Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I was also very curious about this 'test' those kids were talking about. Being so young but having to face incredible danger...

Kiruko was very eager to see Robin this episode and this turned into some emotional segments, especially from her point of view. Robin's behavior and personality really became disturbing...what a freak.

Jun 2019
This was very disturbing to watch. I didn't feel comfortable watching it. So... please be wary. It might be a controversial episode, at least how it ended.

The test has been started. The academy is under attack. The kids are crying and there's chaos everywhere. Aside from that, Maru and Kiruko have now reached a new place where it seems like they can find a clue or two about their further journey and Kiruko who's been looking for Robin for all this time finally met him but there was nothing good about it. I felt very sad watching that. The kids under the facility finally saw the blue sky for the first time.

The episode in itself was incredibly directed and just as masterfully storyboarded as usual. Incredible job. But, a very disturbing episode.

May 2020
It didn’t even take a minute and things went downhill, super fast. First with that weird dream (?) sequence of Tokio and then a full-blown attack to the facility out of absolutely nowhere. Causes unknown though, just that the systems went down for some reason. 

Back to Kiruko and Maru, and them arriving at that place Maru was suspicious about last time… it goes without saying despite appearing perfectly normal and flourishing, there was an eerie sense of feeling in the air, which kind of confirmed itself with the name of Ministry of Reconstructions coming once again. And then the final nail in the coffin was when few people confirmed the presence of Robin around the place.

Just the confirmation of Robin around the place was all it needed for Kiruko to get totally worked up and then leave straight away to meet him at their place of appointment, that large filtration centre. Dude, she was so much in the moment that she didn’t even bother doubting Robin for a second and then look, WHAT HAPPENED… THAT HANDCUFFS BRO.. THAT INFAMOUS SEQUENCE FROM THE MANGA… ROBIN FORCING HIMSELF ON KIRUKO. 

Need not to say any further. By the way as the facility was attacked, few kids escaped through and they certainly have arrived at the outside of the outside.

They toned down the Robin, Kiruko scene of course as this is TV broadcast but hey Twitter gonna have a field day.
Jun 17, 2023 6:29 AM

Oct 2020
Interesting episode but the ending is still very disturbing for no reason even though it censored alot from the manga.
Jun 17, 2023 6:32 AM

Mar 2020
Yep. I just knew that reunion with Robin wasn’t going to be as heart-warming as Kiruko expected it to be. 

Inside the nursery, it seems like the test has began, and everything was falling and getting destroyed, almost like the sky was falling onto them. In the turmoil, the twins that Sawatari was looking after have been potentially mixed up, the Director actually just got out of her chair to run, and Mimihime, Shiro, Anzu, and Taka went through a hole in the wall to finally see the real sky of the outside for the first time.

I expected something rather disturbing this episode, so I was bracing for the worst to happen to either the kids, or Kiruko and Maru, or both. What transpired in this episode was quite disturbing for sure, and there was quite an eerie atmosphere and feeling to how it was all directed, so I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Why would Robin do this? What are the kids in for? I wonder what the finale can even answer at this point, but it’s been quite a ride up to this point.
Jun 17, 2023 6:36 AM
May 2023
I can only guess based on how Robin was so at ease of doing this he also raped Kiruko in the past. What a way to find out your sister was victimized. I may go back and watch the past episode to see if the real Kiruko had and strange reactions about Robin’s presence.
McfeeleyJun 17, 2023 6:44 AM
Jun 17, 2023 6:44 AM

Jun 2014
Things are getting crazy at the facility with this "test." Lol at the Director getting up from her wheelchair and turning into Usain Bolt, miraculous things can happen when your life is on the line. In the infirmary, it looks like the twins may have gotten mixed up. Those of us who have either watched enough anime or are somewhat familiar with the Japanese language (or both) should be aware that "circle" in Japanese is "maru" (and in school settings when someone answers something correctly, they use the word "maru" and mark it with a circle). So I'm assuming the newborn whose foot had a circle drawn on it will end up being Maru.

