Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2023 9:32 AM
Feb 2022
Can someone explain who is the other woman in the locked room whose brain is attached to the monster? or like its some other woman that isnt revealed yet?
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 AM
Nov 2018
I kinda wish we got to know Robin's motives because now he just seems to be a villain for no reason and it didn't serve anything other than shock value.

Regarding Tokio and the kids, why did the teachers separate the Twins? Were they going to give one to Tokio and Kona? Also, are the kids the one who started the destruction of Japan? I kinda wish we had questions to this but I know everything can't be told in 13 episodes. Overall, it's a decent episode but definitely not the best.
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 AM

Jun 2012
10/10 My favourite of the season. I've enjoyed everything about Tengoku Daimakyou so I can forgive all the loose ends. Maru and Kiruko's story has stopped at a nice point at least. It was satisfying to see Robin get the crap beat out of him.

I really hope we do get a season 2 even in a few years. If not, I guess I'll read the manga when it's finished. 
N☆ 

Jun 24, 2023 9:46 AM

Oct 2008
This is the first time I've been confused by the plot of a show like this (intentionally by the writer) since Eva. 
WP
Jun 24, 2023 9:48 AM
May 2023
misfit25 said:
misfit25 said:

oh my god pls what the f is happening, did i miss something in eps 8?

never fcking mind, holy crap i just realized, damn

Go back and watch those episodes with your new found knowledge. Including the scene where Shiro confronts Mimihime about the nude picture he received of her. She’s basically been in fear of her future.
Jun 24, 2023 9:54 AM
Apr 2021
When will the second season be?
Jun 24, 2023 9:58 AM
Jun 2022
The part after the cast list was a bit strange, I didn't understand how we got there
Also, he quickly got over what happened in the previous episodes

But overall 10/8,5

SEASON 2 WHERE ARE YOU?!
Jun 24, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2015
i expected something more interesting and complex 5/10
Jun 24, 2023 10:15 AM

Oct 2019
solid 9/10, vinland saga may be an even better show, but this is for sure my favourite anime this year.

I wrote a review on it, give it a read if you care to see my full thoughts
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 24, 2023 10:21 AM
Aug 2019
nice episode still lots of mystery to uncover
Jun 24, 2023 10:26 AM
Jan 2017
this episode was so anticlimactic what the hell
Jun 24, 2023 10:26 AM

Feb 2023
The series ended and we still know nothing lol

Shiro looking fine! Is he called shiro because his hair is white?

nanashi796 said:
i expected something more interesting and complex 5/10

The anime was certainly something. Specially the first episodes. Pretty much every fight was amazing but the plot was too full of mystery. The whole thing started with kiruko and maru trying to find heaven and it ended with them trying to find heaven. On the other hand the hiruko side got complete development but they still don't tie together!

Mcfeeley said:
misfit25 said:

never fcking mind, holy crap i just realized, damn

Go back and watch those episodes with your new found knowledge.  Including the scene where Shiro confronts Mimihime about the nude picture he received of her.  She’s basically been in fear of her future.

Did you guys notice this btw?

Jun 24, 2023 10:28 AM
Dec 2021
Jun 24, 2023 10:29 AM
Jul 2021
Loved it, definitely one of the most re-watchable shows i have ever seen
Jun 24, 2023 10:36 AM
Jun 2020
well, what can i say? i expect more from the episode but it wasn't bad. I fell kind of disappointed about his first season because i saw an pottencial in it and it didn't fulfill my expectations.
Jun 24, 2023 10:44 AM

Mar 2015
in the end nothing made fucking sense. what a pile of crap
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Aaaand, that's a... wrap? Honestly, this show there hasn't been a single episode where I've finished watching an episode without questions piling up. This might be confusing on a Sonny Boy level and the ending wasn't that conclusive.

In any case, as an adaptation it's great. From the detailed and refined animation in the fights, actions scenes, background, opening sequence and character expressions, there's a lot to gush about. The music is also quite commendable and there are a lot of shocking and funny scenes throughout its runtime. The VAs certainly did a good number on it.

