Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 27, 2023 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
Now that Shizuka is part of the team, she's getting a lot more screen time together.

On the other hand, this episode shows that they face trouble not just from zombies but human beings with massive egos. Poor Akira, but still, it doesn't look like anything will ever keep him from working hard. 

May 2020
It hurts to have a delay after every second episode, as it doesn’t only kill the flow but kind of puts away any built-up interest too. Though the unfortunate thing being, this wasn’t the last of them. 

Anyways, back to the episode, we know expensive things are expensive things only when there are people to consume them. Since, there are no longer people who are “sane” enough to buy those, of course you could have your hands on practically anything lol. Though that being that, since there are no longer people who could work behind the scenes, it was about time Akira and Kencho would’ve to face problems in continuing their normal life in a 
big city like Tokyo.

So what better than escaping your way out and in a camping van at that.. so the duo did. And of course they’d have to meet Shizuka there lol. After an emotional goodbye their meeting was almost hilarious, but hey that being that, they found their ultra advanced camping van, and despite Shizuka being reluctant to join the duo earlier, she did later on… atleast for the time being lol. 

Fun times don’t stick for long, that’s the saying, and it did happen here too, when out of absolutely nowhere, the trio met Akira’s former superior. And jesus, he a toxic in the zombie world too… OVERWORKING PEOPLE AND HECK EVEN ZOMBIES TO THE BOOT LMAOOOOO. If it wasn’t for a need Akira wouldn’t have to go back to work for him again smh. 

Hope they do fix their tire and Kencho's health ASAP and get the fuck out of there. 

Dec 2021
Love that Shizuka is finally getting her deserved screentime!

After adding it to his bucket list, Akira wanted to set out to find his parents, But in order to head for Akira's hometown of Gunma, he first visits an exhibition hall in Saitama to get a camper van, where he reunites with Shizuka and fawn over all the vans in the exhibition hall. That is until the zombies catch up to them and quickly get in a random van and leave, which also scratches another thing in the bucket list! But everything goes to shit after Kencho is hit by a spike trap, and what Akira sees before him is none other than one of his superiors from work, Kosugi.

I loved that whole interaction and conversation with Akira and Shizuka in the van, it just adds more depth to Shizuka's character and further highlighted the chemistry between her and Akira. The weight of Akira's work-related trauma became evident, worsened by his friend's injury. Despite the circumstance, he was reminded that he had to assist Kosugi for a mere two days. However, I wouldn't trust him though.

Facing this dire situation, how will Akira and his companions get themselves out of this one?

Aug 27, 2023 1:31 AM

Jul 2017
Did anyone spot the rare crossover Zombieland Saga girls in this ep?
Aug 27, 2023 4:32 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Still waiting here in Australia.. few hours overdue. Guess I’ll watch it tomorrow
Aug 27, 2023 4:43 AM

Apr 2014
I would have chosen the zombies rather than that man...Yeah and I'm very happy that Shizuka is back.
Ske80Aug 27, 2023 8:24 AM
Aug 27, 2023 5:10 AM

Feb 2021
This is kinda rough to watch raw without japanese subs. Sometimes versions with jp subs are uploaded on nyaa but this was not the case today (T_T)
Oh I know, I can look at the raw manga chapters while watching this! Nice. Thank god they are readable for free on the official site right now.

Well that's a happy coincidence alright! More Shizuka let's gooo!
Kuuderes showing emotions are so cute
And we get the RV from the ED!
Whoa what? Other people! But they're not friendly at all... Oh got not him
So sad to see Akira in this state. He is really traumatized.
This episode was actually so sad damn... The last scene with Akira with zombies especially. (Though I liked the manga version more with a full-body shot of him)

Is it just me or in some moments the mouth movements didn't match the voices? There were also some with still frames no movement (like showing the background or the sky only). Please don't let the production of this anime be similar to what it depicts...
KANLen0969756308Did anyone spot the rare crossover Zombieland Saga girls in this ep?
KANLen09 said:
Didn't notice at first, but there are there! 20:29. That's not everyone though. The original tweet said 6 of them will appear (there are 7 of them tho?) so I must've missed something.
EmbientAug 28, 2023 2:02 AM
Aug 27, 2023 6:45 AM
Sep 2014
Studio: *is tired of exploitative workplaces and wants to be a different kind of studio*

Also studio: *Can't get 1 Episode out that isn't mired in Release issues.

