Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2023 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
I thought that mangaka Rasuko Ookuma's 4-koma Manga Time Kirara series is very similar to Winter 2020's Koisuru Asteroid, though it adds the aspect of the rather Yuri-esque nature between the MCs.

Miku Itou and SoundOrion's OST is just about what I expected from a show like this.

The story about a literate Bocchi social anxiety type girl who can only communicate with the stars, 15-year-old Umika Konohashi is one, and wishing for an alien, a girl literally came down from space onto Earth, not knowing how she got here.

The usual entrance ceremony for new students, Umika has always been fascinated with all things outer space, and wanting an alien to talk to, she's the social butterfly Yu Akeuchi. But Umika got her hopes up, and thinking that Akeuchi would not open up to her, she did anyways, and got a forehead-pathy telepathy reading that proves that she's an alien through and through that Umika wants to be her friend so badly.

The entrance ceremony, also has a class-only scavenger hunt, something which Umika hates as a loner, which Akeuchi ceremoniously picked two of the same number and reeled her in. Umika, still wanting to introduce herself to her, she gets nervous but gets the job done on the roof, and Akeuchi praised her for her courage. And the demand meets supply since Akeuchi has to return to outer space, and Umika wants to go there, it's a bargain.

Umika is thinking too much into why Akeuchi is on Earth for and stalks her for any secret that she can thrive out of. But rather than finding the lost, she ended being the lost that Akeuchi has to locate her using her antennas, and her temporary place being an abandoned lighthouse, she doesn't really remember anything afterwards. Thereby, Umika communicated with her forehead to Akeuchi to tell her she's fine and all.

A Yuri relationship where a kiss is touching each other's foreheads? That's kinda sweet.
KANLen09Oct 16, 2023 6:13 AM
Oct 9, 2023 5:30 AM

Feb 2020
What at nice yuri season.

This feels like Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure and Koisuru Asteroid.

Pretty cute and wholesome start. I love Umika's reactions and her interactions with Akeuchi.

Hoping for a great and fluffy show. :3

SerafosOct 9, 2023 12:01 PM
Oct 9, 2023 6:00 AM

Jan 2018
Really cute and wholesome premise. This is gonna be fun watch. Kino stuff.
ARK-13Oct 9, 2023 8:09 AM
Oct 9, 2023 6:08 AM
Apr 2017
Cute is justice

Kawaii wa seigi
Oct 9, 2023 6:11 AM
Jun 2020
We are blessed with another great shoujo ai this season. This one is in particular caught my attention. Umiko and Akeuchi are so cute!
Oct 9, 2023 6:14 AM
Aug 2021
i dont know what i was expecting when i saw the trailer . But the characters are a bit too much for me that its honestly painful to watch them, it just doesnt suit my taste thats it.
Oct 9, 2023 6:35 AM
Jul 2023
Simply lovely to see.
Oct 9, 2023 6:54 AM
Mar 2021
TheLibrarian400 said:
We are blessed with another great shoujo ai this season. This one is in particular caught my attention. Umiko and Akeuchi are so cute!

isn't this seinen?
Oct 9, 2023 6:54 AM

Apr 2010
Main character is shy to an extreme hopefully she will get a bit more open to others over the course of this anime.
The other character is all over the place but that was expected her personality is really lively.
Hopefully the others in the class will open up to them.
AversaOct 9, 2023 6:58 AM
Oct 9, 2023 6:57 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to MrHunterxHunter
TheLibrarian400 said:

isn't this seinen?
@MrHunterxHunter Seinen is a demographic shoujo ai is a genre, one is about age and gender the other just tells you what it is
Oct 9, 2023 7:03 AM
Oct 2021
As someone who loves the manga, I’m so glad to see my favourite scenes be animated, and so beautifully at that!
Oct 9, 2023 7:12 AM
Feb 2022
Peak forehead, we won
Oct 9, 2023 7:16 AM

Mar 2021
This was such a sweet and cute episode Umika and Akeuchi are so cute together
Oct 9, 2023 7:34 AM

Nov 2010
The weird color of hair, weird lines of the protagonist at the beginning, and there came the credits: "serialized on Manga Time Kirara". oh, I see.
Oct 9, 2023 8:37 AM

Mar 2020
Atsunome said:
As someone who loves the manga, I’m so glad to see my favourite scenes be animated, and so beautifully at that!