Meanwhile, the long-awaited reunion between Kiruko and Robin has finally occurred. Welp, that got twisted rather quickly. I looked at this part in the manga since manga readers were talking about it nonstop and I'm glad the anime heavily censored and toned down that rape scene. Still, doesn't make it any less disturbing, especially since Kiruko was so excited to finally see Robin again only for things to go that way. People on MAL have historically reacted to anime rape scenes in a reasonable fashion so I can't wait for the discourse surrounding this one. /s
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2023 6:50 AM

Oct 2018
Things escalated in matters of seconds. The first 20 or so minutes feels so calm and collected. Some parts of the *scene has been removed compared to the manga but still is going to be quite a controversial episode, I was initially expecting Run with the Wind director Kazuya Nomura to be the best choice to handle this episode but with his two episodes already gone past, it wasn't going to be possible, still Ishii handled it really well. the scene of Kiruko running over to meet Robin is so well put together.

Same as post #6, Robin doing this to Kiruko in the past is very possible.
Jun 17, 2023 6:51 AM

Jul 2017
The kids of the facility being tested of their knowledge of the outside world, it's all a dream from Tokio, but will the events of the dream ring true? And with a sudden outburst, the facility experiences an intrusion.

Kiruko and Maru's ongoing seatch, brings them to a market full of food. But they have to register with the Ministry of Reconstruction to get the town's currency of chips, and with the registration done, Kiruko heeds the request if they have any information on Robin, which they have, and she rushes out to find him immediately with an appointment at the Large Filtration Plant (where the Takahara Academy once stood). Within 2 hours, they would be able to see Robin again, though Maru is just there for the ride towards his objective of Heaven. The big brother whom the boy misses so much, the chance of reunion has come true.

The problem with Takahara Academy now under attack, and the children race off to escape damage. The older kids noticing what Mimihime had seen and race off to do their own investigation, with the Director running away from harm. The hole that arose from the facility, and the outer walls indeed show an outside that is of the typical sky. Robin's reunion with Haruki in Kiriko's body, it's definitely the case of questions and answers to be linked, as well as the others in their various states of disarray now. Sure, Kiruko feels satisfied that she managed to find Robin after the long time that they've been apart, but Robin has an eerie plan in mind: taking Kiruko into his own hands, while Maru has his own meal.

The infamous manga scene of Robin raping with Kiruko, it's bound to happen, though censored for TV broadcast standards. No doubt that this feels disturbing, and Heaven feels like a touch away.

With the full-blown truth out, what is the resolution now?
Jun 17, 2023 7:02 AM

Feb 2021
I was sooo damn on edge the whole episode.
This episode was reeeally uncomfortable to watch (not that it makes me like this anime less, but still). The kids going outside is exciting at least.
Oh, and Tokio's dream at the beginning was quite weird.
Also an interesting moment at 6:29 when Maru was thinking about marking it as "applying for: myself" or for someone else. Maybe he got swapped with his sibling (clone?) at ~13:05.
I've been reading the manga along with the anime but people are saying that it was censored so now I'm scared to check the chapters.
Jun 17, 2023 7:03 AM

Nov 2010
So, the ripe, distorted and cracked tomato and its dripping juice are metaphor for some events.
Jun 17, 2023 7:17 AM

Apr 2010
First things first as a men should never lay his hands on a woman if she doesn't want to, no is no.
But i should also that Kiruko shouldn't have taken a shower at a men's place she was way to trusting of Robin.
Haruki idolised him and as such didn't see his flaws which where clearly there i already thought he was an asshole from the previous episodes and this proves i was right.
There isn't anything that can justify Robins behaviour i hope he suffers in future episodes.

As for the kids a lot was happening it was chaos but the end proved it was day time meaning that the order of events with Kiruko and the students was happening at different times even tho the impression is giving that the where occuring at the same time.
My question here how much time difference, it could be days but it might be years.
Jun 17, 2023 7:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Aaaaaaaand the scene finally happened, but it wasn't as explicit as in the manga with the direction's touch the scene had when it was somewhat mixed with the past timeline of the kids going outside for the first time, wasn't as shocking as I thought it would be after reading the manga but still definitely tough :/
Jun 17, 2023 7:20 AM
Jul 2020
Aw man, Maru's gonna be heart broken when he finds out what's going on with Robin & it's not going to be good for the scrawny Robin. Also, I feel like Robin heavily implied that he's raped Kiriko in the past without Haruki being aware when he said something along the lines of 'You sure have grown since the last time'... Kinda sucks that Kiruko spent all this time looking for Robin only for him to turn out to be a rapist douchebag. 

