Forum Settings
Forums

MALoween✟Mansion: Zom 10² [Watashi no Shiawase na Death]

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 6, 2023 9:09 PM
Lupus Oculus

Dec 2018
Like every year, this year I left behind a perfect MALoween where I made a lot of friends and finally managed to collect all the candies in my 4th year. I found myself here again this year, wondering whether I could attend the event due to my busy schedule, and I'm glad I did. Many thanks to everyone who carefully prepared and worked hard for this event, as every year. But...

I'm sorry, but I think this year the event was prepared less creatively than in previous years. Yes, I am aware that it takes a lot of effort and time to build even one room and everyone puts a lot of effort into it, but I think if it could be done in previous years, it could be done this year. I believe that this event, whose number of participants increases every year, should improve on these aspects every year, or at least remain in the same position, but unfortunately there was a slight decrease in this regard this year.

Finally, I will evaluate the rooms according to my own ranking.

1- Mangaka School II: As someone who hasn't read even one manga, I don't know why I ranked this room as my best. Actually, I know because the room was very well prepared and much more enjoyable than last year. Finding the differences in the pictures, researching the poll results on Twitter and of course finding the mangakas were very enjoyable and there were definitely a lot of good improvements compared to the first edition. In this context, I think it was the only room that could achieve this, this year.

2- The Final DeathiNotion: I asked myself why the room that should be in the first place is in the second place, I thought for a while and came to this conclusion. Anime-Prime has managed to set the bar very high this year, as he does every year, and has made a lot of effort for this, this is definitely a fact. That's exactly why I think this room is in second place because this room already reveals its full potential every year and compared to previous years, it doesn't have much to improve on. It will be the 5th edition of this room next year and I think my only suggestion about this room would be to expand the anime pool. The number of characters that can be used has decreased considerably. In addition, as every year, this was a room where the most dialogue took place and we were able to make many friends. I think this room, which I can call the essence of MALoween, was wonderful. For me, MALoween is all about having a good time, solving a few good puzzles and making lots of friends, and this room is exactly that place.

3- Seiyuu School (声優スクール) V: As always, this is a well-prepared room with a lot of effort put into it, but just as I mentioned in The Final DeathiNotion, this room is not open to much improvement and is already pleasant and beautiful enough as it is. I think the only problem is that the Precious section of the room opens last because, especially this year, almost all of the difficult rooms opened towards the end and it was a bit overloaded in this context. I think it would have been better if the first part of the room opened towards the beginning and the second part opened towards the middle of the event. A well-deserved 3rd place.

4- Cursed Chamber: This room is in the 4th place because the riddles, the design and the room itself were nice enough. This room is in the 4th place because Aiimee is really a master at preparing rooms and it seemed to me that she could not show her mastery this year, even last year there were 15 puzzles. I have full confidence in Aiimee and since I know that she will come with a much better room next year, I don't say much, even though this year may seem a little less prepared compared to previous years.

5- Corpse God's Fortune-telling Shop: Making a room out of tarot cards was an absolutely brilliant idea and worked beautifully. I can't see anything bad about the room, I just have a habit of ranking the creative rooms a bit lower compared to the rooms where we solved puzzles, sorry Dancho. But your room is really great, a solid 5.

6- Naru's Nook of Nightmares X: Naruleach's rooms always follow a certain theme, so I don't want to talk too much about design and similar elements. The reason why she is in the 6th place seems to be that she prepared her room a little shorter this year. Other than that, it was very enjoyable and beautiful. However, I have to say that Pastebin is banned in my country and I have experienced minor problems in this matter. In this context, it may be necessary to pay more attention to such issues.

7- Spooky Scary Socials: There's not much to say, it's a very nice room, creative, enjoyable, new player friendly. There is a need for rooms like this every year. I'm just more of a puzzle guy. Thanks to CukieMunster for this beautiful room!

8- Heart of the Cards: I think the room was great in terms of concept, design and operation of the room. Did Firefractal have better prepared rooms? Yes, she did. But still, I think the room was very nice and well thought out. I am currently taking such a course at the university, Introduction to Web 3.0: The World of Blockchain, NFT and Metaverse, and in the 3rd week of this course, a few days before the event, while talking about Cryptography, she was the only thing that came to my mind and I said that I really wanted to attend MALoween this year. I thought I missed everyone so much. The reason why the room is in the 8th place is entirely mathematics, after all, I am a cinema student and I chose that course because I had no other option.

