Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2023 8:31 AM

Jun 2021
I'm looking forward to getting the badge  (⁠✷⁠‿•)
Apr 20, 2023 8:41 AM
Nov 2016
I don't really care about badges or whatnot, I don't even care about uploading a profile picture so I'm not into these things. 

I will probably watch this anime at some point in the near future though.
Apr 20, 2023 9:19 AM
Aug 2022
i do not care for this show
Apr 20, 2023 12:24 PM

Sep 2018
Yah, I'll be skipping this one. Tried reading the manga but I couldn't get past the first chapter due to how stupid the entire premise is.

Also, as other people have said, an event that forces you to watch a specific anime is not a great idea if you ask me. Could have still promoted the anime and had people find stuff related to the themes of the show in other shows and maybe give an upgraded badge for people that used the anime being promoted. Also could have used it to promote multiple anime, like suggest other anime to watch instead if you aren't interested in Oshi No Ko.
KristiwazhereApr 20, 2023 12:35 PM
Apr 20, 2023 12:42 PM
Feb 2023
So is this a way to make the anime more popular or something? Because I really don’t like this. Why not do this for all animes which release in season?

For example; do this for Hell’s Paradise, Demon Slayer S3 and many others, not just OnK. It just appears for many people that there is favouritism to just do this for one anime while it’s unfair to other animes.

It just paints a very bad picture. I don’t know, maybe I am just overthinking this but comeon, think of doing this to all animes and not just one.
Apr 20, 2023 12:50 PM

Sep 2018
Confused_100 said:
So is this a way to make the anime more popular or something? Because I really don’t like this. Why not do this for all animes which release in season?

For example; do this for Hell’s Paradise, Demon Slayer S3 and many others, not just OnK. It just appears for many people that there is favouritism to just do this for one anime while it’s unfair to other animes.

It just paints a very bad picture. I don’t know, maybe I am just overthinking this but comeon, think of doing this to all animes and not just one.

I kinda agree, it seems like artificially pushing the popularity of an anime upwards. Maybe it doesn't matter since it would have been popular anyhow but it just seems too much like what those botters do, only officially sanctioned and done manually. I mean I don't really agree with the "unfair to other animes" thing though, especially not the ones you mentioned which will be popular anyhow. I think this is just a poorly thought out promotional thing to pay the site bills so to say, but I still don't like it.
KristiwazhereApr 20, 2023 12:56 PM
Apr 20, 2023 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah bruh not interested
Apr 20, 2023 1:29 PM
Feb 2023
Kristiwazhere said:
Confused_100 said:

I kinda agree, it seems like artificially pushing the popularity of an anime upwards. Maybe it doesn't matter since it would have been popular anyhow but it just seems too much like what those botters do, only officially sanctioned and done manually. I mean I don't really agree with the "unfair to other animes" thing though, especially not the ones you mentioned which will be popular anyhow. I think this is just a poorly thought out promotional thing to pay the site bills so to say, but I still don't like it.

Oh it doesn’t need to be about animes I mentioned. I am just pointing out that it should have been done to all animes and not just one because it invites favouritism for one anime in the season.
Apr 20, 2023 1:55 PM

Apr 2016
That woman kinda freaks me out so nah. Also I haven’t seen [the] show

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary, inflammatory wording.
Apr 20, 2023 1:56 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Thread cleaned. Inflammatory comments about the anime, responses, off-topic and spam posts removed.
Please don't use this thread to discuss the anime, as it is meant for the badge event.

Ai_Hoshino said:
Do i need mal supporter to get the badge or do i only need mal supporter for displaying it?
You don't need MAL Supporter to receive or display the badge. There is one specific badge that you can only get while being a MAL Supporter. But that's unrelated to this event! Don't worry.

---

I understand that some people might not be keen on an event focused on a specific anime. When there were only a few profile badges available (<10), we were in a situation where it was feasible to try and collect them all. Since we've been doing badges for close to 2 years now though, I believe the situation has changed and everyone can become a bit more selective about which badges they want and which they're okay to skip. For this reason, I don't think we're forcing anyone to watch the anime who would rather not, just for the sake of a badge.

