Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, everyone fought so far to reach Emi. It was rough but also rewarding as Maou managed to see Emi again.

It was also an emotional episode seeing what happened to Emi's father. Seeing Ramus reunite with Maou as a wholesome moment though. And tbh, I think this episode really showed a strong bond between everyone. Tears were shed.
Sep 21, 2023 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
An intense battle indeed.

To protect humans and demons, Ashiya's group of demons and the heroes all prepare for the battle in Ente Isla. Suzuno and Albert attempted to make contact with the the Azure emperor, facing off against the awaited Gabriel. Ashiya commanded Malebranche and the Eight Scarves, ready to confront the Volunteer Army led by Emi and Olba. When Emi confronts Ashiya, they talk and decide to to hold out against each other until Maou arrived. Meanwhile, Maou and Acieth revved up their scooters, ready to rev into the turmoil of the impending Ente Isla conflict at full throttle. And it doesn't take them long to arrive as Emilia and Ashiya heard moped engines and saw two closely pursued by a massive army. Emilia, Alciel, and Maou, determined, faced the oncoming army. Now, they turned to confront the three angels.

While I'm grateful for the extended focus on Suzuno and Albert, I'm eager to see more of the other characters, especially given the intense battle underway. I still appreciate their presence, but I hope they don't dominate the screen time for now. On a positive note, it seems for a minute the animation actually went crazy with Ashiya vs Emi. But the real highlight was juts seeing the three of them reunite after so long. Emi's was really adorable this episode lol. And that final shot has me on the edge of my seat waiting for next. Oh well. It's a waiting game to see how they choose to wrap up the season next week.

The final showdown between Emilia, Alciel, and Maou vs. Raguel, Camael and Gabriel is up next!

Sep 21, 2023 8:34 AM

Feb 2021
Now that I watch it more carefully, the OP is quite tragic and has some nice visuals.
Oh damn, what is that charger thingy? Seems handy (would most probably be useless for modern phones though).
This episode looked better than usual.
Last episode next week!
Sep 21, 2023 8:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A toilet as the location for an escape room though lol. Emi and Alciel's little play bout sure was amusing. The greatest weakness of cav was the horse and using firecrackers to scare them really was a good plan. In the end im glad that Maou was able to rescue Emi and Alas Ramus and also reunite Emi with her dad. The reunion between Alas Ramus and Acieth was also cute. Though looks like before they can celebrate that they have to face down the final boss first.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2023 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
Suzuno and Albert managed to infiltrate Heavensky to see the Emperor-Unifier, but as Emilia manifests her power ready to attack Alciel and the demons, they find Gabriel stopping them in their tracks and teleporting them back to the plain lands, which to get back to Efzahan, would take days, which they're out of options. And as both Alciel and Emilia a.k.a the Hikayakko and Ginger Bud fight until Maou arrives at the concise moment, whom he is tied with Acieth at the moment.

As Emilia and Alciel hold out on their fight, Maou and Acieth tread past the heavenly army with the power of fireworks and scooters, and eventually reached to where the both of them are. Acieth saving Emilia's father, and Alas Ramus finally has a reunion with her younger sister.

The problem now is Gabriel and the other angels stopping them from getting home safe, and the journey better be worth it after all this while given Season 2's lackluster performance.
Sep 21, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao the scooters finally pay dividends. Using them to break through the army and reach Emilia was brilliant and Maou finally goes back into his demon form! Albeit, an incomplete version. Only one horn. Wonder what’s the deal with that.

Don’t think we’ve ever seen Emi get that flustered around Maou before. That was so cute. So many feelings that she’s accepted internally recently that she needs to tell him.

Acieth and Alas Ramus reunion as well was very sweet. Of course the older sister is the baby cause anime logic 😂

Battle against Gabriel next week is going to be tough. Emi and Aciel already expended quite a bit of energy during their mock fight. Looking forward to seeing how this one goes and how they wrap up the season.
Marinate1016Sep 21, 2023 9:50 AM
Sep 21, 2023 10:33 AM

Mar 2021
That was so much better episode!! Cant wait for the last episode!!!
Sep 21, 2023 11:46 AM

Aug 2017
Best girl pulling out the sweet deredere side. Maou getting through all the tsuntsun bitchiness to find the treasure.

Sep 21, 2023 12:09 PM

Mar 2019
Alas Ramus is so cute. 💖

Sep 21, 2023 12:31 PM
Mar 2015
Beware the power of Japanese automakers
Sep 21, 2023 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
One thing I can take away from this episode is how powerful and sturdy pizza scooters can be! XD

As a whole, I enjoyed this episode. While Suzuno and Albert's attempt to sneak in was thwarted by Gabriel, the location where they were warped to means that their efforts won't be in vain. Emi and Alciel had to hold back a bit during their fight to buy Maou time, but I will say that I enjoyed their battle, which the production quality did improve here.