They're also ALREADY prepping the recap episode that'll take another week of this horrendous run. Management, studio, whoevers responsible, who cares. Get ya s**t togetha!! Talk about a Flop of a Run, man. About to drop this in favor of the Manga I've already been collecting. At least these "exploitative" companies they're so against are able to deliver without issue. They did so well with Episode 1, I can at least be thankful they delivered on THAT and I had the wherewithall to invest in the Manga.

Hope its a good episode though. I'll wait for it to be done.
Aug 27, 2023 6:50 AM
Dec 2020
FeelsLikeDboss said:
Studio: *is tired of exploitative workplaces and wants to be a different kind of studio*

Also studio: *Can't get 1 Episode out that isn't mired in Release issues.

They're also ALREADY prepping the recap episode that'll take another week of this horrendous run. Management, studio, whoevers responsible, who cares. Get ya s**t togetha!! Talk about a Flop of a Run, man. About to drop this in favor of the Manga I've already been collecting. At least these "exploitative" companies they're so against are able to deliver without issue. They did so well with Episode 1, I can at least be thankful they delivered on THAT and I had the wherewithall to invest in the Manga.

Hope its a good episode though. I'll wait for it to be done.

“Um actually 🤓🤓🤓☝️☝️☝️”
Aug 27, 2023 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
KANLen09 said:
Sadly it was just their VA's voicing random zombies as it states in the credits. Damn never mind I guess they voiced themselves. Although seems people are only finding four out of the supposed six of them in this little scavenger hunt.

IzanaSolosAug 28, 2023 3:03 AM

Aug 27, 2023 9:51 AM
Nov 2019
ingin pergi ke gunma tapi terhalang oleh mantan bosnya, syedihhh
My Candies :
Aug 27, 2023 10:28 AM

Oct 2017
Akira gotta face this head on and break free of his past self. Good to have Shizuka onboard finally.
MegamiRemAug 31, 2023 3:16 AM
Aug 27, 2023 11:14 AM
May 2022
Still waiting in the UK 😭 Hopefully it arrives soon 🤗
Aug 27, 2023 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
welp...gotta wait until tomorrow for it to drop over here in the US.... seriously hate Netflix for this shit.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 27, 2023 12:39 PM
May 2021
where does everyone watch the episode? I can't find it anywhere
Aug 27, 2023 1:26 PM
Jan 2022
um, where's the episode?😂😂😂
Aug 27, 2023 3:40 PM
Jan 2022
not up on CR. hopefully it's coming soon? or is this another bad thread?
Aug 27, 2023 3:56 PM

Oct 2020
ive checked all my main anime sites cant find it anywhere
Aug 27, 2023 5:10 PM
May 2021
CRG said:
ive checked all my main anime sites cant find it anywhere

same, idk how people watched it
Aug 27, 2023 5:32 PM
Aug 2022
It’s 1am in the uk rn and I haven’t seen the episode uploaded anywhere. Guess I’ll probably just have to wait until tomorrow
Aug 27, 2023 6:12 PM
Aug 2022
Y’all I need help why is it not available on anything for me to watch
Aug 27, 2023 6:35 PM
Jun 2023
EnthusiasticMan said:
Y’all I need help why is it not available on anything for me to watch

It has not been released in any part of the world the original timing was 5pm jst but it has still not been released idk wtf bug studios is doing
Aug 27, 2023 7:12 PM
May 2023
am i wrong or.. did i just saw akira's boss already became zombie in ep 1 and just appear as a human in ep 6
Aug 27, 2023 7:45 PM
Jan 2023
Has it aired in japan? Why isn't it on any of the streaming sites?
Aug 27, 2023 7:47 PM
Dec 2021
Top 2 anime this season. Lovee it. Lowkey funny too. I found Akira's hero stuff a bit trashy and cliche but its a small price to pay for an anime this well produced and executed. I care for the characters, story is cool, world feels dynamic and alive. Whats there to complain?
Aug 27, 2023 7:51 PM