Recently, we've been partnering with JP rightsholders and trying to help create club communities where anime fans can discuss together. Before Oshi no Ko, we've had official MAL clubs for Kakkou no Iinazuke (A Couple of Cuckoos) and Paradox Live. And even before official MAL clubs, we've also run anime-themed events on Twitter, like the Zombieland Saga, Hamefura and Blue Period events we held in 2021 (when profile badges were just beginning).

In general, we think that it would be fun for the MAL community as a whole to not only have holiday-themed events and reading/watching challenge events, but also anime-specific events where they can have an anime-themed badge for their profile (like this one). Oshi no Ko seemed like a good candidate to trial this style of badge event with since many members were planning on watching it anyway. Which anime we'll be able to do badge tie-ups with in the future will depend on which committees we are able to collaborate with.
Apr 20, 2023 2:39 PM
Jan 2021
took me a while to figure out but there's something that says "Join Club" on the right side
Apr 20, 2023 3:32 PM

Sep 2018
Kineta said:

Thanks for the clarification, also thinking about it more I somewhat rescend my previous comment. There will be "gottah get them all" people but they are probably just a vocal minority, most people that will take part in this are probably mostly people that already planned on watching this or are watching it already.
KristiwazhereApr 20, 2023 3:48 PM
Apr 20, 2023 3:59 PM
Jun 2021
Sounds Fun!I've watched the 2 Episodes today and the anime is really great! Made me cry
Apr 20, 2023 4:25 PM
Aug 2022
Hey fellow kids. Just got my manga today!
Apr 20, 2023 5:44 PM
Feb 2023
Kineta said:
Thread cleaned. Inflammatory comments about the anime, responses, off-topic and spam posts removed.
Please don't use this thread to discuss the anime, as it is meant for the badge event.

Ai_Hoshino said:
Do i need mal supporter to get the badge or do i only need mal supporter for displaying it?
You don't need MAL Supporter to receive or display the badge. There is one specific badge that you can only get while being a MAL Supporter. But that's unrelated to this event! Don't worry.

---

I understand that some people might not be keen on an event focused on a specific anime. When there were only a few profile badges available (<10), we were in a situation where it was feasible to try and collect them all. Since we've been doing badges for close to 2 years now though, I believe the situation has changed and everyone can become a bit more selective about which badges they want and which they're okay to skip. For this reason, I don't think we're forcing anyone to watch the anime who would rather not, just for the sake of a badge.

Recently, we've been partnering with JP rightsholders and trying to help create club communities where anime fans can discuss together. Before Oshi no Ko, we've had official MAL clubs for Kakkou no Iinazuke (A Couple of Cuckoos) and Paradox Live. And even before official MAL clubs, we've also run anime-themed events on Twitter, like the Zombieland Saga, Hamefura and Blue Period events we held in 2021 (when profile badges were just beginning).

In general, we think that it would be fun for the MAL community as a whole to not only have holiday-themed events and reading/watching challenge events, but also anime-specific events where they can have an anime-themed badge for their profile (like this one). Oshi no Ko seemed like a good candidate to trial this style of badge event with since many members were planning on watching it anyway. Which anime we'll be able to do badge tie-ups with in the future will depend on which committees we are able to collaborate with.

Thanks for response. Still I think it looks bad because as you stated you wanted anime specific themes so why not try and do it for multiple animes not just one? I understand though it depends on committees you can collaborate with. I just hope you take what I said in consideration as in trying to make it not just one anime. It really does invite favouritism of some kind, if it’s only one.
Apr 20, 2023 7:15 PM

Feb 2013
Confused_100 said:
Kineta said:

---

Thanks for response. Still I think it looks bad because as you stated you wanted anime specific themes so why not try and do it for multiple animes not just one? I understand though it depends on committees you can collaborate with.  I just hope you take what I said in consideration as in trying to make it not just one anime. It really does invite favouritism of some kind, if it’s only one.It's
Confused_100 said:

