Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Apr 2014
Nagisa, please call me darling or honey.
btw, the authority that Ciel has been reported to was very sus. They will definitely be Kanata's main opponent in the future.

何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 21, 2023 9:43 AM
Sep 2015
This episode is quite musical.
Now we know that Magus can't give birth, not sure about Noir since key model might have more function than normal model.
Tokio trying to help Kanata get laid makes me think that it's the main objective of this anime after all LOL.
Aug 21, 2023 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
Since Mouton is handling Noir's maintenance, Eliie is thinking of taking advantage of this situation to pursue Kanata, though he is capable on his own. And there is a new girl on the block that challenges Ellie's position, it's no other than Ciel, who is more affectionate than Noir. Yelp, Ellie has no chances at all against the dense Kanata and Ciel, who is capable of housework, apart from her singing. Yet, Kanata just treated both Ciel and Noir like humans, since his mother was one as well, with his father being a capable Drifter who sacrificed their lives on the line. And Kanata's Paradise, located at the historical city of Histoire, it looks like he's feeding information to someone who looks caring on the outside, though she's a spy from within.

Ellie and Ange are worried for Kanata treating Ciel, and with the Carrier, Ciel suspects that Kanata's end goal of Histoire will only bring despair if Noir is no doubt the key to the Organization she reports to. Rather, Kanata brings Ciel to a secluded place where she can sing her heart out, and she was able to have fun. But with the appearance of the Enders, Kanata's teamwork with Ciel no doubt feels different, but the mechanics of the Coffin are one and the same.

Will Ciel defect her ways before her time as a tool runs out?
Aug 21, 2023 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
Dude I’m speechless this episode was far and away the best synduality noir episode. Ciel best girl by a MILE idc holy shit I’m in love with her. Need a figure ASAP.

Her energy with Kanata was just infectious. All the banter and playful comments between the two of them are just such a nice contrast to he and Noir. That’s no shade on Noir, I still like her too, but Ciel is way more of a finished product thus more enjoyable rn.

Ahh they’re going with the old “hot girl is a spy, falls in love with guy she’s spying on and betrays her employer” trope. That’s actually kind of an interesting backstory for Ciel since it looked like she was screwed last week if Kanata didn’t show up, so did her employer place her there with the idea that Kanata would show up and save her?

I LOVE her insert song during the fight scene. It really had an early 2000s anime vibe to it. Something you’d hear in gundam seed or wing. Looking forward to getting that on Apple Music.

That takes us to the end of the episode where Noir returns and Ciel has realised that Kanata is the person she’s always been searching for. “My beloved”. Going to be fun seeing she and Noir interact going forward

awesome episode
Marinate1016Aug 21, 2023 11:43 AM
Aug 21, 2023 11:37 AM
May 2019
When are Ciel type automatons going to be available IRL??
Aug 21, 2023 11:59 AM

Jun 2017
sabishiihito said:
When are Ciel type automatons going to be available IRL??
Not in our lifetime bro. :(

From what I saw, we got the looks and realistic movements down, it's just the intelligence programming that's at least 100 years behind.
Aug 21, 2023 12:09 PM

Dec 2021
Witnessing Ange skillfully expose the flaws in Ellie's reasoning is truly exciting. It's intriguing to observe Ellie's flustered reactions whenever the idea of Kanata becoming close to Noir or Ciel crosses her mind, prompting speculation about the true extent of their abilities. Ciel underscores that there are definite limits, reminding us that although Magus may resemble humans, they can never truly attain humanity.

The focus once again shifts to the enigmatic organization's pursuit of the Key. In the previous episode, the enigmatic Black Mask assumed the role of a white knight aiding Kanata. However, given the Black Mask's quest for the Key, one can't help but wonder if this figure might actually be a concealed antagonist. Could it be possible that the Key holds the power to unleash a world-altering weapon of mass destruction, potentially enabling its possessor to seize dominion over the current state of affairs?

Aug 21, 2023 2:02 PM

Nov 2022
What an amazing episode, wow.

Kanata sure is a lucky guy! In the future I want a magus harem just like his...

Marinate1016 said:
Dude I’m speechless this episode was far and away the best synduality noir episode.
Right? This was a great ep! :D And all those scenes with Ciel... mmm chef's kiss *
Aug 21, 2023 3:38 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
This remminds me of an episode from macross.

lucio54Aug 21, 2023 4:32 PM
Aug 21, 2023 6:19 PM

Dec 2018
A lot of background here, but really only hints at this point. I've been waiting for this, perfect timing. Also it kind of turned into vivy flourite eyes song at the end there lol.
Aug 21, 2023 6:48 PM
May 2021
the show is finally starting to become less episodic. we got a little more possible information about noir from ciel, but everything still seems pretty uncertain and in the dark.

we find out why kanata treats magus more like people than everyone else, and that's because he was raised with a magus as his mother figure. that bit of information was quite sweet to learn.
My 2023 candies:
Aug 21, 2023 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
Watching Victory Gundam alongside this show has been weird. Seeing Uso lose his mind and then seeing Michael being totally chilled out but having the same voice is weird. Sakaguchi Daisuke still sounds great 30 years later. 
Aug 22, 2023 11:13 AM
Sep 2017
The way I squealed when Ciel said "my dear" was unreal :sob: I LOVE YOU NAGI
This whole episode reminded me of symphogear and tbh made me watch that again. 
Aug 22, 2023 6:09 PM

Oct 2018
Really got macross delta vibes from that fight, makes me wanna rewatch that again xD Really good song, too.
Aug 22, 2023 7:07 PM
Oct 2019
Poor Ellie, there is another girl beside Noir.
LMAO you need to step up your game.