Wonder who or what caused the attack in the past timeline (?), and if the dream Tokio had was actually the reality and whatever we've seen since is the 'test' they were talking about.

This show is so impressive in the sense that it creates more and more questions are time goes by. There's one episode left in this season & the amount of questions I have are way more than they were in the first episode. The animation, music, characters (and character development), world building & story are all amazing. Can't wait to see how it all concludes!
Jun 17, 2023 7:25 AM

Aug 2017
When you finally got to meet him and turns out he's like this. As others above me said, could that he's done this to Kiruko in the past too. This was fucked up to watch, but the direction was amazing. And looks like the other kids are going to explore something big.
Jun 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Jan 2009
damn what or who attacked the facility there but the kids now know the outside world though

and the rape scene is finally here eh im glad they censored it since it was painful to read in the manga
Jun 17, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
I mean Robin clearly had a hand in what happened five years ago as well judging by the look on his face when he first saw Kiruko.

I thought the episode was okay but I'm not big on "Let's have Rape be the factor to solidify the sex" I felt like that was a cop out writing wise.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 17, 2023 7:33 AM

Sep 2020
That scene was so hard to watch. Hopefully they kill Robin. That’ll be good.

The kids have not escaped and I’m curious to see who it’ll go from here. Will the climb the fence? Or go back in?

Also she could walk?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2023 7:35 AM
Apr 2021
feeling bad for maru he is going to suffer similar fate to Einar from vinland saga
Jun 17, 2023 7:36 AM
Jan 2021
I trust the writing in this show but i just cant find any fathomable reason robin would do that(NO SPOILERS)
Jun 17, 2023 7:38 AM
Apr 2021
how bad was this episode in manga? like did anything positive happen after that?
Jun 17, 2023 7:54 AM

Jun 2015
Fuck me that got dark pretty fast. Kinda glad last month I was telling some wanna be this is not a show for children!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 17, 2023 7:54 AM

Jan 2012
It blew my mind. I did not expect Robin's attitude or the attack.

"El Psy Congroo"
Jun 17, 2023 7:55 AM
Aug 2018
What the fuck is with the mention of amenuboko? What is going on
Jun 17, 2023 7:58 AM
Jun 2019
KonoDioDa1969 said:
how bad was this episode in manga? like did anything positive happen after that?

Well, yes and no. Can give some spoilers if you want.
Jun 17, 2023 8:00 AM

Oct 2017
Okay I was not expecting that of all things, fuck.
Jun 17, 2023 8:01 AM
Apr 2021
BEaSTPadwal15 said:
KonoDioDa1969 said:

give me some please
Jun 17, 2023 8:01 AM

Oct 2014
This episode is gonna be quite controversial, for sure gave me a uneasy feeling, as it should I suppose.
Jun 17, 2023 8:03 AM

Feb 2018
WTF dude... As an anime only i thought the worst thing that could happen in this ep was Robin being revealed as the doctor who has taken over his body not fucking rape bruh. Goddamnit kiruko why did you not suspect a thing jfc

