Forum Settings
Forums

'Sugar Apple Fairy Tale' Second Part Airs in Summer 2023

New
Mar 24, 2023 9:18 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The 12th and final episode of the television anime adapting Miri Mikawa's Sugar Apple Fairy Tale light novel announced on Friday that the second part is set to broadcast in July 2023.

Produced by J.C.Staff, the first part aired in Winter 2023. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with subtitles worldwide, excluding Asia.

Mikawa began serializing the fantasy romance light novel under Kadokawa's Beans Bunko imprint in April 2010, featuring illustrations by Aki. Kadokawa shipped the 17th and final volume in February 2015.

Alto Yukimura (Colette wa Shinu Koto ni Shita) serialized a manga adaptation on the Hana to Yume Online website from November 2012 to October 2014. The second and final volume was shipped in October 2014. Udon Yozorano began a second manga adaptation in Young Ace in November 2021. Kadokawa shipped the second volume in December 2022.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and second manga adaptation on March 2022 and October 2021, respectively. The second volume of the light novel went on sale on January 17, and the first manga volume is set to release on April 18.

Synopsis
In the kingdom of Highland, fairies lived freely until humans betrayed them. Once a fairy has been stripped of a wing, whoever possesses it holds the fairy's life in their hands. Taking advantage of this, humans enslaved fairies, but 15-year-old Ann Halford longs to see the day when fairies and humans are treated as equals.

The aspiring confectioner dreams of becoming a Silver Sugar Master just like her late mother. In order to achieve this lofty goal, Ann sets out for the capital of Lewiston, home to the annual Royal Candy Fair. However, to be bestowed the elusive title, Ann's confection crafted from silver sugar must be recognized with a royal medal at the event.

Ann hires a sharp-tongued warrior fairy, Shall Fen Shall, to be her bodyguard for the perilous journey ahead. After saving him from his cruel fairy trader, she promises to return Shall's wing to him once they reach the capital, much to his confusion. But as the pair travel further along, the time they spend together grows, and they learn more about each other and their true desires. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Official site: https://sugarapple-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @sugarapple_PR

Source: Comic Natalie

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 on MAL
Mar 24, 2023 10:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was a good ass series so I'm definitely watching the second season too
Mar 24, 2023 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
I have yet to fully watch the series but it's still welcome.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 24, 2023 1:57 PM

Feb 2021
Tokoya said:
This was a good ass series so I'm definitely watching the second season too

Yes, me too. I like the story and characters.
Mar 24, 2023 4:02 PM

Nov 2017
I’m so relieved it’s continuing!

plz @ me
Apr 10, 2023 4:28 AM

Jul 2010
Burns strongly from the end! He stopped thinking rationally and optionally with his feelings. It's not worth sugar making such decisions, but let it go to hell! How to live to a happy ending in July... Are there those who have read light novel? Will the situation resolve in Ann's direction?
May be some anime?

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by MichaelJackson »»
21 minutes ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Today

2 by notPara »»
Today, 8:28 AM

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
Today, 1:03 AM

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.