Forum Settings
Forums

Summer Anime ☀️ About Me Contest: Win 3 months of MAL Supporter

New
Jul 18, 2023 1:36 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
The contest is now over! Check out the winners here.

Summer Anime ☀️ About Me Contest
Dress up your profile with this season's anime for your chance to win!

Entry Deadline
Post in the entry thread by July 31 23:59 PDT

Winners Announced
At least 3 winners will be chosen by August 4!

How to Participate
  1. Pick one anime from the list of eligible titles below.
  2. Find an official image of the anime or source material to use in your design.
  3. Select either a Standard or Holiday theme from the Modern About Me Design tool.
  4. Decorate your modern about me with your anime of choice!
  5. Enter your profile into the contest by clicking the link at the end of this thread.

What You Can Do
  • Get creative! Ranking sections are only available on Standard/Holiday themes, so use them to showcase the anime or your tastes/hobbies.
  • Apply filters on official art to give a specific look, or design your own header image featuring the official characters.
  • Enable or disable any sections you like.

What You Cannot Do
  • Enter using the Classic About Me.
  • Use fanart (unless you draw it yourself).
  • Represent the anime as a way to hate on it or its characters.

Eligible Anime - https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2023/summer
  • TV (New) - All titles
  • TV (Continuing) - Edens Zero 2nd Season, Ao no Orchestra, Niehime to Kemono no Ou, Chiikawa
  • ONA - Shiguang Dailiren II, Shuumatsu no Walküre II Part 2, Tonikaku Kawaii: Joshikou-hen, Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre 2nd Season, Bastard!! Ankoku no Hakaishin Season 2
  • Special - Fate/strange Fake: Whispers of Dawn, 5-toubun no Hanayome∽
  • Movie/OVA - None

KinetaAug 3, 2023 4:23 PM
Jul 20, 2023 11:02 PM

Dec 2020
Oh, interesting 🙄...!

-set by Araberu
◇─◇──◇─◇
♚Collection
♚Anime List
♚Manga list

◇─◇──◇─◇
Jul 20, 2023 11:27 PM

Sep 2010
The idea is good but why only those few eligible anime? Why no Pokémon which just started airing recently? Why no Ayakashi Triangle which is still currently airing?

You can basically only choose between 20 different isekai anime, not a great selection. At least let us take anime from last and next season too where there's actually good ones.
ateksJul 21, 2023 1:34 PM
Jul 21, 2023 12:22 AM
Aug 2020
Do my rankings also have to be about the animes airing this season or they can feature any anime?
Jul 21, 2023 1:12 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MrTranAnh said:
Do my rankings also have to be about the animes airing this season or they can feature any anime?

No, your rankings do not have to be about anime that are airing this season. You can see in the first example that Kineta did not use her rankings to display more of the anime she chose (Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon).
Jul 21, 2023 1:18 AM
Feb 2023
Where can I find an official image?
Jul 21, 2023 2:38 AM

Sep 2010
GokuDLuffy45 said:

https://www.zerochan.net
https://gelbooru.com
https://danbooru.donmai.us

Use the title of the anime together with "official_art"

Notice: these websites also contain NSFW images.
Jul 21, 2023 4:43 AM
Dec 2021
I like that continuing anime are also eligible! I'll try to participate :D
Jul 21, 2023 7:34 AM
Feb 2023
How to add links that can be clicked in profile??
Jul 21, 2023 7:44 AM
Feb 2023
ateks said:
GokuDLuffy45 said:

https://www.zerochan.net
https://gelbooru.com
https://danbooru.donmai.us

Use the title of the anime together with "official_art"

Notice: these websites also contain NSFW images.
Hey bro, but I'm not getting official art of ZOM 100 on any of them.
Jul 21, 2023 7:48 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@GokuDLuffy45

I would suggest checking out the official Twitter for the anime (linked on the anime page on MAL). They often post official art there, but also screenshots from the episode or other promotional images (for example, art drawn by other famous mangaka to celebrate the anime).

How to add links that can be clicked in profile??
Right now, links can only be clicked if you attach them to a Ranking image. More text customization is something we'd like to address in the future.
Jul 22, 2023 4:21 AM

Jul 2021
Kineta said:
Eligible Anime - https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2023/summer

TV (New) - All titles
    TV (Continuing) - Edens Zero 2nd Season, Ao no Orchestra, Niehime to Kemono no Ou, Chiikawa
    ONA - Shiguang Dailiren II, Shuumatsu no Walküre II Part 2, Tonikaku Kawaii: Joshikou-hen, Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre 2nd Season, Bastard!! Ankoku no Hakaishin Season 2
    Special - Fate/strange Fake: Whispers of Dawn, 5-toubun no Hanayome∽
    Movie/OVA - None
hmm interesting. will try my luck here.
and uh i don't see mushoku tensei mentioned in eligible titles, is it or it isn't?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 22, 2023 5:42 AM

Jul 2021
fausifahrial said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
and uh i don't see mushoku tensei mentioned in eligible titles, is it or it isn't?
She entered the TV (NEW) category ^.^
fausifahrial said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
She entered the TV (NEW) category ^.^
ah i see. i was confused because it's mushoku tensei season 2 as well.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 22, 2023 10:22 AM