Thanks for response. Still I think it looks bad because as you stated you wanted anime specific themes so why not try and do it for multiple animes not just one? I understand though it depends on committees you can collaborate with.  I just hope you take what I said in consideration as in trying to make it not just one anime. It really does invite favouritism of some kind, if it’s only one.
It's not favoritism. It's called a trial phase. Large businesses use test and trial models all the time to gauge public response to new products and services to see if they're worth pursuing further. You don't waste resources on a large initiative without seeing if it's worth the investment. You need to test the waters first. Oshi no Ko is hugely popular and therefore presents an effective test bed with a large viewer pool to pull from.

In fact, this thread is already showing mixed reactions and providing valuable data as to whether or not it should become a regular thing.
Apr 20, 2023 9:25 PM

Oct 2022
Hmmm...advertisement. I don't know how I can feel about this. 

Apr 20, 2023 10:55 PM
Aug 2021
Let's see if I even have time do this lol.
Apr 21, 2023 3:47 AM
Nov 2020
how to bingo?
Apr 21, 2023 4:43 AM

Apr 2022
I wanted to watch it after it finished airing, but anyway 

Hola a tots!
Apr 21, 2023 5:02 AM
Apr 2023
Fun event! Badge looks cool. Can't believe all these people whining about a FREE event, for a FREE badge, on a FREE site. Don't like the event? Don't do it. Don't like the badge? Don't do it. Don't like the anime? Don't do it. Perhaps these people should create their own site and make their own events.
Apr 21, 2023 5:27 AM
Jul 2021
Imma try
Apr 21, 2023 6:32 AM
Aug 2021
I want it
Apr 21, 2023 6:34 AM
Aug 2021
How to get
Apr 21, 2023 6:35 AM
Aug 2021
I need to watch? But want to completed all episodes
Apr 21, 2023 7:37 AM

Nov 2021
M..m? can reading manga counted as well?

third picture :re:zero reddit ( [Media] Emilia & Subaru in kimono by@51senre)
Apr 21, 2023 8:05 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
HyCris said:
I wanted to watch it after it finished airing, but anyway 
KENalreadyexist said:
I need to watch? But want to completed all episodes
The submission deadline is 1 week after all episodes are expected to air. So you can wait and watch it after they have all been released.

ErnestMacel said:
M..m? can reading manga counted as well?
Sorry, only the anime this time.

Thread cleaned. Please don't use this thread to discuss the anime, as it is meant for the badge event.
Apr 21, 2023 8:08 AM
Nov 2019
Wish it was some kind of themed stack instead of just one show.
Apr 21, 2023 9:51 AM

Mar 2018
The badge looks awesome, and I can't wait to collect more badges. I hope we get more events like this in the future. :)
Apr 21, 2023 11:27 AM
Aug 2017
No thanks
Apr 21, 2023 12:49 PM
Feb 2019
Well, I really want the badge but I ain't watching it until its completed airing😕
Apr 21, 2023 1:33 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Roger_dragneel said:
Well, I really want the badge but I ain't watching it until its completed airing😕

The submission deadline is 1 week after all episodes are expected to air. So you can wait and watch it after they have all been released.
Apr 21, 2023 1:36 PM
Apr 2023
Huh! I wasn't considering to watch it, but the event sounds fun tho.
Apr 21, 2023 1:39 PM
Jan 2018
huge W
Apr 21, 2023 2:26 PM
Dec 2021
Kristiwazhere said:
Confused_100 said:

I'm sure MAL is getting paid for this promotion, lol.  Probably by Hidive trying to get more viewers to their service. 
Apr 21, 2023 2:46 PM
Sep 2022
Love it!
Apr 21, 2023 4:31 PM

Sep 2018
daiotaku said:
Kristiwazhere said:

I'm sure MAL is getting paid for this promotion, lol.  Probably by Hidive trying to get more viewers to their service. 