That's fucked up man. I was hoping Maru would secretly follow. Of all the times he picked to be decent and this happens
Jun 17, 2023 8:06 AM
Jan 2022
I know the whole Robin scene is controversial and if I had a choice, I would have preferred it to be written differently instead of using the r-word scenario, but nevertheless I think it's there for a reason that isn't just for the shock factor, at least that's what I'd like to think.
We've seen Robin through Haruki's eyes and now removing the rose coloured glasses, sometimes the people you look up to and think you know the most can turn out to be monsters hiding in plain sight. And the mangaka used Robin, a mysterious yet seemingly dependable guy to show us the horrors of the world. And I really appreciate that. I think a lot of people are quick to judge any sort of controversial scenes in anime as shock factor and diminish it's significance instead of trying to see and understand if there's any underlying reason for its portrayal.
Also to people who think it's very unrealistic and out of nowhere that it happened, well yes r*p* is in real life very horrifyingly surreal, unrealistic and out of nowhere to many people especially females. So no, I'd say the portrayal of this was quite apt. And if it makes people uncomfortable, it sure should and that's the purpose of media.
milowatchJun 17, 2023 8:13 AM
Jun 17, 2023 8:06 AM
Jun 2023
What the fuck is Robin doing???? He just decided to rape the one he wanted to protect the most..I guess human instincts are something else
Jun 17, 2023 8:07 AM
Sep 2021
This episode was really interesting, good transitions and buildup felt a lot immersed in the story even more. Excited for how the season will end.

Nov 2013
Heavy episode. Studio did an amazing job, with censoring too.
Jun 2019
KonoDioDa1969 said:
BEaSTPadwal15 said:

give me some please

Alright then
Jun 17, 2023 8:10 AM
Jan 2022
DeeDubz12 said:
I trust the writing in this show but i just cant find any fathomable reason robin would do that(NO SPOILERS)

well isn't that how it's in real life too. It happens out of nowhere and for no reason to many people.
Also we don't know anything about Robin except through the eyes of Haruki. Sometimes it's the people you trust the most that unfortunately turn out to be monsters. And i guess this was just a social commentary about the horrors of r*p*. Yes it's cruel, but it's also unfortunately a reality for millions of people in our world. And for an anime like Heavenly Delusion that has so far explored many themes, especially pertaining to sexuality, it's not surprising that this was also included.
Jun 17, 2023 8:10 AM
May 2021
that ending was so disturbing and left me with such a gross feeling. i was thinking about reading the manga after next episode, but with everyone saying this was highly censored compared to the manga, im a little wary to read it now.

i saw someone else mention it and was thinking it myself too, but with how easily robin did that and didn't seem to have any problems with it, i feel like he probably did it to kiriko in the past too.

poor maru is probably going to beat himself up for not trying to go with kiruko if he finds out what happened. i hope he goes after robin and beats his ass. robin deserves death for what he did
KennaIsANerdJun 17, 2023 8:46 AM
My 2023 candies:
Jun 17, 2023 8:11 AM
Feb 2021
Mcfeeley said:
I can only guess based on how Robin was so at ease of doing this he also raped Kiruko in the past. What a way to find out your sister was victimized. I may go back and watch the past episode to see if the real Kiruko had and strange reactions about Robin’s presence.

Damn I didn’t even think about that, that makes it even more disturbing. I was absolutely dreading this part of the series and unfortunately the next ep will probably open with that scene. I think the even more disturbing part is Robin straight up tormenting Haruki while he is in his sister’s body, of course no one would be enthused about witnessing their sister be raped
Jun 17, 2023 8:12 AM
Jun 2023
What the fuck is Robin doing???? He just decided to rape the one he wanted to protect the most..I guess human instincts are something else
Jun 17, 2023 8:13 AM

May 2015
KyotoSadness said:
This episode is gonna be quite controversial, for sure gave me a uneasy feeling, as it should I suppose.
I don't see why it should be controversial, on the contrary. I am glad that it stepped over the shadow of "the outside world is dangerous because of the fantastical monsters out there" panel and showed us a "real" monster you could really run into. It was brutal, just like the world they are living in - I loved how at the same time it was contrasted with the beauty of the same world the kids found outside.
IshitatesoJun 17, 2023 8:17 AM
Jun 17, 2023 8:13 AM
Feb 2021
Embient said:
I was sooo damn on edge the whole episode.
This episode was reeeally uncomfortable to watch (not that it makes me like this anime less, but still). The kids going outside is exciting at least.
Oh, and Tokio's dream at the beginning was quite weird.
Also an interesting moment at 6:29 when Maru was thinking about marking it as "applying for: myself" or for someone else. Maybe he got swapped with his sibling (clone?) at ~13:05.
I've been reading the manga along with the anime but people are saying that it was censored so now I'm scared to check the chapters.

