Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2023 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
That animation qualty looks rather medicore. Thought it looked better in the promotional material.

This show has a lot of video game themes whether it's at arcade, online, or game competitions in general. The main guy Shun seems like an average dude working in the everyday life style. From even the first episode, there's gaming competition with E-sports like format. That game they were playing gave me Counter Strike vibes.

A somwhat unique premise imo although I'm not too impressed by the storytelling just yet.
Oct 7, 2023 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
If you have watched China's famous anime of Quanzhi Gaoshou a.k.a The King's Avatar from Spring 2017, this show is literally no different.

eSports have gained notoriety in the past few years, and director Yasutaka Yamamoto being a 3-fer in both director, series composer and sound director, heads this show wich shows the rise of eSports, especially the online Counter Strike/Valorant-ish game Xaxxerion. And in the Fox One internet cafe, sits Shun Tokinoya working there as a part-time worker working with Nozomi Inatsuki, being fellow eSports players, there's the fun element of that brings him back to the game, almost forcing his hand on the past that haunts him. Also, roasting graphics cards in the oven, hell nah.

Shun, living together with his mother and disabled sister Mio, his future is bleak, but for friends like Akito Sendo, he wants to be a pro eSports player. But the professional Fox One team in tatters, the eSports shop will also be gone thanks to Mio's dad's heinous team management. For that reason, asking both Akito and Shun (whom he recently quit to focus on his studies) for help, the former guns all that he has and forces the latter to play one death match game just to prove his point. And sure enough, Explosion-kun, an old friend of theirs pops up out of nowhere, and like a spark etched into him, Shun reignites his passion for eSports, thanks to this Yu Saegusa, who's also in her modelling role.

The in-game experience...wow that looks ugly and stuttery. Not having any hopes for a Japanese-made imitation of China's juggernaut series.
KANLen09Oct 14, 2023 8:44 AM
Oct 7, 2023 11:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hmm well esports anime are very rare so it's definitely pretty refreshing in that sense. Animation quality is a bit lackluster though, I get that it'd be unrealistic to expect modern day FPS graphics in an anime but it still feels a bit jarring. Quanzhi Gaoshou made it look more seemless by just making the in-game visuals anime style as well

Bit mixed feelings on it for now, doesn't seem like the most groundbreaking story premise either but I'll stick with it at least
Oct 7, 2023 12:11 PM
Apr 2017
games look like 💩
Oct 7, 2023 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
Maybe we shouldn't expect too much from the studio that gave us the "dog anime"

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2023 1:34 PM

Oct 2012
The 3D part is bad but one can get use to it. Other than that, it seems interesting enough for me to watch.

Also, stellar cast there, Kenshou Ono, Inase Minori, Amamiya Sora, Kimura Ryouhei with more known names coming, including Matsuoka Yoshitsugu, Hondou Kaede or Sugita Tomokazu. Even if this show is rough on the edges they can certainly elevate it to the new level.

And I can already see love triangle (although childhood friend never wins, right?)
Oct 7, 2023 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
Now I understand why there weren't any shots of the actual game on the promo videos
Oct 7, 2023 3:00 PM
Feb 2022
it’s like that one south park episode about world of warcraft except that episode was actually good
Oct 7, 2023 3:35 PM
Oct 2021
Poor guy. Being used by his friends and an incompetent businessman. The game itself is painful to watch. Uses mnk but movement is like playing with a busted controller.
Oct 7, 2023 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
  • The story is not what I imagined from the title. The story to try to be an e-sports player has more reality than to be a youtuber, but... ok. people have freedom to choose occupation... and dream.
  • It never occurred to me that there were people who try to re-reflow printed circuit boards by themselves.

kuroneko99Oct 7, 2023 8:15 PM
Oct 7, 2023 6:39 PM
Mar 2021
anime lawak sakit mata ku, tolong kembalikan 1 menit ku fak
Oct 7, 2023 6:40 PM

Apr 2011
I was actually pretty excited for this anime due to the pv.

But man 30 seconds in all that excitement vanished.
Oct 7, 2023 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
I wonder what year it is, they have smartphone and all that but the game looks like it comes straight from 2001
Oct 7, 2023 8:41 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to JustMonaka
I wonder what year it is, they have smartphone and all that but the game looks like it comes straight from 2001
@JustMonaka Yeah the game graphic looks really bad. even worse than CS1.6 lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 7, 2023 9:06 PM
Aug 2015
they really be makin it dramatic for no reason
Oct 7, 2023 9:21 PM
Jun 2023
i were expect some good shit sad vibe , and this mf just slap me right in the face with the fps game and HOLY BLYAT cg
Oct 7, 2023 10:48 PM

Oct 2022
This is depressing to watch, knowing how hellish an esport business is... no money for tier 2-3 tournaments, finding sponsors or orgs and worst of all teams disband alot

Oct 7, 2023 11:39 PM
Jul 2014
The game scenes reminded me when I played the OG Dark Forces. In the 90's. And that was an MS-DOS game from the 90's.

