Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru' Anime Project in Progress

New
Oct 14, 2023 1:30 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Fantasia Bunko Thanksgiving Festival 2023 event announced a new anime project for Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta (I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too) on Saturday. Original illustrator Rein Kuwashima drew an illustration to celebrate the announcement (pictured right).

The first television anime produced by Millepensee aired in 13 episodes in Spring 2023. Crunchyroll streamed the anime with subtitles and later an English dub.

The anime series adapts Miku's isekai fantasy light novel—also known as Iseleve—which they began penning on the Kakuyomu website in March 2017, approximately three years after launching Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei (The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made!). Kadokawa began releasing the series with illustrations by Rein Kuwashima under its Fantasia Bunko imprint in December 2018 and published the 14th volume on June 20. Iseleve has a cumulative 3 million copies of its volumes in print, including digital editions.

Kazuomi Minatogawa (M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane) began drawing a manga adaptation on the Web DenPlay Comic website in December 2019. Kadokawa released the fifth volume on August 25.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and manga in English in September 2021 and released the third volume of each on August 22 and April 18, respectively. The fourth light novel and manga volume is planned for a December 12 release.

Official site: https://www.iseleve.com/
Official X (Twitter): @iseleve_anime
Novel special site: https://fantasiabunko.jp/special/201812cheatmusou/

Source: Press Release

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta (Shin Anime) on MAL
VindstotOct 14, 2023 1:44 AM

Oct 14, 2023 1:34 AM

Jul 2015
I fkin called it. It seems like nowadays the worse the Isekai is, the higher chances there are of it receiving a sequel. They are quite literally failing upwards.
Spirit Chronicles, Gorilla Isekai, Smartphone Isekai and now this. I think Japanese audience is to blame for having no standards.

Oct 14, 2023 1:44 AM
Aug 2022
Didn't expected this one to get another Season but it seems I'm wrong well let's see what happens in this.
Oct 14, 2023 2:01 AM

May 2021
Very excited about these news . It was good and successful so it was expected unlike what the toxic minority of mal believed about the success of the anime !!
YubisoftOct 14, 2023 2:05 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 14, 2023 2:16 AM

Feb 2021
Another generic and boring isekai. Skip for me.
Oct 14, 2023 2:22 AM
Dec 2022
You have got to be kidding me. Why does this generic piece of crap have to get a 2nd season?
Oct 14, 2023 2:36 AM

Dec 2015
i'm happy this is happening! :D i enjoyed the first season and i eagerly await the sequel! :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Oct 14, 2023 2:41 AM

Mar 2008
I would maybe watch it. I liked the first season despite the flaws. A lot of people didnt appreciate it because they kept trying to measure it as a fantasy action series which it was bad at, not by what it really has a vibe of a harem and borderline iyashikei with a lot of school life stuff. As for the CG it actually did a good job at using dark scenes as a way to hide some of the flaws of what CG looks like so that wasnt actually that bad most the time just had some awkward looking scenes.
Oct 14, 2023 2:45 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to Piromysl
I fkin called it. It seems like nowadays the worse the Isekai is, the higher chances there are of it receiving a sequel. They are quite literally failing upwards.
Spirit Chronicles, Gorilla Isekai, Smartphone Isekai and now this. I think Japanese audience is to blame for having no standards.
That means Japan is still based unlike those outsiders who keep whining everytime a generic isekai has a new anime project.
Oct 14, 2023 2:52 AM

May 2020
This truly a world without god smh.
Oct 14, 2023 3:01 AM

Apr 2011
That's good news. I want to see more adventures of the MC with the girls.
Oct 14, 2023 3:11 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Pablo_Neruda1
You have got to be kidding me. Why does this generic piece of crap have to get a 2nd season?
Is it any wonder? It will be a cheap anime that they will make by spending $50 per episode.
Oct 14, 2023 4:06 AM

Mar 2014
I got a question... WHY ???
Oct 14, 2023 4:30 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Piromysl
@Piromysl ur aware even on crunchyroll it was one of the most watched shows?
Oct 14, 2023 4:30 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to RedChrome
I got a question... WHY ???
@RedChrome highest selling ln of 2023 and one of the most watched crunchyroll shows with barely any marketing
Oct 14, 2023 5:23 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to icefirestone23
@icefirestone23 That's very, very sad. That's why it is failing upwards.