The reunion with Alas Ramus and Acieth, as well as Emi and her father, was pretty sweet. However, that had to be cut short as with the group now back together, the final confrontation against Gabriel and his goons will be upon us for the final episode next week. Here's hoping for a satisfying ending for this season! =)
Sep 21, 2023 4:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was one of the best episodes not just of this current continuation of the series, but of the series in general imo, it was a very fun one, especially for the 2nd half of the episode. Emi Yusa and Ashiya fighting each other for apparently seven hours was great, I was thinking they’d pretend or something but no they were actually hitting each other lol, some good back and forths there and Ashiya’s spinning attack was quite hilarious with Alas Ramus’ reaction and Emi’s reaction afterward lol. Also not to mention the art and animation were quite awesome in this part, I can definitely see where the budget went, and hopefully the last episode has more to come.

And then came Maou and Acieth’s assault on the soldiers in scooters lol, both badass and funny stuff, Maou actually thought of everything with the firecrackers and molotovs, and at the end he actually got his demon form back somewhat, it seemed like a mix of his human and demon form but it’s better than nothing. I also really liked Emi’s moment here, loved seeing her get that emotional over Maou’s arrival, and now the angels have made their move and I guess we’ll see how that goes down in the finale next week, it’s been a good continuation of the continuation from last year lol.
Sep 21, 2023 4:38 PM
Oct 2016
Maou has arrived to the battlefield! We had the whole episode building to that triumphant moment when Maou interrupts the battle between Emi and Ashiya. They didn't make light of Maou showing up at the end which made everything work. Emi and Ashiya did their best stalling until Maou could arrive. They played their ruse for both the humans and demons, only really the angels questioned any legitimacy to the fighting. Maou and Alcieth barreling through the crowd of solider in their scooters. Emi and Ashiya were very surprised to see the lord Satan using pizza delivery scooters of all things. They did deflect the arrows well somehow so maybe those were the right choice. Maou saying they'll need a family discussion once they're all home. Emi getting all bashful was very cute, and her finally reuniting with her dad was great. She knows for sure he's safe now. Alas Ramus and Alcieth reunited very sweet to see. All that's left to deal with is these pesky angels.
Sep 21, 2023 9:46 PM

Feb 2016
Will this story end next episode? Or there is still content to adapt for future seasons? Since the LN is finished.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Sep 21, 2023 9:49 PM

Feb 2019
he hasn't hulked out to his usual Satan-size. he better bulk up for the next episode lol
Sep 22, 2023 12:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao Maou coming with the pizza delivering scooter, and it's good that Emilia got her father back, now time for the final fight
Sep 22, 2023 8:08 AM

May 2008
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
he hasn't hulked out to his usual Satan-size. he better bulk up for the next episode lol
@LeenPhoenixRae I agree, I was like wtf this isn't his full demon form. I do hope so, it was already sad to see he wasn't himself in Ente Isla for most of it.
Sep 22, 2023 9:16 AM
Jan 2018
I’m slowly getting caught up now, this is getting pretty intense!
Sep 22, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2019
Reply to Tala-Is-Eternal
@LeenPhoenixRae I agree, I was like wtf this isn't his full demon form. I do hope so, it was already sad to see he wasn't himself in Ente Isla for most of it.
Tala-Is-Eternal said:

@Tala-Is-Eternal there has to be a good reason why he can't access his power while in Ente Isla. my theory is he is probably having mixed feelings; he wants to go back to Japan so he is hanging on to his human form, but if push comes to shove, we all know he can always call out his demon form (we've seen quite a few instances of that back when he was in Japan lol).
Sep 22, 2023 10:45 AM

Jun 2016
maou x emi is perfect couple shippss !!!

how dare you ruin that !!!

Sep 22, 2023 11:20 AM

May 2008
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
Tala-Is-Eternal said:

@Tala-Is-Eternal there has to be a good reason why he can't access his power while in Ente Isla. my theory is he is probably having mixed feelings; he wants to go back to Japan so he is hanging on to his human form, but if push comes to shove, we all know he can always call out his demon form (we've seen quite a few instances of that back when he was in Japan lol).
@LeenPhoenixRae Yeah That is true, I still hope so. I saw on a wikipedia former Demon standing. But I am like human ok, but he will always be a demon.
And it is possible, I also thought it was because of Acient (I may spell it wrong lol)
Sep 22, 2023 11:27 AM
Apr 2023
nice epi, love emi
Sep 22, 2023 6:30 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Tala-Is-Eternal
@LeenPhoenixRae Yeah That is true, I still hope so. I saw on a wikipedia former Demon standing. But I am like human ok, but he will always be a demon.
And it is possible, I also thought it was because of Acient (I may spell it wrong lol)
Tala-Is-Eternal said:
Yeah That is true, I still hope so. I saw on a wikipedia former Demon standing. But I am like human ok, but he will always be a demon.

