Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Bunkasai 2023: Host an event, Design a new theme!

New
Aug 23, 2023 7:40 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

The event will be held on September 23-24, 2023.
Join the MAL Bunkasai Club for updates!

In Japan, culture festivals are created and hosted entirely by the students. Likewise, MAL Bunkasai is focused on showcasing our members' interests and talents, and creating new friendships between members—just like a culture festival in anime/manga. During other holidays, it's always the moderator team preparing themed events for the community. With MAL Bunkasai, we want to give all the creativity back to you.

Host An Event
Events can be held by an individual, a group of friends, or a MAL club that wants to showcase their club activities.

Various event ideas include:
  • AMQ Idol Song Showdown—Who really knows idol songs the best? Organize a competition to find out!
  • MAL Plays Gartic Phone—Create a few anime-related prompts (e.g. End of Evangelion scene) and send them around to other Bunkasai members to create one huge gartic phone-like gif made by the community.
  • VTuber livestream—New VTuber and want to get a larger following? Host a livestream on your channel and livestream it to a VR venue instance!
  • PV voice-over—Get Bunkasai members to create custom scripts and voice over PVs for anime with new and funny dialogs.
  • Anime Song Karaoke/Trivia—Host a karaoke event in the VR venue and get people to guess which song is being sang.
  • The list goes on!
Have a rough idea for an event but not sure how to execute it? We're here to help~

Submit your event idea here
Deadline: September 10

Design A New Theme
MAL Bunkasai is the one event per year where you can see your idea for a new About Me/List theme implemented on MAL.
Create a new theme in 10min or less with one of our easy-to-use forms. Winners will receive 1 year of MAL Supporter~

About Me Theme ✧ List Design Theme
Entry Deadline: September 10
Voting: September 17~23

Unfortunately, we will be unable to host the advanced version of these contests this year :<

Please consider hosting and/or submitting a design—MAL Bunkasai is only made possible thanks to you!
KinetaAug 25, 2023 6:04 PM
Aug 26, 2023 2:18 AM

Sep 2010
I thought you removed the VR thingy, couldn't find it anywhere. Or are we gonna use VRChat again?
Aug 26, 2023 6:05 AM

Nov 2018
I'll be hosting a Kiss x Sis read-along during this time if anyone's interested in joining me
_cjessop19_Aug 26, 2023 7:13 AM

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Aug 26, 2023 6:25 AM

Feb 2010
_cjessop19_ said:
I'll be hosting a Kiss x Sis read-along during this time if anyone's interested in joining me

Please let this be an official event 🙏🙏🙏

Aug 26, 2023 6:52 AM

Nov 2018
Shishio-kun said:
_cjessop19_ said:

If I can get like 30-40 people to say that they will definitely join, I will legit do it (I know of 5-10 people who would instantly join).

I was thinking of reading the first 3 volumes. I can host the event on the MAL Discord in VC and I can share my screen.

Edit: I've submitted my registration form.

@ateks You don't need to host an event in VR, you can just use the MAL Discord if you need or whatever other options the form has available.
_cjessop19_Aug 26, 2023 7:14 AM

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Aug 26, 2023 7:15 AM

Sep 2010
_cjessop19_ said:
@ateks You don't need to host an event in VR, you can just use the MAL Discord if you need or whatever other options the form has available.

Yeah but I was wondering because they mentioned it but I can't find it anywhere, maybe I'm just blind. I don't have Discord tho.
Aug 26, 2023 7:20 AM

Nov 2018
ateks said:
_cjessop19_ said:

Yeah but I was wondering because they mentioned it but I can't find it anywhere, maybe I'm just blind. I don't have Discord tho.

You used to be able to see it in the My Clubs section, looks like they removed it, though idk when.

Aug 31, 2023 2:57 AM
Aug 2023
_cjessop19_ said:
Shishio-kun said:

If I can get like 30-40 people to say that they will definitely join, I will legit do it (I know of 5-10 people who would instantly join).

I was thinking of reading the first 3 volumes. I can host the event on the MAL Discord in VC and I can share my screen.

no joke...
Sep 1, 2023 3:46 AM
Sep 2022
_cjessop19_ said:

You're not kidding right? better not chicken out later
Sep 1, 2023 5:39 AM

Jul 2012
For the theme competition, will gifs work for the background?
I have a patterned background I want to use that has a small animation and it will look boring if it doesn't move.
Sep 1, 2023 5:46 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to The_Chad_Kazuma
_cjessop19_ said:

You're not kidding right? better not chicken out later
@The_Chad_Kazuma I'm 100% serious.

Sep 1, 2023 5:47 AM
Sep 2022

amazing man, look forward to it
Sep 4, 2023 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
justanotheradult said:
_cjessop19_ said:

no joke...

Isn't that from 'Lord Of The Rings Trilogy' ?
Sep 5, 2023 1:07 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to removed-user
justanotheradult said:
_cjessop19_ said:

no joke...

Isn't that from 'Lord Of The Rings Trilogy' ?
@ARYN__to i thought it was game of thrones?!.
Sep 5, 2023 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
justanotheradult said:

😅Nooo way!!
Sep 5, 2023 7:39 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
justanotheradult said:

Nah, it is from Elden Ring.
Sep 7, 2023 6:15 AM
Aug 2023
_cjessop19_ said:

Thank you
Sep 10, 2023 7:48 AM

Nov 2018
If I'm not allowed to do my live Kiss x Sis reading as I've been told by an admin beforehand, I will host an unofficial event and have it be bigger than whatever MAL comes up with.

I'll consider making a new sign-up post somewhere on MAL a few days beforehand and provide the invite link to a new discord group that I will host the event in. I'll most likely start the event Sunday night AEST (24th).

@Shishio-kun @justanotheradult @The_Chad_Kazuma @Sanokii5 @Catalano

Sep 10, 2023 7:50 AM
Sep 2022
_cjessop19_ said:
If I'm not allowed to do my live Kiss x Sis reading as I've been told by an admin beforehand, I will host an unofficial event and have it be bigger than whatever MAL comes up with.

I'll consider making a new sign-up post somewhere on MAL a few days beforehand and provide the invite link to a new discord group that I will host the event in. I'll most likely start the event Sunday night AEST (24th).

amazing, go ahead full throttle
Sep 11, 2023 3:55 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to _cjessop19_

@_cjessop19_ https://i.giphy.com/media/H1OiJv9BIp7Z6/giphy.webp

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
4 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.