Kineta already made a response to the comments like mine, go and read it.
Apr 21, 2023 7:20 PM
εїз

Jul 2020
this looks fun, can't wait to participate c:

Ugh... I need a nap.
If there aren't any urgent matters,
I'll excuse myself...

Genshin account.
Apr 21, 2023 11:38 PM
Nov 2022
Damn I am very excited for that badge
Apr 22, 2023 4:17 AM
Feb 2023
NTAD said:
Confused_100 said:

Thanks for response. Still I think it looks bad because as you stated you wanted anime specific themes so why not try and do it for multiple animes not just one? I understand though it depends on committees you can collaborate with.  I just hope you take what I said in consideration as in trying to make it not just one anime. It really does invite favouritism of some kind, if it’s only one.It's
It's not favoritism. It's called a trial phase. Large businesses use test and trial models all the time to gauge public response to new products and services to see if they're worth pursuing further. You don't waste resources on a large initiative without seeing if it's worth the investment. You need to test the waters first. Oshi no Ko is hugely popular and therefore presents an effective test bed with a large viewer pool to pull from.

In fact, this thread is already showing mixed reactions and providing valuable data as to whether or not it should become a regular thing.

I said it invites favouritism… Which it does. Trial phase would be trying it on multiple animes better to get a better result not one but like I said I understand why they didn’t try that because it depends on committees they can deal with. Just giving the idea that if there’s a next time, that it shouldn’t be only one anime.
Apr 22, 2023 7:41 AM

Feb 2013
Confused_100 said:
I said it invites favouritism… Which it does. Trial phase would be trying it on multiple animes better to get a better result not one but like I said I understand why they didn’t try that because it depends on committees they can deal with. Just giving the idea that if there’s a next time, that it shouldn’t be only one anime.

Maybe you should clarify what you mean by "it invites favoritism" then? I mean it seems you understand that this is a sponsored event. It's not a personal bias by the staff. It's not someone trying to push their favorite anime down someone else's throat simply because it's their favorite anime. It's paid marketing for a popular show to drum up viewership and potentially even merch sales. As far as the event itself, it does not make sense to expend effort and resources on additional shows just for the sake of gauging public interest in doing future events when you really only need one that's very popular. It would be the same if they'd chosen Kimetsu no Yaiba. That show is also very popular, yet still has plenty of detractors to be a good measuring stick. It's just not the show being run in this case because it's not being sponsored. If enough people enjoy it then they can consider running more shows next time, even in an unsponsored capacity.

I understand you think it would be better if they ran multiple shows now but the long answer is as I've described above and the short answer is they just don't need to.

Edit: Quote chain was broken so I removed it.
NTADApr 22, 2023 7:48 AM
Apr 22, 2023 8:07 AM

Nov 2021
Yeahey
Apr 22, 2023 9:52 AM

Dec 2018
so i'm confused cuz i don't know what a badge is but i am enjoying oshi no ko. ummm how exactly do i join?
Apr 22, 2023 11:46 AM

Jan 2021
nnaik1236 said:
Bro where is the link to participate in the bingo?
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2089294
2023 Candies:
Bonus:

Apr 22, 2023 11:47 AM

Jan 2021
Shikkakku said:
Where can I get the bingo cards?
Here it is: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2089294
2023 Candies:
Bonus:

Apr 22, 2023 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
link to my post so that I can find it more easily to update

Apr 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Feb 2019

Thanks!
Apr 23, 2023 9:33 AM
Jul 2022
Everyone sounds so soft about it being about a specific anime. Sounds more like they are hurt that its not about another typical generic shonen over saturated genre. Don't like it? Don't do it, its quite simple. This anime is fire. Definitely going for this badge
Apr 23, 2023 3:27 PM

Sep 2016
how? Bingo?
Somehow not depressed.
Apr 23, 2023 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
wow... how awesome is that? We have...
✨【OSHI NO KO】✨ Profile Badge Event
.. but we don't have...
☠️【ONE PIECE】☠️ Profile Badge Event
How disappointing!!!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

232 by chichiriNoDa »»
Yesterday, 12:55 AM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by nothing_ness »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.