Jan 2016
is "my happy marriage" theme free to claim cus i cant find it?
Jul 22, 2023 11:05 AM

Feb 2023
Ei_Sei said:
Yes, you should be fine with "My Happy Marriage" as a theme. It's one of the new TV anime.
Every Summer 2023 Anime from the category "TV (New)" and a selection from the other categories are eligible.
Jul 22, 2023 11:51 AM

Jan 2016
Vaturna said:
Ei_Sei said:
Yes, you should be fine with "My Happy Marriage" as a theme. It's one of the new TV anime.
Every Summer 2023 Anime from the category "TV (New)" and a selection from the other categories are eligible.
no no. i was asking if the theme is free to claim like other seasonal themes? cus for each season they gave like 3 free themes to claim i think.
Jul 22, 2023 5:02 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@Ei_Sei This thread is about making your own Summer Anime theme using the Standard/Holiday templates. Could you have a quick read of the first post again for more information, please?
Jul 24, 2023 3:43 AM
Apr 2022
Admin...Is it okay if I take a screenshot that someone else has edited anywhere like pinterest or twitter?
Jul 24, 2023 9:24 PM
May 2019
idk man
Jul 25, 2023 5:59 PM

May 2023
Query: In the post to enter the contest, it is required to mention the Theme. My header image is custom-made, so should I write custom in the Theme section or "Black-Smoke" which is the base Modern About Me Design theme?
Jul 26, 2023 3:20 AM
Jul 26, 2023 12:57 PM

Nov 2018
Although I'm ineligible for this competition, I've just finished my About Me section and I wish to share it with people: https://myanimelist.net/profile/_cjessop19_

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 26, 2023 1:57 PM

Nov 2016
Good luck to the participants. Shame that classic designs are ineligible as they have more personality in my eyes.

_cjessop19_ said:
Although I'm ineligible for this competition, I've just finished my About Me section and I wish to share it with people: https://myanimelist.net/profile/_cjessop19_

Looks nice but maybe you should make the about me section text boxes all fit over the "read more" tab. Or does it look different on different devices? And I hope I'm not derailing the thread too much.
Jul 27, 2023 2:11 AM

May 2023
Luchipher747432 said:
Query: In the post to enter the contest, it is required to mention the Theme. My header image is custom-made, so should I write custom in the Theme section or "Black-Smoke" which is the base Modern About Me Design theme?

Can anyone answer this??
Jul 27, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2023
Luchipher747432 said:
Even though your header takes up most of your About Me section you don't use a custom background image. Just going by the formalities I would suggest writing "Dark Smoke" for the theme. You can still add a note that you're using a special, custom-made header. That would probably be the correct way to do it.

(I'm not an admin for this contest though)
Jul 28, 2023 3:55 PM

Jun 2020
Is it possible to customize the background? 
Jul 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Feb 2023
@LotusTolba  yes, you can change the background image/pattern to "My Image" and upload an image of your own.
It's mentioned in the entries thread that you're allowed to change backgrounds for the contest. Just write "Theme: custom" in your entry if you do so.

The "Coral Line" theme you're currently using looks pretty nice as well. But if you have an image that looks good either covering the whole background or as a repeating pattern, use it :)
Jul 29, 2023 6:59 PM

Jun 2020
Vaturna said:
@LotusTolba  yes, you can change the background image/pattern to "My Image" and upload an image of your own.
It's mentioned in the entries thread that you're allowed to change backgrounds for the contest. Just write "Theme: custom" in your entry if you do so.

The "Coral Line" theme you're currently using looks pretty nice as well. But if you have an image that looks good either covering the whole background or as a repeating pattern, use it :)
Vaturna said:

About the background maybe it's editable only for MAL Supporters as i tried different themes to make sure but couldn't change it in any of 'em.

thanks Vaturna (●'◡'●)🤍, yea i felt like it wasn't that good to put but were not sure so i have changed it now hope you tell me your thoughts☆☆

btw yours looks pretty nice too and liked the  " Should get an anime" & " want a second season" sections looks like i'll make similar ones too, hope you don't mind it  (^///^)
+ which anime is the Red-haired girl from?
Jul 29, 2023 11:03 PM
RMX_90
May 2022
I can't open About me Design
Jul 29, 2023 11:19 PM

Feb 2023
@LotusTolba  I completely forgot that you can't edit the design if you're not a supporter. You're right -_-
I wrote a comment on your profile page about your current design.

Feel free to copy or adapt anything you see on my profile (except for images) <3 The characters are from The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior. The girl is the main character, the villainess of an otome game, but because of reincarnation she's good now.
Jul 30, 2023 8:31 AM

Jun 2020
Vaturna said:
@LotusTolba  I completely forgot that you can't edit the design if you're not a supporter. You're right -_-
I wrote a comment on your profile page about your current design.

Feel free to copy or adapt anything you see on my profile (except for images) <3 The characters are from The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior. The girl is the main character, the villainess of an otome game, but because of reincarnation she's good now.
oh okay i'll check it up 
thanks! i took a look at that anime's info and it looks like it got manhwas vibes and theme so i'll give it a try 👀

More topics from this board

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
3 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
11 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.