If you like gaming I think you can appreciate it despite clearly being a mid show with minimal appeal to others. It's OK but mad cheap looking, but I guess they don't have the budget to do something more amobitious.
Oct 8, 2023 12:48 AM

Apr 2015
Valorant I guess? Was sad to watch to say the least

Looks like a Yuu v Nozomi angle, from experience the Yuu character wins 8 times out of 10
Oct 8, 2023 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
Some things better never to be seen. Or to be shown. I will stick with King's Avatar.
Oct 8, 2023 3:41 AM
Sep 2022
Honestly the game part of the anime is really bad. It feels really too slow, and the animations are also not so good. Guess I'll still stay for 2 or 3 more episodes, see if it can get better, but clearly I'm not convinced.
Oct 8, 2023 6:54 AM

Aug 2015
Ruka? is that you?

Oct 8, 2023 8:05 AM
Oct 2019
Now i understand why they didn't show us any of the gaming footage in the trailer. LMAO
Oct 8, 2023 9:10 AM

Jul 2021
Thought I was watching a valorant gameplay for a sec LOL. Dropped 1st EP, was fooled by what I thought could've been a potential.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 8, 2023 9:21 AM
Aug 2023
the first scene of this anime start with a game and the quality is just l can't standard it.
Oct 8, 2023 10:01 AM

Apr 2008
I was so ready to give them kudos for intentionally making the game old looking when they time skipped, but then they were still playing it. That is way too awful looking for the amount of screen time. Also, seriously, pops? You're asking loudmouth before your own daughter who just carried his ass? No wonder your wife left you.
Oct 8, 2023 10:10 AM
May 2022
When you ignore the terrible gaming graphic, the anime is ok and has good graphic. I thought my tv is broken when I saw the gaming graphic...
Oct 8, 2023 10:24 AM
May 2023
so we have a rip off of valorant/csgo and some dude cooking his graphics card
Oct 8, 2023 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to GizzyWizzy
Poor guy. Being used by his friends and an incompetent businessman. The game itself is painful to watch. Uses mnk but movement is like playing with a busted controller.
@GizzyWizzy In reality, there are a lot of crazy businessmen out there who don't do business with reason and logic. They ignore advice and go bankrupt, and some of them succeed.
Oct 8, 2023 1:52 PM
Jul 2023
Honestly it's like between a 5 and 6 overall so far, but the graphics for the game are pretty funny and the premise is decent so ill give it 2 more episodes before I decide to drop it or not. We don't get too many anime like this, so I'm trying to give it a fair shot. Also it definitely helps to watch this with a gamer friend so you can laugh together. It's much more enjoyable.
A Wild NickAhChu
Oct 8, 2023 1:53 PM
Jul 2023
HaXXspetten said:
Hmm well esports anime are very rare so it's definitely pretty refreshing in that sense. Animation quality is a bit lackluster though, I get that it'd be unrealistic to expect modern day FPS graphics in an anime but it still feels a bit jarring. Quanzhi Gaoshou made it look more seemless by just making the in-game visuals anime style as well

Bit mixed feelings on it for now, doesn't seem like the most groundbreaking story premise either but I'll stick with it at least

Agreed esports or gaming anime isn't super common, so I'm giving it 2 more episodes to cook before I decide to drop it or not lol.
A Wild NickAhChu
Oct 8, 2023 4:27 PM
Jun 2015
Mich666 said:
The 3D part is bad but one can get use to it. Other than that, it seems interesting enough for me to watch.

Also, stellar cast there, Kenshou Ono, Inase Minori, Amamiya Sora, Kimura Ryouhei with more known names coming, including Matsuoka Yoshitsugu, Hondou Kaede or Sugita Tomokazu. Even if this show is rough on the edges they can certainly elevate it to the new level.

And I can already see love triangle (although childhood friend never wins, right?)

