Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2023 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
Sasuga, the legendary heroes.
In the end, Noir's past still be in mystery.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 4, 2023 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
Two new characters introduced this time around.

On the way to Trader's Nest, Kanata witnessed a lone drifter braving the heavy rain. When Kanata saw the same person again at Trader's Nest, they learned that he was a drifter named "Alba" who had been active since the Amasia era. He then goes onto to share that he was investigating various things about him wanting to make his own Magus. Of course being a drifter he of course needs a Magus, and his magus is Ada. Who I think, if I remember correctly, will be the main character of the game.

Since Alba's making his own Magus it's only natural that he has to give it a memory, which is what Kanata has been searching for in order to retrieve Noir's memories. Seeing as Alba's been in the Drifter game for a while I expected him to be an experienced Drifter and damn, he deserves that title of a Legendary Drifter. We get a little bit more information onto what Noir might be so slowly but surely we're getting closer and closer to finding out what she really is.

Sep 4, 2023 9:07 AM

Jul 2017
It's back to mecha action, and more monsters encountered, though it doesn't look good.

Kanata and Noir heading to Traders' Nest, it's a big shopping mall, ranging from Coffin equipment to mere human things like supermarkets. Kanata shops to his delight, though he finds the same mysterious guy and his Magus, which this Alba is fixing his Magus to recover memories. Sure enough, Alba largely ignores him (which is largely due to his inability to make friends), though his Amasia-type Magus Ada clears up his questions somewhat especially for Type Zeros like Noir.

Bringing both Kanata and Noir to their Carrier for more inspection, Alba reluctantly agrees to help Kanata see through her memories, with Parasitism Enders lurking at every corner. Their Bowie Rabbit Coffin, which comprises of mosly Amasia-origin parts, are well suited against the parasites, and their power is what makes them the legendary Drifter, for someone that had once decimated an entire nation.

Noir looks fine and all, but while her memories didn't occur anything new, it's her sleep mode that puts her into overdrive most of the time, and that's one indication that she was a prototype unit before the Type Zeroes were put out, though she works fine as a normal Magus.

Kanata will have to look after Noir carefully as Alba seeks answers to an unknown...
Sep 4, 2023 9:54 AM
Sep 2015
Apparently Alba and Ada are protagonists from the game (which take place before the anime).

This episode features the first human death, which shows that drifter occupation is not exactly riskless.
Sep 4, 2023 8:02 PM

Jan 2011
A slower episode but a good one. We learn a little mroe but still so many questions. I hope we see Alba and Ada again. This was nice episode where Kanata was seeking answers instead of just fighting. Those Enders...are legit fucking robot zombies and that's kind of awesome.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 4, 2023 8:58 PM

Jul 2012
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.
Sep 5, 2023 12:10 AM

Feb 2019
Neneaux said:
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

L I’m afraid. Don’t make Lena look bad. Respect peak
Sep 5, 2023 12:11 AM

Feb 2019
This was really cool since it’s the first time we’ve seen the game protagonists on screen. Lot of stuff we still don’t know about their origins that will have to play the game to get. I did enjoy the lore stuff, but no ciel:(

Kind of a slower episode. Didn’t feel like too much happened today besides the lore drops. Especially after all the romance and fanservice of the last couple episodes. But we did get learn a little about Noir’s overdrive issues. Felt like we came out of this one with more questions than answer tho.
Marinate1016Sep 5, 2023 12:18 AM
Sep 5, 2023 9:09 AM

Oct 2018
kanata was specifically told to stay with noir and then just decides, "Hey, lets walk out there to where a battle is going on without any gear or reason".
Sep 5, 2023 9:42 AM
Jul 2023
The memory exposition stuff was really confusing. I feel like it is the long term memory that should be fragmented and then, if the history retracing procedure be applied to it, it could restore the primary memory, which is what the magus has direct access to, and not the other way around as it was explained.

Oh well... maybe it is the translation fault and the original lines make more sense.
Sep 5, 2023 2:18 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to MellowGeekStudio
The memory exposition stuff was really confusing. I feel like it is the long term memory that should be fragmented and then, if the history retracing procedure be applied to it, it could restore the primary memory, which is what the magus has direct access to, and not the other way around as it was explained.

Oh well... maybe it is the translation fault and the original lines make more sense.
@MellowGeekStudio

I didn’t understand it at all and was going to ask for help ?

😅
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Sep 6, 2023 6:30 AM
Oct 2019
Here comes the ikemen character.

Hey, Ada voice by Yui Ishikawa...
Sep 6, 2023 5:49 PM

Dec 2022
Love to see that they still share mannerisms and timings from that whole sync thing!
Sep 6, 2023 10:06 PM

Jul 2020
Reply to phantomfandom
Apparently Alba and Ada are protagonists from the game (which take place before the anime).

This episode features the first human death, which shows that drifter occupation is not exactly riskless.
@phantomfandom has it been confirmed that the game takes place before the anime and not the other way around? It feels a bit strange to watch what's basically the sequel to something that hasn't even come out yet.
Sep 6, 2023 11:34 PM
Sep 2015
Reply to JustAnAnimeList
@phantomfandom has it been confirmed that the game takes place before the anime and not the other way around? It feels a bit strange to watch what's basically the sequel to something that hasn't even come out yet.
@JustAnAnimeList
Game 2222-2224
Anime 2242-
Sep 7, 2023 7:22 AM

Oct 2017
New guy is op and knows quite a lot about past techs. Noir's a prototype? Probably the key as mentioned before. I doubt things will be wrapped in just 3 episodes with how much there's left to explore. Unless they rush it and be done with it.
Sep 8, 2023 10:10 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to ejleon
@MellowGeekStudio

😅
ejleon said:

Haha, yeah. I don't think it made any sense.
Sep 11, 2023 2:44 AM

Mar 2008
Would make sense if Noir were a prototype but it may be she is more advanced than other magus just lacking the right parts she was built with because she was too ahead of the time in functionality i guess? That is the impression im getting.
Sep 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Apr 2020
So, Ada mentioned that Noir had lost her memory "too". But later, after Ada used her Magus Skill, Alba seemed excited to stop her from investigating the residuals. It made me think that Alba cares about someone else connected to Magus who has also lost her memory. And later, Alba told Kanata that Noir could use her Magus Skill if he had the ability to lighten the load. It seemed to correlate with Alba's behavior after the battle. I think something significant happened before, maybe in the game's ending. My speculation is that Ada sacrificed herself and Alba saved her, but in return, Ada's memory got reset.

In the end, Alba and Ada are keeping the test results a secret, and it turns out only Amasia's technology can access Magus's memories. And get this, the Black Army is somehow linked to Amasia's remnants. Also, It's like Alba doesn't even know what's going on with Paradise, Key, and the Black Army…

Sep 12, 2023 2:14 PM

Jan 2012
series started nice but quickly became trash
rising prices on food? really?
Nov 4, 2023 6:39 AM

Nov 2019
The mystery deepens. I like it.
Nov 29, 2023 6:33 PM

Dec 2022
The way those Parasitism Enders take control of the mechs is gnarly, at least in comparison to the usual violence in this anime.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2023

31 by Lanz »»
May 17, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Jul 10, 2023

51 by Lanz »»
May 15, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2023

27 by Satan_A »»
Mar 23, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 11, 2023

15 by parzxval »»
Mar 7, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 24, 2023

39 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Jan 22, 6:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.