Jun 7, 2023 4:34 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

Make Your Team

Sun Jul 2, 22:00 GMT
and receive a profile badge

Can you predict the #AOTS?

Fantasy Anime League (FAL) is like Fantasy Sports with an anime twist. Players form their own "team" of anime from the Summer 2023 season, which collect points according to criteria like: # of users watching, # of users discussing, etc. You don't even need to watch the anime you've chosen!

Compete against your friends and other community members to see who has the best prediction power (or luck!) to come out on top.
  • Top 3 will receive MAL hoodies!
  • Top 10 will receive 1 year free MAL Supporter
  • Top 11-50 will receive 3 months free MAL Supporter
  • Top 51-100 will receive 1 month free MAL Supporter

Get weekly reminders before swaps and aces are due by joining:
  • MAL Discord - After following the #how-to-verify instructions, go to #bot-spam (under Miscellaneous), type /asar join and then choose FAL.
  • FAL Club - Click "Join Club" under the image.

Changes since Spring 2023
  • This is our first official FAL for Summer season! We thought that we'd give it a try running each season based on your feedback from the last announcement thread.
  • Score coefficients are the same as Spring season to test the waters.
  • Four blacklisted titles and no restrictions this season.
  • Since Summer is typically a bit slower for watching numbers, we lowered the Ace threshold to 75,000. We know it was too low for Spring, so we'll raise it more once Fall season comes around again.

Please spread the word of FAL and get your friends to join!
If the game continues to grow, we can devote more resources to making it better and better.

Also, let me know:
What do you think about the idea of increasing the number of swaps? 👀
KinetaJun 11, 2023 8:01 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 11, 2023 9:00 PM

Feb 2010
Dark mode doesn't seem to work on FAL so you get a flashbang :/

For anyone interested, I set my dark mode extension to darken the Fantasy Anime League (and also the MALxJapan pages) so you can check on the rankings without being blinded every time: Chrome Store page

MAL page

Jun 11, 2023 9:11 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Does this mean FAL will be seasonal from now on?
Jun 11, 2023 10:01 PM

Apr 2014
I don't think that The iDOLM@STER Million Live! should be included in the list. As it is actually Fall 2023 anime, not the summer one.
The airing date, August 18, stated on FAL is the theatrical pre-screening date. The series had a three-part theatrical pre-screening in Japan starting on August 18th, 2023. The regular broadcast began in October 2023.

btw, what about the Stack Challenges? Last year we had stack challenges in July after the March 2022 FAL finished, but this year we got another FAL instead.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 12, 2023 2:47 AM

Jul 2012
Kineta said:
Also, let me know:
What do you think about the idea of increasing the number of swaps? 👀

Would be nice, but shouldn't be for free. Some FALers have been talking about if that were to happen, it would be nice to change the swap system to something like this:
1st swap for 1k pts, 2nd swap for 2k pts, 3rd swap for 4k pts, and so on. Starts cheap, and more you plan to swap, the more it costs ^^
Jun 12, 2023 4:38 AM

Aug 2019
Increasing the number of swaps would definitely be great since it allows for more action throughout the whole season. Making them cost points is also an interesting idea (but maybe only for the additional ones like the 5th, 6th, etc.)
I also wonder whether it would be a good idea to change the aces so they would add not a fixed number of points, but a certain percentage of the weekly points of the aced anime, but this certainly needs be tested.
WonderkidneyJun 12, 2023 4:43 AM
Jun 12, 2023 6:00 AM
Feb 2019
Nice another fal event still waiting for new interest stack challenge
Jun 12, 2023 6:18 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, what a beautiful badge, love it.
Jun 12, 2023 7:38 AM
Hocus Pocus!🪄

Jul 2020
A pleasant surprise. I didn't expect a new FAL season to make it this soon. Thank you staff for making this possible!

