
Oct 19, 2023 9:16 AM

Dec 2020
Well taiju has with his muscle power claimed all the remaining stoned people in the ocean and now also have they a dronee but just pre version of it.
Kohaku amd ginro that was a strong moment in the end of this episode, i hope they can save ginro.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 19, 2023 9:23 AM
Aug 2018
no words a heartstopping episode.
Oct 19, 2023 9:28 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, this episode knows how to hit hard and take you by surprise, huh?

Ginro was able to see what the "master" truly looked like and by the looks of his face, he looks like a relative to Soyuz, but he did look half petrified and half dead. Because of this, Ginro had to run away and tell Kohaku about it, but he was fatally wounded as a result.

Kohaku was on fire in this episode as well. She held her own against Maz, who she does admit that he's far stronger than her, but how she stepped into action to catch Ginro and come up with an ambitious plan to save him by getting petrified along with herself was very brave and awesome at the same time. She did get a close-up of the weapon itself, which looks very scientifically advanced, before it activated.

It was a great way to end the episode with that moment. All I can hope is that Senku and company can save the pair, also helped by the recovery of Kaseki. I just hope that Amaryllis will be okay, though...
Oct 19, 2023 9:31 AM

Nov 2021
“It fits perfectly! Right in Kaseki’s p**p hole!” Suika, girl. Phrasing! lmao. But man, I’m glad the ol fella’s back. Taiju as well. Senku really has some godtier people on his team.

Kohaku's masterful performance-best girl right there 🥹🫰

Oct 19, 2023 9:38 AM
Jul 2019
What an asspull.. Let someone die ffs there are literally no stakes
Oct 19, 2023 10:03 AM
Nov 2009
Reply to FewDaYS
@FewDaYS Chapter 121.
Oct 19, 2023 10:11 AM

Jan 2019
That came as a genuine surprise with the show usually being super reluctant to show any kind of blood or killing.

Oct 19, 2023 10:11 AM
May 2023

thanks for the help
Oct 19, 2023 10:12 AM

Jan 2018
Lmao. Kaseki almost got a poop tattoo on his back. Glad they waited before reviving him.

Damn. Shit got real very fast. Thanks to Kohaku's quick thinking Ginro will most likely live.
Oct 19, 2023 10:13 AM

Apr 2018
What a masterpiece of an episode. I did not expect something like this, so early in the second part. Kohaku's fight against Moz was great, usage of animation in slow motion and speedlines while still being fluid was amazing. But, the highlight goes to Ginro who gathered some great information for the rest. At the cost of his life, but Kohaku's battle brain may have saved him. Saddest part was the fact that he still said goodbye to Kinro. Ffs, I didn't expect this.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 19, 2023 10:15 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to WalterBlack59
What an asspull.. Let someone die ffs there are literally no stakes
@WalterBlack59 It'd be dumber if they did kill him off like that. It was already established since like season 1 that the petrification and revival fluid is like a type of miracle drug. So there were 0 reasons for not using it. Besides it's not like there were no consequences at all. Two members of Senku's spy team are now immobilized so they will probably need to devise a new plan.
Oct 19, 2023 10:24 AM
Apr 2020
I feel like this episode could've been a better ending for the first part of this season. The final part of the episode was INSANE!
Oct 19, 2023 10:28 AM
Jul 2019
0451 said:
@WalterBlack59 It'd be dumber if they did kill him off like that. It was already established since like season 1 that the petrification and revival fluid is like a type of miracle drug. So there were 0 reasons for not using it. Besides it's not like there were no consequences at all. Two members of Senku's spy team are now immobilized so they will probably need to devise a new plan.

Kinda dumb that this fluid is a powerful substance curing everything too.. I need to think less with this Anime and just enjoy 😂
Oct 19, 2023 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
WalterBlack59 said:
0451 said:

Kinda dumb that this fluid is a powerful substance curing everything too.. I need to think less with this Anime and just enjoy 😂

Yeah it is kind of a bullshit mcguffin despite what Senku says. But it's something that's been established from the beginning so going against the established rule would be a bigger sin.

Dr. STONE is not "that" type of show. It is a bit disappointing cos I think it could've been amazing if the story took itself more seriously. But as it is it’s still entertaining.
Oct 19, 2023 11:05 AM

Nov 2020
Oh my god, I didn't thought that a Dr;Stone episode would be emotional in that way

Oct 19, 2023 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
Quick and smart thinking from Kohaku chan, attagirl. Emotional and good episode.
Oct 19, 2023 11:35 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
That episode was very emotional towards the end when Ginro got stabbed after finding the truth about the village leader being a statue the whole time. Kohaku giving herself up so that Ginro will be petrified was a smart move. That Medusa weapon looks like an advanced form of science, I wonder how that village was able to obtain it?
Oct 19, 2023 11:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Ginro :( but hopefully he won't die thanks to the Medusa petrification, that was epic!
Oct 19, 2023 11:42 AM
Jun 2022
As a big Ginro fan, damn, this was a very impactful episode. Though after getting this far into Dr. Stone, you kinda already got the vibe that they wouldn't really kill a character like him off, that's just not really something this anime would do, but this still made for a very impactful moment however. It was also slightly teased in the opening for this part, actually.
Oct 19, 2023 11:47 AM

May 2020
Felt the village chief twist was as epic as I'd always hoped back while reading. Now they make fun of Ginro, but he was the man here.

Need to save him at any cost.
Oct 19, 2023 11:56 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to 0451
WalterBlack59 said:
0451 said:

Yeah it is kind of a bullshit mcguffin despite what Senku says. But it's something that's been established from the beginning so going against the established rule would be a bigger sin.

