Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 3, 2023 9:56 AM

Jul 2016
Revenge plan aborted, rivalry with Kanetsugu is over and surprisingly no sign of hard feelings towards Yoshino. Makabe Masamune certainly has no enemies.
Aug 3, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2019
Finally, the truth has been revealed. I'm happy that their dating for real this time, all that's left is for them to grow together
Aug 4, 2023 8:35 AM
Sep 2020
N now they're in a relationship !! finally
Aug 4, 2023 2:52 PM
Jan 2021
Ruim pra krl!!! Esse anime, essa história é uma bosta! É horroroso!
Aug 5, 2023 12:20 PM

May 2018
We are getting somewhere now.
I want to find out more about Kowai the maid backstory, need to know what is the real reason as the pigfood story from previous episode seems partial truth or just a false answer. 

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Aug 6, 2023 12:50 AM

Oct 2020
Can't lie, not feeling safe with this series, feels like it's throwing curve ball after curve ball. I find it interesting how the series at this point sort of ends a lot of the conflicts leftover from season 1. We find out the truth that Yoshino was the one who named Makabe 'Pig's Foot' but was so torn up about it that he's actually forgiven her for all the trauma; and now Makabe is dating Aki and Gasou can finally stop acting like a boy and be the girl she actually is (I began to suspect this the moment that chest wrapping was seen while they were in Paris) and is quite cute with her hair accessory now.

I guess I'm wondering now what can make 7 episodes. It seems something is up with Yoshino given this week's ending. Perhaps that can fill the series out but I don't know for sure.
zdeisterreviewsAug 6, 2023 12:58 AM
Aug 7, 2023 4:03 AM

Jul 2017
Hoo boy, the true confrontation of the Masamunes: Makabe vs. Gasou, trying to get Aki's trust.

The revenge game reaches its climax with both guys duking it out and revealing the true Pig's Foot, the truth has come out to light, even as Gasou continues his fabrication of lies. Gasou retreats too easily, though he left both Aki and Masamune in pure awkwardness. Despite the Ikemen-style that Masamune put out earlier, Aki reluctantly allowed herself to date him, and Gasou need not put up his wall of lies anymore. That said, Aki still has the same annoying personality from beforehand, and what's Masamune to do now?

Getting random girls as dates for Christmas, Masamune tries to play good, though his rumour of dating Aki has made its rounds around school. Of course, Fujinomiya picks the time to also lament about her situation, but also enjoy this relationship mess that's no different in school as her errand boy. With Gasou relinquishing her mansion to pay for his sister's medical expenses, she still pokes fun at Masamune and picks the food meant for Zebra-sama, and they pick on each other for their food choices. Masamune clearly going for a kiss with Aki there, and Yoshino came at an abrupt time for him to flee away, only to find hives on his arm.

Yoshino has her fair share of sins to contend as well, though Masamune does not completely blame her. And the final task: celebrating Aki's birthday on Christmas Eve, though at the expense of her cutting all contact with him. Sneaky...
Aug 7, 2023 9:41 PM
May 2023
Bro really have no enemies anymore
Aug 8, 2023 11:50 AM
Oct 2020
Wtf he got chicken pox or something now? Also that random girl that asked him out was actually cute. and did he really just leave her with a bottle of left over water
Aug 8, 2023 1:59 PM
Mar 2018
Finally Masamune and Aki are a couple! Took them long enough. The scenes between teh two were really cute and I hope we'll see many cute moments between the two in teh following episodes without too much drama. It's weird not to blame Yoshino as she clearly was at fault for the misunderstanding between Masamune and Aki but I get that he wants some help with dating Aki as they're both new to dating and she wants to go for food but he doesn't want to gain weight. I wonder if we gonna see more episodes with Gassou and if she'll tell Aki the truth aswell.
Aug 8, 2023 9:54 PM

Mar 2007
Fantasylord2205 said:
AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE FATSO IS A WOMEN?????????????

Right?? OMFG I felt like an idiot when that was revealed, I bet all the manga readers are secretly snickering. I mean there was no indication that I can recall where pure anime watchers could have known Gasou was female. And at the lunch line, why did it look like she aged up 10 years?? Is it the lunch lady outfit?
Aug 8, 2023 10:11 PM

Jan 2017
Stormy_77 said:
Is it me or did anyone else get a feeling of immense relief from this episode?