Furthermore, the show is more raw and enigmatic than I initially gave it credit and that makes it all the more rewatchable. I probably will need to do that since the weakest part has to do with the fact that by the end I don't quite get how it all comes together. By in a second run my rating score increases but for now that's just a theory.... A GAM-sorry, AN ANIME THEORY.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 2021
I wish Maru would've cut robin's balls off but still nice episode.
im still confused on a lot of things but i hope season 2 comes out soon :)
Jun 24, 2023 10:45 AM
May 2021
This show was perfect man. I hope they will maintain the same quality in S2. Well time to go read the manga next!
Jun 24, 2023 10:55 AM
Nov 2021
Another breathtaking episode. Revealed a lot. Ended with many unanswered questions and cliffhangers. Can't wait for the next season!!!
Jun 24, 2023 10:55 AM
Oct 2022
total masterpiece
Jun 24, 2023 10:59 AM
May 2014
so, the 2 separate groups the anime was showing are in different time periods? (Tokio and the other kids / Maru and Kiruko)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2023 11:02 AM
May 2023
kanata44 said:
The series ended and we still know nothing lol

Did you guys notice this btw?

Yes I noticed… Shiro and Mimihime’s life together starting together as it ended. Very circular and poetic.

Tbh I’m fine with the answers we got so far as long as we get more seasons. It definitely ended setting up another season.
Jun 24, 2023 11:05 AM

May 2015
Maru went full berserek. Too bad he didnt kill robin,.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 24, 2023 11:15 AM

Apr 2016
Such a solid show, any news of season 2?
Also don't know if spoiler but

Jun 24, 2023 11:19 AM

Apr 2021
Definitely an impressive adaptation. Will probably in my top 10 for a long time. Really liked the direction, the music is pretty good too.
Jun 24, 2023 11:21 AM

Feb 2023
Nate77 said:
Such a solid show, any news of season 2?
Also don't know if spoiler but

That's heavily hinted yes. Mimihime even gives Shiro the button the doctor was holding in hand before he shot himself. In this episode his hairstyle even looks a bit like the doctor!
Jun 24, 2023 11:23 AM
Oct 2020
Should've killed Robin 100%
Jun 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Aug 2017
So, no real consequences for the horrible thing Robid did. I guess that Kiruko, as he is not really (or I should say "yet") his sister, can't quite comprehend what being raped is or how to value his sister's virginity (if she was; I don't really know). Plus, Robid survided the (quite slow and dramatic) beating and walked away. I guess he will be the main antagonist of the next season. Because there will be a next season, right? The end scene was filled with unresolved plot points and was open ended.

Overall, I would say I liked the show. If I hadn't liked then I wouldn't have watched it to completion, but the vagueness of the last few episodes (or perhaps the entire series) left me with no emotion. I'm not happy about how things resolved (because they didn't), nor I am really sad about what happened (nobody actually died, not even the evil Director). I'm not Hitchcockian-dreading what's about to come, either.

I guess 7/10 is the score I give it.
Jun 24, 2023 11:35 AM
Jun 2016
It didn't feel like everything would wrap up in one episode. But I wasn't expecting an opening to a sequel. I guess manga readers knew and whatever. It seemed since the mystery of how Heaven led to the apocalypse was almost all but fully implied. But now I guess the story will continue to follow the children of Heaven on the outside.

I feel like the tragic twist of their fate has kind of left itself out in the open. I can't imagine them continuing to drag the dramatic weight of these children's fate for an entire additional season. The moment when I "realized" already happened to me. But there's plenty more they can do with both stories and I'm excited to see where that leads. I'm very satisfied with the ending all things considered. It did not feel like this oppressive cliffhanger looming over me causing me to feel a want for immediate catharsis at all.