This. I was hyped to see that this was airing fall 2023, although I'm behind in the manga. Can't wait for the other girls to appear! :]

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Oct 9, 2023 8:54 AM
Aug 2022
This show has otherworldly amounts of wholesomeness I love it. It reminds me a bit of asteroid in love.

Umika might be the most pure and wholesome mc I’ve ever seen
Oct 9, 2023 9:07 AM

Jul 2021
Meh found it boring, they pushing the timid girl thing too much,
Pass
Oct 9, 2023 9:27 AM

Mar 2020
An adorable start! The premise is quite fun, though I do wonder how much emphasis there will be on aliens going forward, or if this will just be a conventional CGDCT. Not that being a CGDCT is a problem at all, I quite like the genre. If it does something interesting with its premise, cool, if it doesn't, I'll at least still have fun with this comfy show. The art was really solid, production overall was better than I expected, so that's a plus.
Oct 9, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2022
My Lord, what a way to start a season. Unlike the previous 2 yuri anime we have this season (I'm talking about "The Vexation of a Shut-In Vampire Princess" and "I'm in Love with the Villainess"), this one did not disappoint. There's no competition when you compare those 3 especially if you take into account the godlike OP and ED. Can't wait for another episode
Oct 9, 2023 9:44 AM

Jan 2023
Wow, it was so incredibly cute and sweet!

I love how close they got already and how unique their relationship is.
The show seems to be a fine mix between comedy, cgdct and mystery: constantly making us wonder if Akeuchi is really an alien or not, all the while making us smile at its sheer adorableness and giving us some chuckles.

I got some Hitori Bocchi vibes from Umika and some slight Erio Touwa ('Ground control to pyschoelectric girl') vibes from Akeuchi :)

A very strong start for what seems to be a pretty unique show :)
MeguSae38Oct 9, 2023 9:50 AM
Oct 9, 2023 9:46 AM

Oct 2017
Loner girl and hyper girl but she's also an alien lol. Seemed fun enough, alien girl is quite amusing. Like the character designs, they are really cute. Liked the OP song, ED was nice too.
Oct 9, 2023 9:48 AM

Feb 2019
So much good Yuri this season we’re feasting. Such a cute and hilarious premiere. We have the cutest MC of the season wrapped up already. Umika is absolutely adorable and makes this the sweetest watch of the season too.

Entire episode feels like a nonstop sugar rush. Just pure and unadulterated wholesome entertainment. I love the telepathy gimmick that Yuu uses. It’s such an intimate and intense way of communicating and removing all barriers between Umika and Yuu

The art is beyond beautiful, the designs are stellar(pun intended) and there’s just an overwhelming feeling of joy that I got from these first 23 minutes. I love getting 4koma adaptations. There’s just a certain level of energy and dynamism they bring and this didn’t let me down at all.

The theme of both girls being aliens and not truly fitting in on earth also makes things really interesting. Of course, you can view that as an analogy for loners and outsiders in general who just don’t feel like they belong as well.

Reminds me of a mix between koisuru asteroid and Teppen. I’m looking forward to seeing this one play out. It will definitely be comfy watch of the season.
Marinate1016Oct 9, 2023 10:10 AM
Oct 9, 2023 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
TheEventHoriz0n said:
My Lord, what a way to start a season. Unlike the previous 2 yuri anime we have this season (I'm talking about "The Vexation of a Shut-In Vampire Princess" and "I'm in Love with the Villainess"), this one did not disappoint. There's no competition when you compare those 3 especially if you take into account the godlike OP and ED. Can't wait for another episode

How could wataoshi and hikikomari disappoint they’re both great lol. We have 3 phenomenal Yuri shows this season
Oct 9, 2023 10:12 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I am so happy with how this first episode turned out. It seemed to really grasp the spirit of the manga. For anyone curious, this covered the first 3 chapters.