The Hondo in Hondo Kaede doesn’t have a u btw (kanji: 本渡楓/ほんどかえで)
Oct 8, 2023 5:21 PM
Jan 2020
Studio made the shittiest valorant
Oct 8, 2023 6:26 PM
Apr 2022
A former game addict was forced to play the shitty game by others, but he's still good at it because he was playing the game all the time in his head, yay
Oct 8, 2023 7:03 PM

May 2023
Interesting.
I was anxious to know why Shun stopped playing.
I wonder if it's because of his sister...

I theorize that she got hurt while he was playing :/
Oct 8, 2023 9:55 PM
Feb 2023
Cheap copy of King Avatar
Oct 9, 2023 3:34 AM

Feb 2010
A least they made the game look like an actual video game and not another Dive-In VR bs.
Oct 9, 2023 5:15 AM

Aug 2022
Yo what's this? I'm just curious for this one, and I don't know what next. Besides, the 'game' is cool.
Oct 9, 2023 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
I don't really like the gaming graphic, but the anime itself is quite interesting. I'll binge-watch it later.
Oct 9, 2023 3:02 PM

Jan 2020
That game looks horrendous. Valorant wannabe.

Kinda funny to see an anime revolving around a game and an esports team. I work at a gaming cafe, and this is funny tbh. ALSO HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU PUT A FUCKING GPU IN THE OVEN???? I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SOMEONE DO THAT.
Oct 9, 2023 4:05 PM

Aug 2010
It's not as bad as I thought it would be, so it's a pleasant surprise to me. Nothing special, but an okay introduction - I think they did pretty well in introducing the main cast.
Oct 10, 2023 7:58 PM
Jan 2022
Luigi11Ism said:

Kinda funny to see an anime revolving around a game and an esports team. I work at a gaming cafe, and this is funny tbh. ALSO HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU PUT A FUCKING GPU IN THE OVEN???? I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SOMEONE DO THAT.

nah that's a thing, and the reason was even valid. solder can crack or separate over time and the GPU die will lose connection with the solder pads on the card. low temp baking can reflow (melt) the solder and reconnect it. though as noted, if it happens once, it's liable to recur and you should prepare for permanent death
Oct 10, 2023 8:24 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to tarfeef101
Luigi11Ism said:

nah that's a thing, and the reason was even valid. solder can crack or separate over time and the GPU die will lose connection with the solder pads on the card. low temp baking can reflow (melt) the solder and reconnect it. though as noted, if it happens once, it's liable to recur and you should prepare for permanent death
@tarfeef101 I mean, if that happened in the gaming cafe i work in, you bet i won't do that at all, what you said is a temporary fix, you wouldn't want a customer to play on a broken PC.
Oct 10, 2023 8:27 PM
Jan 2022
Luigi11Ism said:
@tarfeef101 I mean, if that happened in the gaming cafe i work in, you bet i won't do that at all, what you said is a temporary fix, you wouldn't want a customer to play on a broken PC.

it typically would last an order of months, at least enough to keep a machine generating revenue while you get a replacement if you're not big enough to maintain a parts inventory

but yes it's a bit of a jenky fix for a professional setting
Oct 11, 2023 8:39 AM

Oct 2008
i liked the premise of this show! and its also Original! nice!
plus we have here some top calibre composers like Sawano and Team MONACA! damn!
5/5.

Oct 12, 2023 1:12 AM
Feb 2021
Pretty decent episode about gaming cafe I guess...

I don't have much to add on this yet, other that the fact the MC will soon hopefully meet the person "Explosion-kun" IRL while overcoming his past that's holding him back.

Oct 13, 2023 2:46 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty old school - the gaming in a cafe and some simple shooter game lol. :D From the description I thought it would feel a bit more futuristic trying to depict gaming in 10-20 years. Not gaming 10-20 years ago. :D

Story seems okay-ish. I bet the background story with the sister will be something pretty weak/boring - where it is written badly and main suddenly blames himself word weird reasons.
Oct 13, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2009
They should have use some real world game like Apex or whatever because that fictional game looks boring as fuck.
Oct 15, 2023 7:27 AM
Mar 2010
Bruh why does the game look like a bootlegged mobile game scam 😂😂😂 The 2D designs are cute and the animation is okay, this would have been so much better if they simply got better 3D models...
Oct 15, 2023 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
Not bad at all. I was hoping for some grand and epic tale, it's actually just video games... with a huge plot twist at the start...

This vibe we are getting are definitely the old, deprecated? Counter Strike we played years ago...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is second season likely ?

M_Shoaib_Ali - Mar 25

4 by SweatyFingers »»
Mar 25, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

21 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 25, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2023

32 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 25, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2023

29 by APThunder »»
Mar 3, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

36 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.