Oct 14, 2023 5:33 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Piromysl
@icefirestone23 That's very, very sad. That's why it is failing upwards.
@Piromysl a lot of asian guys struggle to get girls if I had to take a guess. So it is a story to relates to a lot of people. Heck even white american guys struggle to get girls
Oct 14, 2023 5:35 AM

Jan 2021
Who even wanted this? How did this absolute shit clusterfuck of a series even get a second season? Ugh. I usually try to stick around even if I gave the series a 1 but this is one of those cases where I have to say that it is just too much.
Oct 14, 2023 5:37 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to icefirestone23
@Piromysl a lot of asian guys struggle to get girls if I had to take a guess. So it is a story to relates to a lot of people. Heck even white american guys struggle to get girls
@icefirestone23 That's even more sad.

Oct 14, 2023 6:14 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Ionliosite2
Who even wanted this? How did this absolute shit clusterfuck of a series even get a second season? Ugh. I usually try to stick around even if I gave the series a 1 but this is one of those cases where I have to say that it is just too much.
@Ionliosite2 it was the #1 selling light novel series in Japan once the anime aired. The views on Crunchyroll were insane beating even Re Zero. And they didn't put much marketing into it. Of course it isn't DAL levels of financial success for Fantasia Bunko so time will tell if it gets a 3rd season.

It also resonates with a lot of the audience since a good chunk are either overweight, short, bullied, struggled to get girls.
Oct 14, 2023 6:20 AM

Mar 2018
Fingers crossed they keep Shin Itagaki as the director.
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 AM

Jul 2013
The fact that this trash got a second season... Meh, never liked the manga adaptation, didn't bother with the anime nor the LN. But hey more Luna the better I guess.

Oct 14, 2023 7:11 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i had a STRONG FEELING this would happen, since this is probably the BEST attempt at MIXING UP these copy paste short black haired OP MC, medieval fantasy world isekai

and i think its the ONLY ONE i hadn't dropped this year lol
Oct 14, 2023 7:12 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i had a STRONG FEELING this would happen, since this is probably the BEST attempt at MIXING UP these copy paste short black haired OP MC, medieval fantasy world isekai

and i think its the ONLY ONE i hadn't dropped this year lol not to mention the pure eye candy
Oct 14, 2023 8:16 AM

Feb 2021
Another isekai gets anime. Nothing new.
Oct 14, 2023 8:47 AM
Oct 2014
Reply to icefirestone23
@icefirestone23 That's genuinely shocking given how utterly predictable the story beats are down to calling out lines before they're even said. I enjoyed the show personally, but I'd much prefer more of a show like My Isekai Life which at least had likable side-characters and not these Ken doll clones.
Oct 14, 2023 9:33 AM

Jan 2020
Reply to icefirestone23
@icefirestone23 Nowadays it feels it’s easier for women to get other women than men, despite there being fewer lesbians. The struggle for men finding quality women (aka not easy women) is real.
Oct 14, 2023 11:18 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to Animillion
@icefirestone23 Nowadays it feels it’s easier for women to get other women than men, despite there being fewer lesbians. The struggle for men finding quality women (aka not easy women) is real.
@Animillion yikes i can see why you are single
Oct 14, 2023 11:23 AM

Aug 2021
was expecting this i have no hate I'm an isekai fan
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2023 11:31 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Animillion
@Animillion in the west you have to be some 6 foot white guy with a good career to have a chance in most places.
Oct 14, 2023 12:28 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Andr0o
@icefirestone23 That's genuinely shocking given how utterly predictable the story beats are down to calling out lines before they're even said. I enjoyed the show personally, but I'd much prefer more of a show like My Isekai Life which at least had likable side-characters and not these Ken doll clones.
@Andr0o yeah no one expected it to be a success. Fantasia Bunko banked a ton on Spy Classroom but that kind of flopped, especially in the bd department.
Oct 14, 2023 1:40 PM

Oct 2017
Watching people getting salty is funny. Just fund animes you want sequels for yourself if it bothers you guys this much.
Oct 14, 2023 2:54 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Animillion
@Animillion women are more attracted to other women and dogs than most men. Which is why I enjoy Gundam anime since you don't think about the women in gundam of the mechs. Until the yuri fandom hijacked the mecha fandom after WFM
Oct 14, 2023 6:14 PM
Aug 2014
give me more of this than those garbage ass yuri series that we have each season now
Oct 14, 2023 8:03 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to TheSekiryuutei
give me more of this than those garbage ass yuri series that we have each season now
@TheSekiryuutei So you'd take one type of garbage over the other?
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 14, 2023 11:11 PM