9- Cryptic Farce: I think bonus candy 1 and 2 were really well thought out and well prepared, but they also worked poorly. In fact, I thought it was a bit boring and painful, and I'm sorry that I didn't find the content of the hints given sufficient. I think the story, room and design were good here too, I even really liked the first puzzle and the main candy. The nonograms were nice and the clues placed within the story were good. But as I said, I think those bonuses didn't work really well and in the end, this room took the 9th place. Finally, although the story of the room was nice, I did not find it very connected to the puzzles solved.

10- Toilet of Wishes and Rumors 2: Supernatural Boogaloo: I think the concept, theme, design, everything was very nice. There was also innovation and development, albeit small, compared to the first year. But I think OfDeathandLove's Shop of Wishes and Melodies concept was much more beautiful and fun. I don't like writing rumors very much. So 10th place!

11- 【☠Time to Boo-gie!♫】: The design of the room was really beautiful, so much so that when I first opened the room, I got excited and thought to myself that something beautiful was coming, but unfortunately it did not come. I really wouldn't want to rank this room at number 11 because I think it was really fun to examine how other countries approach anime and listen to the songs, but other than that, I'm not sure if there's anything good I can say. A room shouldn't take less than 10 minutes. I listened to many adaptations, but even if I didn't listen to it, just with my general knowledge, the room was over for me in a very short time and I never looked back at the room, so much so that now, while I am writing this article, I see new things in the room and it is a bit sad. I think the concept was good, the idea was good and it can be continued, but it definitely shouldn't last this short.

12- Songs of Spirit Turmoil: I'm sorry, but I don't have a single good thing to say about this room. It's really sad to show up with this kind of room at an event that is held once a year, where veterans try to participate in one way or another every year, and where many new players participate. There's so much to say, but I don't want to say it. I hope there won't be a room like this in the next editions. The room itself took 2-3 minutes and it shouldn't have lasted that short.

* I didn't include Kabo-chan's Playrooms in this ranking because I think they are already very enjoyable and new player friendly. One should definitely not step back from these rooms and they should be here every year.

Cider House, Halloween Heist, The Flower Festival, Shop of Wishes and Melodies, Luna's Halloween Castle Party, The Monsters Party, Lost in Idol Hell?
I think these rooms from the old editions were very enjoyable and entertaining in every sense. I would definitely be very happy if they came back. (I know Luna and Raven stopped being mods, but still)

See you next year!
Candies I collected this year:
Bonus ones: X21

Nov 6, 2023 10:29 PM

Mar 2016
Thanks for the event! I really enjoyed it! ^^

Nov 7, 2023 5:38 AM
Anime Moderator
Aug 2011
Reply to Terico
Happy Halloween!
Rest and don't forget to drink water!
@Terico I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It was my pleasure and thank you for the candy! ^_^
Nov 7, 2023 9:16 AM

Dec 2015
I found out about this too late, otherwise would've participated more! Thanks for the fun
Nov 8, 2023 7:10 AM

Jan 2021
Nooooo, I can’t believe I missed this! 😭😭

I was looking forward to it all year after participating in last year’s event for the first time, and had been checking back throughout September and early October to see if there had been any updates. I ended up leaving it for the last two weeks after not hearing anything and feeling like I was being unnecessary in checking so much. I genuinely could not have had worse luck with the timing if I tried. 😔
My MALoween✟Mansion Candies:
Nov 8, 2023 10:18 AM

Sep 2022
It was my first time and had a lot of fun! Ya, I skipped important stuffs to play this :')

All in all, looking forward to it again the future!
MALoween'23: | x 13 | Rank: 42
Nov 9, 2023 8:06 AM
𝙿𝙰𝙸𝙽

Feb 2023
This was my first MALoween event and it was very fun! I am excited to see the upcoming badge event as well.