Oct 2011
TRLittleTim said:
Has it aired in japan? Why isn't it on any of the streaming sites?

aired in Japan yesterday.. OP and other users watched it live etc.
Aug 27, 2023 8:02 PM
Feb 2023
anyone else not seeing episode six on Netflix or crunchyroll? I live in Eastern United States I saw another post from Australia with a similar issue.
Aug 27, 2023 8:04 PM
Feb 2023
Comwolf said:
anyone else not seeing episode six on Netflix or crunchyroll? I live in Eastern United States I saw another post from Australia with a similar issue.

after reading the rest of the posts I guess I'm not the only one
Aug 27, 2023 8:29 PM

Oct 2011
Comwolf said:
Comwolf said:

after reading the rest of the posts I guess I'm not the only one

it will be out tomorrow. Around the same time it's uploaded.
Aug 27, 2023 8:29 PM
Feb 2023
thank you! I appreciate it.
Aug 28, 2023 2:29 AM

Apr 2014
Finding Franchouchou's member in this episode was very tough. I think I've found only 4 of them.

The location of Kamisato Service Area, aka Service Area of the Dead is here https://goo.gl/maps/xWazTGYGvz1wKuyH9
AkeZZZAug 28, 2023 2:38 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 28, 2023 2:36 AM
May 2021
Damn this ep was good, too bad the schedule is fcked for this anime.
Aug 28, 2023 2:55 AM

Aug 2022
Finally dropping this. Too slow for me. Anything barely happens each episode, and with all these delays I've just completely lost interest. The episodic plots are too dull for me to care as well. I feel like this type of story progression can be endured if it comes a bit later on in the series, but it's definitely not the type of pacing and content you'd expect from the beginning, it's simply uninteresting. The comedy is also quite lackluster. Another anime that I'm going to forget after a week. Too bad, it had a bit of potential with the first episode.

Also this is arguably the most shonenesque, seinen anime I've ever watched. This belongs in Shonen Jump.
Aug 28, 2023 3:40 AM

Feb 2021
He gets traumatized again... Very unlucky to bump into his old bad boss again :(
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 28, 2023 3:40 AM
Aug 2019
Finally the episode is out.

Now that Shizuka is part of the team, they went tho this RV camping show to find one. But, of course the way they talk is so loud that they accidentally attracted the walkers. But, they got the right RV and left Tokyo.

And of course, Akira's old boss appeared and purposely set those f***ing spike traps. Once again, Akira is being tormented by that fat bastard and forced to work with him and has gone down to his old self. Hopefully Akira can finally stand up to that rat f***er and get the hell out of there along with his friends. BUT! Something tells me that bad shit is about to go down on that truck stop in the next episode. (Like what happened to it's live action counterpart.)

Aug 28, 2023 3:42 AM
Aug 2019
IzanaSolos said:
KANLen09 said:
Sadly it was just their VA's voicing random zombies as it states in the credits. Damn never mind I guess they voiced themselves. Although seems people are only finding four out of the supposed six of them in this little scavenger hunt.

Holy shit! I missed that little Easter egg there!
Aug 28, 2023 3:43 AM

May 2014
Of course they get into the most RV looking RV haha. I actually watched the live action film recently and it's interesting to compare. 
Aug 28, 2023 3:58 AM

Jun 2021
Poor Akira had to work under that boss again. These kinds of people are more troublesome than zombies.
Aug 28, 2023 4:12 AM

Jun 2021
Glad it dropped on Netflix! Great episode to watch before work
Aug 28, 2023 4:54 AM

Oct 2011
watching again with Subs:

watching Akira breakdown was heartbreaking
Aug 28, 2023 4:54 AM

Jul 2016
fancyjasper said:
Of course they get into the most RV looking RV haha. I actually watched the live action film recently and it's interesting to compare. 