I read ahead so that I would brace myself for this moment and I mean it isn’t as terribly graphic as compared to a sexual assault scene in Berserk or a similar series. They were able to censor it but still retain the absolute terror of it, so I’d guess you would have a similar reaction to reading it as when watching it
Jun 17, 2023 8:14 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Well.....it happened, Robin is truly trash dude, how can you go that bad.
And the others finally see the outside world. 
Jun 17, 2023 8:16 AM

Oct 2013
I said it before and i'll say it again, but i don't get what everyone's flipping over here, what was described in episode 9 was a far worse situation.
Jun 17, 2023 8:19 AM

Oct 2013
Tsubasavo said:
WTF dude... As an anime only i thought the worst thing that could happen in this ep was Robin being revealed as the doctor who has taken over his body not fucking rape bruh. Goddamnit kiruko why did you not suspect a thing jfc

That's fucked up man. I was hoping Maru would secretly follow. Of all the times he picked to be decent and this happens

Did you like, miss episode 9..?
Jun 17, 2023 8:20 AM
Feb 2021
DeeDubz12 said:

Yep I feel this as well. As many other’s mentioned, it could have been possible that Robin used to rape Kiruki (Haruki’s sister/Kiruko’s current body) when they were younger, so that is probably the best assumption.

Writing wise, I think what this does for the plot is shows how Maru and Kiruko can keep searching for “heaven” and even when they find the closest thing to it that they’ve seen so far, it turns out to be a traumatizing experience for Kiruko. Sort of the common trope of using sexual violence to hit home the brutality of the setting that the characters are in
Jun 17, 2023 8:24 AM

Feb 2018
mkzxwing said:
Tsubasavo said:

uhh no.. why do you ask?
Jun 17, 2023 8:27 AM

Oct 2013
milowatch said:
DeeDubz12 said:

well isn't that how it's in real life too. It happens out of nowhere and for no reason to many people.
Also we don't know anything about Robin except through the eyes of Haruki. Sometimes it's the people you trust the most that unfortunately turn out to be monsters. And i guess this was just a social commentary about the horrors of r*p*. Yes it's cruel, but it's also unfortunately a reality for millions of people in our world. And for an anime like Heavenly Delusion that has so far explored many themes, especially pertaining to sexuality, it's not surprising that this was also included.

What... WHAT?? No, it absolutely doesn't happen out of nowhere (outside of it being done by strangers grabbing someone off the street, but these are much more rare cases). As you said 'people you know turn out to be monsters', but there's ALWAYS warning signs to that, its that most don't know where to look, as they weren't taught to understand and judge dysfunctional behavior, usually raised in dysfunctional and/or lacking homes themselves. Also why do you talk as if its something new in the series, did you miss episode 9..? Guess mass rape with slavery doesn't count cuz they're men or something eh...
Jun 17, 2023 8:29 AM

Jun 2012
Robin.. I figured he wasn't a great guy, but christ he's a scumbag.. Poor Haruki / Kiruko. Haruki idolised Robin for so long and it seems he has likely raped Kiruko in the past too. I hope Robin dies a horrible death soon.
N☆ 

Jun 17, 2023 8:30 AM

Oct 2013
Tsubasavo said:
mkzxwing said:

uhh no.. why do you ask?

"I thought the worst thing that could happen (is not rape)" but episode 9 had a GROUP of men enslaved and raped.
Jun 17, 2023 8:34 AM
Aug 2020
so many things to say,it,as another great episode!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 17, 2023 8:34 AM

May 2015
mkzxwing said:
Tsubasavo said:

uhh no.. why do you ask?

"I thought the worst thing that could happen (is not rape)" but episode 9 had a GROUP of men enslaved and raped.

I think Shino shooting himself in the head after Mimihime (or I would say what had been left or her) was finaly killed by Maru was way more brutal in episode 8. The previous episode made it clear that they were whom we saw then.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

305 by MCGospels »»
May 4, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

462 by jumbosan »»
Apr 26, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

175 by jumbosan »»
Apr 22, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

242 by jumbosan »»
Apr 21, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

317 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 18, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.