The art was so pretty and matched up nicely with the few colour panels we got from the manga. Very excited to see the rest of the cast introduced. Cheering hard for all of the yuri shows this season, so we hopefully can keep getting more and more yuri adaptations in the future.
KingYoshiOct 9, 2023 10:31 AM
Oct 9, 2023 10:19 AM
Oct 2017
Very cute. Excited for next episode.
Oct 9, 2023 11:03 AM

Jan 2023
Maybe I’m just a sucker for these really cute and comfy anime with adorable characters, I don’t know anymore.

I’m digging the visuals, it looks really good and the characters designs are pure bliss to the two eyeballs that I happen to possess. The colors are very vibrant which I also quite like, but I’m also a fan of pink and purple so it’s probably that haha. Such fun and sweet interactions between Umika and Akeuchi, these two are cinnamon rolls, as in so terribly pure, and should be protected from all evil this world has to offer.

Also I have no clue if it’s just me but I feel that this has a bit of a deeper message, something along the lines of overcoming alienation, isolation, and the meaning of friends. Am I off? Probably am, it is the first episode after all but that’s just my speculation. Regardless, I’m happy to get more comfy anime after last season since finishing Dekiru Neko and Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi left a mini hole in me. :,)

With that being said, great premiere episode, let’s see how Umika overcomes her boundries and pushes towards her dream!
Oct 9, 2023 11:20 AM
Dec 2022
Cute and beautiful show. I'm looking forward to more episodes. Beautiful animation tbh.
Oct 9, 2023 11:23 AM

Apr 2023
Absolute yuri diabetes. Inject this Kirara moe right into my veins for the next 10 years please.

Animation is outstanding, even for Studio Gokumi, which I mostly know from Kiniro Mosaic and Tonari no Kyuuketsuki san.
They definitely stepped up for this anime. I love their character designs, especially Umika's hair, which is absolute heaven, that blue and purple is just an awesome combination.
Oct 9, 2023 11:54 AM

Oct 2020
Incredible first episode, genuinely one of my favorites of this season, absolutely loved how cute this was. And the OP and the ED are also absolute bangers. This was a perfect first episode for me.
Oct 9, 2023 1:00 PM
Jun 2020
Waaaaa this cute as shitttt
Oct 9, 2023 1:31 PM
Lily Flower

Dec 2020
This show is so cute ahhhhhhhhh. But with some slightly serious undertones about loneliness and anxiety and trying to overcome it.

Umika's hair is amazing too, I love it.

Oct 9, 2023 2:17 PM
May 2022
very cute episode. sadly the music isn't nice for me, but hey skip and ready :)
Oct 9, 2023 2:30 PM
Feb 2018
That was soooo cute :3
Can't wait for the next eps.
Oct 9, 2023 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Finally a good cgdct series.
Great starting episode.
Fukagawa Seria is phenomenal as Yuu.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 9, 2023 3:20 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusto muchisimo este primer capitulo

Oct 9, 2023 4:01 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder if she's actually an alien or just chuunibyou.
Oct 9, 2023 4:07 PM

Aug 2017
Every Season has its "Hidden Gem" (like Spring Season had "Insomniacs After School", which also aired Mondays) and "Hoshikuzu" is definitely the Gem Of Fall Season.

The Music is great, the colours are impressive and the relationship between Umika and Akeuchi is worth pure gold.

Umaki alone talking to her fantasy aliens, who say "Hello" to here is the most kawaii thing I've seen in a long time✨🌃🌌

This feels indeed like it will be a very special show.