@Tala-Is-Eternal I thought that too when they first brought up why Maou still hasn't activated his demon powers yet since they arrived in Ente Isla, but it can't be the only reason. Guess we'll just have to wait and see next week's episode to find out.
Sep 23, 2023 7:55 AM

Apr 2018
StallionXD said:
Will this story end next episode? Or there is still content to adapt for future seasons? Since the LN is finished.

AS far as I know, one episode till the end of this season, and there is still a lot of content to be adapted
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Sep 23, 2023 8:26 AM
Jun 2007
"Intense" battle between Emi and Ashiya.
Maou-sama with his pizza delivery scooter.
Alas Ramus and Acieth reunion!
Sep 23, 2023 9:19 AM

May 2008
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
Tala-Is-Eternal said:
Yeah That is true, I still hope so. I saw on a wikipedia former Demon standing. But I am like human ok, but he will always be a demon.

@Tala-Is-Eternal I thought that too when they first brought up why Maou still hasn't activated his demon powers yet since they arrived in Ente Isla, but it can't be the only reason. Guess we'll just have to wait and see next week's episode to find out.
@LeenPhoenixRae Yes , I truly thought when it first happened. Ok I am certain he won't turn into demon form, and I was like, ok I knew it
And last part , hey so weird why aren't you turned back to your normal form. I mean how can you not notice it earlier
Sep 23, 2023 1:11 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Tala-Is-Eternal
@LeenPhoenixRae Yes , I truly thought when it first happened. Ok I am certain he won't turn into demon form, and I was like, ok I knew it
And last part , hey so weird why aren't you turned back to your normal form. I mean how can you not notice it earlier
@Tala-Is-Eternal I think he just got so used to being human and loved his life as a human that he subconsciously was repressing his true demon form. I mean, Alciel turned back to his demon form the moment he was back in Ente Isla, so why can't Maou, right? More questions and I want them answered NOW! lol
Sep 23, 2023 4:12 PM

Sep 2007
They seem to have saved all season long for spending in this episode. Not that it has fantastic animation, but some of previous ones seems low budget anime, and this one is what I expected from a long waited season.
Sep 23, 2023 11:36 PM

Mar 2013
There's something I've been curious about for the past few episodes. Acieth keeps calling people like Maou and Nord her "mistletoe" (according to the subs). Is this a translation error, or is there some sort of meaning that I'm missing?

Also, how is Acieth able to separate from Maou without deactivating his powers? (Maybe that's been a thing and I haven't been paying attention, idk)

Is Chamuel supposed to be someone we've known about for a while, or is he just some random angel who had a hate-on for Maou and got his ass kicked a few episodes ago?

Is this looking like it'll be the final season, or is there more content from the light novels left to be adapted?
Sep 24, 2023 6:14 AM

May 2008
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
@Tala-Is-Eternal I think he just got so used to being human and loved his life as a human that he subconsciously was repressing his true demon form. I mean, Alciel turned back to his demon form the moment he was back in Ente Isla, so why can't Maou, right? More questions and I want them answered NOW! lol
@LeenPhoenixRae Haha I know what you mean. I loved this season once again but some stuff did get me confused. I do must say that Alciel has a less social life and less time with humans than Satan has. Reason why I loved the small storyline between the co worker and him. Which when I do hope another season will be seeing more off.

4 days to go till we get hopefully an answer lol
Sep 24, 2023 10:59 AM

Feb 2020
like this content quite a bit more than the last one but still not really as incredible as the og

Sep 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Tala-Is-Eternal
@LeenPhoenixRae Haha I know what you mean. I loved this season once again but some stuff did get me confused. I do must say that Alciel has a less social life and less time with humans than Satan has. Reason why I loved the small storyline between the co worker and him. Which when I do hope another season will be seeing more off.

4 days to go till we get hopefully an answer lol
@Tala-Is-Eternal Alciel having a love life will be awesome. And Rika (I think that's Emi's friend/co-worker's name is) is now initiated into their group, so she is made aware of who and what kinda beings Alciel and company are. But you're right, Alciel's lack of human interaction made it easy for him to not really care about his human form much and can easily shed it off once he was back in Ente Isla.