When it comes to swaps, I think the most balanced way to handle it is that we keep the first 4x swaps for free. Additional swaps will cost quite a bit and even more the more you swap. I'm thinking of more than 5k points cost considering that we have Extra Swap as a Wild Card. Speaking of wild cards, I would also love some more spicy wild cards.
Jun 12, 2023 12:14 PM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Masamune-kun And Rent-a-girlfriend are both popular hot trash at the top. Sigh

Potential Black horse:
--Dark Gathering (OLM)
Manga score: 7.55//Member ~4000

--Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi (Doga Kobo)
Manga score: 7.61//Member ~4000

--AI no Idenshi (Madhouse)

--Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023)

Of course, the actual one that deserves to be at the top is the one and only Vending machine Kun

Jun 13, 2023 7:43 AM

Jun 2021
Thank you for expanding FAL to all seasons, it had always puzzled me why there were only two FAL, which were Spring and Fall. I salute your efforts to improve and add additional seasons, but this time I am concerned that you will be even more burdened. Anyway, thanks for listening to our feedback, and remember to don't overwork yourselves.

Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Jun 13, 2023 8:38 PM

Feb 2023
So we're doing this every season now? Great.

I suppose I'll go with Dark Gathering, Zom100, and a few others.
Jun 14, 2023 12:47 AM

Dec 2022
Let's go!
My first time joining the battle!
It seems like an interesting game!
May the best one wins guys. ^^
Jun 14, 2023 2:23 PM

Jun 2021
It's my first time playing this thing i'm nervous >~<
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jun 14, 2023 7:25 PM
Sep 2020
YES! Finally a summer's fantasy anime league~~ ☀️ I'm so happy!
Jun 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Nov 2022
So wouldn't picking the ones with most members be the default strat? How would picking titles with lower overall interest/members be viable?
Jun 15, 2023 5:58 PM

Nov 2016
hich4n_ said:
So wouldn't picking the ones with most members be the default strat? How would picking titles with lower overall interest/members be viable?
This may be the obvious strat, but FAL pretty much never plays out this way. It's because once things start airing, some anime can blow up and others can do the opposite. I think Tengoku Daimakyou from this season didn't have too many members at the start but it's at the top of this FAL season. So just go with your gut I'd say. Also, often sequels fall behind probably because it's more work to pick them up. 
Jun 15, 2023 11:47 PM

Nov 2022
Emasa said:
hich4n_ said:
This may be the obvious strat, but FAL pretty much never plays out this way. It's because once things start airing, some anime can blow up and others can do the opposite. I think Tengoku Daimakyou from this season didn't have too many members at the start but it's at the top of this FAL season. So just go with your gut I'd say. Also, often sequels fall behind probably because it's more work to pick them up. 

Hm, yeah you do raise some good points, thanks :)
Jun 16, 2023 6:44 AM

Apr 2023
First time playing! Hope my luck helps.
Jun 16, 2023 4:15 PM
Feb 2020
These changes are appreciated. I propose you guys should also give a wild card switch i.e. an option of switching one show on team with a show outside of a team.

This will allow a participant to remove a show that he now deem worthy with one from outside of team. As an handicap, limit this option to Week 3 or 4 only that too onetime.

This will ensure a better more engaging competition. Also give users a chance to get rid of a show that had stopped airing due to some issue thereby ensuring fairness of 8 shows always in his team.

I would not recommend it to be a priced option (i.e. in exchange of some points) as it encourages fairness & more active participation.
Jun 16, 2023 4:19 PM
Feb 2020
Ri-KoRin said:

Potential Black horse:
--Dark Gathering (OLM)

Of course, the actual one that deserves to be at the top is the one and only Vending machine Kun

Masamune & Rent will be top 5 for sure. Their fanbase is so massive that they wouldn't budge. They are a safe bet for almost everyone.

There are some shows that are capable of getting first place (none of those are sequels or side story one). I'm betting on Romance, Echchhi genre to rock this time again.
Jun 16, 2023 6:25 PM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Kays90 said:
Ri-KoRin said:

Potential Black horse:
--Dark Gathering (OLM)

Masamune & Rent will be top 5 for sure. Their fanbase is so massive that they wouldn't budge. They are a safe bet for almost everyone.