Can't wait to see how the journey will go.
Oct 9, 2023 4:31 PM
Aug 2018
I found the story very weak and I probably won't be able to get to the end of it, but one thing I can't deny is the animation is impeccable.
Oct 9, 2023 5:16 PM

Apr 2016
Real anime is back!

Been awhile since we've had a peak CGDCT. Getting Koisuru Asteroid vibes from this and I love that anime so I'll probably really enjoy this.
Oct 9, 2023 5:51 PM
Sep 2014
I'm glad I'm not the only person who already finds this anime super adorable!
Oct 9, 2023 7:16 PM

Dec 2013
So colorful and sweet, its been a while since the last anime season that I've been blessed by so many shows that are like a 10/10 from the first episode.
Oct 9, 2023 7:17 PM
May 2017
Beautiful. Cute. Delicate. Gentle. Warmful. Very, very good first episode!

Umika succeeds being more timid than Teru Shy... both girls are cute and lovely!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 9, 2023 7:24 PM

Dec 2018
Strange show but seems cute and fun; I guess the foreheadpathy is how they're going to share since she can't speak outright. I hope she overcomes her shyness eventually because I think it's a bit extreme. I think we've all felt lately like we'd rather talk to aliens than regular people at some point so I get it. I'm an adventurous and curious sort anyways so yeah take me to outer space, at least it'd be quieter than here but than just let me bring along my anime blurays at least.
I don't see how it's girls love at all, i thought it was a wholesome friendship but i guess we'll see how it develops. I'd prefer it not to be romantic though, it would ruin it for me.
Oct 9, 2023 7:46 PM

Jul 2014
They're supposed to be 15 years old. They're voiced like they're 5. Japanese voice acting just keeps getting worse, and it was never very good to begin with.
Oct 9, 2023 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
c u t e lots of forehead kissing it might as well be yuri bait , i think this might be like the only CGDCT this season? will fully judge it once all the characters are mixing off our bocchi main character
Oct 9, 2023 8:35 PM

Sep 2021
A really cute start. So far it's a show to work with atmosphere rather than plot, but that's ok and it does this well.

But due to this nature, there's not much to say yet. I hope it won't be too much of the ">< Eyes" and the squeaky voices, cause that's overkill.
Oct 9, 2023 9:09 PM
Nov 2022
I am getting very bored with this anime.

so Routine

pass.
Oct 9, 2023 9:13 PM

Apr 2018
Manga Time Kirara anime for the win, I feel at home watching a Kirara series because its my favorite manga magazine ever bunch god tier level, anime from Hidamari Sketch, K-ON, Madoka Magica, A-Channel, Kin'iro Mosaic, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka, Yuru Camp, Bocchi The Rock, RPG Fudousan, Slow Start, Stella no Mahou, Slow Loop, etc.

My favorite of all of them is Gochiusa from Manga Time Kirara MAX.

KiraraFanOct 9, 2023 9:18 PM
Oct 9, 2023 10:59 PM
Sep 2023
Super charming, great designs, premise isn't as weird as it sounds at a glance once you actually get into it.
Oct 9, 2023 11:22 PM

Dec 2018
Finally! Japan you did it! Yuri should only have females in it. I'm so glad this anime gets it

The first episode was very cute. And the little lesbians were all over each other,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Also, the animation was much better than I thought it was going to be

But. I get the feeling this is going to be slowburned. And if this is just going to go around for 12 episodes without lesbian kissing I probably going to be pissed off in the end

Yuri-CrusaderOct 9, 2023 11:28 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2023

44 by Gippy »»
May 7, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

47 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 24, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cuhoangdk - Oct 16, 2023

50 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 24, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 6 Discussion

LS_11 - Nov 13, 2023

31 by iMrJoel »»
Feb 29, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 8 Discussion

LS_11 - Nov 27, 2023

33 by bassyey »»
Feb 9, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.