Thank you to the staff and members that put it together and worked so hard for us!
𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗 • u̲m̲a̲i̲ • レαmßεη† レïgh† • ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ꜰɪʀᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ • 𝟙𝟘𝟘𝟘-𝟟 • 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔩
𝙄'𝙇𝙇 𝙆𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙈 𝘼𝙇𝙇 • 𝒯𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒜𝑔𝑒𝓃𝓉 • 𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐔𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐚 • ᵖᵘʳᵖˡᵉ ʰᵒˡˡᵒʷ • ᖇIᑕEᗷᗩᒪᒪ

Nov 11, 2023 4:39 AM

Feb 2011
seeing this ridiculously late smh

Thank you for all the spooky fun~!! My personal favourites were the rooms with games/puzzles that push the challenger to think, but honestly, every room was unique and enjoyable in its own way, so thank you all who kept the event up and running (o_ _)ノ彡☆*:・゚
Nov 11, 2023 5:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Many thanks for all the organizer. Hope the event keeps easy to make life at mal also easy
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 11, 2023 10:51 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to Kineta
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who made it out for MALoween✟Mansion this year! Without the text ribbon, participation dropped a bit but I personally felt like giving out candy was a lot more manageable this year—and I hope you did, too.

Please don't forget to thank our event staff! MALoween would not run or function without Snowical, so be sure to give him lots of cookies. A huge thanks to all of this year's hosts who took the time to create and run their own rooms: Aiimee, anime-prime, CukieMunster, Dancho, firefractal, Gilrin & beeped5, goncix3000, Naruleach, OfDeathandLove, Phloup & stinghy, Timcampy118, and tingy. It's their creativity and effort that keeps the rooms fresh each year. A special thanks this year to Maffy for helping out behind the screams.

Candy counts are given as (resident ☩ bonus) and a final total.
Remember that resident (main room) candy was worth more than bonus.

Candy Hoarders
Here is everyone who successfully nabbed all available main room candy pieces:
  • Bahamut_Zero collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • BocchiTheRock collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • Butterstroke collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • Crazysheeptobman collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • FavCharacterDied collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • Jobby collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • KawaiiTendou collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • MickHeal collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • Sam565 collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • sonniet collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • Tafixados collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • Tlaco collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • YayakoChii collected 1821 (=39) candy pieces!
  • AngelShiva collected 1819 (=37) candy pieces!
  • Synertry collected 1818 (=36) candy pieces!
  • isekun collected 1817 (=35) candy pieces!
  • PokeSvorlds collected 1817 (=35) candy pieces!
  • serfe collected 1816 (=34) candy pieces!
  • Doddy97 collected 1815 (=33) candy pieces!
  • Stargate18 collected 1814 (=32) candy pieces!
  • _exegesis_ collected 1813 (=31) candy pieces!
  • budrking354 collected 1813 (=31) candy pieces!
  • CukieMunster collected 1813 (=31) candy pieces!
  • Thrasher96 collected 1813 (=31) candy pieces!
  • Stuntdrath collected 1810 (=28) candy pieces!
  • EdgarVerdi collected 189 (=27) candy pieces!
  Full Ranking List Here

Annual Statistics

Total Players: 2,152 (↓ 856)
Club Members: 15,677 (↑ 3,023)

Escapees: 999 (↑ 522) collected 5+ main room candies (46%)
Candy Hoarders: 26 (↓ 6) collected all main room candies (1%)
Badge Collectors: 498 (↓ 570) collected only 1 main room candy (23%)
 And 96 poor souls who attempted but got 0 candy :< (4%)

10x Players (0): none
 9x Players (0): none
 8x Players (7): Angelblade20, Bahamut_Zero, FavCharacterDied, Gilraen_, Mellowmancer, pockyrin, Roan
 7x Players (11): applejustice, Bell_cz, Butterstroke, coffeedrops, Daegon17, Jobby, Komae_, lifeiscrazy, Rarity, ScarredSceptile, Tafixados
 6x Players (8): AngelShiva, ayumika4, EdgarVerdi, Eren_neko, grave_robber, Igor_Ushiromiya, Resonance, Yupa_Teto
 5x Players (11): awarii, blackmagemasta, Cinna, Haptism93, Prophecygirl, Rinarin, serfe, sonniet, Spoonmaster12, Swiggy, tam_
 4x Players (27): 1%
 3x Players (121): 6%
 2x Players (528): 25%
 1x Players (1,345): 63%

Full Annual Stats Here!
 If you've changed your username, let me know and I'll update the sheet.

Your badges should appear in the next 1-2 days.
Also, watch for our next badge event schedule (Dec/Jan/Feb?) coming towards the end of November!
@Kineta hi there, I hope you"re doing alright;
The event was really fun and entertaining;
I received the candy badge but didn't receive the mansion badge, so I was wondering is it a time issue or technical issue.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
1 hour ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
9 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.