There are some shows that are capable of getting first place (none of those are sequels or side story one). I'm betting on Romance, Echchhi genre to rock this time again.

Zom100 and Megane wo Wasureta are definitely must haves. And potential contender for the summer season's top point earner as well.

I probably won't even bench Bungou Stray Dogs, its last season's (forth) stat barely qualify for this season's fifth position. And it will likely be even worse this season...but I might be wrong, idk

Jun 16, 2023 9:55 PM

May 2022
Ri-KoRin said:
Kays90 said:

Zom100 and Megane wo Wasureta are definitely must haves. And potential contender for the summer season's top point earner as well.

I probably won't even bench Bungou Stray Dogs, its last season's (forth) stat barely qualify for this season's fifth position. And it will likely be even worse this season...but I might be wrong, idk
Zom100 and  Masamune-kun no Revenge R I think are probably the safe bets. Rent a girlfriend is probably a trap like Tonikaku Kawaii for me last season. I would not touch bungou at all as well.
Jun 16, 2023 10:43 PM

May 2022
hich4n_ said:
Did not work out very well form me. This season just for example I took  Tonikaku Kawaii 2nd, which had the most members sits about 8th right now.
Ousama Ranking: Yuuki no Takarabako was like top 4 mems for regular picks now sits r19.
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 was close to the top also r23. 
I am thinking of avoiding sequels as much as I can as they seem to do really poorly vs what the early member count will logically tell you at a glance.
Jun 16, 2023 11:15 PM

Nov 2022
Zoopiez said:
hich4n_ said:
Did not work out very well form me. This season just for example I took  Tonikaku Kawaii 2nd, which had the most members sits about 8th right now.
Ousama Ranking: Yuuki no Takarabako was like top 4 mems for regular picks now sits r19.
I am thinking of avoiding sequels as much as I can as they seem to do really poorly vs what the early member count will logically tell you at a glance.

Interesting insight, kinda crazy to think shows can be so high at first then drop so hard. Went with some sequels myself this time, hopefully nothing too bad, haha. Although it's my first time participating so it'll be a learning lesson I guess.
Jun 17, 2023 12:05 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Zoopiez said:
hich4n_ said:
The member count might have been high for the sequel because the prequel has been out for a while and/or the anime was popular. But yea members adding an anime doesn't automatically mean they're going to watch said anime. xd That I learned more this FAL... 

I knew not to choose Ousama Ranking for this FAL because it was more of a side story than a direct sequel. I think what content is being shown also matters. It also only has 10 episodes compared to the typical 11-12 so that might play into the scoring.

Hoping I do better this season; I keep getting worse. x-x Good luck to everyone joining.

Jun 17, 2023 2:39 PM
Feb 2020
Ri-KoRin said:
Kays90 said:

I also don't think BSD 5 will reach anywhere near top 7. Newer shows have a better chance than BSD.

As for Zom, its a popular show but I doubt it will be a season hit like Chainsaw Man. Megane has some chances even though its members list states otherwise. But I have not kept both of these in my team.

I betted on some other shows whose source materials are more popular among MAL members, so they are more likely to get a better overall score.
Jun 17, 2023 2:44 PM
Feb 2020
Zoopiez said:
hich4n_ said:

Hey based on past record, season toppers/hits have been new shows which initially have low member count but through word of mouth & other websites, they will increase their memberbase in no time.

In all these seasons I always got atleast 1 in Top 5 & 3 in Top 8. Most of those have always been new shows. Some older shows infact come crashing down pretty hard inspite of having a higher initial member base. In current season event, 2 of my more popular shows are in bench that I gradually swapped out as they struggled to maintained their position while newer ones gained momentum after Week 3.
Jun 17, 2023 4:06 PM

Aug 2017
This summer badge is looking lit.

Jun 18, 2023 2:02 AM
Oct 2019
FAL back to back!!
Let's go...
Jun 18, 2023 2:40 AM

Jun 2015
Ah ha, because im totally dense I looked up and down article wondering how to apply. Of course it was the make team msg but I would of shaved 30 secs off my day had it said click here ;P
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 18, 2023 8:32 AM

May 2021
can't wait to get this lovely badge.     