I can't wait a few more days. And I hope there is gonna be another season after this season.
Sep 25, 2023 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
Nice scooter advertisement 👍👍👍
Sep 26, 2023 6:30 AM
Mar 2012
mistletoe & sephiroth interesting. Mao & Acieth maybe incompatible still a mystery.
Alciel vs Emi gingerbud show-fight was quite flashy, finally some good budget. lol those hardy scooters.
Bel & Albert near Emeralda's church it seems.
big family reunion so wholesome
Sep 28, 2023 2:51 AM

May 2020
Maou's demon form without bulking up doesn't hit the same. Hope we do see that in the finale. Though for whatever it was worth, Maou and Acieth made quite a flashy return lol. Props to the pizza delivery scooter by the way, it somehow took all the bumps... even something like knocking down huge ass walls, and still didn't break lol.

Reunions have happened, and now might be for the one final time we'll be seeing Maou and Emi working together and taking down the main bad guy.
Sep 28, 2023 7:59 AM

May 2008
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
@Tala-Is-Eternal Alciel having a love life will be awesome. And Rika (I think that's Emi's friend/co-worker's name is) is now initiated into their group, so she is made aware of who and what kinda beings Alciel and company are. But you're right, Alciel's lack of human interaction made it easy for him to not really care about his human form much and can easily shed it off once he was back in Ente Isla.

I can't wait a few more days. And I hope there is gonna be another season after this season.
@LeenPhoenixRae I am unsure if you saw the final episode yet, I only saw it a part, but really why...

Also yess I just need a new season after this. even though I can't really get into Satan new looks
Sep 28, 2023 8:19 AM

Oct 2017
Maou's epic entrance with the scooter, truly epic. Acieth finally got to meet her sister, that was sweet. Btw Emi acting shy was real cute. Just one more episode to go, time to kick the angels butt and end the season.
Sep 28, 2023 8:41 AM

Feb 2019
Reply to Tala-Is-Eternal
@LeenPhoenixRae I am unsure if you saw the final episode yet, I only saw it a part, but really why...

Also yess I just need a new season after this. even though I can't really get into Satan new looks
@Tala-Is-Eternal nope, i haven't watched it yet, but now i'm curious to know lol
Sep 28, 2023 4:00 PM

Feb 2012
Emi and Ashiya put on a huge act, enough time for Maou to reach the castle and regain his demon powers (and do some scooter gang shit with advanced vehicles and firecrackers on the cavalry and footsoldiers).
With Nord visibly alive, Emilia's sole reason for fighting against Satan has vanished, what next for her, will she feel empty or can she find a new purpose?
Alas Ramus's stunted growth surprised her sister.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 6, 2023 2:08 AM
Jan 2021
So Emilia and Alsiel are holding out for Satan’s arrival… Interesting, and Olba is none the wiser. I honestly don’t care for what Suzuno and Albert Ende are doing.

But Satan’s plan went off without a hitch. They broke in, poked a bunch of soldiers with swords, and got Emilia’s dad, Nord back, but now they’ve got a battle with Gabriel and two other angels… Is Urushihara, AKA Lucifer planning to make a surprise appearance? I guess we’ll see what happens next.
Oct 18, 2023 1:35 PM

Nov 2010
That mock battle between Emi and Ashiya was animated well, for the most part. Emi looked hot during the fight!
Flustered Emi is so cute! If I were Sadao, I'd pinch her cheeks!
Oct 19, 2023 9:12 PM

Jul 2014
Alas Ramus enjoying Alciel's spinning attack while Emi wanting to throw up lmao. The fight was fun.

Japanese scooters are something else xD. Maou really came well prepared even with a Molotov cocktail lol.

Emi getting all bashful was very cute <3.

Gabriel playing 5D chess with everyone is interesting. I wonder what his goal is with all this.

One episode left! :'(
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

May 2020
Finally intense battle incoming Ashiya vs Emi. This is what i want to watch. The Motoped Maou incoming, lol they didn't expect will come with a Motoped. Full of fun and action in this episode. Love this episode, no one can beat Emi tsundere. Really Emi want to be saved by Maou. Yeaaaaa get marry you two. Memorable when Alas meet Achieth its so cute. Last episode, will be a battle with Gabriel. Interesting, lets end this!
Feb 14, 5:16 AM

Dec 2020
So why was he only able to transform once they got there?
Apr 1, 11:04 PM
Jan 2023
Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu
Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu
Boku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai YatsuBoku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu
Apr 9, 2:22 AM

Apr 2013
So the three angel dudes just watched as Maou drove into the room where Emi's father was, but when Suzuno broke in they immediately stopped her... huh?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2023

67 by QuilPalta »»
May 2, 6:34 PM

» Things keep getting worse and worse

Furuhashi1 - Oct 19, 2023

13 by TheOtaku-San »»
Apr 14, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

25 by Gator »»
Apr 8, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

30 by Gator »»
Apr 8, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

32 by Gator »»
Apr 7, 4:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.