Jan 2020
missslauraa said:

Actually, I have another more serious reason for being single, so I’d rather you not come after me for no reason. I’m just saying that from what I’ve seen, guys have to try sooo much harder to find a partner than a girl does. Whether it be at university, work, or in friend group, it’s been a common factor.
Oct 14, 2023 11:18 PM

Jan 2020
Tropisch said:
@TheSekiryuutei So you'd take one type of garbage over the other?

From their perspective, there appears to be different levels of trash. One is junk food, aka this isekai, while it seems the yuri series are bound for the landfill.
Oct 15, 2023 12:50 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to Animillion
missslauraa said:

Actually, I have another more serious reason for being single, so I’d rather you not come after me for no reason. I’m just saying that from what I’ve seen, guys have to try sooo much harder to find a partner than a girl does. Whether it be at university, work, or in friend group, it’s been a common factor.
@Animillion you defined quality women as "not easy women". you reek. stay single (:
Oct 15, 2023 3:16 AM

Oct 2015
Reply to Piromysl
@Piromysl

Gorilla Isekai and Cheat Skill In Another World have the same author~

I heard from other LN readers that Cheat Skill In Another World goes in a different direction after Volume 9 but I have not read it yet. It sold 1m copies in 2023

I knew a few LN readers who are caught up with Smartphone Isekai. The protagonist married 9 girls, making him the isekai protagonist with the second largest harem. Japan is releasing Volume 29 next week by the way.

Seirei Gensouki is the most complicated one because it is one of the numerous LNs that get a trashy adaptation. Well, Reign Of The Seven Spellblades from Summer 2023 is one of the victims of poor adaptation.
Seirei Gensouki LN and anime are 2 completely different fiction. The anime is OP isekai protagonist with huge harem while the LN is very tragic.
As of Seirei Gensouki LN Vol 23,

Among isekai LNs, I will tier Seirei Gensouki above Mushoku Tensei but below Sasaki And Peeps. I heard that Ascendence Of Bookworm is the greatest isekai but I have not read it yet.
Oct 15, 2023 3:23 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Piromysl
@Piromysl u can read the comments on this post too, is not only the japanese... now days, many people love these pieces of crap! lmao
and I mean it, they literally LOVE THIS SHIT...
some crap guy or ugly get handsome or overpower or both, and get sorrounded by girls loving him for whatever reasons.. this remember me something.. like the shit LOLICON MC from mushohuku, and people love him alot too lmao
so yep, people love these craps and shit MC lmao
maybe they love this, because they can relate with the MC in some ways..
BUT WELLLLL... this is just my opnion, what u think? lmao
Yumi_SakigamiOct 15, 2023 3:27 AM
Oct 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Jul 2015
Yumi_Sakigami said:
@Piromysl u can read the comments on this post too, is not only the japanese... now days, many people love these pieces of crap! lmao
and I mean it, they literally LOVE THIS SHIT...
some crap guy or ugly get handsome or overpower or both, and get sorrounded by girls loving him for whatever reasons.. this remember me something.. like the shit LOLICON MC from mushohuku, and people love him alot too lmao
so yep, people love these craps and shit MC lmao
maybe they love this, because they can relate with the MC in some ways..
BUT WELLLLL... this is just my opnion, what u think? lmao

What the actual fcuk did I just read

Oct 15, 2023 7:25 AM
Apr 2013
Not sure if strange phrasing or otherwise but.

My two cents, you know an anime is bad when I finished the first season but I'm not going to watch whatever daheck this is.

I mean I didnt drop the first season, but if you gave me a choice to unwatch all of it I would
Oct 24, 2023 4:00 AM

Nov 2016
er mah gut, how this got a 2nd season is unpossible. like seriously it looked like they dug their own grave during the ending when they just powerpointed what the next arcs were
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 11, 2:39 AM
Jan 2024
Guys plssss you need to work out a new session 2 & 3 I've been trying to figure out for this long time .

More topics from this board

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

1 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by MichaelJackson »»
3 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Today

2 by notPara »»
Today, 8:28 AM

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
Today, 1:03 AM

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.