Jun 18, 2023 12:55 PM

Jun 2022
I always feel so guilty in FAL if I use season 2 of shows. It feels like a cop-out. 

Personally I'm most excited for

- AI no Idenshi because of the studio and director
- ZOM 100 because of the unique visual style
- Synduality: Noir because of the art style and director

and for the dark horse

Dark Gathering because of the unique visual presentation and premise
Jun 18, 2023 1:06 PM

May 2022
MistyBlue said:
Zoopiez said:
The member count might have been high for the sequel because the prequel has been out for a while and/or the anime was popular. But yea members adding an anime doesn't automatically mean they're going to watch said anime. xd That I learned more this FAL... 

I knew not to choose Ousama Ranking for this FAL because it was more of a side story than a direct sequel. I think what content is being shown also matters. It also only has 10 episodes compared to the typical 11-12 so that might play into the scoring.

Hoping I do better this season; I keep getting worse. x-x Good luck to everyone joining.

Same did worse this season also. Putting a little more effort this time versus the last 2 seasons I participated. I kind of just randomly picked stuff, before for the most part so I hope I improve this time.  Ganbare !
Jun 20, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2016
I am super excited for Summer FAL. I hope everything goes well. I think the decision to have the cap be at 75,000 watching and there being no restricted anime was appropriate for this season.
Swaps are really powerful in Fal, and I am not sure how I would feel about getting more swaps unless other things were changed. If we got an extra swap I would kind of like it if the wildcard swap was removed and maybe even different wildcards being introduced that will be used more. Having an additional extra swap feels like it would make things too easy, imo.
One idea I heard that sounded cool of was having swaps cost points that exponentially go up. In that scenario there would be unlimited swaps but once you get past 4-5 swaps the cost of makes you really consider if it's worth swapping. That would also make the fight for last place a little more wild, haha.
caitseyowoJun 20, 2023 12:14 PM
Jun 20, 2023 12:56 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
Another vote of support for unlimited paid swaps with exponential cost increase (1k → 2k → 4k → 8k, etc.).
Jun 23, 2023 8:47 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@Shishio-kun, it works for me but I've always used a dark mode add-on on my browser for all websites ..

Jun 23, 2023 8:49 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@Kineta,the badge looks much better than previous versions...and finally summer is added to fall and spring

Jun 23, 2023 9:01 PM

Jun 2011
Doesn't this just encourage users to bot the statistics?
Jun 23, 2023 11:46 PM

Jul 2021
This is hard, there aren't even 8 interesting animes airing next season.
Jun 24, 2023 12:09 AM
Feb 2015
This is going to be my first time playing
Jun 24, 2023 1:36 AM
Feb 2023
Okay but like how do I pick or how do I participate?
Jun 24, 2023 2:05 AM

May 2020
Finally a FAL event for Summer. The profile badge looks very nice, probably my favorite so far and it's the main reason I will participate again

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Jun 24, 2023 2:51 AM
Aug 2021
jujutsu kaisan will blow the internet . i am damm sure

Jun 24, 2023 2:55 AM
Dec 2022
Mushoku tensei part 2 will be amazing and it will blow the internet because it's really good 
Jun 24, 2023 10:37 AM

Jan 2020
Got my team ready!

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Jun 24, 2023 10:49 AM
May 2021
i would say: jujutsu kaisen 2
                 Mushoku Tensei 2 
                 Bleach
Jun 24, 2023 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
Kuro_no_Rider said:
how do you input your team??
https://fal.myanimelist.net/summer_2023

or hover your mouse over Anime (Top left of the page) --> Fantasy Anime League.
Jun 24, 2023 11:59 AM
May 2021
Vinland Saga season 2 >> namba wan 
Jun 24, 2023 1:41 PM
Apr 2023
Antagonized said:
Does this mean FAL will be seasonal from now on?
seem like it
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
5 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
Today, 5:12 AM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.