Gasou is a girl, now she's sold her house, freed her family from debt, can live as a girl without all the lies and pretending anymore. This must be such a relief not to mention so much less stressful.

Masamune doesn't have to keep up with the insane revenge plot. He kept the maid's secret. 

Aki is now trying to "fatten him up." Not sure how I feel about that. Masamune is going to need to set some boundaries.

And Yoshino gives Masamune some final advice before deciding to cut ties. This is frankly, for the best because 
1. Their relationship is weirdly co-dependent
2. She might have feelings for Masamune, feelings that he might reciproccate
3. Them continuing to be friends will just .... lead to all kinds of unnecessary complications if either catches feelings, or if Aki finds them both in some compromising position either physically or emotionally.

Frankly, it's nice to have all those feelings of Relief just wash over me. The tension was kind of crazy, all around.

i wouldn't say i felt relieved from this episode. but i guess if you felt attached to the characters in this show then seeing all this drama and plot points get somewhat resolved is relieving. masamune not having to continue taking revenge has left him with ambivalent feelings over it since all those years of working out have now been a waste. we also learn in the new episode today that Aki values masamune's previous physical appearance because of how much she cherishes the events of the past. on the other hand, masamune doesn't feel that way and rather not revert back to his fatty self.
Aug 8, 2023 10:27 PM

Mar 2007
KawaiiTendou said:
Stormy_77 said:
Is it me or did anyone else get a feeling of immense relief from this episode?

Gasou is a girl, now she's sold her house, freed her family from debt, can live as a girl without all the lies and pretending anymore. This must be such a relief not to mention so much less stressful.

Masamune doesn't have to keep up with the insane revenge plot. He kept the maid's secret. 

Aki is now trying to "fatten him up." Not sure how I feel about that. Masamune is going to need to set some boundaries.

And Yoshino gives Masamune some final advice before deciding to cut ties. This is frankly, for the best because 
1. Their relationship is weirdly co-dependent
2. She might have feelings for Masamune, feelings that he might reciproccate
3. Them continuing to be friends will just .... lead to all kinds of unnecessary complications if either catches feelings, or if Aki finds them both in some compromising position either physically or emotionally.

Frankly, it's nice to have all those feelings of Relief just wash over me. The tension was kind of crazy, all around.

i wouldn't say i felt relieved from this episode. but i guess if you felt attached to the characters in this show then seeing all this drama and plot points get somewhat resolved is relieving. masamune not having to continue taking revenge has left him with ambivalent feelings over it since all those years of working out have now been a waste. we also learn in the new episode today that Aki values masamune's previous physical appearance because of how much she cherishes the events of the past. on the other hand, masamune doesn't feel that way and rather not revert back to his fatty self.
As much as I enjoy some tension from watching anime, I was more angry that Yoshiono's past actions really messed up both Masamune AND Aki! Plus the Gasou situation was nuts. Cross dressing, boob binding and pretending to be a man? I don't even know how far Gasou was going to take this, till marriage? What would have happened when Aki found out he is a she and lied? World war 3 ... BOOOM, they don't call her Cruel Princess for nothing!

Agree about Masamune's old appearance being what Aki values. Just because the revenge plot is (somewhat) done, doesn't mean there aren't other issues in their relationship, issues caused by Yoshiono's past actions. Still plenty of Drama to come. This is not what I would consider a fluffy romance, not at all.
Aug 8, 2023 11:35 PM
May 2023
Best episode so far not going to lie
Aug 9, 2023 9:18 AM

Jan 2017
Stormy_77 said:
KawaiiTendou said:

As much as I enjoy some tension from watching anime, I was more angry that Yoshiono's past actions really messed up both Masamune AND Aki! Plus the Gasou situation was nuts. Cross dressing, boob binding and pretending to be a man? I don't even know how far Gasou was going to take this, till marriage? What would have happened when Aki found out he is a she and lied? World war 3 ... BOOOM, they don't call her Cruel Princess for nothing!

Agree about Masamune's old appearance being what Aki values. Just because the revenge plot is (somewhat) done, doesn't mean there aren't other issues in their relationship, issues caused by Yoshiono's past actions. Still plenty of Drama to come. This is not what I would consider a fluffy romance, not at all.