Which is better? I am just waiting for the blonde samurai chick to drop?
Aug 28, 2023 5:03 AM

May 2014
Vindicater said:
fancyjasper said:

Which is better? I am just waiting for the blonde samurai chick to drop?
Live action was a lot of fun. It combined the aquarium section with the stuff happening with the old boss now. They also spent a ton of time driving with Shizuka and crossing stuff off the bucket list before reaching boss man in the movie. I hope they get bonding time like that in the anime.  Uhh I do prefer the anime, but not by a significant margin. Both are fun to watch.

Blonde girl didn't appear in the live action, I also want to see her. We're half way done with the anime, surely she'll join within the next few episodes.
Aug 28, 2023 5:04 AM

Apr 2022
way too loud man, way too loud. got the RV though, plus shizuka joins the gang. welp the chief is back and i will probably have forgotten about him by the time next episode drops.
VagaZhel said:
am i wrong or.. did i just saw akira's boss already became zombie in ep 1 and just appear as a human in ep 6
the one we saw become a zombie in ep 1 was the CEO, he's a different guy, this ones the department chief.
Aug 28, 2023 5:26 AM
Feb 2020
Didn't expect the boss to show up Negan style. I do think they made it interesting to have him return.
Aug 28, 2023 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
If they can't get tires they may as well steal vehicles...

Kenichirou needs to wake Akira the fuck up.

What is he even doing. Did he not change after all that? This episode made previous episodes seem kinda redundant with nothing to show for it in the end.
Aug 28, 2023 5:47 AM

Aug 2012
Some people are bound to the slave mentality. I wonder if the MC can become free and start doing things for themselves. Also where is all that beer going too? What is the point?
Aug 28, 2023 5:49 AM

Jul 2017
Think Shizuka returning to the series and joining up with Akira and Kencho is a nice addition to the dynamic. The actual episode itself was okay with a solid start but got boring for me with the second half, even when the series was trying to implement some drama with Akira's mental state seeing older faces again and being reminded of his toxic life before the apocalypse happened. This show, like the manga, has been slipping more and more for me but hasn't been awful either. Just decent. At least considering all the production issues and delays, the actual episodes don't look bad whatsoever.
Aug 28, 2023 6:13 AM
Oct 2019
Get a gun and kill this UB...
damn the PTSD.

Also that Zombieland Saga cameo.
Aug 28, 2023 6:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Shizuka joining the team brings some much needed common sense and sense of empathy for others. She gets what he's going through.

ON the fun end: Lol, at them ending with the most generic RV after sampling the luxury goods, lol.

Also as a lover of fine watches, I would have never expected to see a Richard Mille in an anime. A Rolex Daytona yes, since Rolex is the one luxury watch that anyone on the street can name

The phecking boss of course survived. And he remains the same violent, toxic, asshole he's always been
FarabeufAug 28, 2023 6:49 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 28, 2023 6:57 AM

Jan 2023
Shizuka joins the team, so glad to see it happen! Makes things a little more lively and dynamic, I’m really liking her chemistry with our ragtag duo.

To be fair, Shizuka is right. There’s a lot of factors to consider when choosing a vehicle in any sort of apocalyptic event, but everyone wants a certain type so can’t blame them when it’s right in front of their face haha. Somehow and in some way, these unfortunate souls managed to attract a giant horde from seemingly out of thin air from the inside of a big building. Weird, considering it was very clear when they first arrived, hrmmm.. oh well. They got a standard looking RV and a motorcycle so it works out.

Oh my gosh, not the department chief with his clunky big ass. Really unfortunate that they had no choice other than to work for him for two days, it was that or face a horde of zombies. Poor Akira remembering his trauma and abuse from his words alone, PTSD kicking in. Hopefully they’ll be able to escape as well as the other survivors being worked in horrible conditions. Also didn’t notice the Zombieland Saga crossover until scrolling up haha.

I suppose this episode serves as a reminder check that zombies won’t be your only threat, but human factions as well. Glad to watch another episode mid class, now we wait to see what’s next for our group.
Have a good Monday everyone :d
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » what do u think about the netorare part? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 18

54 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 8, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

66 by nick_el_son »»
May 5, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

74 by Joey-XD19202 »»
May 2, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

272 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

310 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.