Damn this episode was beautiful.

Ciel voice by Love Live VA, no wonder she can sing so well.
Aug 23, 2023 10:06 AM

Jan 2011
Awww what a good episode. Ciel isn't going to sell him out. Kanata is really a good dude. This guy really just cares about people and isn't a perv. He is a little naive but you can see how he is growing as a character.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 23, 2023 6:45 PM

Dec 2022
I pray Ciel does not become the enemy. I really do. Sure she's a double agent, but her heart and mind is different when Kanata is present. She gains her own purpose with Kanata, is the feeling I get, instead of being your usual Magus, which is more or less a maid/guard/etc.

I wonder if Two Maguses can fit in a coffin.
Aug 23, 2023 7:33 PM

Mar 2008
Ciel seems pretty nice to have around. I am kind of at a loss on why Ciel was moved by Kanata bringing her to a place to sing when he already previously saved her, was she never in any real threat of being owned to begin with? At least she had a change of heart in this episode, I wouldn't have wanted to see her become an enemy.
Aug 24, 2023 10:53 AM
Mar 2014
A turning point in the anime. I really like that episode.
Aug 24, 2023 3:03 PM
Jan 2017
best episode so far, am I am normally critical to the point of cynical.

I cannot pick out any faults this time, except the same same of enemies being copy pasta, at least one of them have a gun this time.
Aug 24, 2023 7:23 PM
Aug 2023
I amazing how the protagonists interscts with the new Magus and the plot twist made me anxious to know more about Noir past
Aug 27, 2023 5:06 AM
Oct 2018
i dont really like the macross singing part, but good to see the story start building up
Aug 31, 2023 8:08 PM
Jul 2020
Don't know why, but I'm beginning to like Ceil's character a lot more. The twist that she was a double agent tho was a bit concerning, but it seems like she might be conflicted. Hopefully Kanata can stay safe from this greater threat involving Noir, Historia, and the key to paradise.
Sep 3, 2023 8:28 AM

Apr 2020
Black Mask is associated with the "mysterious organization" and I wonder how this will affect the MC. It seems like he's going to face a double betrayal from his once-friendly allies. The storyline could go in various directions depending on the writers' choices.

Considering the classic plot elements, it's highly likely that the antagonist will emerge in the later episodes, probably aiming to steal Noir. It seems like Ciel will play a pivotal role in this development. Can imagine her confronting the MC with a gun and engaging in a verbal exchange. However, in a surprising turn of events, she might switch sides and protect him, sacrificing herself in the process.

It's intriguing to think that she might entrust her repairs to Maria and make a grand entrance just before the final battle. And to top it off, she could arrive with a new set of dual Magus mecha XD. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

Sep 4, 2023 5:28 AM

Oct 2017
Now Ciel's the one acting like Kanata's wife, she's so cute. Really liked Kanata x Ciel interactions this episode. The fight scene with her singing was great. She's fallen for Kanata, I hope she can become his magus alongside Noir. Unfortunately though, she's working for the organisation so I have a bad feeling about her fate.
Sep 29, 2023 5:53 AM
Mar 2012
Ellie & Ciel so funny with Kanata. Ange burns Ellie too much.
Kanata family backstory gave him some needed color. Treatment of both kinds reminds of the 2 types in Ai no Idenshi.
Military Ciel? Pascale? lots of mysteries.
Pacman!
Tokio & Maria should fix their relation.
Ciel such a pro troll.
super weird 3 leg spinning lancers.
Both songs cool, and with their first fight so in sync. No wonder they now like each other. Always love that macross callback.
Nov 29, 2023 5:41 PM

Dec 2022
I thought Kanata had a harem on his hands there, but looks like Ciel was just a spy all along. Can't trust anyone these days...

Shaded Horizon

Mar 23, 3:31 AM
Nov 2012
This Episode should come early around ep 3-4 instead
Im macross fan Ciel singing while fighting remind me of Sheryl nome
No this is Ciel nome ...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 11, 2023

15 by parzxval »»
Mar 7, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 24, 2023

39 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Jan 22, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2023

27 by tohka_eugen »»
Dec 19, 2023 12:07 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 11 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Sep 18, 2023

19 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 29, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 4, 2023

21 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.