No character felt wasted. Beautiful sense for both tension and comedic timing. No plot point is introduced too immediately or convolutedly. Immaculate visual direction and fantastic dialogue; a kind of dialogue/mannerisms that feels rare for many serious anime.
Jun 24, 2023 11:40 AM

Dec 2016
Truly amazing finale. The series as a whole was a true rollercoaster ride, from fun and charming moments, to very action packed moments to gut wrenching revelations.

This is the kind of show that should be the benchmark when it comes to making a split story among the protagonists (author of Kumoko should be taking notes). The small revelations with the kids in the facilities were always breath taking and at the same time, the outside world expanding on it's own with Maru and Kiruko was just as intriguing and exciting that it was so hard to endure on every single cliffhanger.

Props to the author for making Robin show up his true colors at the very end rather than give hints early on that he was always among the top threats for Kiruko and Maru.

The last sequence with Mimihime and the other 3 being rescued by boat and dragged to actually a functioning civilization it's such a huge teaser. Lets hope that there's a season 2 planned along the road, but not so soon that it would hinder the benchmark they set for animation production.

There's a nice parallel between this and the finale of The Walking Dead season 1. In both series the protagonists reach what it could be considered a safe haven against the harsh post apocalypse world, but due to major circumstances they must abandon it and take the road once again.

For me this was an easy pick as my AOTS and it might be a strong contender for my anime of the year.
Jun 24, 2023 11:40 AM
Aug 2021
quero mais 1 temporada
Jun 24, 2023 11:41 AM
Apr 2016
cristinacke28 said:
so, the 2 separate groups the anime was showing are in different time periods? (Tokio and the other kids / Maru and Kiruko)
yep
i believe we don t really know much more than that, we don t know what happened between the two time periods
Jun 24, 2023 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
9/10 

without the rape its a 10/10
Jun 24, 2023 11:51 AM

Mar 2008
#13 Fim

Independente da opinião do Kiruko, era para matar.
Não só por motivos pessoais, mas porque novamente o episódio revelou que esse Robin é ainda mais perigoso do que parece. E novamente, difícil argumentar que esse episódio novamente não dei mais indício, se é que não provou, que foi o Robin quem matou a Kiriko.

A conversa e declaração do Maru depois foi bonitinha.

Infelizmente a história está pela metade...
Muito mistério foi respondido (para quem prestou atenção) mas muitos outros ainda sem resposta, naturalmente.
Me surpreendi que Tokio afinal parece ter algum "poder". E será que ela vai perceber que recebeu o bebê errado? Pelo menos, o bebê que recebeu não foi o Maru, certo? E assumimos que o Maru é o original... mas talvez... isso não importe. Talvez esse detalhe seja apenas um paralelo narrativo com o Kiruko. Os dois não sabem quem são, não tem certeza da identidade deles, mas no fim não importa e esse mistério pode nunca ter resposta.

Enfim, pelo visto parece que é mais um que terei que ir ler o mangá porque uma segunda temporada vai demorar.
Jun 24, 2023 11:51 AM
Aug 2016
This anime confuses me alot.
Jun 24, 2023 11:52 AM

Aug 2022
I feel like this is a great ending for the first season. I really hope that we get a second one. Also I just want to say that this anime surprised me a lot since I didn't expect much when I started watching it, but it turned out to be great.
UnknownGhost5Jun 24, 2023 11:56 AM
Jun 24, 2023 12:05 PM

Jan 2017
Why isn't that scumbag dead ??

I hope this anime never gets a season 2 and the manga gets cancelled.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jun 24, 2023 12:07 PM
Nov 2021
Ending was just perfection

Jun 24, 2023 12:15 PM

May 2012
No season 2 announcement ?? I hope it get one !