LOL would have been hilarious if gasou took this to marriage. when it's time to have kids...heh
but seems gasou was probably going to call it off the moment he gets the money to help her sister, which probably wouldn't go as far as having to marry aki. either way, i'm sure aki would have gone and started WWIII anyway. she'd lose her trust again if masamune in the form of gasou left her.
Aug 9, 2023 10:53 AM

Mar 2007
KawaiiTendou said:
Stormy_77 said:

LOL would have been hilarious if gasou took this to marriage. when it's time to have kids...heh
but seems gasou was probably going to call it off the moment he gets the money to help her sister, which probably wouldn't go as far as having to marry aki. either way, i'm sure aki would have gone and started WWIII anyway. she'd lose her trust again if masamune in the form of gasou left her.

Hahaha imagine the wedding night, "Honey, SURPRISE!!!" But seriously at some point won't they need to "fill out paperwork" and then this would have been discovered. Who knows what Aki and her parents would have done then? Sweep it under the carpet because "shame"?
Aug 11, 2023 12:40 PM

Sep 2018
It seems the only person really hurting bad after all of that is Yoshino, which is appropriate I'd say.

Kanetsugu's resolution was a bit simplistic but she was only ever a side character.

What's good to see is Masamune's reaction to these two, for someone "Hell Bent" on revenge up to now, he's just too nice (and a bit too dumb!!).

I did like that Aki has slotted right in with mom and sis in trying to fatten him up a bit.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 11, 2023 2:16 PM
Nov 2019
Honestly the plot is quite invigorating considering the narrative keeps getting progressively more interesting leading to community to ponder what might happen next.
Aug 11, 2023 4:44 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
These vengeful fat guys are the worst kind of anime characters..

Aug 13, 2023 4:01 AM

Dec 2013
They are finally dating! Although it really doesn't seem like either of them have romantic feelings for the other. At least not their current selves. Fattening him up won't return him to who he was before!

Kanetsugu feels a lot more likable now that she's not pretending to be Masamune anymore.
Aug 13, 2023 4:14 AM

Sep 2018
G_Spark233 said:
... it really doesn't seem like either of them have romantic feelings for the other. At least not their current selves. Fattening him up won't return him to who he was before!

Interesting thought...

I think they do have romantic feelings for each other as they are now but suddenly seeing each other in a different light has messed those feelings up.

Aug 13, 2023 4:16 AM

Sep 2018
ryo-san said:
These vengeful fat guys are the worst kind of anime characters..

Correct... only thin vengeance is acceptable!!

Aug 19, 2023 5:30 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
dude living the kife if your typical romcom MC already.
Aug 20, 2023 1:26 PM

Nov 2016
All the revelations and progression make it so much easier to enjoy this season. To be fair, tho, I don't remember all that much of S1 anymore.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2023 8:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I mildly disliked Kanetsugu first season and even with the explanations given now, i don't care about this character, glad this plotline is done and over.
Sep 3, 2023 10:02 PM
Aug 2023
so happy that Masamune and Aki are finally dating. hopefully the allergic reaction doesn't get in the way...
Sep 7, 2023 2:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fake Masamune looks kinda cute in her girl looks but the very boyish voice sounds so weird now. And now it's getting something, finally going out together and she wants him to get as fat as before xD
Sep 27, 2023 12:00 AM
Dec 2022
Looks like all is well and Gaso got a job at school canteen. Plus outed as a girl. Sure no one see that coming.
Sep 27, 2023 6:22 AM
Sep 2023
Did not expect the fake to be a woman.
Sep 28, 2023 5:26 PM

Sep 2023
Can someone tell me, is it true in manga that Gasou was a girl for the whole time? Then why did she looked more like a guy in first season?
LessThanAnimeFanSep 28, 2023 5:32 PM
Oct 1, 2023 1:10 PM
Sep 2023
showing this show some love
Oct 1, 2023 2:25 PM
Oct 2023
my mans got the anxiety pox
Nov 24, 2023 7:17 AM
Jan 2018
So many seasonal anime I had to catch up to, put this masterpiece on hold….. until now, lol. Anyhow, we’re getting near to where the manga finished, interested to see how the anime will differ in certain scenes, hmm 🤔
Jan 27, 4:32 AM

Nov 2019
I would have gone with Fujinomiya or Yoshino. Aki has too many issues
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2023

134 by Bobbycheeks »»
Apr 10, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2023

167 by DemonChicken123 »»
Apr 9, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2023

76 by MrSkeleton07 »»
Mar 29, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2023

170 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 14, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2023

118 by Dante9231 »»
Jan 27, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.