Dr. STONE is not "that" type of show. It is a bit disappointing cos I think it could've been amazing if the story took itself more seriously. But as it is it’s still entertaining.
@0451

I agree. This became an option since Season 2 with Tsukasa.
Oct 19, 2023 12:11 PM
May 2022
Reply to Embient
Once The Kingdom of Science wins I bet "petrification treatment" will be really popular
Gotta wonder how did they make the other parts of the bearings besides the balls.
I keep feeling like the spear guy will become our ally. Ever since the previous season.
The master is Soyuz's petrified relative? Really interesting, all this time I thought that the master just straight up doesn't exist.
Did Kohaku just admit that she likes Senku?
I think this is the most blood we've seen in Dr. Stone so far? And as I thought, he'll be saved with the power of petrification! (probably. please work)
It's the thing in the OP! Looks like something made by aliens.
Really good episode!
Embient said:
I feel like he´s a descendant of Tsukasa´s family. They look really similar.
Oct 19, 2023 12:26 PM

Jun 2023
Really love this episode and the chapter in the manga
Oct 19, 2023 12:34 PM
Feb 2021
so dramatic for no reason. chiiiiiiiiill
Oct 19, 2023 12:34 PM
May 2021
Peak shit, man cmon we r gonna see the power of science!!
Oct 19, 2023 12:36 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to FewDaYS
@FewDaYS 14 volume,121 chapter
Oct 19, 2023 12:42 PM
Jul 2019
0451 said:
WalterBlack59 said:

True it could've been a lot more, but for a shonen it's unique and enjoyable enough to be excited about this show until the end
Oct 19, 2023 12:56 PM

Apr 2015
So finally we get a look at what appears to be a petrification device and it looks really high tech too.
I've always wondered what the petrification device or object looked like or what caused it in the first so I'm glad that we finally got to see it now.
Looks like a bit too advanced, maybe its some kind of lost technology? (As in an ancient artifact or perhaps it was made by a much smarter civilization? I'm even more curious than before now.
5/5 Episode!
Oct 19, 2023 1:08 PM
Nov 2019
This episode was... Idk, I'm crying. Loved it
Oct 19, 2023 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
amazing episode

kohaku best girl her smart thinking will leave hope for the future
Oct 19, 2023 1:32 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Emotional episode. Dr. Stone is just amazing, lets go!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 19, 2023 1:44 PM

Feb 2012
That was amazing.
Taiju and his superhuman stamina. With the expert craftsman Kiseki revived from petrification, his arthritis is cured and is so nimble he speedily gets to produces ball bearings and the drone.
Senku had given Ginro some ethyl acetate hidden in a pineapple which smells alike so no one would suspect the knockout effect from it. Master (implied to be related to Soyuz) is a victim of the petrification and the right side of his face appears decayed. Were the mumblings just Ibara's deranged talk to a corpse or is the master alive? Am I right in thinking Senku ends all this by reviving their master with the fluid?
The fight between Kohaku and Moz was top-notch. Shit was about to get real when she tied her hair back. The strength she speaks of that Moz lacks alludes to Senku.
With Ginro fatally wounded by Ibara, she intentionally makes Kirisame use the petrification beam, trusting Senku and the science kingdom to use the revival fluid to heal Ginro later. Not only that, she gets a clear look at the device, confirming it to be a product of science. Love that quick thinking she had there. Everyone in the Kingdom of Science learns.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 19, 2023 2:14 PM
Jul 2022
I always suspected that the master was not what the guy was saying. But to think he was a petrified statue, and possibly related to Soyuz on top of that. That I was not expecting!!
Oct 19, 2023 2:26 PM
May 2023
I cried
This episode was do good😍
Oct 19, 2023 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
Don't know how long it's been since we had a Dr.Stone episode that hit in the feels like that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 19, 2023 2:36 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Ginro really came through. Love how the ED played at the end. Kohaku v Moz felt a bit better in the manga imo but overall great episode.
Oct 19, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
Kohaku is so pretty and badass, she yields to nobody, I don't particularly care about Ginro's "sacrifice", it was quite obvious he had to be petrified and he got stabbed because of his over reliance on others, not a fan of that character but at least this time he proved to be useful.
Oct 19, 2023 4:30 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man it’s just episode 2 and all this crazy shit is happening lol, but I guess the first half was really the buildup and this is all the intense stuff so it makes sense. And damn, Ginro really got got lol, that was kinda surprising and upsetting to see, I knew they could probably fix him by turning him to stone but still, and even then seeing beloved characters being turned to stone, even if only momentarily, really hurts to see, especially my beloved Kohaku lol. That was a very good moment tho, Kohaku and Ginro really are MVPs for all they’ve done not just in this episode, but this whole arc.

Kohaku’s fight with Moz was also cool, I’m glad she successfully peeved him because the dude was kinda insufferable lol. And we also learned some interesting new info this episode, the first being that the “master” is actually a statue himself and he looks kinda like Soyuz, not sure what’s up with that quite yet but it’s very intriguing. And lastly, we finally saw what’s turning people to stone, and while we don’t know exactly what it is, it definitely looks like a device with little circuits in it kinda like a motherboard, not surprising but it’s still very cool to see the mystery of the entire show firsthand, but what will be truly interesting is learning what it is exactly, definitely looking forward to that whenever that comes.
Oct 19, 2023 4:40 PM
Mar 2019
WOW. What a setback...but looking at what happened, there was really no other choice. Trust in Senkuu. :)
Oct 19, 2023 4:57 PM
Sep 2021
Great episode. Sucks that their stuck petrified all the way at the very top.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2023

83 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2023

92 by KoniginElle »»
May 2, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2023

125 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2023

134 by NwAurion »»
Apr 25, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

96 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.