Rexnihilo said:
Should've killed Robin 100%

He saved her life from knife attack (episode 3 flashback after 1min)... They are even now
Jun 24, 2023 12:18 PM

Apr 2021
For the one singular person in MAL who has Robin listed as one of their favorite characters: you are sick and shouldn't be allowed in society
Jun 24, 2023 12:18 PM
Nov 2021
To watch on repeat

Jun 24, 2023 12:24 PM

Apr 2018
Kiruko's actions are so predictable, it's like any other girl who's blinded by the person they "love". I loved how Maru took no time to beat that shithole into pieces. He deserved every single punch and should have died, but yeah.. Aside from that, it's a good ending IG. I'm very interested in the boat trip to the main island that the other kinds are taking after they discovered the outside.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 24, 2023 12:29 PM
Dec 2021
the build up for the questions I get from watching the last ep goes to the limit, I can't wait to see S2
Jun 24, 2023 12:35 PM

Jan 2019
Maru taking out all those goons was so good, I was giddy with laughter as he did that Michael Myers stalk down the hallway after Robin.

Not sure I like where the other plotline left off though, felt like they ran out of time.

Overall still a 10/10 show for me, really hope it gets a sequel!

Jun 24, 2023 12:40 PM

Apr 2023
What a fantastic show. I really liked how this first season ended, answering some questions but leaving some for what's to come. Fck Robin man, thank God, Maru was there. The escene where Mimi gives Shiro the pin almost broke me.

I love the amount of little details in the series, I feel like if I decide to rewatch the whole season, I'll find something new in every episode.

I loved the characters, the story, the music, the visuals, the voice acting, everything was so well done. Kudos to everyone working on this project, you people created some of the most unique animes. And of course, thanks to the mangaka as well.

This series is a solid 10/10.
Definitely recommend if you're trying to see a good thriller.
The only downside, we'll have to wait a couple of years for S2.
Jun 24, 2023 12:48 PM
Dec 2018
People are mad Kiruko told Mary not to kill Robin but I think people are missing what that moment meant for both of those characters
For Kiruko, Robin had betrayed her and raped her, and make no mistake she didn’t lie to herself afterwards to Robin was in anyway a good person.
But beforehand, Maru had been upset by what happened with Dr Usami and believed that all he could do was harm and kill. She couldn’t let him now cross that line and deal with intentionally killing someone, even a sack of shit like Robin
Jun 24, 2023 12:58 PM

Mar 2008
Deixar aqui registrado uma aposta para o restante da história.
Tendo visto o Shiro adulto sabemos que nem todas as crianças ficam doentes, ou pelo menos elas podem viver ainda muitos anos sem ter nenhum problema de saúde.
Por causa disso acredito que veremos esses dois, Taka e Anzu, no futuro (em forma humana).

E aproveitando, o que foi que aconteceu e vimos acontecer na academia permanece um mistério, afinal, foi ou não causado por aquela IA?
A Academia sofreu um ataque externo, mas não havia ninguém no lado de fora para entrar? Afinal, foi a IA que independentemente dos humanos avisou as crianças sobre o "teste"? Ou foram os humanos, aparentemente um grupo de funcionários rebeldes liderados pelo Sawatari e Aoshima quem derrubou o sistema, usou o robô para falar com as crianças e foi responsável pelo "ataque"?
Não dá para saber se a IA está tomando decisões sozinha ou não, quando a diretora pediu para o robô tomar o bebê da Tokio parecia o momento de ser revelado que o robô não iria obedecer, mas na verdade obedeceu sem problemas.
Parece que o autor só quer responder esse mistério no final da história.
Mas se eu posso ter pelo menos uma certeza sobre isso, seria sobre o "teste".
Eu tenho a impressão de que o Shiro passou no texto revelando o amor dele pela Mimihime.

Jun 24, 2023 1:08 PM

Mar 2008
MrHunterxHunter said:
that locked room tho...Robin really was sick in the head raping that other woman wow

Makes you question of those other missing people from many episodes ago were also his working.
Jun 24, 2023 1:15 PM
Jun 2023
I meant to do 5 stars but I put 4 sad Idk how edit it
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

474 by MCGospels »»
May 5, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

305 by MCGospels »»
May 4, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

175 by jumbosan »»
Apr 22, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

242 by jumbosan »»
Apr 21, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

317 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 18, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.